Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57429 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by ekolajossyadde(m): 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
If APC FIELD BUHARI AND FASHOLA AS THEIR CANDIDSTE. HERE IS F BEGINING OF D FALLING OF D MIGHTY. AS FOR ME ME AND MY FAMILY WE WIL VOTE D MAN THAT HAS HUMANS FEELING. JONATHAN TILL 2019. I LOVE MY PRESIDENT. UP GEJ UP PDP.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
Johnnyessence:
its just a mere rumour its will be buhari/ameachi ticket.
Buhari / Rochas will work ?
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by marcyemi(m): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Muslim - Muslim has nothing to do with this. So far they can take us there and recover the country from hand corrupt ones. Both of them have a good history. Let take the religious out of this.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by thickhabbey(m): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
I am a christian and will not hesitate to vote Buhari-Fashola comes next election cos change is all i want and not some religion sentiments

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
yemyem2:
Why do we have a lot of myopic people on this forum for God's sake!....Imagine what this one is saying !

You sound like one of their foot soldiers.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

It will not work with you and those sold on religion sentiment over the issue of ability to perform.....but it will work for millions of Nigerians that are not bother about Muslim/Christian Christian /Muslim Muslim/Muslim Christian/Chrisitan nonsense.

If paired, I assured you that many pastors in SW will campaign for the ticket inside their churches.
cheesy ..... Hmmmm !!
Nigeria is not yet America ooo lol .... All these bookish folks and Truest Christians/Muslims wouldn't even come out to vote but those who think ''muslim-muslim ticket will not work'' ...... Let's play it Nigerian way and win !!
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Pauljonnes(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
BRAV0O:
Apc should go ahead with any best candidate that suit the VP slot not all region in nigeria are religion fanatic like pdp portray to the media , most especially SW region , my dad is a muslim (alhaji precisely) even with that his wife (my mum) and all of his children are christians , as long as we serve one God , We SW pple see muslims and christians as one beside foreign doctrine for that matter!
are u saying s/w christians are Mumu's. that we don't have sense. abeg wake us. this is not M.K.O's time. come off it [color=#990000][/color] undecided Aregbesola made us realized we re not one family. come to think of it Mr. man. you think you family Christians will want to be govern by Sharia laws? I doubt it!

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by wwwkaycom(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
nwekesimon68:
You are nt a christian bt a stupid fool. Look if you have lost ur parents or any luv one tru bokoharam or sharia or religious riot in the north u will knw the implications of having muslim / muslim ticket. If it were ur parents dat sanusi ordered 4 their head some years back u wil nt say this trash. Or shud i pray 4 u to be a victim of this stupid religion called bokoharam islamic religiön. Check all the islamic nations around the globe and tel me any of them witout violence? Nonsense
Please Sir, can you also tell us the number of people that have been killed or maimed by Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and others? Are these guys not being protected by GEJ at the moment? BTW, what has GEJ done to his former chief of defence staff that was implicated in the sponsorship of BH? Is Ali Modu Sheriff not being protected by GEJ at the moment? Please Bro, GEJ knows more about BH than you think or know. Buhari/Fashola is the answer sir. If Fashola, a Muslim has not islamised his wife who remained a xtian till today, do you now think he will islamise Nigeria? Just sit down and imagine another 4 years of cluelessness in Nigeria. We must all collaborate to send this inept and corrupt govt packing if we want a better Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by passionate88: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
BRAV0O:
Apc should go ahead with any best candidate that suit the VP slot not all region in nigeria are religion fanatic like pdp portray to the media , most especially SW region , my dad is a muslim (alhaji precisely) even with that his wife (my mum) and all of his children are christians , as long as we serve one God , We SW pple see muslims and christians as one beside foreign doctrine for that matter!
@bolded, some might say your dad isn't a strong Muslim.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Waterway: 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
PassingShot:
As a matter of fact, anything short of Buhari/Fashola cannot guaranttee the presidency for APC.

