Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57447 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by agabusta: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
CFCfan:
A Buhari/Fashola seems unbeatable; only slightly better than an Atiku/Fashola combo.

However, as the constitution requires a successful candidate to garner, at least, 25% of the vote in 24 states; will the APC candidate reach the threshold in the SE and SS, and all the NC states?
If the answer is no, and assuming the APC candidate has a majority of the vote, I see the election going into a run-off.

Buhari will gather the needed 25% easily in the 18 Northern states, the 6 SW states, the FCT and Edo. He 'may' also get it in Imo & Rivers.

Excluding Imo & Rivers which is 'may'....that means he easily can get the needed 25% in 26 states.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by RebelLeader15(m): 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
olatiler:

Pls stop calling Boko Haram Northern Agenda its PDP and Gej Agenda and it glaring except u are blind even ur uncle Bling Bling CAN Pastor was one of Boko Haram Architects mumu ppl
Another certified lunatic from yaba left

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Omadachi(m): 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
This will be a good combination and i will give my vote.Am a committed christian and have no issue with it.We must put sentiment and religious believe aside to move this country forward.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
nduchucks:
The only crime Fashola seems to have committed is being a Muslim according to many bigots on NL. Many Nigerians do not care whether Fashola is Hindu, Atheist, or Traditionalist - they simply appreciate his performance.

Insha Allah, Buhari will rule for 4 years and hand over a clean, less corrupt administration to younger candidates like El-Rufai, Fashola, Amaechi, El-Rufai, or even our esteemed Emir, Sanusi.

SMH @ the NL religious bigots

I can assure there would be no nigeria if that happens

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
bossmini84:
In all honesty I think tinubu wants buhari to fail, ever since the meeting with OBJ we're david mark was present. I had been suspecting tinubu. Cos he knows he can neva control a buhari. And to all those who feel yourbas do not vote along religous lines wait for the shocker. If APC is wise they should start winning the heart of the igbos for 2019.
Go and sit down with your contradictions just like PDP.

Did this one read what he wrote?

Another reason to vote out Jonathan. Mtcheeew
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
drstan:
oh! So you have not heard about the islamic agenda to islamize nigeria? I peety any christian that wil help them to establish the agenda by voting APC in, check al the post of offices in apc al of them allocated to muslims why? Brother think.google the islamic agenda of nigeria and abuja declaration of 1998 on how they pay the islamic organisation of africa $120billion for nigeria to be among the islamic countries in africa, do you know how many times muslim, sharia, mosque appear in our constitution? And no church or christian in it, do you know turkey was 99% christian before? But islamic agenda uproated it, now christian there are just 0.023% and if you think it will not be possible in nigeria you must be mistaken, christianity in turkey was about +1000 years and it was uproated talk less of nigeria, you know we christian can not carry gun,or bomb, there is a revelation that if the church fail to take it stand in 30yr time nigeria will be like turkey, there aim is to islamize africa if they succeed in nigeria the rest africa country will be easy.so let be wise like the serpent and harmless like a dove by using wisdom as the bible said.
is it not better to be islamised and see development come to Nigeria ... what is the fate of xtainity when it obviously supports corruption.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by GOODNESS2020: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
This will not work at all
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by jhydosky(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
Buhari/Fashola Ticket is my ideal ticket.
Fashola harldy comes across as a Muslim.

Are we saying we voted for GEJ primarily beacuse he is a christian??
For me. That was not my main reason and believe same applies to so many others.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
RebelLeader15:
Another certified lunatic from yaba left
We know you're writing from there.
You forgot to take your drugs again?!
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by veraponpo(m): 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SE and NEVER in the SW.

SE/SS votes are already on locked down for GEJ.....so there is little APC will do to appease those two regions.....the North is weighing heavily for APC....the battle ground is the SW.....all you need is a person with good record of political office, and that is very popular to unlock the idle voters in the region to come out and vote....FASHOLA meets the criteria.

Just like most yorubas..I have Muslims and Christians in my own household...living amicably without rancour, so why should we allow foreign religion to determine who to vote for against competency.

Forget your bullshytee religions when it comes to SW....

God will bless you. I will campaign form this tickect in our church .

Igbos and ijaws are already hell-bent on Jonathan.
Theory of Economic Cost advantage comes to mind. Concentrate on your area of strength.

North West, North East and South West can help APC. Part of South South like Edo and Rivers will he shared. Part of North central like Benue, Kwara and Nasarawa will also be shared.

