Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos (83846 Views)

Picture: See How This Guy Proposed To His Chick And Someone's Hilarious Reply / See What An Unsatisfied Boyfriend Did To His Girl (Picture) / Guy Proposed To Girlfriend Dressed As A Homeless Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
50calibre:

Yeah tell that to Nigerian parents (yours included) who seek money in return for their daughters.

By the way.....My father never took a dime from my brother Inlaw's family .....Just so you know; but that doesn't mean one has to ridicule every other Persons custom/ beliefs, just because you have an issue with it.

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
repogirl: Proposing in the middle of a shopping mall? Is that his idea of 'romantic'? Weird! undecided
I don't understand why people are going after my post that is not so much different from yours. I don't see so much difference from your use of the word 'weird' from the 'ugly' in my previous post. That pinksh*t of a lady is an i d i o t!
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hmmm. This is supposed to be romantic but .......
I will beg the earth to swallow me up.

Good to know Nig guy still dey reason well even with all the nonsense we see on nl
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by pinkshell(f): 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
Heheheehe!
U such a nuisance!
Can't believe u gave up so easily.
And to tink u even mentioned u were sorry, only to end it wit somthing nasty,
I hope I tot u a lesson#Cheers!

all4naija: Okay! I quit! Go and face your dirty boyfriend with your insolent behavior! PTUI! I am sorry madam. But, leave me alone, you i d i o t.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
Another week; another public marriage proposal. Now that our collective narcissism has reached the point where “proposal planner” is a job that actually exists, we can all watch in horrified fascination as men succumb to yet another opportunity to outdo each other when it comes to impressing the Ladeez. Check out Damilola and Chris Attoh's shameful public poposal, on top pregnancy...I was really ashamed on their behalf.
Obviously, it was entirely done for those watching and not really for the benefit of the person being proposed to.

Every time I see one of those public proposals, I secretly wish she'd just say no. Not because I'm a cruel hater of other people's happiness, but just because it would serve the guy right for being so thoughtless as to ask such a personal and, for some, very important, question in a public place and for putting his intended wife-to-be on the spot.

A nice proposal on a quiet beach or after a good dinner is enough for me, if my boyfriend tried any of this big in public like in a crowded mall stuff he'd be dumped so fast his head would spin.

Note to men, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, public marriage proposals are almost always cringe-inducing manipulative and WE ARE SICK OF PRETENDING THEY ARE ADORABLE. Proposals are far better when they are private, and the woman doesn't have the pressure to say yes.

*looked at the pixs again* SMH* What an unromantic scene

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
hensben: 21st century my foot...this type of show is not our way of life....#mental slavery everywhere...smh
Yet, you'll end up doing exactly what you claim to be against. ......or do you want to tell me you never / or will never pay a bride price, if your Father in-law does request for a bride price, before handling his daugther over to your for marriage?
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
chidyhels: Hmmm. This is supposed to be romantic but .......
I will beg the earth to swallow me up.

Good to know Nig guy still dey reason well even with all the nonsense we see on nl
Why do Nigerian ladies hate surprises?
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by pinkshell(f): 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
I don't like an audience!
I wldnt even want to be proposed to in d presence of my familly. Besides I cant forfeit the luxry of being able to choose my ring by mysef for anytin.
The romance must be behind closed doors, wit no spectators.
ChiSun27:

LOL!!!! U r jst lyk one of my female frnd...d gal cn shy eeehhhh. For instance....dia was a day I insistd on holdn ha hand bag yle I walk ha hom frm my ofix...babe...u nid 2 c diz gal...she bkam so unease n cudnt wait 4 us 2 get 2 ha gate...ha own shyness no get part 2.

Bt I bliv dat ladiz being shy meks guys bkom unromantic...which is nt healthy 4 a rltnshp....cus suprises adds flavour n sweetens rltnshps.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Melahou:
he would have done it on your street abi...
even if his pocket empty...he`s marrying the lady
D lady is just paying him gratitude because of d shoplite spending
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Somebody is really like an exhibit in here. She needs help with her inferiority complex of doing things behind close door all the time! Bleh! undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
all4naija:
Why do Nigerian ladies hate surprises?
We don't hate surprises just not used to it.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
edozie04: D lady is just paying him gratitude because of d shoplite spending
That is likely the truth. I don't know! My first girlfriend was a Nigerian but she was always demanding even though her family was richer than mine. Jeez! That was a very annoying thing. I ditched her like a witch! cool
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
chidyhels:
We don't hate surprises just not used to it.
I quite understand that. I heard most of them aren't civilized and oftentime than none come from the forest villages. That is sad though. I hope those who have traveled out of the country educate them on surprises. They are recipes in this modern age.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
@ pinkshell

I didn't mean any of those things I said to you. My apologies!