Buhari/Fashola - 60/40

Buhari/Oshiomole - 50/50

Buhari/Amaechi - 40/60

Buhari/Anyone else - F9

Any other combination -F9

It's not an understatement to say that most Nigerians are tired of the present administration.
Come on! we have had enough!
- No power
- No job
- No peace
- No functional refinery e.t.c.
Yet, our politicians and oga at the top are stealing millions EVERYDAY.
We can't continue to tolerate all this nonsense.
Some people say that GEJ is not corrupt but he's only surrounded by corrupt people - That must be silliest thing I have heard so far. As far as I'm concerned, GEJ is one of the most corrupt leader to have ever ruled Nigeria after IBB. Yes!
South-south and south-east people are not truly also happy with the way GEJ is running this country. They are only being tolerant to him because, ( he is their son ) They will prefer him to continue ruling this way even though they are not happy with him.
The problem of this country is truly not religious.
Our problem is GREED!!!
We need to really be tolerant to each other.
Nigeria is a very diverse country with many religion and tribe.
Everyone needs to really respect each other. IT IS SENSELESS for anyone to want impose his believe on others in a country like Nigeria. e.g, imposing sharia law. That can never work in Nigeria, even in the north because, there are many Hausa and Fulani indigenes that are Christians.
Also, some youths are saying that they tired of all this old people ruling us...
The problem is not whether somebody is old or not. What I think we need is somebody who can do the job well whether old or young.
Haven't we tested some young people in the past? e.g (speaker of house of rep, aviation minister, e.t.c) what did we get at the end of the day?
An average Nigerian is frustrated with country and just looking for any opportunity to run out of the country for greener pasture or have a share in the "national cake". Just last week, a youth corper ran away with 2.3 million naira, money meant for 144 other corpers.
I don't think GEJ can move this country forward.
My choice for 2015 presidential candidates;
Note: I see this people as capable, tested and trusted. No APC. No PDP.
1. Buhari/Fashola - 2015.
2. Fashola/Donald Duke.
3. Kwankwaso/Donald Duke.
4. Buhari/Donald Duke.
5. Buhari/Oshiomole.
6. Fashola/Kwankwaso.
7. Fashola/Oshiomole

CREDENTIALS : RELIGION Vs MERITS Vs MEDIOCRITY -------WHICH WAY NIGERIANS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pairing of candidates --------
They have said it all !!! Nigerians at the door step of for a generational turn-around or the ABYSS !!!....... If other countries we so admire are built on merits/performance NOT religious bigotry then why not us. We have men & women in uniform working across all lines (tribal & religion) and they have not forced or sworn allegiance to any religion but rather to ONE nigeria. Religion currently is tearing apart our communities in the north and and killing us and wasting our most valuable resources ...
Let us celebrate our diversity, not use it to divide our country. There is strength in diversity, if harnessed in the right form, by the right people/leaders. We belong to a community of nations. Let us pick a leader to take ALL Nigerians -- Atheist, Tradionalist, Christian, Muslim, from North , South, East , West --- proudly take us to that community of nations and take our seat with pride on that table!!! Vote for your economic future, jobs, security and respect for rule of law...The only people benefitting from our resources today are most of our present leaders. Billions of naira misssing every year while we languish in this country .... They have spent 4, 6, 8 yrs in office and cannot make policies that can engineer this country back or close to the days of pride as a nation. Look at the value they place on our education.... students at home for mths without a federal policy to address the issue, fuel subsidy scam, pension scam and nobody in JAIL !!! Acting with impunity and granting themselves immunity... This is inexcusable and is an indictment of the current political brass !!! Find your recent graduating relatives ( the Future of our country) ask them : JOBS or religious sentiments which do they prefer..... Fellow Nigerians ask yourselves this question before you vote : will a job and economic security bring that religious tolerance enjoyed in other developed country We can only expect the same result ( corruption/joblessness/lawlessness/armed robbery/religious fanatics) by voting the same way (tribal & religious sentiment) Let us vote on record of candidates , not promises and NOT these polarizing sentiments !!!

