Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57533 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by kraftykc(m): 9:01am On Oct 19, 2014
I have prayed that this ticket comes to bear. I pray fervently as a Christian that I get to see this in my lifetime

11 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by PassingShot(m): 9:05am On Oct 19, 2014
As a matter of fact, anything short of Buhari/Fashola cannot guaranttee the presidency for APC.

Buhari/Fashola - 60/40

Buhari/Oshiomole - 50/50

Buhari/Amaechi - 40/60

Buhari/Anyone else - F9

Any other combination -F9

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

....and the Christians in Kaduna have been bearing the brunt of the Boko Haram insurgency...while the C-I-C looks the other side because of the politics of 2015.

The Chibok girls are predominantly Christians who have been embarrassed, ridiculed, maligned and treated as outcasts by GEJ....a fellow Christian..do you think such mothers and fathers that PEJ insulted in Aso rock will ever pray that GEJ returns?

The consolidating opinion in the north right now.....regardless of religion is that this govt have a hand in the insecurity in the north.

Present a muslim-Muslim ticket in 2015 and see whom they shall vote for.I wonder where you think GEJ got his northern votes from. You keep saying the votes of SS/SE are irrelevant. Buhari thought so too in 2011 and see where that landed him.

8 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 19, 2014
I am definitely ok with the Fashola being the VP candidate of Buhari. I initially was against a muslim/muslim ticket but now I realise Fashola is the greatest achiever in all the VP choices.

Up APC!

Up Progress!

43 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

Present a muslim-Muslim ticket in 2015 and see whom they shall vote for.I wonder where you think GEJ got his northern votes from. You keep saying the votes of SS/SE are irrelevant. Buhari thought so too in 2011 and see where that landed him.

You are one of those in the forefront of this nonsensical religion blackmail on this forum....what has this Christian/Muslim ticket done for you outside the fact that you profess the same religion with the president.....has it ever add a kobo to your pocket or landed you your dream job?

Keep deceiving yourself that the religion of you president guarantee your well being.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SW and NEVER in the SW.

SE/SS votes are already on locked down for GEJ.....so there is little APC will do to appease those two regions.....the North is weighing heavily for APC....the battle ground is the SW.....all you need is a person with good record of political office, and that is very popular to unlock the idle voters in the region to come out and vote....FASHOLA meets the criteria.

Just like most yorubas..I have Muslims and Christians in my own household...living amicably without rancour, so why should we allow foreign religion to determine who to vote for against competency.

Forget your bullshytee religions when it comes to SW....

See this hypocrite. Religion has no place in SW politics but all ACN gubernatorial candidates in the last election were Muslims, beat that? I guess there were no credible Christians in ACN.

You can only deceive the gullible and less informed.

13 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
I am definitely ok with the Fashola being the VP candidate of Buhari. I initially was against a muslim/muslim ticket but now I realise Fashola is the greatest achiever in all the VP choices.

Up APC!

Up Progress!

How about APC presenting Fashola as the Presidential candidate?

12 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

See this hypocrite. Religion has no place in SW politics but all ACN gubernatorial candidates in the last election were Muslims, beat that? I guess there were no credible Christians in ACN.

You can only deceive the gullible and less informed.

When PDP was governing Osun...Ogun...Ekiti....Ondo and Oyo under Christians governors and sometimes Christian deputies...did you see any yoruba person shouting this religion nonsense?

We know where this religion bullyshyee is coming from and those targeted against.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

How about APC presenting Fashola as the Presidential candidate?

When any only PDP present sambo as candidate.

8 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are one of those in the forefront of this nonsensical religion blackmail on this forum....what has this Christian/Muslim ticket done for you outside the fact that you profess the same religion with the president.....has it ever add a kobo to your pocket or landed you your dream job?

Keep deceiving yourself that the religion of you president guarantee your well being.
Is fashola any better than oshiomhole!!!! Oshiomhole even has more nationalistic appeal than fashola,I wonder why it must be fashola!!! It is either APC is Islamcentric or yorubacentric or both of them

15 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by iconize(m): 9:41am On Oct 19, 2014
What's wrong with this country and its people?

Out of a hundred and seventy million peeps, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead a nation of youths. angry

Are there no young vibrant politicians in Nigeria?

Why must it be the same old recycled sewage-inhaling thieves?

15 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

Is fashola any better than oshiomhole!!!! Oshiomhole even has more nationalistic appeal than fashola,I wonder why it must be fashola!!! It is either APC is Islamcentric or yorubacentric

You are not and can't be in position to choose who should be the VP as you've never liked the party. Allow the stakeholders of the party pick the one in their wisdom can help the cause of the party.

10 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2014
A Buhari/Fashola seems unbeatable; only slightly better than an Atiku/Fashola combo.

However, as the constitution requires a successful candidate to garner, at least, 25% of the vote in 24 states; will the APC candidate reach the threshold in the SE and SS, and all the NC states?
If the answer is no, and assuming the APC candidate has a majority of the vote, I see the election going into a run-off.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are not and can't be in position to choose who should be the VP as you've never liked the party. Allow the stakeholders of the party pick the one in their wisdom can help the cause of the party.

But I am in a position to chose who should be Nigeria's VP through my voters card

5 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by ba7man(m): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I read it somewhere that a religious bigot believes everyone around him is one too.

14 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

But I am in a position to chose who should be Nigeria's VP through my voters card

So vote your preferred candidate.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

When PDP was governing Osun...Ogun...Ekiti....Ondo and Oyo under Christians governors and sometimes Christian deputies...did you see any yoruba person shouting this religion nonsense?

We know where this religion bullyshyee is coming from and those targeted against.

Let me burst your bubble again,

So Rasheed Ladoja is a Christian?

