Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less (34975 Views)

Things Ladies Should Stop Doing If They Don't Have Plans For A Guy / 21 Lies Nigerian Ladies And Guys tell One Another / Funny But True: 20 Commandments Ladies Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2014
ZUBY77: While you have some good points, you still mixed things up.

This whole thing has to do with the society you were born into.
Things change over time.

The same America you are trying to stamp as the good environment restricted women from voting.
But eventually relaxed the laws that restricted women from doing certain things.

Whether you like it or not, We have males and females on earth.
One is stronger than the other and when you are stronger (America) You decide for the weaker (Iraq, Libya etc).

In African context, a certain law made it that women doesn't get land allocations in their fathers place.
It was made so to encourage marriage.
If you decide not to get married, that's your business buy understand that you are not getting nothing from the Father.
You must either marry or make your own big money.
Even with your money, you are not allowed to have kids in your father's place.

So the marriage thing comes again.

When your desired man is not reachable, you can step down a little.
Yes, men do the same too.
I know thousands of men who wanted to marry Ini Edo but when it didn't work, they didn't go for Angelina Jolie, they stepped down.

So forget your biased opinion.

I have seen your posts where you argue with guys over football, it is something you have the right to do and must be encouraged but to tell your father that you want Brad Pitt or nobody else, then you must go out and look for Brad or don't come back because you can never be the only one who saw Brad on TV.

All in all, knowing when to cash in is important.
God blessed women in such a way that numerous men always come after them whether they are ugly or beautiful, it is left for the girls to be calculative and know when to cash in.

Stop dreaming, we live in a real world.

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 21, 2014
All these Nigerian gold diggers girls with nothing to offer a man be opening different thread churning out criteria's they need in a man, undecided

You must be this, you must be that, You must be tall as if they have ever created a human being, undecided undecidedoloshis

Keep putting down the not too able bodied guys with your useless criteria when you have absolutely nothing to offer.

You want a man of your dreams, a God fearing man, a tall man, a rich man, a considerate man, a tower and iroko besides you and all you have to offer is SEX, as in cheap SEX cheesy, you must be a dreamer. , please keep dreaming.

I feel for the guys wen dey fall for una trap cha, broke ass chicks setting criteria, you all need Jesus in your life as your Husbands, undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by laoludavid(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2014
Is like the op misunderstand the prevoius thread. She's nt saying you shld settle for the less, bt wen u wnt to chose a partner look beyond physical appearance cos physical appearance cannot take u anywhere bt ur potentials

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Amya(f): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2014
Fourwinds:
yeah. I hope d country will be better of wth majority being single parents like d way some celebrities are today. and their children will follow suit. then as a single parent be it male or female d liberty to bang around will surely be adequately guarantee. it is just a means of teaching our children how to leave a life when they not comfortable with d present pattern.....look onto. d USA.

Live for yourself. Some people love marriage (a lot even), let them get married. For those that don't, let them live their life. If someone does not love the idea behind being married and because society dictates it, ends up getting married, such person will live and die of misery and society will live on.

Do what you want (within the ambits of the law). And your life will be a meaningful and happy one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by AreaFada2: 11:16am On Sep 21, 2014
No one human being is less than the next. No Hitler thinz shocked

OP failed there woefully. Look for who you're compatible with.

God who created them did so for a purpose.

Stigma or no stigma, marriage is not by force.

From my experience years back, many ladies ain't even worth the trouble.

Lots of them these days are more unfaithful than men. Don't make it look like the girls are all wonderful innocent choirgirls but settling for a bunch of devils.

I met over ten babes, all had boyfriends but they wanted a diaspora guy too. I was like WTF!

Many of them expect a lot but have very little to offer. Yes they will get pregnant and bear kids but they can go and blame God for that. Men didn't make it that way.

The few good ones mostly end up with silly guys.

Women need to practice equal right that they preach. Contribute meaningfully (also economically) to your marriage/relationship so that you can have the voice to speak out.

He who pays the piper.............complete it.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2014
I like your thread. Very much

But there's a problem. The other thread you're yabbing isn't a xtupid thread. The message I got from that thread was for ladies to be more practical and less vain in the qualities they look out for in a partner.
That's a sound message from someone who had the experience.

