Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] (41843 Views)

Short Story - Catfished! / Ways To Avoid Getting “catfished” (scamed Online) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Tinyemeka(m): 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
marieolae: For those who don't know the meaning of "catifished", it is a slang term for being deceived. In our generation today, a lot of people tend to use filters, photoshop and specific angles to beautify their pictures. But this has gotten to a whole new level. Instagram, facebook, twitter have become the foundation of catfishes. They deceive people online,creating an image of what they are not. The question is...have you ever hooked up with a guy/girl that totally disappointed you? Share your stories. Here are some of the catfishiest girls on the internet

The first catfish still looks point-and-killable. Emmmm... I think that one can still make a good pepper-soup. The others look fake to me. I mean the pimples and stuff were emphasized to highlight the wowority of the pics. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by iluvmoscow(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
I have been catfished once, I didn't walk away from my date. Met her online, we got talking and were so fond of each other.

Decided to meet after 2months of our online romance. undecided

She wasn't that bad looking though, but she no try. lipsrsealed

Sat with her, ordered some drinks and shared some jokes with her. Enjoyed myself and friend zoned her immediately I got home.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by marieolae(f): 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
iluvmoscow: I have been catfished once, I didn't walk away from my date. Met her online, we got talking and were so fond of each other.

Decided to meet after 2months of our online romance. undecided

She wasn't that bad looking though, but she no try. lipsrsealed

Sat with her, ordered some drinks and shared some jokes with her. Enjoyed myself and friend zoned her immediately I got home.
wow that's really harsh..dnt u think? Didn't she have a nice personality?
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
marieolae: wow that's really harsh..dnt u think? Didn't she have a nice personality?
even if a guy has good personality u and other girls will spit on him if has no ca$h
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by deavicky(m): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
In fact one photographer snapped me, when he brought the pic I nearly no know myself again. JESUS come and see hansom if for not my dress i for say no be me be that. I just told hime to go bring the original me cos I no want trouble

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao!!

But why are women so fake these days? They've got all the Mary Kays of this world to cover-up their weaknesses, yet still need to fake it all over social media, with fraudulent pics and lifestyle completely opposite from who they're - shameful. grin

And the mad thing is that: the ones that are actually very beautiful aren't that vain, and their pictures don't always look model-esque. Just normal pictures.

You are right.

It has to do with them fitting in and looking cool and perfect.
its largely society's fault firstly, not all the time though, people have the tendency to copy what their favorite people do, as you might rightly guess, must people's favorite individuals are celebrities who live the 'posh' life...
On the other hand, there are non conformist who don't just see and do, they don't care about society.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by solidman59(m): 10:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Girls de package sha.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by kinso04(m): 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
ifyn4real: Nah i have'nt
I have been bro, She wore an hard bra dat made d boobs much more bigger bt wen I wanted ........... Dope, it was hell way too small.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Ishilove: 12:19am On Sep 01, 2014
MrCork:

....how do u expect to find man on nairaland when u keep cussin...ladies do not swaaar and gues wot...light skin females wud never act like that• undecided
Lol. This Cork is a real idiat cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by youngelder(m): 12:19am On Sep 01, 2014
Hahahaha.. Nice word dere... "catfished" . Its almost an evryday phenomena.. Thanks (or no thanks) to d various photo editing apps.
To answer u? Yes.. Got frends who has bin catfished on multiple occasion.
A frend met dis "beautyful, fair lady and heavily bre.ast-d babe" online. Dey had fun online..and agreed to meet. On d d-day, even wit d gal standin in front of me (i was acting to be d guy).. I culdnt recognise d gal... My frend said he wont c ha. I talkd him into it.. Bt mehn.. I jst culdnt hold myself. I askd ha.. "o gal.. Na u be dis? U different frm d picture o. C wetin photoshop don do"
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 01, 2014
I've never been catfished....Internet dating is scary.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by ifyn4real: 5:34am On Sep 01, 2014
kinso04:
I have been bro, She wore an hard bra dat made d boobs much more bigger bt wen I wanted ........... Dope, it was hell way too small.
grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Realtol(m): 7:33am On Sep 01, 2014
Eleyii gidi gan oo
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Danhumprey: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2014
Champella:

So una two dey for University of Ikpa Road o. How una dey? I dey hail o cool
Bro,you sef dey Uniuyo?shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Danhumprey: 7:42am On Sep 01, 2014
Emmy9ite: Lol, the room after man o' war room. Room 4 then.
I asked room 3 and 4,them say you no dey there,say them no know you. One guy been dey ask me of your department and me sef no know,as you no tell me. Bros,na wetin nau?
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by mrspeaker: 7:50am On Sep 01, 2014
What shall it profit them to be faking themselves on social media? You are what you,just be the best you are.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Champella(m): 8:10am On Sep 01, 2014
Danhumprey: Bro,you sef dey Uniuyo?shocked

Na God o. How u dey na
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by marieolae(f): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2014
mrspeaker: What shall it profit them to be faking themselves on social media? You are what you,just be the best you are.
so true
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Danhumprey: 8:22am On Sep 01, 2014
Champella:

Na God o. How u dey na
Me dey fine. You don graduate?
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Champella(m): 8:29am On Sep 01, 2014
Danhumprey: Me dey fine. You don graduate?

I never gradge yet o Broz. U nko?
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by gorgeousnogo(f): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2014
marieolae: will do that!
okay. It will surely benefit us 'learners'
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Danhumprey: 9:48am On Sep 01, 2014
Champella:

I never gradge yet o Broz. U nko?
Me never graduate yet.
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Champella(m): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Danhumprey: Me never graduate yet.

At an appointed time "t" measured in seconds "s", we'll graduate. No be God again? Haba!
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
zubby29: sweet never knew you were married. my warm regards to your family. hugs
Yes I am lol but I have a confession, I am a big flirt tho lol. cool
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
generalissimo: Hmmm....I aint interested in ur biz sis, not in the least. But I might now, realising that u are raising two boys. Wow! U sounded responsible enough to earn my respect....I duff my hat. Take care of ur hubby
Thank you in regards to that.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Emmy9ite(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2014
Danhumprey: I asked room 3 and 4,them say you no dey there,say them no know you. One guy been dey ask me of your department and me sef no know,as you no tell me. Bros,na wetin nau?
holla, 07036322882
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by zubby29(m): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2014
ok,gud morning
ebonyeyez: Yes I am lol but I have a confession, I am a big flirt tho lol. cool
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 02, 2014
Norajones: Why only women?Abi na only dem waka cum?
It is because many women like to pretend to be who they are, because men love and prefer beautiful women, the beauty of women is their selling point so they hype it. Men do this less. Because men believe their beauty is their wealth. A man's wealth is his selling point so he doesn't photoshop himself. He would rather lie to be Dangote's first son and next of kin.
Men go

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by DonaldGenes(m): 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
Elantracey:

I've met some catfished guys grin

Lolzz Boyz don't do make-up nah except powder and all that woman?
Re: Have You Ever Been "Catfished"? [pics] by DonaldGenes(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
frankben1: hahaha.... Yes..

But I love the way you catfished me.... m not gonna leave you tho cool

(@)(@)(@)

Discipline yourself boy when thou seeth a lady

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Share Your Friend Zone Story. / 5 Ways To Remain Physically Attractive As A Man / 7 Reasons You Should Marry A Working-Class Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.