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by alexleo(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
moreeni: YESssssssss! I WILL marry you kiss kiss kiss

Today the guy is kneeling down to propose, after the wedding na the woman go dey kneel down everyday to beg make him no dey cheat on her. Dont be carried away sisi.

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
all4naija: . I heard most of them aren't civilized and oftentime than none come from the forest villages.
cheesy
Indeed.
Maybe when the guys make it a culture here, we may eventually get used to it.
Don't blame us.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by pinkshell(f): 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
Cowardice at it's peak.
All 4 naija wat apened to ur balls!
A lady chopped it off?
Awww! Poor u!
As power pass power u surrender!
I wld revel in dis victory. #choi!
Lemme leave u as u don beg me na!

all4naija: Somebody is really like an exhibit in here. She needs help with her inferiority complex of doing things behind close door all the time! Bleh! undecided
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by hensben(m): 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
glitest:
Yet, you'll end up doing exactly what you claim to be against. ......or do you want to tell me you never / or will never pay a bride price, if your Father in-law does request for a bride price, before handling his daugther over to your for marriage?
nah! i cant do that...of course paying bride price to her parents is our way of life.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by baggy4luv(m): 10:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
The film show,no go make landlord reduce house rent.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
chidyhels: cheesy
Indeed.
Maybe when the guys make it a culture here, we may eventually get used to it.
Don't blame us.

That is fair enough. But, you are blaming it on the guys already yet many girls are not ready to embrace such culture after reading most of the comments posted by them. No, I didn't blame you at all!
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by blezzymoore: 10:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
This is mexico movie
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Danhumprey: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
glitest:
Madam,it ain't about paying bride price or not! It's about the show the guy put up! Does he have to do that? Does he have to broadcast to the world that he is proposing to the girl he want to marry? That's just show-off! Copy-copy. This is the effect of too much Hollywood/Nollywood movies. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
pinkshell: Cowardice at it's peak.
All 4 naija wat apened to ur balls!
A lady chopped it off?
Awww! Poor u!
As power pass power u surrender!
I wld revel in dis victory. #choi!
Lemme leave u as u don beg me na!

Okay! have a nice time! Please...! angry
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by pinkshell(f): 10:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Den y are u dis pissed?!
If I say I ddnt enjoy tuanting, oboi na lie I lie oo.
Honestly am nt angry, if u doubt it, check page 13, wia I told d guy, wu quoted u saying u were being harsh.
Am cool, if u are.

all4naija: @ pinkshell

I didn't mean any of those things I said to you. My apologies!
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
pinkshell: Den y are u dis pissed?!
If I say I ddnt enjoy tuanting, oboi na lie I lie oo.
Honestly am nt angry, if u doubt it, check page 13, wia I told d guy, wu quoted u saying u were being harsh.
Am cool, if u are.

I am cool as well. I don't like exchanging words with ladies. Not my nature in real life.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
all4naija:
That is likely the truth. I don't know! My first girlfriend was a Nigerian but she was always demanding even though her family was richer than mine. Jeez! That was a very annoying thing. I ditched her like a witch! cool
lolz,nice decision u made,afterall thr ar many fishes in d river
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Heycube(m): 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
No wonder gringrin month don end if nt...Mr proposer no go use shopprite walk-way as proposing centre. gringringrin
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ceasar1: Tashamania, you need to see this. grin

Biko what do you think? cheesy

Me think it's tooo blunt and crowded.

Lol thank you cheesy

Me think it is blunt and lacks the WOW factor. I don't see the need for the hypes everywhere though undecided
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by SlyIg(f): 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
nellyelitz: why are u this unromantic? Mbok change o tongue

oh! Eyen eka. Nya change ufan.
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by ChiSun27(m): 10:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
pinkshell: I don't like an audience!
I wldnt even want to be proposed to in d presence of my familly. Besides I cant forfeit the luxry of being able to choose my ring by mysef.
The romance must be behind closed doors, wit no spectators.

U rily hate surprises frm al indicatnz. Dat mnz u prefa chusn ur own bday gifts, vals gifts etc....u won't av OMG experience durn ur datn or courtship tym na.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by Truckpusher(m): 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tashamania:

Lol thank you cheesy

Me think it is blunt and lacks the WOW factor. I don't see the need for the hypes everywhere though undecided
If he's proposing to you let him do it and stop dancing around tongue

Ceaser1 propose to her na. cheesy
Re: Photos: This Guy Proposed To His Girl In Shoprite, Ikeja Lagos by BankuTilapia2: 10:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Another dementeddddddd mumugerian grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / Photos Of The Artificial Sex Doll 'samantha', That Has Emotions And Loves Touch / It Is Wrong To Ask “how Was Your Night?” – Here’s Why.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.