Meanwhile your thread is cool. If only it wasn't antagonizing the other one.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by OsoDupe(f): 11:17am On Sep 21, 2014
hensben: who be this kid , so na so u see ur papa and ur mama dey do abi
wetin be my mama and papa own for this naw, shebi we dey explain equal rights to each other ni, d thing dey vex u? Abi why u dey act like a kid? Equal rights all the way

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by chucky234(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: oga, no be only me. Abi can you settle for less? After making up your mind that you must marry Genevieve, will you decide to marry Lepacious Bose because Genevieve is not available?
Lepacious Bose na plan B, if you no get plan B just know say na marriageless for you ooo.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Relationships , sex , marriages have been the new concern for nigerian youths .... smh. are there no better things to think of ...when you work on yourself to bring out the best in you , I dont think you will settle for anything lesser because you know what you deserve. seun, do something about ur business. check ur moderators. these topics are redundant.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Eddygourdo(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2014
My dear op. In life. We have theory and practise. Theoretically your on point but practically .its a no no. the unexplained concept of love , availabilty, time and chance produces most marriage unions not optimal mates. If u old enough or with good experience you would have noticed that many choices,you made thinking would give u optimal satisfaction always failed to live up. Similar to beautiful magazine pictures of tasteless food intended to decieve the gullible. Look at the mirror and u will see a person that can be accepted,ignored or rejected by anyone whose opinion is thus sought. The same ideology applies to everybody so I guess we just a bunch of imperfect peeps trying to get along. Take any man u attracted to and regard him a ground to sow your seeds for a good marriage. Its left for u to pray he is a fertile ground nor havent been sown and ripped by past unfortinate experiences. Search and u will find

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by OsoDupe(f): 11:22am On Sep 21, 2014
kilokeys:
i buy the fuel, u put on d gen
i pay junior's school fees, u pay Stephanie's
i pay the house rent, u pay the electr. &water bills
most importantly i ride grin u this week, u ride on me next week
yes o, u give me money for shopping, u appreciate it on me when I look good. u fuel my car, I ride it. grin
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by hensben(m): 11:22am On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: wetin be my mama and papa own for this naw, shebi we dey explain equal rights to each other ni, d thing dey vex u? Abi why u dey act like a kid? Equal rights all the way
yes! e dey vex me..woman! take ya time angry
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by bayulll01(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: I carry the kids in my belly, u wash their clothes when they are born, I cook the food, u fetch the water. I peel yam, u pound yam. I cook soup, u grind pepper. I go to market, u do d laundry and clean the house.My friends come over for tea, u go to football viewing centre, equal rights so simple, so sweet tongue

dupe u are wicked
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by mrham03(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

God bless you as you settle with the best smiley
great submission but not all that glistest is gold so sometimes we must accept the little we get.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by cococandy(f): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2014
Tell her
Kachisbarbie: The lady never said we should settle for less - I guess y'all misunderstood her...she meant, we shouldn't be blinded by physical looks, sometimes marriage goes beyond the physique...just marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday (and vice-versa)...that's just it
-Never settle for less - always settle for the best, but then we can't satisfactorily define less/best...no single human out there is less

I think the problem we have these days arises from poor comprehension...the lady used words like- Obsessed, Most...she wasn't in anyway speaking in an affirmative, even though her points came out harsh...It's all about choice - If you wanna wait for yo Lamar - Voila...don't forget that Lamar has his own 'required requirements' - I hope you meet them too.
That your 'Lamar' might be some other ladys' 'Kevin Hart'

... why is there so much pressure/focus on the female folks and their choices in life?...I just don't gerrit
-they say 'marriage' is overhyped, yet it is one topic that gets so much attention...let it slide pls

P.S : The fact that you called her post 'stupeed' is unprofessional and...I don't know what else to call it... undecided...we can't all be of the same school of thought - respect her own reasoning.
-If you have to counter her, go back to her post, read/understand it properly...then counter her.

how exactly, would you come online and call someones' husband a PLAN-B (What's even wrong in a PLAN-B, What's a Plan without PLAN-B?...nne sometimes PLAN-B done sure pass @ one pt in our lives), and an available that became desirable??
Jeez...I know this is a forum, but before you 'submit'...take a moment to review your choice of words...Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by walearoy(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2014
safarigirl: Being born into a society such as the Nigerian one connites certain things for a female.

From the day you can tell your right from your left, you're basically taught to be subservient to men. You're told that your place is in the kitchen and your brothers' place is in front of the television. Most of all, you're told that your only purpose in this world, is to fulfill the desires of some dude, serve him and bear his children. You are not to aspire for anything more and failure to live up to these expectations means failure as a person.

