Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket (57486 Views)

Buhari, Fashola And The Return Of Idiagbon By Ayo Alaba Idowu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / Buhari/fashola Ticket: Opinion Of A SW Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
donroxy:
.... God bless the skull protecting your brain .... The same poor strategy used by APC that made Fayemi lost election in Ekiti and Aketi to lose the one in Ondo which made one of my MENTOR to ask ''Does APC HAS STRATEGIST'' .......

Ilugunboy of all people should know Nigerians (Youth,Market women,Cow slaughterers,Jobless youths) on the street decides who win election while Nigerians in their home only collect voter's card for official reasons while they boycott election since Security is not Guaranteed !!

That is why we have hundred of thousands of margins and aggregately millions that will boycott election .... Majority of Civil Servants, Bankers, Enterprenuers, Engineers etc do not vote but are mere registered election card holders !

The PDP-led Government has dis-oriented the majority of street folks for their reasons thus the street brains is not yet at advanced level of thought due to poverty and ill-education thus Muslim-Muslim ticket will not win Presidential election .... Atleast say bye bye to SE/SS ... Half of NC/SW only left with core norths !!

Don.

Given the reality on ground.....that ticket in my opinion will bring in the highest number of votes to APC more than any other combination.

What combination in your opinion do you think can assist APC......?

The only way to douse the unreasonable toga that PDP have worn across GMB among southerners is a relative popular southern candidate in APC area of strength in the south....whether Muslim or not Muslim.

Many people will be willing to overlook GMB perceived religion background with a popular candidate from the south.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by miqos02(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
wwwkaycom:
Which Benue Sir? You mean the Benue that have been retrogressively taken backward by PD P's Suswan Gabriel? GEJ will manage to have 40% in Taraba and win convincingly in Plateau but remember that whatever he gained in Taraba and Adamawa he will vomit in his own zone especially in Rivers and Edo States? Forget it Bro, GEJ is a goner!
Sir, edo and rivers are PDP states, let's face the reality

I am not a politician
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
caxim04:
Who says fashola is a muslim? He is neither here nor there, infact he care less about religion. His wife s a deacon and you want to tell me he his muslim. For all i care he is an OPC chieftain , chikena.

Back to the issue, this alliance will not work. Why, because fashola is a decent thief and might not allow day light robbery as it is now. Half our politicians are day light robbers including Tinubu.
how will this help Nigeria ... if you can see no good when the good is obvious.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by obaede: 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:

'STORY FOR THE GODS'. Present a muslim/ muslim ticket and watch pdp suspend all campaigns cos you would have done all the campaign for them...... Especially in this era of bokoharam and ISIS
. But Boko Haram and ISIS are not muslim. Am a christian but I strongly believe those guys are not muslim. If we always base our decision on sentiment or nepotism, we can't move forward as nation. I believe so much in Fasola, I just need to check Buhari again.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Johnnyessence(m): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
APC is a grass root party oooo and God so good in his work fashola is pick all d sw governors except ekiti and ondo won't rally round for fash Cos' they are opposition state and to buttress d point very well.GMB is winning d heart of people ooooo .
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nelson2014(m): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
anonimi:

have I said that "religion blackmail and propaganda will work" anywhere
I have simply pointed out the FACT of Aregberascal's clueless educational policy in Osun that caused religious chaos in the state.
No more, no less.
whu told u dat there is religious chaos in osun..mind u i live in osun nd d man is d bst gou we ever had

4 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by AdoOloro(m): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
If Buhahari wants to rule this country again, he should come out of retirement and support a military coup. That is the only way!
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by rafeelly(m): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
Etruth:
Bros, na wa 4 u oooo. What do u take us for? Illiterates? E go surprise you. A b'um onye igbo and I live in the Niger Delta. A born again Christian too. I have lived most of my life in d SS/SE region yet I'm totally in for the knock-out combo of Buhari/Fashola. No dey deceive ppl wit d religious ish. E no go work. Competence over Cluelessness. #Sai Buhari/Fashola 2015
pls help me tell them brother I am from Enugu and I stay at rivers... not all Igbo are into dis religious bullshit... I remember my days as an undergraduate at UNN we had plenty igbos who were determined to vote out Jonathan... I am trying very hard to convince my parent to vote change and not "he is our brother" 2015 wud be different from 2011 cos Igbo are not as gullible as u guys think... buhari/fashola/oshomole for 2015

#changehascome
#proudlyigbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by PStacks(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
ratiken:

Until you understand the major roles religion and tribal sentiments play in Nigeria's politics, you are still a newbie. Over 85% of Nigerian voters vote along these lines....... Don't be decieved that the 15% that care less due to enlightenement will decide the votes...No. Even your politicians know that.

