Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] (41823 Views)

Short Story - Catfished! / Ways To Avoid Getting “catfished” (scamed Online) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by lakaplonto: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
I hav been catwalked but not catfished before
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
catfished ke?I go like catch some fish sha
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Oh my God! You guys will not kill me. Lolz. No be una fault ni. You only see what your eyes wanna see.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
lusciouslex: Her name is: Jessica Akpan. God have mercy! Her pictures were so AWESOME that when I woke up every morning, I worship it. Never knew she was barely 4ft tall, with very tiny orange sized tits, malnourished strands of natural hairs, pot belly, 2 left legs, coarse face and a scaly body. I was so disappointed when we met and I told her point blank. Spent less than 5mins with her and hurriedly left before someone who knows me for my standards when it comes to women sees me with her. Stopped by at my bank to deposit the money I withdrew via atm to spend on her. WOE UNTO JESSICA AKPAN WHEREVER SHE might be. Guys, please flee from blind dating and some SOCIAL NETWORK girls because there are so many pretty, voluptuous, salacious and lecherous brunettes and ebony bombshells around you. Grab your balls like there are still intact...approach any girl you would love to get down with anytime, anywhere... If she says 'NO', take a walk because the probability of ever meeting her again is 1 over 1000.

If you say 1/1000, you might still meet her. Rather, your probability should be Zerooooooooooo. Never had an experience with them sha and I pray not to.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Sike(m): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
I don't operate online. So i'd never been catfished.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by MrDoGood(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
op between u and d girls dem, me no come know who dey lie.
na u be their photographer?
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by marieolae(f): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sike: I don't operate online. So i'd never been catfished.
I don't advise you to, I actually prefer real life dating.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by laiza(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
marieolae: For those who don't know the meaning of "catifished", it is a slang term for being deceived. In our generation today, a lot of people tend to use filters, photoshop and specific angles to beautify their pictures. But this has gotten to a whole new level. Instagram, facebook, twitter have become the foundation of catfishes. They deceive people online,creating an image of what they are not. The question is...have you ever hooked up with a guy/girl that totally disappointed you? Share your stories. Here are some of the catfishiest girls on the internet
Jisox shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by VantagePoint: 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
I was catfished yesterday.
I hooked up with this ?beautiful gal on a popular online dating forum. She was/is exquisitely beautiful, with large, liquid, limpid eyes you could drown yourself in. She had a flawless skin.We chatted, exchanged BBM PINs, phone numbers, the whole nine yards.
I dished out my spiel and we finally agreed to meet at a Captain Cook's outlet.
My brimming anticipation turned to dismay when I saw her.
She had the dirtiest sclera (white part of the eyes) I have ever seen and(this brought tears to my eyes) two long, vertical tribal marks on her cheeks.
Her face was so heavily made up she had trouble smiling.
I was sure if I had scratched her face I would have revealed more imperfections.
Now all these didn't really detract from the fact that despite the few flaws she has (who doesn't), she was still beautiful. What beats me was going all the way to hide them to attract someone. Someone you intend to meet.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Ekundayo7: 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
VantagePoint: I was catfished yesterday.
I hooked up with this ?beautiful gal on a popular online dating forum. She was/is exquisitely beautiful, with large, liquid, limpid eyes you could drown yourself in. She had a flawless skin.We chatted, exchanged BBM PINs, phone numbers, the whole nine yards.
I dished out my spiel and we finally agreed to meet at a Captain Cook's outlet.
My brimming anticipation turned to dismay when I saw her.
She had the dirtiest sclera (white part of the eyes) I have ever seen and(this brought tears to my eyes) two long, vertical tribal marks on her cheeks.
Her face was so heavily made up she had trouble smiling.
I was sure if I had scratched her face I would have revealed more imperfections.
Now all these didn't really detract from the fact that despite the few flaws she has (who doesn't), she was still beautiful. What beats me was going all the way to hide them to attract someone. Someone you intend to meet.
Awwww....I don't share your tears in the op up top I bolded. I find tribal marks very beautiful and sexy on a woman. It shows me she has parents who are proud of their origin, proud of their family lineage and that she was raised knowing who she is and where she comes from. I know some people think it is wrong to not give a child a choice in the matter, but outside custom and culture is the changing factor nowadays. For all you girls out there with tribal mark, there are men who love your face so don't hide it or be ashamed please. For me it is the true finishing touch on a beautiful African Queen smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Many of these catfish are just using heavy makeup and good photography angle, all women use that stuff if they have the money for it.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lmao!

I have never been catfished, but with instagram and all the fakeness involved with how fraudulent most pictures look these days, you can easily fall prey. Almost every chic I know that isn't good looking looks like a model/celebrity these days on instagram and chat apps. Hence folks need to be careful. grin

I only did the online thing during sec and college when Hi5 was popping, and back then, MSN/Aol messenger and webcam were also popping. So, you actually see who you're chatting to and get a proper glimpse of what they look like, before travelling for a link up, or telling them to come link you. Teenage years right there!

Dammit! Half of you nyggahs will never make it with faux celebrities/models on social media these days. grin
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by slap1(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
No.

