Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57441 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by victorD3: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Etruth:
sorry bros, BRF is not just any Westerner. He's an accomplished performer. Due to the heterogenous population of Lagos state, his fame and good works has spread to every nook and cranny of d nation. Fashola is a born leader. I'm not a westerner, but I would vote him even if he is paired with GEJ. Tho I don't think much abt GEJ

Now Fashola is a reformer and after his tenure in office you will come back here and call him a thief just like Tinubu was .

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
nwekesimon68:
You are nt a christian bt a stupid fool. Look if you have lost ur parents or any luv one tru bokoharam or sharia or religious riot in the north u will knw the implications of having muslim / muslim ticket. If it were ur parents dat sanusi ordered 4 their head some years back u wil nt say this trash. Or shud i pray 4 u to be a victim of this stupid religion called bokoharam islamic religiön. Check all the islamic nations around the globe and tel me any of them witout violence? Nonsense
You are glorifying a Boko Haram that was and is actively sponsored by the Christian/Muslim ticket presently in place.

Btw,Fashola is liberal politician(his mother was a christian;he is married to a christian(his wife) who cares about people of all religions because they're human beings too,unlike the PDP who seek to divide us across religious lines.

8 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by onegig(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
I don't mind travelling 5 hours to go collect my voters card because of this.

Buhari serve 1 term of 4 years. That's all we need.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
See them all, witches and wizards claiming Christians. Your plans to islamise Nigeria would not work ooo. Shikena.

What's even wrong with projecting Fashola as president and someone else as the vice?

Must it be Buhari? A well known extremist?

Remember he said "the dogs and baboons would be soaked in blood"..... Abi na another buhari talk so?

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
nwekesimon68:
You are nt a christian bt a stupid fool. Look if you have lost ur parents or any luv one tru bokoharam or sharia or religious riot in the north u will knw the implications of having muslim / muslim ticket. If it were ur parents dat sanusi ordered 4 their head some years back u wil nt say this trash. Or shud i pray 4 u to be a victim of this stupid religion called bokoharam islamic religiön. Check all the islamic nations around the globe and tel me any of them witout violence? Nonsense
You are glorifying a Boko Haram that was and is actively sponsored by the Christian/Muslim ticket presently in place.

Btw,Fashola is liberal politician(his mother was a christian;he is married to a christian(his wife) who cares about people of all religions because they're human beings too,unlike the PDP who seek to divide us across religious line to achieve political gains that do not reflect in the wellbeing of the majority of oue peoples.

To hell with the religious bigots=PDP.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
calebo101:
See them all, witches and wizards claiming Christians. Your plans to islamise Nigeria would not work ooo. Shikena.

What's even wrong with projecting Fashola as president and someone else as the vice?

Must it be Buhari? A well known extremist?

Remember he said "the dogs and baboons would be soaked in blood"..... Abi na another buhari talk so?
Same thing Jonathan said would happen next year. But he has failed already.

Go and check Reno Omokri's website. GMB is crushing him there too.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by vigasimple(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
The challenge for APC is that for people who are not naive politically will know that , the party is a joke trying to hoodwink the people just to gain power.

2 quick questions

1. Why Bhuari on top of the ticket and NOT Fashola ( who is younger and I dare say more smarter and intelligent than the Fulani born to rule master, Bhuari)

2. Would the North accept a Christian/Christian ticket.

APC is just a platform for the North to get their 'loaned' power back.

if APC genuinely want to win power, they should by now have a very very superior programme than PDP and they can also have a solid presidential candidate from SOUTH SOUTH.

A 10year old can see the elephant in the room APC are hoping Nigerians don't see.

The North has spent the last 4 years using Boko haram to cause mayhem in the country and make it ungovernable for GEJ and they want the South to support a man who started the incitement of religious terrorist over Nigeria.

What does a 70yrs want to offer Nigeria that he cannot encourage and persuade a younger person to do.

Would Nigeria not function anymore when Bhuari goes to his maker?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by thegoodone2(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
Do u mean APC can not find a good christain that they trust? APC is a musiwa party. All of them are musilm. Am from WS. GEJ will carry 50% vote from WS.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by bbdd: 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
PassingShot:

What calculation do you think is "wise"?

While at it, remember to analyze your preferred calculation on the basis of the individuals' political clout and spread.

Time will tell.
The Internet is not Nigeria.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
victorD3:

Now Fashola is a reformer and after his tenure in office you will come back here and call him a thief just like Tinubu was .
You're the only one who will call him a thief.

We'll call Jonathan a thief after his tenure.

Because it's obvious :Jonathan is a big thief.
What are his achievements?
Where's the fresh air? grin
Where's the power supply?
Where're the jobs?

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by olatiler(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

Present a muslim-Muslim ticket in 2015 and see whom they shall vote for.I wonder where you think GEJ got his northern votes from. You keep saying the votes of SS/SE are irrelevant. Buhari thought so too in 2011 and see where that landed him.
No u got it wrong, we Nigerians then believe in Gej the shoeless man but later we find out his luck runs out quickly and he's a failure

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Dereformer(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
It is only a FOOL that believes APC will defeat PDP in 2015.

