Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (41847 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by ztyle(m): 1:03am On Oct 06, 2008
i'm lost undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by neowelsh(m): 9:22am On Oct 06, 2008
i wonder why the guy is so insensible,
i could remember before i started working,
things were so difficult that, i could not even afford
T-fair.
it was on that condition i met this lovely girl
and we were so much in love.
she saw into my condition and decided to help out,
i was so ashamed about everything.
until i got one
now we are so happy.
she love's me more than ever before
i wish your case is like mine.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by carmelily: 9:32am On Oct 06, 2008
i'm beginning to think SEUN is the guy in question and he really wants to sample opinions grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by spikedcylinder: 10:22am On Oct 06, 2008
Still flogging this eh?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by lekpa: 10:48am On Oct 06, 2008
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color][b][/b]awwww, honey i feel for you. AND AM SO MAD AT YOUR "BOYFRIEND". HONESTLY I CANT IMAGINE A GUY LEAVING OFF HIS CHIC AND NOT BEING EMBARRASSED BY IT. HE IS NOT AA WORK MATERIAL IF AT HIS AGE 1)HE DOES NOT HAVE A JOB. 2)HE DOES NOTHING TO TRY TO GET MONEY AND CATER 4 BOTH OF YOU. 3)HE IS SATISFIED LIVING OFF YOU.
THAT IS THE COMPLETE SUMMARY OF A NO GOOD GUY. SISTER, I BET YOU, HE WILL CONTINUE THIS WAY. IF HA IS LIKE THIS AT THIS BOYFRIEND-GIRLFRIEND LEVEL (WHICH HE IS S'POSSED TO BE TRYING TO IMPRESS) HE WILL BE WORSE LATER ON. TRY TAKING THE SEX AND GIVING HIM NO MONEY. HE WILL SHOW SOME SERIOUS AND NASTY CHANGES AFTER A WHILE OF THAT. U'VE GOT A FAMILY TO THINK ABOUT TOO U KNOW. CEPT U HAVENT GOT YOUNGER ONES AND PARENTS.

PLEASE GIRLFRIEND, THERE A THOUSAND AND ONE GUYS WHO ARE GREAT IN BED. U DONT HAVE TO STICK YOUR NECK OUT AND YOUR HAPPINESS 4 A LOOSER. BELIEVE ME AT A POINT U WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM. I CAN INTRODUCE YOU TO SOME SINGLE GUYS WHO AT LEAST WORK HARD FOR A LIVING 'AND' ARE GREAT IN BED.

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. ITS VERY VERY IMPORTANT.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by phizman(m): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2008
PLEASE GIRLFRIEND, THERE A THOUSAND AND ONE GUYS WHO ARE GREAT IN BED. U don't HAVE TO STICK YOUR NECK OUT AND YOUR HAPPINESS 4 A LOOSER. BELIEVE ME AT A POINT U WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM. I CAN INTRODUCE YOU TO SOME SINGLE GUYS WHO AT LEAST WORK HARD FOR A LIVING 'AND' ARE GREAT IN BED.

HMMMMMMM

LEKPA, U DEY SHARE D GUYS?
HOW U TAKE KNOW SAY DEM DEY GREAT 4 BED
ABI U DON TEST DEM?

ABEG IF U DEY SHARE DEM, ME I NEED BABE WEY DEY GREAT 4 BED TOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by topeorekoy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2008
u know my worry abt women. they just cant stop making me laugh, like how much has the poster spent on the guy that she is gloating abt? if a woman is jobless and the guy takes good kia of her, i doubt if this thread will come up. was he employed wen u met him? i fee relationship is a pre-marriage so what if u r married and ur husband looses his job and couldnt get another one soon and u r saddled with the responsibility, will u divorce him?

my only worry is if the guy is not making any moves to get a job but if her is trying so hard and cant seem to get a job, y cant u stay if u love him? except if u dont.

i hate it wen a guy is a financial mess, thats wen who u r dating will start seeing so many things wrong with u. guys just try strive so hard to have something doing so that ur chik wont see things wrong in you. i knw that if the guy is gainfully employed, the chik wont mind spending all her cash to buy things for him even if he doesnt buy anything for her and she wont complain
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by ayobase(m): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2008
hmmmm, whatever God
has joined together
let no man,poverty,whatever
put assunder besides Fornication
and Adultery.

