Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57435 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by sokera: 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SE and NEVER in the SW.

SE/SS votes are already on locked down for GEJ.....so there is little APC will do to appease those two regions.....the North is weighing heavily for APC....the battle ground is the SW.....all you need is a person with good record of political office, and that is very popular to unlock the idle voters in the region to come out and vote....FASHOLA meets the criteria.

Just like most yorubas..I have Muslims and Christians in my own household...living amicably without rancour, so why should we allow foreign religion to determine who to vote for against competency.

Forget your bullshytee religions when it comes to SW....
you are simply brilliant, God bless you more ...

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by dastranger(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

APC is Nigeria's version of Muslim brotherhood. They will fail like their brothers in Egypt.

I bet you reason just like some religious bigots

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
What would realy surprise me is if fashola himself agrees to be a VP he should know beta that a VP is just mere post of no consequential weight. Come to think of it I have forgotten the VP of lagos.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Mavrick2012: 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intolerance resides are in the North and SS/SE and NEVER in the SW.

SE/SS votes are already on locked down for GEJ.....so there is little APC will do to appease those two regions.....the North is weighing heavily for APC....the battle ground is the SW.....all you need is a person with good record of political office, and that is very popular to unlock the idle voters in the region to come out and vote....FASHOLA meets the criteria.

Just like most yorubas..I have Muslims and Christians in my own household...living amicably without rancour, so why should we allow foreign religion to determine who to vote for against competency.

Forget your bullshytee religions when it comes to SW....
naive dude,i was born in this your "north".
you are the type that see the north as the land of hausa/muslim,forgeting it houses the largest(almost x3)number of languages in nigeria.
pls check 2011 voting patern
LOL
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
hugoart:
Go and sit down with your contradictions just like PDP.

Did this one read what he wrote?

Another reason to vote out Jonathan. Mtcheeew

Fool i know u can't comprehend.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by micday81(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=ILIDEFI post=27273419]
U r a born again Christian, and believe there is no problem with Muslim/Muslim ticket? Kai! Where is your spiritual alertness? Are you so deadened spiritually? Are you still unaware that the OIC has given Nigerian muslims mandate to take over Nigeria? If President and VP are muslims, then majority of the ministers handling sensitive positions wud be muslims. Most, if not all special assistants and advisers will be muslims. As majority of top persons in APC are currently muslims, a time will come when it will be hard to get appointments, contracts, placements if you are not a muslim. Gradually, they will start mounting opposition to Christian events and activities.
Buhari is a religious bigot. The best he can have for a VP should be a christian.
Lemme ask you: do you think Nigerian muslims will accept a Christian/Christian ticket, even if they are both angels?
Bible encourages us to be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves. Let us have understanding of the times we're in, and be aware the devil wants to overwhelm the church. We should not give him any room.
You also spoke well !

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Desric(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
victorD3:

It depends on your definition of briliance and your level of briliancy too. PDP has two SW states and as far as am concern Edo and a big chunk of Lagos will fall to PDP, so now decide for yourself if fielding a westerner will make such a significant impact.
Lagos state the last time I checked was a stronghold of the ACN in 2011 when a GEJ won there landslide, SW are somewhat more specific and united in their actions compare to the SE especially. Therefore a Fash VP might spur them to support their own massively unlike the SS and SE where no matter who you present, as long as it is not the ruling party, that person is going to fail there.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by micday81(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=micday81 post=27273669][/quote]
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by olutunde12(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=dunkem21 post=27264787]Like I said before, they want to sample our opinions and revert to their paymasters.

I will not comment till they present a muslim/muslim ticket; Then I will ask a million and one questions.

Till then.

Thanks jare. Me i am not concerned. All these their drama, i fore saw it a long time ago. Out of the govs they mentioned, there are 2 each from both religions. So what is? Since they will kuku fail tele, let them do what ever they want.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Desric(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
bossmini84:
What would realy surprise me is if fashola himself agrees to be a VP he should know beta that a VP is just mere post of no consequential weight. Come to think of it I have forgotten the VP of lagos.
But it's still through this same "mere post of no consequential weight" that the incumbent President rode on to be where he is now that he doesn't want to leave; again if truly your assertion is true, what's then this heavy hype about where the VP should come from or his religion?

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Asoozy: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Are the Islamic countries of the world more developed than the Christian countries? Are Niger, Mali, Mauritania more developed than. Nigeria and Ghana? Are the northern states better than the southern states in Nigeria? I'd rather live in a liberal christian society that supports corruption, than to live in a sharia society where my life will be at stake cos I'm a Christian.

Is your life not at stake now under a Christian president?