It does not matter who you field.
PDP will be victorious.

Elections are not won on social media.

My advice to APC is wait untill campaign starts.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
if this selection is good governor rotimi ameachi should go to d Senate and contest for senatorial seat.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by 1stola: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
I am definitely ok with the Fashola being the VP candidate of Buhari. I initially was against a muslim/muslim ticket but now I realise Fashola is the greatest achiever in all the VP choices.

Up APC!

Up Progress!
You made my day.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by wwwkaycom(m): 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
I am not just a Christian, I pastor a parish of one of the biggest Pentecostal churches in Nigeria. I belong to CAN, PFN and Full Gospel Businessmen Fellowship International. If APC fields Buhari/Fashola, I will not only cast my vote for the duo, I will make myself an automatic voluntary campaign manager for the ticket. I can't promise right now that I won't preach Buhari/Fashola as a message on the pulpit. Quote me and mark my words, PDP and GEJ automatically becomes the opposition the day the ticket is announced. GEJ is a christian just as I am, let somebody tell me only one thing that GEJ has done for me or for Nigeria that will earn him my vote in 2015. Head or tail, as for me, my family and 80% of my adult congregation of about 160, its Buhari in 2015 or no one else. Happy Sunday.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
vigasimple:
The challenge for APC is that for people who are not naive politically will know that , the party is a joke trying to hoodwink the people just to gain power.

2 quick questions

1. Why Bhuari on top of the ticket and Fashola ( who is younger and I dare say more smarter and intelligent than the Fulani born to rule master)

if APC genuinely want to win power, they should by now have a very very superior programme than PDP and they can also have a solid presidential candidate from SOUTH SOUTH.

A 10year old can see the elephant in the room APC are hoping Nigerians don't see.

The North has spent the last 4 years using Boko haram to cause mayhem in the country and make it ungovernable for GEJ and they want the South to support a man who started the incitement of religious terrorist over Nigeria.

What does a 70yrs want to offer Nigeria that he cannot encourage and persuade a younger person to do.

By the same argument, the North wouldn't accept a Jonathan if the South can not accept GMB.

Jonathan has failed, and that is not because he's a christian. He knows nothing, has done nothing.
Buhari is miles ahead of him.

GMB /BRF ticket will give the pdp nightmares.

8 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by OLUENTA1: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
Though I don't want to say their pair would not perform but would the almajiris in the north accept Christian/ Christian slot if the case is otherwise..my tot

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
APC will win convincely in 2015 d party is now a combination of 4-5 parties forget ooo PDP is falling woefully this time .this is how they fall online here on nairaland on previous governorship election forget oooo no one is bringing d clueless President u av as PDP candidate in Feb 14 2015 Cos' he will be disappointed in d polls.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
I think most people calling Christians intolerant of Buhari / Fashola combination are just missing the point. To me, I have no problem with Muslim/Muslim ticket (I dare say, if we must move above religion, we must also move about region. Not is wrong with North / North or South / South combo).

However, I have problem with Buhari / Fashola combination and my fears was echoed by no other person than Sheikh Gumi

Buhari’s popularity surged to messianic peak among the ordinary northern Muslims not because of his incorruptible ascetic-like qualities but the day he debunked the Atiku’s ‘back to status quo’ declaration during the heated Sharia and Anti-Sharia debacle of Zamfara’s Sharia reintroduction. This same reason, Christians are still not comfortable with him

Buhari is seen largely as voice for sharia in Nigeria, and to me pairing him with another Muslim will not go down well with most Christians even in SW. I can be bet that majority of Nigerians don't even know that Fashola is Muslim!!

There is difference between pairing moderate Muslim / Muslim ticket (heck, even Atiku / Fashola) and pairing a fundamental Muslim, who have made in the past, lots of unfortunate comments with a moderate Muslim.

While Buhari / Fashola ticket seems very good (at least from APC pov) Buhari have not helped himself with his very strong stand on religious issues. It is hard to tell people to live above religion when voting, but one of the candidates cannot do away with religion.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
In all honesty I think tinubu wants buhari to fail, ever since the meeting with OBJ we're david mark was present. I had been suspecting tinubu. Cos he knows he can neva control a buhari. And to all those who feel yourbas do not vote along religous lines wait for the shocker. If APC is wise they should start winning the heart of the igbos for 2019.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
hugoart:
The VP position is only a "dummy" position because of the PDP goons.With an APC government, Fashola will be a performing VP,bringing the policies that will help project peace and prosperity in an egalitarian society devoid of the religious bigotry of the slave mentality, clueless,rejected pdp.

I really do admire and believe in Fashola. Well let events unfold, all we have to do is wait.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by olatiler(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
vigasimple:

2 quick questions

1. Why Bhuari on top of the ticket and NOT Fashola ( who is younger and I dare say more smarter and intelligent than the Fulani born to rule master, Bhuari)

Pls stop calling Boko Haram Northern Agenda its PDP and Gej Agenda and it glaring except u are blind even ur uncle Bling Bling CAN Pastor was one of Boko Haram Architects mumu ppl

3 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Asoozy: 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:
APC lacks the grassroot structure to win a presidential election irrespective of who they present.