NB: Fashola's popularity in lagos does not equate national popularity and acceptance. As a matter of fact, Oshiomole has more national appeal. However, APC still lacks the grassroot structure to dislodge PDP/ GEJ. If they play their cards right, might be lucky in 2019.

It hurts me so much to admit you have said the Truth and nothing but all of the Truth.

As a Reformist, I refuse to concur with you.
We must fight till those your statistic change weda its year 2015 or 2019 or 2060..
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by raumdeuter: 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

See this hypocrite. Religion has no place in SW politics but all ACN gubernatorial candidates in the last election were Muslims, beat that? I guess there were no credible Christians in ACN.

You can only deceive the gullible and less informed.

I am here to burst lies

Rotimi Akeredolu ACN candidate in Ondo A Christian

Kayode Fayemi ACN candidate in Ekiti Christian

NEXT LIE

6 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by In2systemsTech(m): 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2014
they should just remove Buhari and pair Fashola with another active man
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Desric(m): 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
bossmini84:

Am not talking about zoning and talking about balance to any presidential candidate. Once election is over the VP is inconsequential.
What then is the essence of zoning if not the same balancing?
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by ionsman: 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Muslim this Muslim that.Am a Christian from Edo state.Come 2015,i will vote for buhari(I know he will be Apc's flag bearer). Wetin, PDP don too do us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by bknight: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
I hv no problem with it. But let me ask:

If it was a christain-christain ticket, what will be the reaction?

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Etruth: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2014
ILIDEFI:

U r a born again Christian, and believe there is no problem with Muslim/Muslim ticket? Kai! Where is your spiritual alertness? Are you so deadened spiritually? Are you still unaware that the OIC has given Nigerian muslims mandate to take over Nigeria? If President and VP are muslims, then majority of the ministers handling sensitive positions wud be muslims. Most, if not all special assistants and advisers will be muslims. As majority of top persons in APC are currently muslims, a time will come when it will be hard to get appointments, contracts, placements if you are not a muslim. Gradually, they will start mounting opposition to Christian events and activities.
Buhari is a religious bigot. The best he can have for a VP should be a christian.
Lemme ask you: do you think Nigerian muslims will accept a Christian/Christian ticket, even if they are both angels?
Bible encourages us to be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves. Let us have understanding of the times we're in, and be aware the devil wants to overwhelm the church. We should not give him any room.
U feel u made sense abi? I don't want to call u a bigot bt u sound like one. Maybe u tink everyone shld be selfish and unpatriotic like u. Always creating divisions to serve ur selfish purposes. What exactly do you want? These so called christian Special assistants and advisers are they not d ones perpetrating d monumental financial crimes @ d detriment of Nigeria and Nigerians...... and d oga @ d top keeps patting them on d back while Nigeria keeps moving backwards. I would vote and campaign for a man of quality, of upright standing, of proven integrity, of financial astuteness, of unbendable principles. AN UNWAVERING VISIONARY . I'm sorry, bt your perspective is one-sided. I need an upright, principled and visionary NIGERIAN as d leader of Nigeria who is passion8 for the good of the ppl (he could come from Aba, Otuoke, Ilesha, Chibok, or kontangora), not an oligarch who is not in tune, neither cares for d good of d populace. Secondly, do you think a person is a christian just becos he bears a christian name? Nooooo. You can read up Mark 11. The parable of the tree which had leaves (APPEARANCE OF A CHRISTIAN) but had no friuts (DEEDS AND VIRTUES). Jesus cursed d tree. Don't think I'm one shallow (everyday) church-goer whom u can confuse with ur illogical and non-scriptural non-conjectures.I'm not gullible and I consider things properly b4 judging. U can try d next person, he/she might swallow ur self-serving and ignoble postulations. I doubt you are a Christian tho, cos u sound SELFiSH and covetous. U can read up PHILIPPIANS 2: 3-4. Good day

6 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:
Don.

Given the reality on ground.....that ticket in my opinion will bring in the highest number of votes to APC more than any other combination.