U should continue praying
4 him 4 good job.

be wise, make sure u save against
the days yet to come
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Bibankee: 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2008
@Joici
the fact that u brought this private thread to nairaland shows u're sick and tired of the relationship
so, quit!
But let me give u an advice,don't ever tamper with his self-esteem cos u will be judged
Of a truth,a man who cannot take up responsibilities is worse than an infidel but you shouldn't drag his leadership role into the mud or attempt to hurt his male ego. Simply quit
Next time you want to date,look for someone you truly love and will never publicize his inadequacies like this,
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by ricardo007(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2008
MUCH SAID. HOPE MUSH HAS BEEN DONE. KILL THE SUCKER AFFAIR. AND DONT BE A SUCKER FOR THAT KIND OF SHIT AGAIN. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Okijajuju1(m): 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hmmm!! angry angry angry angry

Yet another chick complaining of helping a brother out. Yet we guys go through the same shit every other day.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by whitelexi(m): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2008
I think its a refreshing switch, let them chicks understand what it means to live off their bf's grin
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by talktohenr(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hmmm, hope its actually real wat u say or do u just need sm attention. because such feelings is really rare to come-by 4 a Naija girl like u. So bit it babe and move on wit ur life. Rmber, sm people are ment to be left behind.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by phizman(m): 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2008
hello topeorekoy (m)

U VE A POINT I NEVER REALLY THOT OF.
UR REASONING TRY!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Tolulop001(f): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2008
dump him! its obvious you know what to do in ur heart of hearts or else u would not ave come up here to seek help
dump him!
dump him! abeg do the rithg thing, im in your age range nd i feel for you but YOU CAN GET OUT!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by PAT4HOT(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2008
never mind some of our nairalanders, wat I wnt u 2 do is 2 carry on with ur life as, dnt put such a thing in ur mind, pretend as if nothing is happening. PRAY, ABOVE ALL USE UR HEAD AND THINK AHEAD U CANT TELL.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by albridge(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2008
hmmm, women undecided and i am sure she put down a more serious minded fellow for this bloke undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by jaymes(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2008
[size=16pt]Then dump the sorry loser!!!![/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by dadsgal(f): 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2008
Just follow what your mind tells you,ok. undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by segs4eva(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hi, Ujujoan (f)

U surprise as if you know this guy. I think you shouldn't be quick to condemn the guy. No man right thinking man at that age will want to take advantage of a situation like that. Possibly he's yet to secure a job and when he does i won't be surprise if the same girl will not run after him afterall.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by sentix(m): 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2008
Hi,

Well a Yoruba proverb says "A frog always look for a cool place to hide". 80% of Guys I know will behave exactly the same way, providede the girl has created the environment. I don't believe this guy just became like that. You must have encouraged him to be that way.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by yommys01(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2008
@Poster, Your man is not man enough, He has a big problem and it is left to you to help him understand. It is simply, just tell him you are sick and tired of his immaturity, he would understand if he truely loves you. I have been catering for my girl friend's need for the past 3 years now but that does not mean she should ask me for money for pure water when she can provide that for herself. If he loves you he would be planning on how to make you happy, he does not expect you to do the spending in his house. He is obviously after your money AND your body. We all claim jobs are difficult to get in Nigeria but how many of us have tried to employ ourselves rather than waiting to get employed by some one else.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by avobode(m): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2008
Tough situation. I feel for you, but at the end of the day there is a reason you are still with him. Love, sex, something. My advice is see what you can do to help him get a job or go back to school. If he is still resistant to that, then it might be time to look yourself in the mirror and decide if he is worth it. You hold the power in this situation.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by allboyz(m): 1:54am On Oct 07, 2008
lol u no go leave the man? abi na the sex u dey 4? u go tell ur children se na because of pr**k u marry them papa abi?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Robotnik: 3:42am On Oct 07, 2008
KI NI BIG DEAL, NA TODAY, ABEG E DON TEY
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by topeorekoy(m): 7:12am On Oct 07, 2008
@poster,

i guess wen both of u started dating 2 years ago, u were both unemployed and u both were trying to get a job but u got one 1st. i am very sure u would have told him not to worry that u were going to stand by him no matter what. so now that you have a job, u aint sure if u love him. women cant fail to make me have a gud laff.

let me ask u something, what if he was the one that got the job 1st, wld he not have done the same for u? wld he not have been taking kia of ur financial needs? wld u be happy if u read it from this forum that he is seeking pple's opinion that if he cld dump u? thats y i said in my earlier post, guys shld be gainfully employed so that a chik wont play all the ball.

so if u dump him, who do u wanna date? some1 that earns more than u do, so hw sure are u that he wont dump u too because u r lower than he is?

think about it. and y dont help him drop his resume around if u really want the best for u. i knw of a chik that did that for her man wen he was jobless
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Kemjisuper(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2008
topeorekoy:

