Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57445 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 12:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
madamoringo:
I marvel at the way Nigerians are easily carried away with PDP hoodwinking them with all kinds of fear-mongering, falsehoods rather than showing their achievements in the past 16 years of failure. One of the most annoying is religion. I am a christian and have no problems or qualms with a muslim-muslim president so far as the candidates are not corrupt bastards like GEJ and dullards Sambo (Christian-Muslim). Jonathan is the personification and definition of corruption, Nigeria needs a leader that will stop the bleeding: CORRUPTION! Nigeria needs a Vice President that is visible and working for his salary, not the non-existent Sambo.

IBB-Aikhomu - Failure and killers
Abacha-Diya : Failure and killers
OBJ-Atiku - not particularly successful but corruption was drastically killed and reduced and economy and foreign policy very positive
Yaradua-GEJ - Mega failure presidency
GEJ-Sambo - Corrupt and mega failure presidency

PDP is afraid of a Buhari-Fashola presidency, unable to criticize it for any issue on corruption, performance, proven track records of performance; it points out it is a muslim-muslim ticket! Is that what leadership of a country at the highest level is all about? Nigeria is a secular state, religion is a personal thing for you, in your home and house. No matter how religious a president is, he will never be able to impose any views on the country because laws must be passed by the Legislature only and even if a president introduces a bill, it will have to be debated and voted on by the Legislature made up of representatives from all parts of Nigeria.

Why doesn't PDP government of the corrupt president GEJ, now one of the richest presidents in the world after 4 years with an official salary less than $ 1 M per annum (Obama $ 400,000) tell us why power is still an abysmal < 4,000 MW, Corruption has Molested and Molesting the country, $ 20 B missing, petrol at N 97 but subsidy is still being paid in the hundreds of billions, under his watch BH killed tens of thousands, yet no conviction of the same people he said are in his government who are sponsoring BH, $ 15 M seized in SA, the refineries are still not working, the roads are a disaster. This is the only thing Nigeria needs to know and learn about. If you have failed in 7 years as president and VP, you should never expect to go and campaign in any state without being stoned to death, you and your TANOIDS!
He stole what I wanted to write. GBAM though.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by duni04(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:
fashola married an infidel for a wife and also attends programs at redeem camp, by Islam/northern moslem standards Fashola is not a true moslem, same goes to many yoruba moslems ( the mallams wont even let them lead prayers and would rather spread his mat outside and pray than enter an airconditioned mosque were prayers are led by yorubas) .
anyway less we digress, why is FASH not contesting as the main Presidential aspirant? at least there is a general agreement by all that he has something to offer with better record of governance than Buhari.
my friend i will vote for Fashola anyday against GEJ but why why and why is he being fielded as second fiddle to a man accused of being a MUSLIM JIHADIST with moslem brotherhood like tendencies?
Totally agree with you. Whats wrong with a Fashola-Amaechi ticket (to woo SS&SE voters) or a Fashola-Elrufai ticket (to woo northern voters). These are people with proven administrative credentials. Buhari has nothing to offer Nigeria IMO and he still hasn't cleared the air on those extremist comments he made in 2001. If we're serious about getting rid of the PDP next year, we must be present flawless and workable alternatives to them. Why present extreamist Buhari as an alternative to the PDP when we still have an islamist insurgency in the north, or the overnight billionaire Atiku, when Nigeria is still a hotbed of corruption? Those are not credible alternatives to the PDP undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
PDP will surely be defeated in 2015 starting from their leader Gej.its will be fight to finish buhari will win Good luck with wide margin. its will be fight to finish this time,Gej has destroy d reputation of people elite people now av confidence in God that change will come no matter d intimidation from d thugs they are breeding and d fake DSS they are recruiting.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Omimah: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
It will be a sign of political immaturity for any party, like PDP is currently doing, to start bringing religion into our polity. As for this ticket, Buhari/Fashola, I don't see any problem in it in the religious tolerant SW and Edo State. For obvious reason(s) the north will welcome it. The problem will be in the SE and SS. For this reason, the grassroot sensitization in the SS should be intensified. As for the SE, they are not only bent on voting Jonathan but also having little form religious tolerance.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
buhari is not an religion extremist,buhari is not a religious fanatic but a vibrant leader and an elder statesman he's d man to beat in 2015 election he's winning war till Feb 2015 election PDP should forget oooooooooo he's winning already Gej should be preparing for his handover note.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pataki:
As a certified born-again Christian, I will joyfully vote for Buhari/Fashola partnership for 2015.