What combination in your opinion do you think can assist APC......?

The only way to douse the unreasonable toga that PDP have worn across GMB among southerners is a relative popular southern candidate in APC area of strength in the south....whether Muslim or not Muslim.

Many people will be willing to overlook GMB perceived religion background with a popular candidate from the south.
I have analysed this time without numbers and I will still do here ... ..... I know GMB's chance is bright in becoming the flagbearer though I'm not comfortable with his candidacy cuz I preffered our youthful Governors nonetheless .....we want change and powerbalance ....

If GMB emerged i think Rochas should work with the General ..... Therefore , I think North and SE would work wonder ..... SW is APC's area of strength no doubt but SW to many extent only care about performance and wonderful combination unlike SS/SE who would consider what to vote for before doing the needful.

APC has good structures in SW that can deliver votes regardless of who emerged but no strong structure in SE/SS and that is why something must be given those two predominantly christian region something to consider voting for along religion and tribal line since such factor can never be ruled out in Nigerian Political Atmosphere .... !!!
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by minister85: 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
dunkem21:
Like I said before, they want to sample our opinions and revert to their paymasters.

I will not comment till they present a muslim/muslim ticket; Then I will ask a million and one questions.

Till then.

#dorofreshair
am with you

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by jelel6: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
although am a muslim from the south. But i have noticed that most southerners opposed to GMB only does so because he is a northerner. But i have never FOR ONCE seen any northerner include the fact that GEJ is from the south as one of the reasons the want him out. NEVER! I dont know how someones region affects me positively.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by minister85: 4:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

It will not work with you and those sold on religion sentiment over the issue of ability to perform.....but it will work for millions of Nigerians that are not bother about Muslim/Christian Christian /Muslim Muslim/Muslim Christian/Chrisitan nonsense.

If paired, I assured you that many pastors in SW will campaign for the ticket inside their churches.
your statement shows that you are naïve and ignorant

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Etruth: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
victorD3:

Now Fashola is a reformer and after his tenure in office you will come back here and call him a thief just like Tinubu was .
Sai GMD/BRF. Even a blind man can attest to the quality of his governance in Lagos. He is PROVEN. Can u tell me GEJ achievement since 99? Pls
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by hensben(m): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
BTW, is GEJ a christian? cos i cant see anything christ-like in him n his administration
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by garrimallam: 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
I dont like APC but i like Buhari.Buhari's headache may not be SE at d end of d day. But some strong foes from d North who will rather die than to allow Gen.Buhari become president.
Infact Buhari / Fashola is very good and effective sale.
Johnnyessence:
There were strong indications at the
weekend that the All Progressives
Congress ( APC ) may have decided to pair
incumbent Governor of Lagos State ,
Babatunde Raji Fashola, with the party ’ s
frontrunner in next month’ s presidential
primaries- General Muhammadu Buhari .
Buhari Fashola

Top sources at the party’ s national
secretariat in Abuja told Sunday
Independent that the members were
encouraged to step up the game after the
large turn out that graced Buhari ’ s
declaration of Wednesday .

From the event and judging by the large
turnout of who is who in the party , they
reasoned, it was evident that most of the
members were favourably disposed to the
candidacy of Buhari .

At the event were four governors: Fashola,
Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers , Tanko Al Makura
of Nasarawa and Adams Oshiomhole of
Edo States; just as there were other
prominent members of the party at
Buhari’ s declaration at Eagles Square on
Wednesday .

Asked whether the party was mindful of
the Muslim /Muslim ticket debate still
raging at the moment , the source said the
party has been making wide range
discussions on the issue apart from
consulting religious and opinion leaders
across the country.

“Yes, we are mindful of the mood in the
country presently . But we are also
conscious of the fact that the country’ s
future is more important than every other
thing ; that is why we have not finalised
the arrangement of pairing Fashola with
Buhari. But you can be sure that after our
consultations, the nation’ s paramount
interests would be the deciding factor and
not religion”, the source, who craved
anonymity said .

Before now , there were speculations that
the APC was considering a strong Christian
from the Southwest to pair with a Muslim
presidential candidate from the core North .
The permutation appears to have changed
with the series of meetings that are being
held in Abuja and Lagos between the party
leaders.