9 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
Desric:
I thought the GEJians say there is no zoning anymore in our polity or is it a case hypocrisy?

Am not talking about zoning and talking about balance to any presidential candidate. Once election is over the VP is inconsequential.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
Adopt Buhari as presidential candidate – Christian group urges
EACH forth Nigeria , a Christian Non-Governmental Organisation, has thrown its weight behind the candidacy
of former Head of State and presidential aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC), General
Muhammadu Buhari(Rtd.).
It asked the leadership of the party to adopt him as its candidate for the 2015 presidential election.
National Chairman of the organisation, Rev. Yunana Oganto, said in a statement that events at the
declaration of intention by Buhari at the Eagle Square were clear indications of his acceptability across the
country.
He said: “It must be emphatically stated that the APC has no option in deciding who the presidential
candidate should be, as the issue is finally being settled by the Nigerian masses.”
He stated that the All Progressive Congress (APC) would need to collectively take a decisive and pragmatic
decision by adopting the proposal by the Nigerian masses, as represented in the General Muhammadu
Buhari’s candidacy.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
even d Christian group av endorsed d people's general forget ooooo GMB is winning great both in online and d society.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
Johnnyessence:
Adopt Buhari as presidential candidate – Christian group urges
EACH forth Nigeria , a Christian Non-Governmental Organisation, has thrown its weight behind the candidacy
of former Head of State and presidential aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC), General
Muhammadu Buhari(Rtd.).
It asked the leadership of the party to adopt him as its candidate for the 2015 presidential election.
National Chairman of the organisation, Rev. Yunana Oganto, said in a statement that events at the
declaration of intention by Buhari at the Eagle Square were clear indications of his acceptability across the
country.
He said: “It must be emphatically stated that the APC has no option in deciding who the presidential
candidate should be, as the issue is finally being settled by the Nigerian masses.”
He stated that the All Progressive Congress (APC) would need to collectively take a decisive and pragmatic
decision by adopting the proposal by the Nigerian masses, as represented in the General Muhammadu
Buhari’s candidacy.

I also think there is a northern youth group that say GEJ shold be brought back in 2015. They are all paid my dear

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Pauljonnes(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
wwwkaycom:
Please Sir, can you also tell us the number of people that have been killed or maimed by Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and others? Are these guys not being protected by GEJ at the moment? BTW, what has GEJ done to his former chief of defence staff that was implicated in the sponsorship of BH? Is Ali Modu Sheriff not being protected by GEJ at the moment? Please Bro, GEJ knows more about BH than you think or know. Buhari/Fashola is the answer sir. If Fashola, a Muslim has not islamised his wife who remained a xtian till today, do you now think he will islamise Nigeria? Just sit down and imagine another 4 years of cluelessness in Nigeria. We must all collaborate to send this inept and corrupt govt packing if we want a better Nigeria.
Mr. man were you in Nigeria at all? was Asari Dokubo fighting for religion purpose? is he not a Muslim? and who told you that fasola has one wife? if he has one wife , automatically the woman is a Muslim, she is just a political Christian to fool the insensitive Christians. so bro Don't talk a deficient reasoning person. OK! ask daddy about Nigerian history. you must be 10 years old.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Johnnyessence:
even d Christian group av endorsed d people's general forget ooooo GMB is winning great both in online and d society.

Ur delusion holds no bounds

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by paullo240: 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
na 4 inside hell they go rule. Abeg if u no wan to supper, make u no vote for that party whale they called themselve APC. I don deliver the king's message oo ;Dna 4 inside hell they go rule. Abeg if u no wan to supper, make u no vote for that party whale they called themselve APC. I don deliver the king's message oo
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:
Until you understand the major roles religion and tribal sentiments play in Nigeria's politics, you are still a newbie. Over 85% of Nigerian voters vote along these lines....... Don't be decieved that the 15% that care less due to enlightenement will decide the votes...No . Even your politicians know that. However, If they play their cards right, might be lucky in 2019.
.... God bless the skull protecting your brain .... The same poor strategy used by APC that made Fayemi lost election in Ekiti and Aketi to lose the one in Ondo which made one of my MENTOR to ask ''Does APC HAS STRATEGIST'' .......