I am motivated for change and not religious sentiments.
seconded,even if apc present pagan/pagan partnership for 2015,I will vote for them,God bless u for seeing beyond religion,let there b a change

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

Present a muslim-Muslim ticket in 2015 and see whom they shall vote for.I wonder where you think GEJ got his northern votes from. You keep saying the votes of SS/SE are irrelevant. Buhari thought so too in 2011 and see where that landed him.
buhari contested on d platform of CPC without structures n he got over 10millions votes,APC is a bigger platform,he can do extraordinary this time with fashola

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by IAMGEJ(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Why must all dis old sh*ts rule dis wonderful country? na wa o

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Waspy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
okosodo:
muslim-muslim will not work
Look beyond religion bro. Such thinking is what is holding the country back in ransom

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by IYANGBALI: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
okosodo:
muslim-muslim will not work
unless na only sambisa forest dem wan rule and shekau will be the secretary of their goverment grin

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by bbdd: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

It will not work with you and those sold on religion sentiment over the issue of ability to perform.....but it will work for millions of Nigerians that are not bother about Muslim/Christian Christian /Muslim Muslim/Muslim Christian/Chrisitan nonsense.

If paired, I assured you that many pastors in SW will campaign for the ticket inside their churches.

The reality is different.
It's not a wise calculation for apc to field two Muslims.
It's that simple. No sugar coating it

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by stan241(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
if only chai if only we would actually start looking at issues without involving religion in our arguments...I wasnt born the last time buhari ruled us but have read extensively about that period and also spoken to much older peeps in the family...now ive been an adult that much longer to witness the current regime and honestly its like nothing changes suffering and smiling is the order of the day...same old same old crap....now ive maintained that the oppositon could have done much much better than buhari but if he's the one they are presenting me feels he should be given a chance.....fashola is a progressive in my opinion so having him as vp sounds just about right until he is ready to take over...and ive also noticed supporters of the ruling party deal a lot in character assasination....let's make our choices based on facts and figures not on religious lines

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Anybody that can't pick Fashola as VP is a loser!

9 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by 2tek: 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

It will not work with you and those sold on religion sentiment over the issue of ability to perform.....but it will work for millions of Nigerians that are not bother about Muslim/Christian Christian /Muslim Muslim/Muslim Christian/Chrisitan nonsense.

If paired, I assured you that many pastors in SW will campaign for the ticket inside their churches.
Its myopic to think that religion nd ethnicity have nothing to do with politics in Nigeria. Nigerians voted for Jonathan nd not PDP due to ethnic nd religious sentiments. Nigeria is arguably the most religious country in africa,if not d world. So, presenting a muslim/Muslim ticket by APC will b self-destructive. Its also an assault nd insult on d sensibility and interests of the entire nigerian christians. imagine PDP presenting a christian/christian ticket. I'm sure a jihad will b declared in d entire north(not only north east). An average nigerian christian believes APC is an islamic party and Buhari is a boko haram sympathizer, now d party wants to confirm and affirm their fears.
U claim pastors in d SW will preach in favour of a BUHARI/FASHOLA ticket in their churches, can IMAMS nd enlightened muslims preach in favour of a Jonathan/James Ngilari(Adamawa) ticket IF PDP so decides? D tolerance nd maturity of nigerian christians shd not b taken as cowardice and foolishness by their muslim counterparts.
Do to others what u want others to do to u.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by omenka(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
philantoxx:
not a religious bigot,but I think Christians won't take kindly to an all Muslim ticket.
Oga, speak for yourself. I'm a christian and I don't think I give as much as half a rat's assss about their religion. All I need is someone who could deliver the goodies, period!! They can be Buddhists for all I care.

10 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by adonis89(m): 1:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
,[quote author=ilugunboy post=27265070]

I assure you and your type that the only place such high intole,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, U go just dey dey talk wetin u no kno
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
I am in support of a muslim/muslim APC ticket,if
that we heal our country,I am a christian,religion
should be separated from good governance

