Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (39156 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by mackenzie007(m): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy: Question - Engagement rings, how many of you actually care about how much it costs.. Or is it about the thought of him actually getting the band telling you he wants to spend the rest of your life with you. Which is it ( appearance or love? ?)
propose with any ring but marry me with real gold!!! Not a Girl doe!!!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Footlocker(m): 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Atmmachine:

Your post annoys me
No offense, bro
the guys a comedian!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Taiye4Christ(m): 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
dania30:
Sis ur head dy dere abeg! U said it all grin
Noted!
*comes to himself*
wait o... what am I doing here? Ok!!! Just gathering useful tips for my guy make im no cari last.
*brings out jotter and pencil*
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Mystiqme: 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
It all boils down to personal satisfaction. If your acceptance of a marriage proposal depends on the quality of ring, you can always refuse the man with the less expensive ring. What matters is that you are eventually satisfied with your choice of a marriage partner.

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
mackenzie007:
propose with any ring but marry me with real gold!!! Not a Girl doe!!!

Lol nah I want diamonds hehe yeah gold for the wedding innih wink tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol so basically we shouldn't marry a Nigerian?
Nope not that... I saw talk about "Ur worth" if I buy you a 1million naira ring that's ur worth? 1million?..... Sis not all pocket be same try reason a brothers financial position b4 you expect anything. + I viewed ur pix and you still young and that's probably why ur talking like this grin grin grin The old girls wouldn't mind wateva ring trust me grin grin grin Lolz
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by priscaoge(f): 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
My concern should be d "Payment of my bride price" and not d quality of the ring. Meet my people n off we go. People don't ask if he engaged u with a gold ring,all they wanna hear is that Ur bride price has been paid #Shikina

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by dania30(f): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Taiye4Christ:
Noted!
*comes to himself*
wait o... what am I doing here? Ok!!! Just gathering useful tips for my guy make im no cari last.
*brings out jotter and pencil*
Choi! Monitoring spirit shocked. Werin u dy find for this thread
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
OliverPin: Nope not that... I saw talk about "Ur worth" if I buy you a 1million naira ring that's ur worth? 1million?..... Sis not all pocket be same try reason a brothers financial position b4 you expect anything. + I viewed ur pix and you still young and that's probably why ur talking like this grin grin grin The old girls wouldn't mind wateva ring trust me grin grin grin Lolz

Lol that's a bit ageist.

Lol well I feel like if you ain't doing it big u ain't doing nothing. If you're gonna propose to me I want the freaking best of the best.

Lol here there's actually a rule of the thumb about rings. They must be three months or over the salary
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by InvertedHammer: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Hmm ill say " no I won't marry you until you get me a proper ring you think I deserve..."

/

You must still be a teenager or in your early twenties.

By the time you reach 30, you will ask him to just pay the dowry.

Fantasy is nice..but reality is a b.itch

Many ladies said so but now are praying to be a second wife, by the special grace of God.

Pray that it shall not be your portion.
!

\

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
When I find one and wants to engage her, I'll surely go for the best.... Though am a guy, but it really matters to me to get something of quality for my baby....if I claim I love her, though ring doesn't show you love someone, but I swear 100k diamond ring is not enough.... cheesy Baby where ever you are, just know you deserve the very best,whether quality is important or not, I'll go for the best for you...y do I love you if I can't give you the best when I have the money.....?

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

You must still be a teenager or in your early twenties.

By the time you reach 30, you will ask him to just pay the dowry.

Fantasy is nice..but reality is a b.itch

Many ladies said so but now are praying to be a second wife, by the special grace of God.

Pray that it shall not be your portion.
!

\

I'd honestly rather be single.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Durchess(f): 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Whz HARDDON?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
tebirim: When I find one and wants to engage her, I'll surely go for the best.... Though am a guy, but it really matters to me to get something of quality for my baby....if I claim I love her, though ring doesn't show you love someone, but I swear 100k diamond ring is not enough.... cheesy Baby where ever you are, just know you deserve the very best,whether quality is important or not, I'll go for the best for you...y do I love you if I can't give you the best when I have the money.....?

I like you.

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by InvertedHammer: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
jashar: Choi OP. You just reminded me. I don't care if my gown is #2000 or if the whole ceremony costs #3000,but that ring ehn must come from only 3 jewellers.
1.Tacori.
2.Cartier.
3.Tiffany.
That's all.grin

/
I want a private jet, but I cannot afford it.

The question is: Are you worth a ring from any of the jewelers?

Most importantly, do you have what it takes to attract a guy who can afford such a ring?

That is assuming that you can tell the difference between a quality ring and a knock-off.

Most people cannot. They only look at the price tag which any guy man can manipulate. grin grin grin

This is why job interviews are good -- They slap dreamers back to reality.

\

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/
I want a private jet, but I cannot afford it.

The question is: Are you worth a ring from any of the jewelers?

This is why job interviews are good -- They slap dreamers back to reality.

