Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (39150 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sharp guy...Lol
Swaggot00: thank God for that cheesy . check your mail then
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\
See where you really belong.

Cartier is the best of the best? LOL.

Villager feeling funky!...an honest observation not an insult

A good cartier ring runs for less than $1000. Is that how much your love is worth? LOL

You are putting more emphasis on the ring without thinking of the marriage itself.

After a year, we will be inundated with " A story of Life from a Blog visitor"...you sure fit the profile

/

Lol jeez were gonna go all the way to Paris to pick my Cartier and you only have a 1000. Stoppit.

Hmm it's not exactly how much I'm worth...

Villager? Cause I'm unwilling to settle for less than what I think I deserve?

Lol well if he's spending that much in just my ring... he must know our marriage will be nothing short of ammmmmazing.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
OliverPin: grin grin grin LOL you sturborn sha. Anyways, I pray you find a true love who'll buy you an expensive ring.

Hahaha I know yeah Sorry hehe

Hmm haha yeah me too OR ill buy it for myself wink tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by xynerise: 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
priest2u: @op some women dont care about the ring thing, I propose to my fiancee without ring and she was so happy. Later I got her a cheap ring of 80 naira , she even sleeps with the ring on her finger lol. so its love that matters. my 2kobo.
Fixed
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
If wooden ring sef dey dem go collect am grin
OliverPin: Nope not that... I saw talk about "Ur worth" if I buy you a 1million naira ring that's ur worth? 1million?..... Sis not all pocket be same try reason a brothers financial position b4 you expect anything. + I viewed ur pix and you still young and that's probably why ur talking like this grin grin grin The old girls wouldn't mind wateva ring trust me grin grin grin Lolz
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Truckpusher(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Caracta: If it was about the quality of the ring, many celebrities wouldn't have failed relationships.
What's a failed relationship? undecided
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by priscaoge(f): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Bride price has transformed into something it shouldn't have, but it is the underlying premise that is correct. A man should prove how far he is willing to go for a daughter's hand in marriage, and where it hurts is the pocket. It should be adjusted for rich man or poor man, but traditional "price" of food stuffs is a must. If the man wants to buy a nice ring and can, let him. But he needs to respect the family first and foremost, but not if they are adding and making a list like he is Father Christmas.
U are right my dear. Some places present a wicked list as if they wanna sell their daughter. After d marriage ceremony,the guy will go into hiding because of the money he borrowed. The bride price in my place is 25Naira(With few items)if u like be a multi millionaire is not their business,just pay d bride price,what they want is for u to take proper care of their daughter....#Thatsall
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Caracta(f): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher: What's a failed relationship? undecided

A relationship that crashed like a pack of cards.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: If wooden ring sef dey dem go collect am grin
my bro you no talk lie. I know many who'll marry even without ring.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
tellwisdom:

Are you worth 900 naira ring??

I hope not lol

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Truckpusher(m): 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Caracta:

A relationship that crashed like a pack of cards.
How am I suppose to understand what you just wrote when I've never had a relationship that crashed? undecided tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

something dey scratch you for body you never tell me.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Caracta(f): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher: How am I suppose to understand what you just wrote when I've never had a relationship that crashed? undecided tongue

Then what i wrote wasn't for you. Just move on with other comments that apply to your situation. tongue

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/
Invite us to this your fantasy wedding please.

The key is: A lady only gets the richest guy she can attract.
A man only gets the finest lady he can afford.

I hope you have what it takes to attract such a man. No marriage is amazing.

Even the best colour in the world wears off after a while.

\

Lol I'm not looking for a rich man oo...

Mhm lol jeez don't be so.pessimistic about my future marriage

Lol my wedding will be freaking top notch. Ill make sure ill never forget the day.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
OliverPin: something dey scratch you for body you never tell me.

Ehm lol nope.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nope....