6 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
atimes I feel religion is a major setback for Nigeria .... should it be a determinng factor ..... Religion has got nothing to do with an individual's credibility.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by alasco24: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
It is a wellcome idea.pple will vote for a change.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by millionboi(m): 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
Muslim nd muslim Vc ....nd ppl wil say Tinubu Mean wel 4naija.Story 4d Gods.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by lonelydora: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Change Buhari in that combination and you will have my vote.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by philantoxx(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
omenka:
Oga, speak for yourself. I'm a christian and I don't think I give as much as half a rat's assss about their religion. All I need is someone who could deliver the goodies, period!! They can be Buddhists for all I care.
if u think so. no qualms
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:
the religious nonsense wasnt there before, we were almost forgeting the method USman anfodio used to bring islam to nigeria until ISIS ,AL SHABAB and BOKO HARAM reminded us again and what the ultimate goal of every true moslem is which is "ISLAMISE THE INFIDELS OR KILL THEM ALL" (true christians have a similar agenda of christianizing the world but not with violence and wanton killing but PREACHING LOVE, the gospel of christ).
as we are debating this issues on the internet BH is currently BURNING CHURCHES AND BEHEADING YOBE CHRISTIANS (news kept under wraps by govt to avoid an uproar ).
so the people are wary of MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET for fear of their lives and that of their loved ones.
BETTER A CORRUPT NIGERIA THAN ONE WERE YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN!
did boko haram thrive under an islamic govrnment or a christain .... 2015 is near now , they wanna accept cease fire , read bw the lines man ..

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
Even my late father will give his approval for this. Best combination ever in the history of nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

....and the Christians in Kaduna have been bearing the brunt of the Boko Haram insurgency...while the C-I-C looks the other side because of the politics of 2015.

The Chibok girls are predominantly Christians who have been embarrassed, ridiculed, maligned and treated as outcasts by GEJ....a fellow Christian..do you think such mothers and fathers that PEJ insulted in Aso rock will ever pray that GEJ returns?

The consolidating opinion in the north right now.....regardless of religion is that this govt have a hand in the insecurity in the north.

By goodluck .... Dudes talking outtakes sense
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by jam00741ymail(m): 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
I think the pairing is the best cos Nigerians are tired og GEJ artics, he is playing politics of bitterness, a president who orders a commissional of police to insult an oppositin governor. He has seen critics as enemies, he is even insulting the sovreignity of this country by protecting criminals from prosecution. Flying money with jets and yet some pple keep clamping and clamouring for him to come back. I am a southerner we will happily vote for buhari/fashiola/oshiomole

7 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Mooaloji(m): 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
Buhari/Fashola ticket is a big headache 2 PDP. Wat 9ja need now is leader who can stem d tide of corruption dat GEj call stealing. The insecurity in the country, 8 out of 10 norther xtian will tell u dat GEJ is BH. GMB/ fASH carry go. The best team eva

6 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by PassingShot(m): 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
osemu8:
buhari contested on d platform of CPC without structures n he got 10millions votes,APC is a bigger platform,he can do extraordinary this time with fashola

It's 12 million plus votes.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by adonis89(m): 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
temitopeadeyemo:
Buhari-Fashola is the perfect fit for the Opposition. APC will win with a landslide if this happens. For people that think that a muslim/muslim ticket wont work should go back to Hope 93. Yorubas are generally a tolerant people. They have transcended beyond religious lines. They will vote for whoever they think will give them good governance. I am not sure if SE and SS will be able to see beyond religious and tribal sentiments but SW is always the battleground. I will urge many people to see beyond these sentiments and do what is right. I pray Buhari and Fashola ticket emerges. We shall then see an end to a clueless, purposeless, corruption ridden government.
. C dis 1 talking abt tribal sentiments and mentioning SS. SS is made up of ijaws and I want 2 ask u since 1960 up till who r d most sentimental and tribalistic ppl in Nigeria between yoruba,hausa,igbo and ijaws? Pls wen ur talking abt sentiment and tribalism don't call SS bkos d 3 major ethnic group in nigeria exhibit sentiments and tribalism mor dan d ijaws. SS is just learning it and I pray de should b sentimental and tribalistic bkoz dats wat nigeria politics is abt.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by XOXmedia: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
I wonder why people are saying that Bokoharam are sponsored by Gej. If you think Gej is responsible for the unrest in the north, then who's responsible for killing all those Nysc youths during the polls in 2011?(after Gej was declared winner). I personally think the polity has a lot of dust raised so as to malign the goodwill of this government. Those hell-bent on snatching the government in 2015 will be put to shame!

5 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by emiye(m): 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2014
I used to have reservations about a muslim-muslim ticket of Buhari-Fashola for fears, it could be used against APC , but i have seen that a muslim/christain ticket will bring about negligible change in the voting pattern in the SS / SE, and a slight pain in the ass for APC in the middle belt zones, but it will create a large buzz in the south west and high voters turnout.

I endorse the Buhari/Fashola ticket, as personally i dont give a damn about professed religion of candidates, even though i am a Christian.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

President Buhari Dissolves NNPC Board Of Directors - NTA / Pictures Of Political Thugs Arrested In Rivers By The Military. / Atiku's Ex-Classmate Now Works In His Factory (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.