Well, this thread was inspired by a certain thread that was on FP today:

https://www.nairaland.com/1911041/why-nigerian-girls-should-not

Now, the stupidity of this thread is baffling. Basically, it's some lady telling females to settle for less. Telling us that we do not deserve the best and we shouldn't make any efforts to aspire for such because that would be foolhardy.

I honestly sympathise with her that she was unable to get the man of her desires, and eventually chose to settle for Plan B, who in fact was not what she desired, but as they say, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes desirable.

Time and again on Nairaland you find numerous chauvinists telling women basically that they have no opinion, telling us that we ought to dance skelewu because one of these rare species called 'men' looked upon us with pity and decided to marry us. And for those poor souls like Rita Dominic, Linda Ikeji and Genevieve Nnaji who are yet to be honored witha wedding ring? They should keep praying the rosary and hope they don't die 'marriageless'

Marriage is the be all and end all of a woman, therefore, she must settle for a raggamuffin if she hasn't found a gentleman at the ripe 'OLD' age of 27. Once you're through with University, your next bus stop should be a man's house.

Many women have ended up in loveless, frustrating marriages after settling for less, because all your friends got married after University doesn't mean you must marry at that time. Don't be the one whose story ends with 'Had I Known'

Feel free to live a little, keep your head on your shoulders, walk with your chin up, if you want your man to be as tall as Lebron James, don't settle for Tom Cruise, if you want him to be as charming as Antonio Banderas, don't settle for Al Pacino, if you want him to be as fit as CR7, don't settle for Mr. Ibu. If you must settle for less, let it be reasonable, don't go from a Lebron to a Kevin Hart because you're 'getting old and all your mates are married" no be who marry first dey happy pass.

Even the bible says "ask and it shall be given unto you" so if you tell God "I will manage..." He will bless you with a 'manageable' man.

God bless you as you settle with the best smiley

My pics says it all

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by kilokeys(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: yes o, u give me money for shopping, u appreciate it on me when I look good. u fuel my car, I ride it. grin

selfish... whats my gain? appreciation?

mtcheew.. talk better jare before i pm u
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by DBestDoc(f): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2014
Kachisbarbie: The lady never said we should settle for less - I guess y'all misunderstood her...she meant, we shouldn't be blinded by physical looks, sometimes marriage goes beyond the physique...just marry someone you wanna wake up to everyday (and vice-versa)...that's just it
-Never settle for less - always settle for the best, but then we can't satisfactorily define less/best...no single human out there is less

I think the problem we have these days arises from poor comprehension...the lady used words like- Obsessed, Most...she wasn't in anyway speaking in an affirmative, even though her points came out harsh...It's all about choice - If you wanna wait for yo Lamar - Voila...don't forget that Lamar has his own 'required requirements' - I hope you meet them too.

... why is there so much pressure/focus on the female folks and their choices in life?...I just don't gerrit
-they say 'marriage' is overhyped, yet it is one topic that gets so much attention...let it slide pls

P.S : The fact that you called her post 'stupeed' is unprofessional and...I don't know what else to call it... undecided...we can't all be of the same school of thought - respect her own reasoning.
-If you have to counter her, go back to her post, read/understand it properly...then counter her.

how exactly, would you come online and call someones' husband a PLAN-B (What's even wrong in a PLAN-B, What's a Plan without PLAN-B?...nne sometimes PLAN-B done sure pass @ one pt in our lives), and an available that became desirable??
Jeez...I know this is a forum, but before you 'submit'...take a moment to review your choice of words...Thanks

I love this girl, your intelligence is intriguing. kiss kiss
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2014
calebo101: All these Nigerian gold diggers girls with nothing to offer a man be opening different thread churning out criteria's they need in a man, undecided

You must be this, you must be that, You must be tall as if they have ever created a human being, undecided undecidedoloshis

Keep putting down the not too able bodied guys with your useless criteria when you have absolutely nothing to offer.

You want a man of your dreams, a God fearing man, a tall man, a rich man, a considerate man, a tower and iroko besides you and all you have to offer is SEX, as in cheap SEX cheesy, you must be a dreamer. , please keep dreaming.