The same grassroots structure it lacked when Buhari garnered 12milion votes on a party platform that was barely six months old and the lack of structure that saw Fashola returned for a second term triumphantly.

Spare me nonsense abeg.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by 1stola: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
iconize:
What's wrong with this country and its people?

Out of a hundred and seventy million peeps, a malnourished old cargo is found worthy to lead a nation of youths. angry

Are there no young vibrant politicians in Nigeria?

Why must it be the same old recycled sewage-inhaling thieves?

Pls stfu if you don't have any reasonable thing to say.
pls give us example of any vibrant youth you know.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by TplenT(m): 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
adonis89:
guy forget adamawa, bkoz Ngilari will deliver GEJ
. Oga wake up..!!.. Are you talking about the same way Babangida Aliyu delivered Niger in 2011,or how Sokoto and Kaduna voted Buhari despite Voting PDP in governorship elections.Do you even know that Jonathan was heavily massacred by Kano votes despite the fact that they voted PDP(kwankwaso) in gubernatorial elections ?.Right now,sentiments are clearly heavily against Jonathan up north(most especially in areas affected by Boko haram- which Adamawa happens to be one).Next year election might just end up to be like the '93 election where Tofa won in the SE and SS and Abiola won heavily in other parts of the country. Northern votes are only guaranteed for Jonathan in Benue,Plateau and Taraba states. Interesting times lies ahead..!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by CaptainCodes(m): 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
shady26:
the religious nonsense wasnt there before, we were almost forgeting the method USman anfodio used to bring islam to nigeria until ISIS ,AL SHABAB and BOKO HARAM reminded us again and what the ultimate goal of every true moslem is which is "ISLAMISE THE INFIDELS OR KILL THEM ALL" (true christians have a similar agenda of christianizing the world but not with violence and wanton killing but PREACHING LOVE, the gospel of christ).
as we are debating this issues on the internet BH is currently BURNING CHURCHES AND BEHEADING YOBE CHRISTIANS (news kept under wraps by govt to avoid an uproar ).
so the people are wary of MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET for fear of their lives and that of their loved ones.
BETTER A CORRUPT NIGERIA THAN ONE WERE YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER FOR BEING A CHRISTIAN!

lOOk up, this post is very unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by buoye1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
I'm nt a supporter of pd"pig" but if APsheet shld dare try ds muslim/muslim ticket!i ll vote 4 GEJ

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hugoart(m): 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
Dereformer:
It is only a FOOL that believes APC will defeat PDP in 2015.

It does not matter who you field.
PDP will be victorious.

Elections are not won on social media.

My advice to APC is wait untill campaign starts.

Pdp is campaigning already using the tandroids who declared campaigning open more than 5months ago.
Pdp breaks laws and steal the wealth of our nation.

It's only a pdp tandroid IDIOT.who will think the failed Jonathan /Sambo ticket will win against GMB/APC with the state of the nation under the incumbent.
Why not fold your hands and watch if you're so sure you 've performed? You can't because you haven't.
My advice to the PDP-TAN is wait until election day.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by 1stola: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Let me burst your bubble again,

So Rasheed Ladoja is a Christian?
What nonsense is this one saying?
Is former gov Alao akala a Muslim? is he not from PDP?

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by akatekpe(m): 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
temitopeadeyemo:
Buhari-Fashola is the perfect fit for the Opposition. APC will win with a landslide if this happens. For people that think that a muslim/muslim ticket wont work should go back to Hope 93. Yorubas are generally a tolerant people. They have transcended beyond religious lines. They will vote for whoever they think will give them good governance. I am not sure if SE and SS will be able to see beyond religious and tribal sentiments but SW is always the battleground. I will urge many people to see beyond these sentiments and do what is right. I pray Buhari and Fashola ticket emerges. We shall then see an end to a clueless, purposeless, corruption ridden government.
you all focusing on SS/SE, SW 'n North since..hope you ain't referring to the middle belt as part of the north cos BENUE n PLATEAU ppl wu neva be part of muslim-muslim ticket

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by nduchucks: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
The only crime Fashola seems to have committed is being a Muslim according to many bigots on NL. Many Nigerians do not care whether Fashola is Hindu, Atheist, or Traditionalist - they simply appreciate his performance.

Insha Allah, Buhari will rule for 4 years and hand over a clean, less corrupt administration to younger candidates like El-Rufai, Fashola, Amaechi, or even our esteemed Emir, Sanusi.

SMH @ the NL religious bigots

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Onodo and ekiti is definitely for GEJ we all know the north is for APC buh I can tell you that GEJ boys would rig for him and its very difficult to prove riggin in the presidential election. Also youb forget that every major politician in adamawa is now in PDP I can tell PDP has 2-3 states in the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

President Buhari Dissolves NNPC Board Of Directors - NTA / Pictures Of Political Thugs Arrested In Rivers By The Military. / Atiku's Ex-Classmate Now Works In His Factory (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.