With Buhari- Fashola

Success is possible.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
nwekesimon68:
You are nt a christian bt a stupid fool. Look if you have lost ur parents or any luv one tru bokoharam or sharia or religious riot in the north u will knw the implications of having muslim / muslim ticket. If it were ur parents dat sanusi ordered 4 their head some years back u wil nt say this trash. Or shud i pray 4 u to be a victim of this stupid religion called bokoharam islamic religiön. Check all the islamic nations around the globe and tel me any of them witout violence? Nonsense
the shootings in america et all ... please boko haram did not thrive under an islamic president . it was under or dear GEJ.,who did nothinfg but to send condolence messages.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by ratiken(m): 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:

The same grassroots structure it lacked when Buhari garnered 12milion votes on a party platform that was barely six months old and the lack of structure that saw Fashola returned for a second term triumphantly.

Spare me nonsense abeg.

He will get his 12million votes again. Remember PDP gathered 22million votes...... you think Buhari have swayed 10million votes to his side in 4yrs.

He has actually lost 2mil from his 12mil with his violence inciting, dog and baboon utterances.

Let me shock you a bit: Tinubu will never allow a Buhari win a presidency on his party platform cos if he wins by chance, he would have lost the party structure to the general. Tinubu is only interested in consolidating his gains in the SW. BUHARI CAN NEVER FLAG APC'S PRESIDENTIAL FLAG.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by zizytd(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
This is the best combination for APC. Make dem no Jones, all dis pple saying when it happens that Nigeria will turn to a sharia country, when IBB, abacha and abubakar ruled us, did the country change to a sharia state? even though they were in the military that can force law on pple.

7 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Flowers: 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Bhuddist/ hinduist or hari krishna/guru maharajians anyone should be paired. All we need is someone to deliver. We should move away from this religious and ethnicity bouhaha if we want to grow as a nation. In China is their a christian president or in Dubai? Wake up from your slumber people.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Any enlightened christian would be wary of muslim-muslim ticket. Very wrong timing all you need do is watch DSTV and you know what I mean. Fashola while a performing govenor was seen as intolerant to the igbos buhari is the most religous president I have ever seen. Infact I was with a group of baptist bishops and many are not comfortable with a buhari as their candidate and these are yourba bishops.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Etruth:
Bros, na wa 4 u oooo. What do u take us for? Illiterates? E go surprise you. A b'um onye igbo and I live in the Niger Delta. A born again Christian too. I have lived most of my life in d SS/SE region yet I'm totally in for the knock-out combo of Buhari/Fashola. No dey deceive ppl wit d religious ish. E no go work. Competence over Cluelessness. #Sai Buhari/Fashola 2015
U r a born again Christian, and believe there is no problem with Muslim/Muslim ticket? Kai! Where is your spiritual alertness? Are you so deadened spiritually? Are you still unaware that the OIC has given Nigerian muslims mandate to take over Nigeria? If President and VP are muslims, then majority of the ministers handling sensitive positions wud be muslims. Most, if not all special assistants and advisers will be muslims. As majority of top persons in APC are currently muslims, a time will come when it will be hard to get appointments, contracts, placements if you are not a muslim. Gradually, they will start mounting opposition to Christian events and activities.
Buhari is a religious bigot. The best he can have for a VP should be a christian.
Lemme ask you: do you think Nigerian muslims will accept a Christian/Christian ticket, even if they are both angels?
Bible encourages us to be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves. Let us have understanding of the times we're in, and be aware the devil wants to overwhelm the church. We should not give him any room.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by dastranger(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pataki:
As a certified born-again Christian, I will joyfully vote for Buhari/Fashola partnership for 2015.

I am motivated for change and not religious sentiments.

I don't usually quote pple. but if I do, it's for a reason.. God bless you a million times

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by MikeMoses(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Oya na, we are waiting for them O! Let them bring a muslim/muslim ticket let see that allah that will make them win! If the south west don't give a dam about religion, Why then are the christians in lagos agitating that the nxt governor of lagos must be a christian? Some people comment as if they are born n brought up in the moon. Una never see any thing wallahi!

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by iheneme(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
That doesn't sound smart to me, and I'm sure nothing of the sort is in the offing. But I wish it happens because it will further widen our winning margin #TeamGEJ2015.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Flowers:
Bhuddist/ hinduist or hari krishna/guru maharajians anyone should be paired. All we need is someone to deliver. We should move away from this religious and ethnicity bouhaha if we want to grow as a nation. In China is their a christian president or in Dubai? Wake up from your slumber people.