5 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by experimentist: 9:49am On Oct 19, 2014
iconize:
What's wrong with this country and its people?

Out of a hundred and seventy million peeps, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead a nation of youths. angry

Are there no young vibrant politicians in Nigeria?

Why must it be the same old recycled sewage-inhaling thieves?

Go And Die!

12 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 19, 2014
ba7man:
I read it somewhere that a religious bigot believes everyone around him is one too.

My eldest brother is a Muslim...my eldest sister is a pastor married to another pastor..my cousins are Muslims and Christians...my nieces and nephews are Muslims and Christians and we all live in very perfect harmony visiting one another during different festive season.

That is a typical yoruba family....how then should such people use religion as criteria in electing those that should govern them? It makes no sense.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Let me burst your bubble again,

So Rasheed Ladoja is a Christian?

Alao Akala was a Muslim?

When Oyinlola and Obada..both Christians were governing Osun....was there any religion uproar as we are witnessing today.?

Please I don't like this kind of debate...it nauseates me and everything I stands for.....I relates with people based on their character and not the religion they profess.

Take this religion nonsense elsewhere please.

28 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by donphilopus: 9:53am On Oct 19, 2014
Buhari/Fashola ticket might send some people to their early grave. We all know that even if we field a Christian from the SE as our VP Candidate, the Igbos would still vote against APC. So, we shouldn't even try impressing any region by fielding the wrong person. As for the SS [Edo and Rivers to be precise], I'm very sure Rivers would like to play the religious card, but Edo?! No No No, we're as religious tolerant as the Yorubas in Edo [or Edo North].

However, I would like the SS to be compensated with the Senate Presidency, which would automatically make the slot go to a Christian from the SS. With all these, PDP is finished in Nigeria!

15 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by ba7man(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

My eldest brother is a Muslim...my eldest sister is a pastor married to another pastor..my cousins are Muslims and Christians...my nieces and nephews are Muslims and Christians and we all live in very perfect harmony visiting one another during different festive season.

That is a typical yoruba family....how then should such people use religion as criteria in electing those that should govern them? It makes no sense.
my grandfather is a Muslim, my grandma is a Jehovah's witness...and it goes on.

Let's get rid of GEJ and people like him will follow.

31 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by victorD3: 9:55am On Oct 19, 2014
As usual APC will keep winning online via Sahara reporter while PDP is making sure they win on ground as usual.

I hope Buhari has kept money to pay his lawyers that MUST contest the election in court after loosing yet again in 2015.

Well he said he loaned money to get his form ( lying old man)

9 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Sloan: 9:55am On Oct 19, 2014
I support it

5 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by victorD3: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2014
donphilopus:
Buhari/Fashola ticket might send some people to their early grave. We all know that even if we field a Christian from the SE as our VP Candidate, the Igbos would still vote against APC. So, we shouldn't even try impressing any region by fielding the wrong person. As for the SS [Edo and Rivers to be precise], I'm very sure Rivers would like to play the religious card, but Edo?! No No No, we're as religious tolerant as the Yorubas in Edo [or Edo North].

However, I would like the SS to be compensated with the Senate Presidency, which would automatically make the slot go to a Christian from the SS. With all these, PDP is finished in Nigeria!

As far as SE is concerned, they rarely vote for anyone in opposition at national level...they prefer going with any party in power...it's proven over and over time....it won't be different this time around.

12 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:02am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

Alao Akala was a Muslim?

When Oyinlola and Obada..both Christians were governing Osun....was there any religion uproar as we are witnessing today.?

Please I don't like this kind of debate...it nauseates me and everything I stands for.....I relates with people based on their character and not the religion they profess.

Take this religion nonsense elsewhere please.

APC is Nigeria's version of Muslim brotherhood. They will fail like their brothers in Egypt.

14 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by iconize(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2014
experimentist:
Go And Die!

Another sewage-inhaling zombie. angry

6 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by victorD3: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=ilugunboy post=27267425]

As far as SE is concerned, they rarely vote for anyone in opposition at national level...they prefer going with any party in power...it's proven over and over time....it won't be different this time around.[/quote

I can't remember SW voting for an opposition party at national level. Remember what happened in 2011.

I'm not from SE tho

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2014
CFCfan:
A Buhari/Fashola seems unbeatable; only slightly better than an Atiku/Fashola combo.

However, as the constitution requires a successful candidate to garner, at least, 25% of the vote in 24 states; will the APC candidate reach the threshold in the SE and SS, and all the NC states?
If the answer is no, and assuming the APC candidate has a majority of the vote, I see the election going into a run-off.

The proponents of this muslim-muslim ticket actually believe. Muslims are in the majority in Nigeria and can single handedly decide the president, there are in for a rude shock

11 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Desric(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SW and NEVER in the SW.

SE/SS votes are already on locked down for GEJ.....so there is little APC will do to appease those two regions.....the North is weighing heavily for APC....the battle ground is the SW.....all you need is a person with good record of political office, and that is very popular to unlock the idle voters in the region to come out and vote....FASHOLA meets the criteria.

Just like most yorubas..I have Muslims and Christians in my own household...living amicably without rancour, so why should we allow foreign religion to determine who to vote for against competency.

Forget your bullshytee religions when it comes to SW....
You are a very brilliant political analyst. SE/SS are somehow irrelevant to the success of the APC, the battle ground remains the SW as such a Fashola's VP candidature for the APC might just do the needed magic.

11 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

APC is Nigeria's version of Muslim brotherhood. They will fail like their brothers in Egypt.

Very stale.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigeria Recalls Ambassador To South Africa, Pulls Out Of World Economic Summit / Valentine: MC Oluomo To His 3 Wives, “I Will Never Make You Shed Tears" / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.