I feel for the guys wen dey fall for una trap cha, broke ass chicks setting criteria, you all need Jesus in your life as your Husbands, undecided
I tell you ,A woman who has got something to offer a man will not have to check whether he is tall or this. she would have loads on her mind to make her world a better place. if michellle was waiting to meet a chubby man I dont think obama will be where he is today. any lady who thinks any man who approaches her is lesser would never have a happy marriage because the only way you can be a blessing to others is understanding there is no lesser being even as we are never equal. THE ONLY WAY TO MEASURE SUCCESS IS BY HOW MANY HAVE BEEN BLESSE BY YOU. There is more to life than the way some of us reason.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by chucs: 11:30am On Sep 21, 2014

This is one of the best writeup I'v read on this forum, it is full of intelligence! I respect you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by OsoDupe(f): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2014
bayulll01:

dupe u are wicked
lolz, I'm not wicked, that's just a little of what women do around d house, appreciate us for once.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by jomo01(m): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2014
The question of gender equality,is not a repulsive or myopic idea;in it true senses,but in practical term the blend of marital responsibility,career and coupled with other social impulses(parties,religious activities etc)create within a woman,high level of fatigue and dissatisfaction,hence the cultural bias,of a woman's place being within the forgotten corners of the kitchen comes in...#teamsuperwoman#.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by smsgold: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2014
okparaugo: I agree with 100cents as well as safari girl.

If she wants more in life , let her develop herself dependence and not rely on men for her upkeep.

But if her not settling for less means using and dumping men. I mean using men as a ladder to climb the social class while claiming to be in search of Mr. Right, let that ladder come crashing on her head.

Yeah, because I have seen it happen..
hmmm. I totally agree wit u, but i don't tink d curse is necessary.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by OsoDupe(f): 11:32am On Sep 21, 2014
hensben: yes! e dey vex me..woman! take ya time angry
if ur anger cannot boil water, abeeggiiii chill
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ModusOperandi(f): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Very stup1d thread. . Calling someone's husband a Plan B, seriously

So who exactly are the "Less" , short guys? SMH -_-

I'm sure your IQ isn't up to a score sad

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by siegfried99(m): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2014
Pls don't settle for less until you are 50 grin
By that time you'll say any " Man na Man"
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by ebosse(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2014

will you marry me pls wink

Back to post.... I'm 5'9 ( which is short right?) . 95% of all the ladies I had been with were taller than me.. In fact my (last) Ex is as tall as Elle MacPherson ... waaayback I learnt something important.. This >>>> subconsciously We all just want to be happy.. Forget all these talks about golden calves and Louis scarfs... Forget height,money and all the other LITTLE things .All kinds of girls/ladies/women/grannies will like (love) you if u can make them happy. Abi una never hear of girls wey use their magas money build house and open shop for their short-fat-ugly boyfriend b4?

Finally, there's absolutely nothing wrong with aiming higher. Every1 wants a meegan good or Eva mendes but they aren't the real deal , when u find that special one u just know.He may be as short as Kevin hart or fat as Monique but it would be stupid of you not to take a shot @ being happy.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by hensben(m): 11:38am On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: if ur anger cannot boil water, abeeggiiii chill
so, i am now bottle water that chill, isn't it? undecided angry
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by 100Cents: 11:40am On Sep 21, 2014
OsoDupe: Bro, u dey vex?let me just counter vex too, God punish all the sweet mouthed guys that promised ladies marriage and even go to the extent of introducing ladies to family members just to get down there and afterward dumping the ladies, all the ladies u have wrecked with ur sugarcoated mouth will haunt u and when u settle down, u will settle down with a woman that will show u hell.

lol...
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by chibwike(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2014
Dont have time for dis kind of threads. Coz it wont change any fact in the real world.
Re: Why Nigerian Ladies Should Never Settle For Less by Bergs(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2014
100Cents:

My brother, you just killed it.

You will see a lady, she will fall flat in love for you. you see another similar one, the same height, the same level of education, the same skin color, no difference, she will be acting Sharon stone.

Those self important ones will never find a man decent enough to be their husband, always looking for flaws to discredit the next guy, but she has siphoned his pocket by then.

One of their usual lines is, "you need to make me happy enough to show you how good I am". So my money needs to make you happy enough ? I pity gullible men.

Or you hear, " I don't want to marry and start suffering ". Okay, so marriage is suffering ? Now tell me how will she see anything good in a man if his pocket is not overloaded ?

See their usual whatsapp status, " Do not lower your standards ", which standards Abeg when you cannot feed well ? " If he walks out of your life, call him back and give him transport fare to make it faster ". showing a use and dump attitude and lack of human feeling. " It is better to cry inside a Mercedes than inside a keke napep ".. Her father has no motorcycle o.

See as thunder go fire her head..

guy to God u are intelligently articulated....... God bless u for me.....#nohomo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

I Want To Break Up With My Fiancee But I Don't Know How To Do It / Why Do Guys Want To 'do' Before They Say 'I Do'? / How Can You Tell If A Man Has A Big PenĂ¯s?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.