@poster,

i guess when both of u started dating 2 years ago, u were both unemployed and u both were trying to get a job but u got one 1st. i am very sure u would have told him not to worry that u were going to stand by him no matter what. so now that you have a job, u aint sure if u love him. women can't fail to make me have a good laff.

let me ask u something, what if he was the one that got the job 1st, would he not have done the same for u? would he not have been taking kia of ur financial needs? would u be happy if u read it from this forum that he is seeking people's opinion that if he cld dump u? thats y i said in my earlier post, guys shld be gainfully employed so that a chik wont play all the ball.

so if u dump him, who do u want to date? someone that earns more than u do, so hw sure are u that he wont dump u too because u r lower than he is?

think about it. and y don't help him drop his resume around if u really want the best for u. i knw of a chik that did that for her man when he was jobless

Well said!

Let this be a lesson to all ladies who try to nag their men into marriage. You see why guys find it reluctant to commit? It's because they're afraid to face similar bullshit from ladies. They prefer to go in search of stability (get a job, a car, maybe even a house of their own) before thinking of settling down. It seems it's only in the days of old that love and romance was true!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by phizman(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2008
topeorekoy,

I always like ur post but let's not 4get dat by d time a man makes himself d woman and allow d woman be d man then a thing like dis is bound to happen.
Get it right, d girl is not complaining of him not spending on her but his shameless act of relying on her 4 his financial needs including his family. since he is not spending on d girl and maybe not receiving, then d girl wouldn't have complained dat much. By d time he ask 4 every penny from d girl, it is sthg to be worried about. We r already born men & dat's what we shld remain 2 be and not reversing d position because of d situation being jobless.

We were created to take care of d women as d weaker cells & not trying 2 justify one shameless ass. To all d men, I'm sure u all are doing ur best to retain ur position as d man in ur relationships. If dis topic was posted by a man, people wouldn't ve reacted dis way because it is normal 4 a man to take care of his woman/home. But in dis case, d reverse is d case which makes it abnormal. He shld stop putting himself on d poor girl as her responsibility, he shld give d men some pride.

There is nothing wrong in a woman having more money than d man does but u shld be able to keep ur respect 4rm d little u have by showing u can do better when opportuned. and not smiling & feeling comfortable when she's doing all d spendings including ur personal & som of ur family needs.

Do u people even think of d age difference we r talking about a girl of just 24yrs as against a man of 31yrs. he is supposed to be more ashamed because she too young to carry a load of such.
You guys shld try a test wit ur women, starve dem financially and see if they will not see or point out d urgliness in u. because it is normal they r our responsibility and they already feel/know dat way but d reverse, I don't knw oooooooooo.

My conclusion is: dat SUCKER isn't a man but a woman in disguise.

I DEY HELP AM SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!

I rest my case,
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by phizman(m): 11:21am On Oct 07, 2008
U ALL SHLD TRY UR WOMEN AND SEE IF THEY WILL NOT DO DSAME IF NOT WORSE.

ABEG GIRL, I PRAISE U AND MAKE U MOVE ON AND NOT TIE URSELF DOWN because OF SEX.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by MiamiNBF: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2008
Do what your mind tells you to do,
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by segs4eva(m): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2008
Hello Joichi,
I would just make a few comments here.
1. u said u don't know how u met this guy. i think that's unbelieveable.
2. u don't know if u love him. i think u r not being truthful here.
3. but u enjoy having sex with him. (since he's good) then u should ask urself wat u r really doing with this guy.
May be u r not doing something right with him that's why u feel he is relying on ur finance.
No right thinking guy would want to rely on any ladies cash, its not appropriate in today's age that i can assure u. So i'll advice please come out with what u really want to do with this guy. if u just want to enjoy the sex  thing  grin or u really want a relationship. Don't be surprised at what becomes of the guy u think today is not having a job tomorrow. And by the way how long has he been relying on ur funds since u said u just got the job recently. wish u well sha
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by enattoe(m): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2008
first of all u must be a joker for writing this topic, if your boyfriend relies on u for everything thats your business and not the whole world to know about

secondly if u don't love him why are u keeping him?

when ladies are relying on their boyfriends for their financial needs nobody hears of their story, now that the case is opposite everybody must know.

My case : Is he not human, do u not love him, why are u exposing him, if he was the one financing u would the world know about it?

look there are people in worst situations but people do not here their story

LOOK FOR SOMETHING BETTER TO WRITE ON OK

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of Two Nairalanders / DJ Consequence Set To Wed (Pre-Wedding Photo) / Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.