It was gathered that at one of the
meetings held in Victoria Island , Lagos last
week , after over six hours , former governor
of the state and APC National Leader ,
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Fashola were
said to have agreed on the candidacy of
Mr. Akin Ambode to carry the party ’ s flag
in February .

Before now , the governor was implicitly
backing his Commissioner for Works and
Infrastructure, Dr Femi Hamzat to replace
him at the Alausa, Ikeja , governor’ s office.
At the venue of the agreement said to have
been brokered by party elders , Sunday
Independent learnt that the chieftains
made Fashola and Tinubu to realise why
they must find a middle ground and work
together in the interest of the party, both
at the state and at the national levels .

A source at the meeting said the elders
impressed it on the governor that there is
a link between his success in office and
the role played by his mentor , Tinubu in
the past years.

The party’ s source added that the elders
also made Tinubu understand that the
governor has made the party and every one
proud, and therefore deserved to be
supported for a national ticket .

“The meeting urged Tinubu to begin
mobilisation to make sure Fashola is
paired with any candidate that eventually
emerged at the party’ s convention . They
said it would not be too difficult to sell the
candidature of the governor, since most of
his colleagues already referred to him as
‘ class captain , ” the source said .

He added : “The meeting agreed that
Fashola should support Tinubu given his
pragmatism and consistency in building
party structures in Lagos, Southwest and
across the country. The elders also
appealed to both leaders to work together
in unity , for the interest of the party.“
Even so , it was gathered that pressure is
being mounted on other aspirants to
withdraw from the race to ensure Ambode
emerges consensus candidate at the poll.

This is why , according to another party
leader in the state , many of the aspirants
are not rushing to buy nomination forms.
The APC leader said the party wants to
avoid a rancorous primary , and have
therefore appealed to the governorship
aspirants to see the reality on ground and
withdraw for Ambode.

It is not however clear if the aspirants are
willing to forgo their ambition. While some
have vowed to continue , insisting that the
party should ensure a level playing, others
are believed to be strongly weighing the
option, and may leave the race this week .

The matter may not be as simple as that ,
after Lagos Assembly Speaker , Adeyemi
Ikuforiji picked his nomination form on
Saturday, just like Obafemi Hamzat,
Commissioner for Works , while Senator
Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon is not known
to have jettisoned his life - long ambition to
govern the centre of excellence, but
whether any of them can sail through
without Tinubu in APC is another issue.

www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/2015-apc-considers-buhari-fashola-ticket/
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
I don't have anything against Muslim, I have Muslims all around even my best friend FARUK is a Muslim and he's very peaceful even to the point I think he's stupid
But this national issue itz ain't 1 man business... Why don't we do Muslim /Christian ticket... Itz a fact if am asked which religion is best automatically my ANS is Christian and if am given the chance I will elevate my religion same goes with Muslims.... If u think religion sentiments was started by GEJ u are wrong... This has started since time immemorial... OBJ's was deputized by atiku was that an accident, after d demise of yaradua (RIP) David mark was d 3rd citizen, since no 2 has graduated to number 1 why no 3 to 2 but because of religion issue they decided to opt for a Muslim
Muslim /Muslim might work out everything is possible but why not take a calculated risk... The state of Nigeria right now doesn't favor Christian/Christian ticket nor Muslim /Muslim ticket..... My opinion; apologists ;

2 Likes

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Asoozy: 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
I stand in applause!!!

PStacks:
Racism is Natural Disaster to Humanity But Religion is Man made disaster to Humanity..

Maybe Man didn't have the choice as to have been born White or Black.. But man Invented Religion.

Now They are Proposing Buhari-Fashola Ticket, some Religious bigots are already talking Muslim-muslim Ticket.

Yes Buhari is Muslim and yes, Fashola is Muslim, Yes I am Christian but I refuse to tie my VotÉ tÒ relÍgiÓu§ sentimentalities.

Buhari-Fashola is good for me.
Buhari-Amechi is equally good for me, But Placing Amechi over Fashola because of Religion is what kills this country..

I don't care your religion, provided you will put issues of National interest at heart..

I will not be swayed by Religion..
That said, in this 2015 elections, I will not be swayed by Tribe.. I love Buhari weda he's Hausa Igbo or Yoruba....

Until Religious, Tribal and ethnic rivalries don't come into National Discuss During Electioneering in Nigeria, No meaningful progress can ever be made..

Have said that.. The only other alternative is to have the country break up into its constituent units..