Speak for ur self
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by doffman: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
madamoringo:
I marvel at the way Nigerians are easily carried away with PDP hoodwinking them with all kinds of fear-mongering, falsehoods rather than showing their achievements in the past 16 years of failure. One of the most annoying is religion. I am a christian and have no problems or qualms with a muslim-muslim president so far as the candidates are not corrupt bastards like GEJ and dullards Sambo (Christian-Muslim). Jonathan is the personification and definition of corruption, Nigeria needs a leader that will stop the bleeding: CORRUPTION! Nigeria needs a Vice President that is visible and working for his salary, not the non-existent Sambo.

IBB-Aikhomu - Failure and killers
Abacha-Diya : Failure and killers
OBJ-Atiku - not particularly successful but corruption was drastically killed and reduced and economy and foreign policy very positive
Yaradua-GEJ - Mega failure presidency
GEJ-Sambo - Corrupt and mega failure presidency

PDP is afraid of a Buhari-Fashola presidency, unable to criticize it for any issue on corruption, performance, proven track records of performance; it points out it is a muslim-muslim ticket! Is that what leadership of a country at the highest level is all about? Nigeria is a secular state, religion is a personal thing for you, in your home and house. No matter how religious a president is, he will never be able to impose any views on the country because laws must be passed by the Legislature only and even if a president introduces a bill, it will have to be debated and voted on by the Legislature made up of representatives from all parts of Nigeria.

Why doesn't PDP government of the corrupt president GEJ, now one of the richest presidents in the world after 4 years with an official salary less than $ 1 M per annum (Obama $ 400,000) tell us why power is still an abysmal < 4,000 MW, Corruption has Molested and Molesting the country, $ 20 B missing, petrol at N 97 but subsidy is still being paid in the hundreds of billions, under his watch BH killed tens of thousands, yet no conviction of the same people he said are in his government who are sponsoring BH, $ 15 M seized in SA, the refineries are still not working, the roads are a disaster. This is the only thing Nigeria needs to know and learn about. If you have failed in 7 years as president and VP, you should never expect to go and campaign in any state without being stoned to death, you and your TANOIDS!
May God bless you and your entire generation.
This is the kind of nigerian I like soo much.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by akatekpe(m): 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
1stola:

Pls stfu if you don't have any reasonable thing to say.
pls give us example of any vibrant youth you know.
APC( Fashola, Amechi, Adams Oshiomole, Dan Onje, Rochas Okorocha,) PDP (GEJ,Labaran Maku, Aminu Tanbuwa) and yourself representing NRMP( Nairaland Running Mouth Party# grin
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by duni04(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Nigeria can seriously do better than a 71yr old retired general whose last administrative job was as chairman of the PTF, like 15yrs ago! There are younger and more intelligent people within the ranks of the APC. What's wrong with Fashola or Amaechi or El-rufai?
I remember watching Buhari on BBC's hard talk. He was very empty and vague on the issues and was going on vaguely about corruption and employment. I respect the guy and i respect what he did for Nigeria like 30years ago, but we need young, able and forward looking leaders to govern us, not someone who believes that the naira trading at 167 to the dollar is a sign that the economy is bad. The APC can do better than Buhari, his time has passed.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by shegsrules(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Just some Nigerians and their mentality the yoruba Muslims have no problem at all. Am a product of one Nigeria, my dad a yoruba Muslim and my mum ibo Christian and deaconess and we the kids all Christians. You all need to c hw we and our relatives all leave in peace.
Buhari / Fashola is a good combo I must say.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
zizytd:
This is the best combination for APC. Make dem no Jones, all dis pple saying when it happens that Nigeria will turn to a sharia country, when IBB, abacha and abubakar ruled us, did the country change to a sharia state? even though they were in the military that can force law on pple.

Why did the same igbo ppl voted for yar'adua buhari can neva be trusted.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by crusader01(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Bleep religion!!! My vote for Buhari/Fashola. I'm a christian and my wife is a muslim.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by slimmingcare(f): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
A perfect combination. This would silence others
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by micday81(m): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=vigasimple post=27272686]The challenge for APC is that for people who are not naive politically will know that , the party is a joke trying to hoodwink the people just to gain power.

2 quick questions

1. Why Bhuari on top of the ticket and NOT Fashola ( who is younger and I dare say more smarter and intelligent than the Fulani born to rule master, Bhuari)

2. Would the North accept a Christian/Christian ticket.

APC is just a platform for the North to get their 'loaned' power back.

if APC genuinely want to win power, they should by now have a very very superior programme than PDP and they can also have a solid presidential candidate from SOUTH SOUTH.

A 10year old can see the elephant in the room APC are hoping Nigerians don't see.

The North has spent the last 4 years using Boko haram to cause mayhem in the country and make it ungovernable for GEJ and they want the South to support a man who started the incitement of religious terrorist over Nigeria.

What does a 70yrs want to offer Nigeria that he cannot encourage and persuade a younger person to do.