I almost never chat with complete strangers, so my chances of being catfished are pretty slim.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by simdam500(m): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Life is too short
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by sunsky29(m): 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
isacolukay: YES!!! Infact, I should be awarded as the biggest beneficiary in catfish history.
E get one babe wey I catch for 2go back in d days, told me she just came back from Yankee (fine gal, beautiful face), I just dey happy say I don hammer! We got it on and I invited her home. She accepted o! I come go dey prepare the kain chaw wey I never prepare b4 for my life. Wen I went to pick her at d junction, I was taken aback by what I saw. I wan run but for where? She saw me wit d phone in my ear as I called her.
I swear the gal fat pass Lepacious Bose (and I'm not exaggerating). As I carry am reach house dat day, I lock up, at least, she don come she don come she must collect dis nyt, 2moro morning, make she dey go.
D gal no gree comot o. I had to beg a female friend to come pose as my gf and pick quarrel with her before she raised up her large body to leave.
bros ur case and my own na d same.omo e gt one gal wey I meet for 2go sef dat time...na so we bin dey chat I cum ask her were she dey stay,d babe just tel me were.I say its just a stone throw frm were I stay.we agree to meet one evening so.omo see as I dress like one guy wey dey go dangote daughter birthday dt evening....I enter keke.as I reach call d babe na.omo just lk u...I wan turn bk dey go wen I see d gal wey hold d phn dey near my direction.....chineke,oluwa,allah..cum oooo I don enter today ooo...na so I cum calm dwn folo her na...na her mama resturant she kari me enter..d gal fat no b small.I see her sis dia I prefer her sis .+mo na so I cum dey tink of excuse to excape dat toture.....if u see d babe,u go tnk say na person wey don fit b my aunty....dem offer me drink...my mind no dey for food.I wan just xcape sharperly......na so d gal tk style dey hole me dia wt talks.to ansa her smtimes I just dey act dumb dey use my head dey xclaim.....omo na so I form call. Cum say helo,baby am on my way! I tok am loud so d fatty n her sis go hear am.I cum tk style go out dey pretend lk say I dey cal by den 9pm don nack..I say omo I don die.dis gal en.as I form d cal finish I cum login enter 2go lk dis.....D babe fatty send hail of message d funny one read,I wnt forgv u for dis.I was lk,wtf? Me n u gt biz bfore?as I enter d shop bk.I tell d babe say I wn go.I wave her sis bye.for road sef I bin dey tink say e for b dt her sis na.as soon as I enter keke bk.omo I for slap myslf dt day.dis gal don mk me wear dis my designer clothings n shoe for notn..kai but those days 2go bin sweet pass bbm n whatsapp.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by duni04(m): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
SirShymex: Lmao!

I have never been catfished, but with instagram and all the fakeness involved with how fraudulent most pictures look these days, you can easily fall prey. Almost every chic I know that isn't good looking looks like a model/celebrity these days on instagram and chat apps. Hence folks need to be careful. grin

I only did the online thing during sec and college when [b]Hi5[/b]was popping, and back then, [b]MSN/Aol messenger[/b]and webcam were also popping. So, you actually see who you're chatting to and get a proper glimpse of what they look like, before travelling for a link up, or telling them to come link you. Teenage years right there!

Dammit! Half of you nyggahs will never make it with faux celebrities/models on social media these days. grin

Since that time? And u neva marry? grin
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by chronique(m): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pls come closer;I want to tell you something.
marieolae: really, share your story! Let's hear!!!
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yes ooo badoo gals dey can decive alot
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
duni04:
Since that time? And u neva marry? grin

Marry? grin I got on Hi5 in 04 in sec sch, and left it in 2007.

I'm still a young guy...I grew up in the 90s. Not ready for marriage! grin
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Hembelembe: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Fake life
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by alberto2k(m): 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] as e dey hot.. still waiting to make first FP. Am a newbie tho :/
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Maximus17(m): 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
marieolae: lol don't worry you will soon!!!
na u won catfish am?? grin
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by jesuspikinjp(m): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
I have only been catpiged
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by softandsweet(f): 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
Oh Jeez, and they said miracles were scarce......
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
A lot of girls catfish this days which has been mad easier by smart phones and apps.

Some girls can't upload a pic on any social network without thorough editing and photoshoping.

Despite all the fake lashes, makeup, hair etc, they still fake the picture/image.

Nothing is real anymore or maybe the word real has been re-defined.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by gorgeousnogo(f): 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
@op, it will really be nice if u create a post with different slangs and their meaning.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by 100Cents: 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
I have been catfished on nairaland.

I don't believe anything online...
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by beinstein(m): 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
i refrained from online dating since the invention of DIGITAL CAMERA.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Joavid: A lot of girls catfish this days which has been mad easier by smart phones and apps.

Some girls can't upload a pic on any social network without thorough editing and photoshoping.

Despite all the fake lashes, makeup, hair etc, they still fake the picture/image.

Nothing is real anymore or maybe the word real has been re-defined.

Lmao!!

But why are women so fake these days? They've got all the Mary Kays of this world to cover-up their weaknesses, yet still need to fake it all over social media, with fraudulent pics and lifestyle completely opposite from who they're - shameful. grin

And the mad thing is that: the ones that are actually very beautiful aren't that vain, and their pictures don't always look model-esque. Just normal pictures.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by bandely(m): 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
I'd rather catch the 'fish' than be 'catfished'
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
I can't just stop laughing. Funny experiences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Chuksgeo: 8:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
Catfish is one of my favourite programmes on Mtv. As for Catfishes they have come to stay. . .one of the disadvantages of overland technologies. Only know how not to allow them use/manipulate you. My two cents
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by marieolae(f): 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
gorgeousnogo: @op, it will really be nice if u create a post with different slangs and their meaning.
will do that!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Reasons You Should Marry A Working-Class Lady / Truth And Dare Game: Join Me Romancelanders! / Picture Of A Girl On Her Knees Proposing To A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.