\

You want to marry this girl... obviously she's worth all them jewellers and more... to you.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by adekennis(m): 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
zubby29: babe u fine o.can i come nd c ur people,yes or no.lol
..Lol..I just checked hin profile now to confirm wetin u talk..d guy na woman wrapper.. cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by InvertedHammer: 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

You want to marry this girl... obviously she's worth all them jewellers and more... to you.

/

The intention is to marry her...2 becomes 1.

I am not buying her.

It will be an insult to my fiancee to appraise her value to the value of a ring.

So if I buy $5000 ring for her, so she is not worth more than that to me?

And if I sell a kidney to buy her a ring of $20k, does that mean I love her more?

You got it all twisted.

\

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Ekundayo7: 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
priscaoge: My concern should be d "Payment of my bride price" and not d quality of the ring. Meet my people n off we go. People don't ask if he engaged u with a gold ring,all they wanna hear is that Ur bride price has been paid #Shikina
Bride price has transformed into something it shouldn't have, but it is the underlying premise that is correct. A man should prove how far he is willing to go for a daughter's hand in marriage, and where it hurts is the pocket. It should be adjusted for rich man or poor man, but traditional "price" of food stuffs is a must. If the man wants to buy a nice ring and can, let him. But he needs to respect the family first and foremost, but not if they are adding and making a list like he is Father Christmas.

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy: Question - Engagement rings, how many of you actually care about how much it costs.. Or is it about the thought of him actually getting the band telling you he wants to spend the rest of your life with you. Which is it ( appearance or love? ?)

Cost of Proposal ring shouldn't be important until the actual ring. Then again depends on d gurl, if the ring cost a lot then that means he really luvs you and its likely to turn to marriage. so if he can spend that much for engagement ring then yep there is marriage in the corner.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
InvertedHammer:

/

The intention is to marry her...2 becomes 1.

I am not buying her.

\

And you wanna give her the best of the best. Cartier is the best of the best.

Lol you're the man you'll always be buying her... not necessarily using money each time...
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Mystiqme: 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Well, the girl doesn't want the guy? If she doesn't, then I understand why she would refuse the ring, because she would refuse ANY ring regardless of the cost. But if the quality of the ring is the factor that dictates whether she wants to marry him or not, and not whether he can even afford a more expensive ring(given that he got a ring well within his financial ability), then the guy should keep his ring because he hasn't found a wife yet.

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Edusouls(m): 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
Cheap ring of 80,000, u call it cheap, hahaha, how much do u make a month, how much is ur salary, this guy is a boaster..
priest2u: @op some women dont care about the ring thing, I propose to my fiancee without ring and she was so happy. Later I got her a cheap ring of 80,000 naira , she even sleeps with the ring on her finger lol. so its love that matters. my 2kobo.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by InvertedHammer: 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

And you wanna give her the best of the best. Cartier is the best of the best.

Lol you're the man you'll always be buying her... not necessarily using money each time...

\
See where you really belong.

Cartier is the best of the best? LOL.

Villager feeling funky!...an honest observation not an insult

A good cartier ring runs for less than $1000. Is that how much your love is worth? LOL

You are putting more emphasis on the ring without thinking of the marriage itself.

After a year, we will be inundated with " A story of Life from a Blog visitor"...you sure fit the profile

/

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol that's a bit ageist.

Lol well I feel like if you ain't doing it big u ain't doing nothing. If you're gonna propose to me I want the freaking best of the best.

Lol here there's actually a rule of the thumb about rings. They must be three months or over the salary
that's the issue. you not considering how he feels. Dats Selfish... With due respect, Be reasonable love is a two way ting grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by queenmorenikeji(f): 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Both matters
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by rightflank: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
zubby29: babe u fine o.can i come nd c ur people,yes or no.lol
"All that glitters is not gold"

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
[sub][/sub]
OliverPin: that's the issue. you not considering how he feels. Dats Selfish... With due respect, Be reasonable love is a two way ting grin grin grin

Lol and if he feels like I deserve a shitty ring from any shop. He might as well not propose.

Lol and if he feels like he wants to start doing a points system of.. I bought u Cartier I love you more... we can always play that game and I always win.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by oseiwe(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
avuekwe: I don't want any again, just go and see my parents finish. Do the right thing , that's my own.
Where your house dey? First girl that doesn't want a ring.

All the comments never still clear to me, I believe it's every girl to her own sha.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Caracta(f): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
If it was about the quality of the ring, many celebrities wouldn't have failed relationships.

Re: Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsBreezy: [sub][/sub]

Lol and if he feels like I deserve a shitty ring from any shop. He might as well not propose.

Lol and if he feels like he wants to start doing a points system of.. I bought u Cartier I love you more... we can always play that game and I always win.
grin grin grin LOL you sturborn sha. Anyways, I pray you find a true love who'll buy you an expensive ring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

All My Efforts To Settle Down This Year Is Failing / What Qualities Do You Look Out For Before Agreeing On A Date? / Man Prostrates To His Fiancee's Mum After Marriage Proposal (photos)