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by yetunsbay(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
Daguccizgreat:
You are a born again christian and you support an extremist like buhari. You ar not being realistic wit your self bc you sound not like a true christian which u claim.
bro u cnt judge book by its cover besides only God knws who is worshipping HIM therefore support objectivity,good governance...
Tell me d essence of leader without providing security for his followers at the same time nt curbing corrupn.
#Votewisely

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Desric:
But it's still through this same "mere post of no consequential weight" that the incumbent President rode on to be where he is now that he doesn't want to leave; again if truly your assertion is true, what's then this heavy hype about where the VP should come from or his religion?

Was the GEJ consequential bfor the demise of yar'adua xpect ur wishing for the demise of GMB
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by PStacks(m): 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
In as much as I love Fashola, I also love Rotimi Amechi, altho I hate Religion..

Fashola or Amechi.. Any of them is ok with me..

I will not decend so low to talk of Religion over Sacred National Progress.

Religion is truly a cancerworm

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
undecided
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
Anđ you have suddenly forgotten Adeayo Alao Akala..you this religon bigot !
Sunnybobo3:

Let me burst your bubble again,

So Rasheed Ladoja is a Christian?

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by adisa009(m): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
drstan:
oh! So you have not heard about the islamic agenda to islamize nigeria? I peety any christian that wil help them to establish the agenda by voting APC in, check al the post of offices in apc al of them allocated to muslims why? Brother think.google the islamic agenda of nigeria and abuja declaration of 1998 on how they pay the islamic organisation of africa $120billion for nigeria to be among the islamic countries in africa, do you know how many times muslim, sharia, mosque appear in our constitution? And no church or christian in it, do you know turkey was 99% christian before? But islamic agenda uproated it, now christian there are just 0.023% and if you think it will not be possible in nigeria you must be mistaken, christianity in turkey was about +1000 years and it was uproated talk less of nigeria, you know we christian can not carry gun,or bomb, there is a revelation that if the church fail to take it stand in 30yr time nigeria will be like turkey, there aim is to islamize africa if they succeed in nigeria the rest africa country will be easy.so let be wise like the serpent and harmless like a dove by using wisdom as the bible said.

Can we afford to be starved forever in d name of protecting our religion? Can we afford to remain unemployed in the hand of carlos christian leaders? Can we remain silent and remain religious bigort till our common wealth is shared among unquestionable cabres? Can we remain innocent with prayers and fasting and arms given at various churches while the so called christian leaders piloted jets around the world with presidential gift yet, flying our common wealth all around in the name of harms purchase? Have you ever bothered to ask ursef, of what good is it to have a christian leaders while the citizen remain poorer, live in darkness and remain alienated from their common wealth? How many jet does jesus christ had b4 his demise? If Islam are seen a killer region via gun then, christianity is also a killer religion via starvation of the subjects. Don't you think died of being shot is far better than dying of starvation and hunger? What does it profit a christian leader in gathering people's wealth just to have his name listed as the richest president in africa? Dear friend, Nigeria by nature is pluralistic society. It has several religious faith, culture, customs and traditions, norms and values therefore, let muslim live the same way traditionalist are living. Stop power rotation campaign on the basis of religion differences. This nation wasn't founded on the basis of religion fanatism and it can not be lost to religious bigotaries of any kind. I urge you to canvass for better Nigeria based on programs and policies that would place foods on our table, put light in our abode, covers our roof with better selter and make us a happy nation with courageous discipline leaders and subjects. Islamic imposition is not possible thesame way christianity or other religion imposition is not going to be possible in Nigeria. Turkish are different race entirely they've got noting in common with us.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by PStacks(m): 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Racism is a Natural Disaster for mankind .

Religion is Man Made disaster for Mankind.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Asoozy:

Is your life not at stake now under a Christian president?

If my life is at stake, it's not because the president is a Christian, but because the Muslims want us all to be Christians. If they could do these under a Christian president, they will do worse when they are in charge. We all know that killing of christians in the north has been on for many decades now, even during the majorly muslim military rule.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by pendy79: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
wwwkaycom:
I am not just a Christian, I pastor a parish of one of the biggest Pentecostal churches in Nigeria. I belong to CAN, PFN and Full Gospel Businessmen Fellowship International. If APC fields Buhari/Fashola, I will not only cast my vote for the duo, I will make myself an automatic voluntary campaign manager for the ticket. I can't promise right now that I won't preach Buhari/Fashola as a message on the pulpit. Quote me and mark my words, PDP and GEJ automatically becomes the opposition the day the ticket is announced. GEJ is a christian just as I am, let somebody tell me only one thing that GEJ has done for me or for Nigeria that will earn him my vote in 2015. Head or tail, as for me, my family and 80% of my adult congregation of about 160, its Buhari in 2015 or no one else. Happy Sunday.

that's quite a huge one pastor. The problem with some bigots and ethnic jingoist is that they forget that christians have ruled Nigeria 12years out of the 15years of our democratic experience since 1999 but has any one heard any islamic cleric or islamic group protest such lobsidedness but no one would have complained if we have purposeful leadership.

