Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (34971 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
So dey born una unhappy that u always want a man to make u happy? Men are not happy too!
His post made it sound like women get married because they are looking for happiness from someone else and if she stays single she will be unhappy. Some women remain single because that is what makes them happy, being independent and working for their own.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents:

Explain yourself...

Okay, I didn't listen to her parents entreaties because there was something very bad she did...
Because u didn't do the needful-fawadu. Women get different meaning to any word or situation. U allow her do her thing, u are weak... u don't ...u are domineering.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
bayulll01:
safari ur stupiiidity will not kill u,obviously from ur post is because of the thread so dont lie,u cant even accept responsibilities that ur choice of words is wrong,i pity for u ooo,and na person go put u for house,anyway as one guy said no body give a damm if u like marry short or tall none of my bizness
yes, it's none of your business. You need to get a life and stop breathing down my neck.

I don't visit threads you create to bash you, I don't know you and you don't know me, so stop talking like you're my father or like we've ever met. I don't appreciate you calling me a liar cuz unless you're in my head, you know NOTHING of what I meant.

I've explained to ochon what I meant and since he's a reasonable fellow (something we can't say for one such as yourself) he has accepted my explanation so you can go f?ck yourself kiss
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by joshrare(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

God bless you as you settle with the best smiley

I bet your story will change when you are 37years without a ring.....

But still appreciate your writting skillz, keep it up
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
naturalwaves: I think we shouldn't really blame safarigirl, she is just a little teenager and in her penultimate year or so in higher institution, so, she knows little or nothing about life but truth be told, her comprehension level is too poor, this is what you get when teenagers spend too much time on social media rather than educative stuffs.

Moreover, she is a tribal bigot, argues sentimentally, has a caustic tongue(or should I say caustic fingers or betterstill, caustic brain cos that's where the whole thinking comes from), she likes attention and the best ways to get such are by being ridiculously funny , hovering around the romance section with ftequent posts or being controversial. I guess it has been a while her name has been mentioned here hence the reason for this useless post that is fit only for the bins and into the bins it must go. Rubbish!
lol i tot am the only one noticing all her bigotry that gurl na first class werey,very stupiddd thing,she knows it all

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 100Cents: 1:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ademolapaul: Is this ur pics? #no offense

grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
haha...c authority angry petite
yeah, and it's because I'm small that I require a man that's tall...and so far, I've not attracted anyone below 5ft.8" grin
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: His post made it sound like women get married because they are looking for happiness from someone else and if she stays single she will be unhappy. Some women remain single because that is what makes them happy, being independent and working for their own.
It is not true...my bro wife said the same thing. They came to our house the other day, because they fumigated theirs...she was telling her friend on the phone... at least you have got sb that makes u happy.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
joshrare:

I bet your story will change when you are 37years without a ring.....

But still appreciate your writting skillz, keep it up
sorry, I'm not looking for a ring. You can take it and give it to who wants it.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by OsoDupe(f): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
calebo101:

Sorry my sisters grew up believing in their independence and they have achieved it. They do not depend on what men have to bring to the table as they are more than capable of taking care of themselves.

Thank you.
and just cos ur sisters are independent does not make them settle for just anyhow person that comes their way.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by joshrare(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: yes, it's none of your business. You need to get a life and stop breathing down my neck.

I don't visit threads you create to bash you, I don't know you and you don't know me, so stop talking like you're my father or like we've ever met. I don't appreciate you calling me a liar cuz unless you're in my head, you know NOTHING of what I meant.

I've explained to ochon what I meant and since he's a reasonable fellow (something we can't say for one such as yourself) he has accepted my explanation so you can go f?ck yourself kiss

The world is a small place, you guys can create a meeting arrangement and get all these fantasies cleared.
#teampeacemaker
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: yeah, and it's because I'm small that I require a man that's tall...and so far, I've not attracted anyone below 5ft.8" grin
I'm close to 6ft but I have my own list. Sth must give...one person doesn't have it all. He protects u physically... can u do the same financially or being subservient? U c!
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by naturalwaves: 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: I'm telling you now, that I've come across tall, large women who won't mind a guy like Ime Bishop...

This explains my point exactly. The statement "who won't mind" is indifference and not preference
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
It is not true...my bro wife said the same thing. They came to our house the other day, because they fumigated theirs...she was telling her friend on the phone... at least you have got sb that makes u happy.
okay cool i get u, u are using 1 woman to determine how 3billion others think? Did she say that because she is unhappy in her own marriage or what?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Contumely: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77: While you have some good points, you still mixed things up.

This whole thing has to do with the society you were born into.
Things change over time.

The same America you are trying to stamp as the good environment restricted women from voting.
But eventually relaxed the laws that restricted women from doing certain things.

Whether you like it or not, We have males and females on earth.
One is stronger than the other and when you are stronger (America) You decide for the weaker (Iraq, Libya etc).

In African context, a certain law made it that women doesn't get land allocations in their fathers place.
It was made so to encourage marriage.
If you decide not to get married, that's your business buy understand that you are not getting nothing from the Father.
You must either marry or make your own big money.
Even with your money, you are not allowed to have kids in your father's place.

So the marriage thing comes again.

When your desired man is not reachable, you can step down a little.
Yes, men do the same too.
I know thousands of men who wanted to marry Ini Edo but when it didn't work, they didn't go for Angelina Jolie, they stepped down.