Ilugunboy of all people should know Nigerians (Youth,Market women,Cow slaughterers,Jobless youths) on the street decides who win election while Nigerians in their home only collect voter's card for official reasons while they boycott election since Security is not Guaranteed !!

That is why we have hundred of thousands of margins and aggregately millions that will boycott election .... Majority of Civil Servants, Bankers, Enterprenuers, Engineers etc do not vote but are mere registered election card holders !

The PDP-led Government has dis-oriented the majority of street folks for their reasons thus the street brains is not yet at advanced level of thought due to poverty and ill-education thus Muslim-Muslim ticket will not win Presidential election .... Atleast say bye bye to SE/SS ... Half of NC/SW only left with core norths !!
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
fashola's wife is a faithful Christian she's an usher in redeem and fash do go to redeem holy ghost congress and convention. so forget oooo fashola's wife is a God fearing woman one d virtuous woman in redeem.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hensben(m): 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:
APC lacks the grassroot structure to win a presidential election irrespective of who they present.
what grass root structure does pdp have rather than thuggery, rigging since 1999...they forced themselves on us every election...me n my household are tired of them...they are destroying nigeria more..power must change hand...#FromNigeriaCitizen.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

See this hypocrite. Religion has no place in SW politics but all ACN gubernatorial candidates in the last election were Muslims, beat that? I guess there were no credible Christians in ACN.

You can only deceive the gullible and less informed.

If religion still determines your decisions about who is good or bad, u re d less informed one. As a Christian id gladly vote fashola. Pdp cant deceive d populace with religious propaganda anymore.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by PastorOla1: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Good Combination. The Winning Team. I will vote for them, what of you?

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Are the Islamic countries of the world more developed than the Christian countries? Are Niger, Mali, Mauritania more developed than. Nigeria and Ghana? Are the northern states better than the southern states in Nigeria? I'd rather live in a liberal christian society that supports corruption, than to live in a sharia society where my life will be at stake cos I'm a Christian.
I really cant argue , why dont you mention other african countries where majority are xtains and are way underdeveloped. you should compare nigeria to like of uae , saudi , kuwait, malaysia , south korea ... we started the same time plus have got almost same means of revenue ... so whats the point now ? cant you see religion is really killing the Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by obaede: 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SE and NEVER in the SW.

SE/SS votes are already on locked down for GEJ.....so there is little APC will do to appease those two regions.....the North is weighing heavily for APC....the battle ground is the SW.....all you need is a person with good record of political office, and that is very popular to unlock the idle voters in the region to come out and vote....FASHOLA meets the criteria.

Just like most yorubas..I have Muslims and Christians in my own household...living amicably without rancour, so why should we allow foreign religion to determine who to vote for against competency.

Forget your bullshytee religions when it comes to SW....
u make sense.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by sofat(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

Perhaps correct until Aregberascal showed up in Osun and started fuelling religious unrest with his school merger policy and other clueless antics.
A governor who cannot build more schools to ensure ALL our children are educated was playing religious pranks on us shocked
Very useless man indeed.
sharap maggot!

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
@doroxy fashola is not religious fanatic ummm.fash is a lawyer and a faithful man that need to be giving d opportunity 2019 when buhari ends his tenure in 2019.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
bossmini84:
Any enlightened christian would be wary of muslim-muslim ticket. Very wrong timing all you need do is watch DSTV and you know what I mean. Fashola while a performing govenor was seen as intolerant to the igbos buhari is the most religous president I have ever seen. Infact I was with a group of baptist bishops and many are not comfortable with a buhari as their candidate and these are yourba bishops.
if the yoruba bishops cannot condemn a corrupt president publicly , is there any reason to listen to their views .

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by PStacks(m): 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
Racism is Natural Disaster to Humanity But Religion is Man made disaster to Humanity..

Maybe Man didn't have the choice as to have been born White or Black.. But man Invented Religion.