The senate President and his Deputy are christians why didn't a senate dominated by muslims complain of such religious intolerance. Everyone wants a leader that is effective and have a clear direction for the country not the religion he practice.

Competence over Religion anyday.

Anyone who feels Religion should be a yardstick for leadership should tell his candidate to wait till the pope or the sultan of sokoto passes on and then seek such religious stools.

COMPETENCE OVER RELIGION ANYDAY.......

6 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
The most populated state in Nigeria is Lagos, and I am sure the APC banked on that to test the waters with Fashola, but fact remains that the largest voters in Lagos State are the populace that are made up of over a million former okada riders that Fashola betrayed. Igbos also make up 45% of the voters, and Fashola illegally deported Igbos and other minorities based on his tribal principles and deep-rooted jealousy for their enterprise. If the above analogy is to influence, which of course I believe will, the voting fulcrum, then Fashola is in for a shocker. That's one.

Fact Two; There are more christians in Lagos state than muslims. No good christian, and they are many in number, will vote a muslim-muslim ticket, they will rather vote Jonathan who is already equipped with the machinery and resources to retain the house of cards.

Fact three: Buhari's history of failure is already known, at 70 and with poor education, I doubt his veracity and temerity to lead the present cream of sophisticated Nigerians who want leaders in the pack of Obama, David Camron etc to lead them in this generation. Nigerians deserve a President that can do better than Jonathan in grammatical prowess, body language Simulation, charismatic diplomacy, and Buhari is not that man, Buhari is a choice for 1980s Nigerians and not for our present cyber generation.

At the moment, Buhari remains a good option, GEJ remains the better option and our only choice, and in 2019, we will find the best man for that time.

Let me conclude by adding this painful truth; Buhari will NEVER be President of Nigeria again.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Desric(m): 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
bossmini84:

Was the GEJ consequential bfor the demise of yar'adua xpect ur wishing for the demise of GMB
Nobody is wishing anybody dead here, I was only trying to correct the conception that the VP slot is almost irrelevant. In any case, if it truly is, why the clamour by people that it should be given to a Christian?
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Can muslims accept Chriatian-Christian ticket? The same muslims that accused Christians of having more representitive at the national conference?

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by emmasege: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
How on earth could someone imagine an all Muslim presidency with Buhari in d driver's seat. Until then, I keep my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Asoozy: 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
ILIDEFI:

If my life is at stake, it's not because the president is a Christian, but because the Muslims want us all to be Christians. If they could do these under a Christian president, they will do worse when they are in charge. We all know that killing of christians in the north has been on for many decades now, even during the majorly muslim military rule.

Ok so the killings now is considered manageable to you since it's under a Christian president abi?
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by darne(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hmmmm let's see undecided
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
rochas okorocha where are yo?
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Why do we have a lot of myopic people on this forum for God's sake!....Imagine what this one is saying !
Sunnybobo3:

APC is Nigeria's version of Muslim brotherhood. They will fail like their brothers in Egypt.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by caxim04(m): 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Who says fashola is a muslim? He is neither here nor there, infact he care less about religion. His wife s a deacon and you want to tell me he his muslim. For all i care he is an OPC chieftain , chikena.

Back to the issue, this alliance will not work. Why, because fashola is a decent thief and might not allow day light robbery as it is now. Half our politicians are day light robbers including Tinubu.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by BRAV0O(m): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
fun4:
do you think muslims and christians serve the same God? Do they believe that Christ is the only way to the True God? Do you think that the way muslims worship their God is acceptable way christian say the Holy Bible tells them? Think before you write and conclude.
maybe you need to learn how to read and understand ? I don't no for you , I said we SW region believe muslims and christians serve same God! Even with that , do u really no what u're arguing about ? Muslims gave birth to Christianity and christ himself, do I even av tym for u ?
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Desric:
Nobody is wishing anybody dead here, I was only trying to correct the conception that the VP slot is almost irrelevant. In any case, if it truly is, why the clamour by people that it should be given to a Christian?
The VP slot creates the religious and region balance for the presidency chikinah
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Desric(m): 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
bossmini84:

The VP slot creates the religious and region balance for the presidency chikinah
I thought the GEJians say there is no zoning anymore in our polity or is it a case hypocrisy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Senator Mohammed Kabiru Jibril Is Dead / Aisha Yesufu’s Old Tweet Praising Tinubu Resurfaces On Twitter (pic) / Cute Picture Of President Buhari And Wife, Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.