I can accept and give an engagement ring made out of fvcking cheerios................I don't care.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by DjHypno(m): 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Some girls to wear get that expensive ring for years, still no marriage. Some have turned Lord of the Rings.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by MabraO: 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
This issue has been discussed sometime last year or early this year
Why repeating it again?
There is no importance attached to engagement ring just one fancy ring ladies like to overhype
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

God forbid bad thing ehhh. I value the marriage yeah this is the man I'm meant to spend forever with... but I can't just have a shitty day in a community centre with a shitty cake and a shitty ring to remember it all by..
How much are u gonna pour in?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by InvertedHammer: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol I'm not looking for a rich man oo..

Mhm lol jeez don't be so.pessimistic about my future marriage

Lol my wedding will be freaking top notch. Ill make sure ill never forget the day.

/

Good luck, young lady

You are not looking for a rich man.

So you are looking for a poor man that will sell his blokos to buy you a ring?

\

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Truckpusher(m): 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Caracta:

Then what i wrote wasn't for you. Just move on with other comments that apply to your situation. tongue
What situation again?

Help me out here,I've been having some form of memory loss of lately.

Sometimes I forgot I've not had breakfast. embarassed
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
ferdimako:
How much are u gonna pour in?

Lol ill pay for the wedding and dress and all that good stuff.
As long as he gets the rings

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Edusouls(m): 8:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
Black woman and materialism, look at where they re deliberating the cost of engagement ring, so the cost of engagement ring will convince u that this man realy luves you, assuming he buys u a ring worth one million naira, but cheats on you instantly on marriage, and maltreats u anyhow nko? U see women re spirtualy blind, they neva reason well and they will neva till the end of time. Ur mothers were given vry cheap bronze rings, some even locally made rings..still they enjoyed and made their marriage work till death did them part.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by InvertedHammer: 8:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol ill pay for the wedding and dress and all that good stuff.
As long as he gets the rings

\

if you no pay for wedding, dress, all good stuff, ring and even your dowry join...I no marry.

Good men are scarce commodities. I cannot be roped in for cheap.

Yep..it has come to that. Outside of children, name one benefit of marriage to men in the long run.

/

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by MrCork: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
. .ok...where that fat mrs breezy chick at?.....i want to fight...come outside!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Edusouls: Black woman and materialism, look at where they re deliberating the cost of engagement ring, so the cost of engagement ring will convince u that this man realy luves you, assuming he buys u a ring worth one million naira, but cheats on you instantly on marriage, and maltreats u anyhow nko? U see women re spirtualy blind, they neva reason well and they will neva till the end of time. Ur mothers were given vry cheap bronze rings, some even locally made rings..still they enjoyed and made their marriage work till death did them part.

Hey! That's not true

My mother gets a new ring every year.

And the ring isn't to signify that he loves me... doesn't make me any stupider if he messes up ill still leave him.

The fact that the ring is so expensive doesn't tie me to him for life...

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by MrCork: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
..*puts on boxing gloves**...come outside! angry

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Maiden topic made FP.
...a lady of few words I suppose cool.
As for me o!(If I was a lady).Something decent would do.As a matter of fact,"expensive" is relative.250k ring is cheap to some ladies while 30k is managable to somegrin.The bottom line is dat a lady,hoping to become wife shuld protect d interest of her man.A woman who knows her man earns 200k per month and complains abt an 80k engagement ring being cheap wuld likely ask for his head wen dey eventually settle down.grin
MrsBreezy:

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\

if you no pay for wedding, dress, all good stuff, ring and even your dowry join...I no marry.

Good men are scarce commodities. I cannot be roped in for cheap.

Yep..it has come to that. Outside of children, name one benefit of marriage to men in the long run.

/

Lol noooooo are u trying to be funny...

I don't believe in dowry and bride price and all that ish.

Well haha if u think children are the only benefit then you can have kids out of wedlock... or adopt and don't get married...

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by MrCork: 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Hey! That's not true

My mother gets a new ring every year.

And the ring isn't to signify that he loves me... doesn't make me any stupider if he messes up ill still leave him.

The fact that the ring is so expensive doesn't tie me to him for life...

angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

What Qualities Do You Look Out For Before Agreeing On A Date? / All My Efforts To Settle Down This Year Is Failing / Man Prostrates To His Fiancee's Mum After Marriage Proposal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.