Just this morning I was reading an article that showed the Igbos were still very Much interested in the Biafra Republic.. I read on igbo woman's comment that said "We want Biafra, Death to Nigeria"..
Imagine that!!!

If the igbo's wan Biafra and the Arewa Walls has never been Bridged since inception of the Arewa Kingdom.. The Oduduwa people has also been formidable in their own might..

If the 3 kingdoms coming together doesn't make us stronger, then we shouldn't allow it to kill us..

Population is power in other part of the world, but population doesn't translate to Power in Nigeria because the Population don't speak one Language...

Little wonder in the Bible when they wanted to build a Tower to see god! God realised they had one language and just tot to himself, "I'm God, Alpha and Omega" these peps wan see me, its simple, I'l just make them speak different languages..

U c, we are a powerful Nation that can see God, but God doesn't want us to see him as a Nation, that's why we speak different language..

For Nigerians to see God, they "MUST" speak in one voice and in one language..

On this note, I throw the question..

Can Nigeria ever be better?

Stop being patriotic or stop being Optimistic.. Be Realistic...
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Etruth: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
bknight:
I hv no problem with it. But let me ask:

If it was a christain-christain ticket, what will be the reaction esp the north.
Lead d way bro and show the light. Do what is ryt, not necessarily because of what odas wld have done but becos of what is right. WE ALL WANT A GREAT NIGERIA THAT WE CAN BE PROUD OF, but sm ppl want Naija to remain stagnant as long as dey keep looting d treasure dry. VOTE IN THOSE WHO WILL MAKE NIGERIA GREAT.

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by christopher123(m): 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
Johnnyessence:
There were strong indications at the
weekend that the All Progressives
Congress ( APC ) may have decided to pair
incumbent Governor of Lagos State ,
Babatunde Raji Fashola, with the party ’ s
frontrunner in next month’ s presidential
primaries- General Muhammadu Buhari .
Buhari Fashola

Top sources at the party’ s national
secretariat in Abuja told Sunday
Independent that the members were
encouraged to step up the game after the
large turn out that graced Buhari ’ s
declaration of Wednesday .

From the event and judging by the large
turnout of who is who in the party , they
reasoned, it was evident that most of the
members were favourably disposed to the
candidacy of Buhari .

At the event were four governors: Fashola,
Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers , Tanko Al Makura
of Nasarawa and Adams Oshiomhole of
Edo States; just as there were other
prominent members of the party at
Buhari’ s declaration at Eagles Square on
Wednesday .

Asked whether the party was mindful of
the Muslim /Muslim ticket debate still
raging at the moment , the source said the
party has been making wide range
discussions on the issue apart from
consulting religious and opinion leaders
across the country.

“Yes, we are mindful of the mood in the
country presently . But we are also
conscious of the fact that the country’ s
future is more important than every other
thing ; that is why we have not finalised
the arrangement of pairing Fashola with
Buhari. But you can be sure that after our
consultations, the nation’ s paramount
interests would be the deciding factor and
not religion”, the source, who craved
anonymity said .

Before now , there were speculations that
the APC was considering a strong Christian
from the Southwest to pair with a Muslim
presidential candidate from the core North .
The permutation appears to have changed
with the series of meetings that are being
held in Abuja and Lagos between the party
leaders.

It was gathered that at one of the
meetings held in Victoria Island , Lagos last
week , after over six hours , former governor
of the state and APC National Leader ,
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Fashola were
said to have agreed on the candidacy of
Mr. Akin Ambode to carry the party ’ s flag
in February .

Before now , the governor was implicitly
backing his Commissioner for Works and
Infrastructure, Dr Femi Hamzat to replace
him at the Alausa, Ikeja , governor’ s office.
At the venue of the agreement said to have
been brokered by party elders , Sunday
Independent learnt that the chieftains
made Fashola and Tinubu to realise why
they must find a middle ground and work
together in the interest of the party, both
at the state and at the national levels .

A source at the meeting said the elders
impressed it on the governor that there is
a link between his success in office and
the role played by his mentor , Tinubu in
the past years.

The party’ s source added that the elders
also made Tinubu understand that the
governor has made the party and every one
proud, and therefore deserved to be
supported for a national ticket .