So forget your biased opinion.

I have seen your posts where you argue with guys over football, it is something you have the right to do and must be encouraged but to tell your father that you want Brad Pitt or nobody else, then you must go out and look for Brad or don't come back because you can never be the only one who saw Brad on TV.

All in all, knowing when to cash in is important.
God blessed women in such a way that numerous men always come after them whether they are ugly or beautiful, it is left for the girls to be calculative and know when to cash in.

Stop dreaming, we live in a real world.

Zubby speaking from experience garnered over the years.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: and just cos ur sisters are independent does not make them settle for just anyhow person that comes their way.
It can make them have the leverage to wait for their types forever.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Bizibi(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
the person who posted this....should have read the lady's post b4 posting this....the @op points are ok but the intro was just wrong
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
I'm close to 6ft but I have my own list. Sth must give...one person doesn't have it all. He protects u physically... can u do the same financially or being subservient? U c!
like I said, compromise is the key. He protects physically, we both provide financially. I doubt he can push a human being from a small hole in his body so we won't be trading certain things.

And what is your definition of 'subservient'?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
freshness2020: every mallam with him own kettle whats good for me might not be for you. choose whats best for you in your own very way.
thank u
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by litetias(m): 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
One thing I have to say is settle for the one that loves you even if he is not perfect. If not OYO.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Godson201333(m): 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nigerian girls are all gold diggers,They always always demanding and I don't know why...

Safari could you please answer my question ?
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
jennylove7575: Op you are on point...many women in Nigeria these days can marry anything just to bear Mrs somebody..marriage is supposed to be a union of genuine companionship, compatability, working together, genuine love and friendship. Because of desperation due to societal and family pressure or self serving interests, many women in Nigeria ends up in loveless marriages of convenience... The kind of self consolation words you hear from such women is "I go dey manage the man. At least people see am say I dey man house and I go get my respect." Rubbish!..gross stupidity on the woman part and a life imprisonment of the body, soul and emotions...yes nobody in life is perfect, but as a single woman, never give up ur expectations in a man u would like to marry and settle for less. Its not a tic tac toh..marriage is a good thing if u marry right...no be by force.. It is very unhealthy to live a lie.. smiley
well said
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by chibwike(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: sorry, I'm not looking for a ring. You can take it and give it to who wants it.
these words might come back to hunt you.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by safarigirl(f): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
joshrare:

The world is a small place, you guys can create a meeting arrangement and get all these fantasies cleared.
#teampeacemaker
I always tell my NL haters that once they meet me, they'll like me a lot.

Contrary to what it may seem, I'm dar drom a staunch feminist. In fact, I criticise women more than I do men and most of my male friends think I'm odd for a female.

I once started a thread here to let women know that they're not all that and I got a lot of male support, now that the tables are turned, I've become a die-hard feminist
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Reference(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
The problem most ladies have is balance. Trying to strike the right one. They fear one end of the pendulum and rush towards the other, living disequilibrium lives. The other is timing. Doing the right things at the right time. Most wake up to life so so late. An early heavy emphasis on the body, then some brain matter in the middle. By the time they get to character development that creates societal integration its too late and so pressure mounts.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
Right on girl!
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: okay cool i get u, u are using 1 woman to determine how 3billion others think? Did she say that because she is unhappy in her own marriage or what?
I asked her was she not the one trying to head abroad...she said to me...don't mind her, she is engaged now. I offered her friend a deal but she wants me to be like my brother. Bro get cash...I'm not bragging. I'm trying to create my own niche...not basking under bro wealth.

Most women are born unhappy-Chris Rock even said it.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
HIV1: Most women nowadays can stop lying, it is inherent in them. shocked
and whats inherent in men, telling the truth? undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
free2ryhme:

we cant argue with you on this

you made some valid points and I commend your courage for standing up for the women folk.

whether you marry the man of your dreams or not it is none of our business and it will always stay that way .. the one thing I don't understand is that why do women keep going on about this issue and keep flogging it over and over again.

woman wey go marry go marry , (and what I refer to as marriage is the union btw a man and a woman not the perverse version we have today about gays and lesbians. ). you keep going about women who have issues in their marriage because they did not marry right but I don't see any reason why u cant sing the song of those that have married right .

there are men who married rightly as well as wrongly but we dont see them complaining and whining just like you women Haba!

let me states this clearly we don't care if you like marry /if you like don't . it was never our business and it will never be our business.
Sweetie?? Pls come take a hug!!
Them keep on talking of the ones in loveless marriages!! I just don't get it...are all marriages now loveless?
-or are the marriages around them loveless inclusive of their parents?
-why can't they ever use the 'lovefilled' marriages as example??
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mondisweets: doesn't sound like you were looking for a wife either though undecided
Don't mind 100cents that story never happened, he lied.
I couldn't help but report the virgin girl's story to the mods using the report button undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by drnoel: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

God bless you as you settle with the best smiley
Na wah 4 all these people who think na dem get message. Abeg speak about ya sef. All persons on their own.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by OsoDupe(f): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
ferdimako:
It can make them have the leverage to wait for their types forever.
and that bro is the OP's point

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

I Want To Break Up With My Fiancee But I Don't Know How To Do It / Why Do Guys Want To 'do' Before They Say 'I Do'? / My Fiancee Stopped Talking To Me Because She Needed A ₦‎3 Million Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.