Now They are Proposing Buhari-Fashola Ticket, some Religious bigots are already talking Muslim-muslim Ticket.

Yes Buhari is Muslim and yes, Fashola is Muslim, Yes I am Christian but I refuse to tie my VotÉ tÒ relÍgiÓu§ sentimentalities.

Buhari-Fashola is good for me.
Buhari-Amechi is equally good for me, But Placing Amechi over Fashola because of Religion is what kills this country..

I don't care your religion, provided you will put issues of National interest at heart..

I will not be swayed by Religion..
That said, in this 2015 elections, I will not be swayed by Tribe.. I love Buhari weda he's Hausa Igbo or Yoruba....

Until Religious, Tribal and ethnic rivalries don't come into National Discuss During Electioneering in Nigeria, No meaningful progress can ever be made..

Have said that.. The only other alternative is to have the country break up into its constituent units..

Just this morning I was reading an article that showed the Igbos were still very Much interested in the Biafra Republic.. I read on igbo woman's comment that said "We want Biafra, Death to Nigeria"..
Imagine that!!!

If the igbo's wan Biafra and the Arewa Walls has never been Bridged since inception of the Arewa Kingdom.. The Oduduwa people has also been formidable in their own might..

If the 3 kingdoms coming together doesn't make us stronger, then we shouldn't allow it to kill us..

Population is power in other part of the world, but population doesn't translate to Power in Nigeria because the Population don't speak one Language...

Little wonder in the Bible when they wanted to build a Tower to see god! God realised they had one language and just tot to himself, "I'm God, Alpha and Omega" these peps wan see me, its simple, I'l just make them speak different languages..

U c, we are a powerful Nation that can see God, but God doesn't want us to see him as a Nation, that's why we speak different language..

For Nigerians to see God, they "MUST" speak in one voice and in one language..

On this note, I throw the question..

Can Nigeria ever be better?

Stop being patriotic or stop being Optimistic.. Be Realistic...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
Abegi is the bishop going out to vote nooo.is this not d bishop that's anointing a Christian man to run for Presidential candidates from epe constituency ummm ambode is a Christian and his running for governorship seat.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by wwwkaycom(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
TplenT:
. Oga wake up..!!.. Are you talking about the same way Babangida Aliyu delivered Niger in 2011,or how Sokoto and Kaduna voted Buhari despite Voting PDP in governorship elections.Do you even know that Jonathan was heavily massacred by Kano votes despite the fact that they voted PDP(kwankwaso) in gubernatorial elections ?.Right now,sentiments are clearly heavily against Jonathan up north(most especially in areas affected by Boko haram- which Adamawa happens to be one).Next year election might just end up to be like the '93 election where Tofa won in the SE and SS and Abiola won heavily in other parts of the country. Northern votes are only guaranteed for Jonathan in Benue,Plateau and Taraba states. Interesting times lies ahead..!!!
Which Benue Sir? You mean the Benue that have been retrogressively taken backward by PD P's Suswan Gabriel? GEJ will manage to have 40% in Taraba and win convincingly in Plateau but remember that whatever he gained in Taraba and Adamawa he will vomit in his own zone especially in Rivers and Edo States? Forget it Bro, GEJ is a goner!
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by miqos02(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:
APC lacks the grassroot structure to win a presidential election irrespective of who they present.
You are right
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

Buhari cannever score more than 5% in imo even if he runs with okorocha!!! He can't get more than 10% in RIvers and edo.

Furthermore a muslim-muslim ticket will never win in taraba,nassarawa,kogi,benue,plateau,southern kadunna

Watch!! Taraba nassarawa kogi kaduna is gonna be won by APC. Nigerians are going beyond judging based on religion. We have suffered much due to sentiments. Your abilities over ur religion. Screw religion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

What Soldiers? Reporter Snaps Photos Of Tinubu's Front Gate, Surroundings / APC Members "Flogged" Out Of Port-Harcourt During Massive Rally. Photos / BREAKING: Buhari Won Niger In A Landslide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.