“The meeting urged Tinubu to begin
mobilisation to make sure Fashola is
paired with any candidate that eventually
emerged at the party’ s convention . They
said it would not be too difficult to sell the
candidature of the governor, since most of
his colleagues already referred to him as
‘ class captain , ” the source said .

He added : “The meeting agreed that
Fashola should support Tinubu given his
pragmatism and consistency in building
party structures in Lagos, Southwest and
across the country. The elders also
appealed to both leaders to work together
in unity , for the interest of the party.“
Even so , it was gathered that pressure is
being mounted on other aspirants to
withdraw from the race to ensure Ambode
emerges consensus candidate at the poll.

This is why , according to another party
leader in the state , many of the aspirants
are not rushing to buy nomination forms.
The APC leader said the party wants to
avoid a rancorous primary , and have
therefore appealed to the governorship
aspirants to see the reality on ground and
withdraw for Ambode.

It is not however clear if the aspirants are
willing to forgo their ambition. While some
have vowed to continue , insisting that the
party should ensure a level playing, others
are believed to be strongly weighing the
option, and may leave the race this week .

The matter may not be as simple as that ,
after Lagos Assembly Speaker , Adeyemi
Ikuforiji picked his nomination form on
Saturday, just like Obafemi Hamzat,
Commissioner for Works , while Senator
Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon is not known
to have jettisoned his life - long ambition to
govern the centre of excellence, but
whether any of them can sail through
without Tinubu in APC is another issue.

www.dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/2015-apc-considers-buhari-fashola-ticket/

I refuse to be associated with serial failures

All I can say to APC is rest in peace in advance

1 Like

Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by adeko2: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Well it is a formidable pair, if actually it is true then the PDP would be ready for a strong election come next year.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by BabaO2: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
okosodo:
muslim-muslim will not work
I am a Christian, not a politician. I, and will mobilize my family and friends to vote for that team. It is far better and more competent than Christian-Muslim of Jonathan-Sambo team.
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Asoozy: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Bullseye!

Etruth:
U feel u made sense abi? I don't want to call u a bigot bt u sound like one. Maybe u tink everyone shld be selfish and unpatriotic like u. Always creating divisions to serve ur selfish purposes. What exactly do you want? These so called christian Special assistants and advisers are they not d ones perpetrating d monumental financial crimes @ d detriment of Nigeria and Nigerians...... and d oga @ d top keeps patting them on d back while Nigeria keeps moving backwards. I would vote and campaign for a man of quality, of upright standing, of proven integrity, of financial astuteness, of unbendable principles. AN UNWAVERING VISIONARY . I'm sorry, bt your perspective is one-sided. I need an upright, principled and visionary NIGERIAN as d leader of Nigeria who is passion8 for the good of the ppl (he could come from Aba, Otuoke, Ilesha, Chibok, or kontangora), not an oligarch who is not in tune, neither cares for d good of d populace. Secondly, do you think a person is a christian just becos he bears a christian name? Nooooo. You can read up Mark 11. The parable of the tree which had leaves (APPEARANCE OF A CHRISTIAN) but had no friuts (DEEDS AND VIRTUES). Jesus cursed d tree. Don't think I'm one shallow (everyday) church-goer whom u can confuse with ur illogical and non-scriptural non-conjectures.I'm not gullible and I consider things properly b4 judging. U can try d next person, he/she might swallow ur self-serving and ignoble postulations. I doubt you are a Christian tho, cos u sound SELFiSH and covetous. U can read up PHILIPPIANS 2: 3-4. Good day
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Etruth:
Sai GMD/BRF. Even a blind man can attest to the quality of his governance in Lagos. He is PROVEN. Can u tell me GEJ achievement since 99? Pls
Then why is he afraid of conducting LG election... After nxt year u will come back to your usual excuse whenever u lost election "it was rigged"
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by minister85: 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
chukwudi44:

Is fashola any better than oshiomhole!!!! Oshiomhole even has more nationalistic appeal than fashola,I wonder why it must be fashola!!! It is either APC is Islamcentric or yorubacentric or both of them
bokocentric
Re: 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket by Etruth: 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
Daguccizgreat:
You are a born again christian and you support an extremist like buhari. You ar not being realistic wit your self bc you sound not like a true christian which u claim.
I owe u no apologies or explanations. Gud day 2u

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US / Precious Chikwendu: I Never Had Sex With Femi Fani-Kayode For 6 Years / Buhari In London, With Tony Blair, Saraki & Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.