Would Nigeria not function anymore when Bhuari goes to his maker?

You spoke well !

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by pendy79: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees the return of Nigeria to exponential growth!

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees extermination of Boko Haram that seems to be a force above our military!

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that corruption will be nipped to its lowest ebb.

If the Supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that they won't be sacred toes that can't be stepped on.

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees the end of impunity!

If the supposed Islamic Agenda guarantees that our battered public image amongst comity of Nations will be laundered!

An Islamic Agenda that ensure Ifeanyi Ubah and thieves like him who ripoff the country through various subsidy scam are brought to book rather than pardoned to use the stolen money to coordinate TAN rallies and adverts.

An Islamic Agenda that bring thieves like Jimoh Ibrahim who bought our National heritage as cheap assets yet can't manage it to justice.

An Islamic Agenda that make sure proven corrupt cases and corrupt officials pays for their acts not the one that pardons and let go billion of dollars for Mohammed Abacha and his family cos of political gain, drop corruption charges against Fani Kayode cos he decamped, sees no reason why Stella oduah should be charged, celebrates odili and his perpetual restraining order and the pension scam rogues and many others!

An Islamic Agenda that turn around the economy and ensure that the Naira regain its value as experienced btw 1983-1985 when it sold at 1.50$ to 1N despite crude being sold at around 9$ per barrel not the present valueless currency we have with crude sold above 85$/barrel now.

An Islamic Agenda that oversaw the building of 2 refineries in 3years btw 1976-1979 yet a non Islamic agenda can't provide a single one nor effectively manage the existing ones in 15 years despite the huge income from crude sales.

An Islamic Agenda that turned Lagos from slum to the present state of commendations from the EU, world bank and IMF and equally have fitch rating of AA+ for its bonds same rating as the USA!

If The Islamic Agenda with an Islamic leader ensure that 20,000 people leave their poverty and erosion stricken.states to run to a state run by a Muslim.on.a daily.basis then.the non Islamic agenda leaders should hide their face in shame.

I can go on and on. Who cares what name you.call.your God jyst deliver the dividend of democracy and meet the aspirations of people and let prosperity be the judge.

12 years out of the last 15years christians rule and are ruling this country, did the Muslims cry about a Crusader Agenda or is poverty, insecurity, umemployment, inflation, infrastructure collapse and national disgrace selective of Religion or ethnic bias.

We've had Abacha,IBB, OBJ and GEJ didn't they profess one religion or the other? Is the country better for it?

I will stick to individuals with proven track record irrespective of which ever religion he practises. Who care even if he worship SANGO? As long he can save the country from the abyss of destruction the PDP represents

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by maximilano: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Even Buhari & Obama still won't mk dem win.
Reason being that the opposition has refused to field a change that truly represents the Change dy profess they want.
For heavens sake what kind of change do u want to achieve with the likes of Buhari, Atiku or Tinubu.
APC will never win d presidential election if they don't present a candidate wt new and fresh ideas not a recycled mind. they leaving d electorate with no other option Dan to vote Jona because there's no beta alternative.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by 1stola: 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:
the religious nonsense wasnt there before, we were almost forgeting the method USman anfodio used to bring islam to nigeria until ISIS ,AL SHABAB and BOKO HARAM reminded us again and what the ultimate goal of every true moslem is which is "ISLAMISE THE INFIDELS OR KILL THEM ALL" (true christians have a similar agenda of christianizing the world but not with violence and wanton killing but PREACHING LOVE, the gospel of christ).
as we are debating this issues on the internet BH is currently BURNING CHURCHES AND BEHEADING YOBE CHRISTIANS (news kept under wraps by govt to avoid an uproar ).
so the people are wary of MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET for fear of their lives and that of their loved ones.
BETTER A CORRUPT NIGERIA THAN ONE WERE YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN!
Only Gullible Christians will believe you.
Fashola's wife is a Christian. Will he kill his wife?
I'm my family, we have both Christians and Muslims and we love each other.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
majekdom2:
is it not better to be islamised and see development come to Nigeria ... what is the fate of xtainity when it obviously supports corruption.
Are the Islamic countries of the world more developed than the Christian countries? Are Niger, Mali, Mauritania more developed than. Nigeria and Ghana? Are the northern states better than the southern states in Nigeria? I'd rather live in a liberal christian society that supports corruption, than to live in a sharia society where my life will be at stake cos I'm a Christian.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

President Buhari Dissolves NNPC Board Of Directors - NTA / Pictures Of Political Thugs Arrested In Rivers By The Military. / Atiku's Ex-Classmate Now Works In His Factory (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.