Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? (19367 Views)

Photo: Will You Accept This Gift? / He propose with a car after my Refusal To Accept A Friend Car Gift[Photo] / Ladies: How Long Before You Accept A Wooing Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
tosinendowed:
where did dis one come from.....fu ck kor spoon ni

Lol clearly not well

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Urine: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:
I've been trying to end my 2 year relationship for a few months. There are several reasons but the MAIN reason is that I am NOT happy with myself. I need to make some adjustments to improve my life and I need some space to refocus. I love him but I don't NEED to be in a relationship at this time with anyone. We promised each other that we would always be honest about how we were feeling. I reminded him of this when I tried to break things off six weeks ago. I told him that I would still be there for him if he needed anything. I respect him but I need to take care of some things in my peronal life that require my full attention.
I proposed that we go back to being friends but he rejected my offer. Even though we started as friends he said he isnt willing to have a friendship with me if I end the relationship. I don't think it's fair because I've been genuinely good to him. After much consideration and further frustration, I've decided to break it off tonight face to face. At the moment he is having some financial difficulties and I plan to gift him 40k to help ease the sting. I hope he undersatands that I sincerely care for him as I refocus on my own life.
Would you guys/ladies feel better if your honey left you with a break up gift?..or no??

Another reason not to fall in 'love'.

Op, you're are leaving the guy because he has financial challenges so why do you have cook up lies to cover your real intention? I've been a victim of an action like yours before and I will say this to your face, that guy you have written off will end up being a great man. People like you that love giving up on people make it easier for God to remember them and change their stories.

Btw, you can keep your 40k to yourself, he won't be needing it. Love is loyalty, staying true to a cause despite the challenges, Karma is lurking, waiting for you.

10 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by koolg: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:
I've been trying to end my 2 year relationship for a few months. There are several reasons but the MAIN reason is that I am NOT happy with myself. I need to make some adjustments to improve my life and I need some space to refocus. I love him but I don't NEED to be in a relationship at this time with anyone. We promised each other that we would always be honest about how we were feeling. I reminded him of this when I tried to break things off six weeks ago. I told him that I would still be there for him if he needed anything. I respect him but I need to take care of some things in my peronal life that require my full attention.
I proposed that we go back to being friends but he rejected my offer. Even though we started as friends he said he isnt willing to have a friendship with me if I end the relationship. I don't think it's fair because I've been genuinely good to him. After much consideration and further frustration, I've decided to break it off tonight face to face. At the moment he is having some financial difficulties and I plan to gift him 40k to help ease the sting. I hope he undersatands that I sincerely care for him as I refocus on my own life.
Would you guys/ladies feel better if your honey left you with a break up gift?..or no??

This OP has written off the guy
Anyway, money answereth all things

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by TDstarr: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:

Am just hoping he knows it's nothing about him. I hope he can consider picking up with me in d future is he is still available
hahahaha you need an adventourous relationship, people like you dont think of the future, if u date a player who will break ur heart u will start crying for husband later, God has given u a good man u want to leave him, noproblem, remember me in 10years

40thousans to break someones heart, smh people like him comes once in a lifetime pls dont make a mistake plssss

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Dannylux: 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
Lala247:

Exactly lol never heard of that . Its actually insulting if u ask me.

The lady seems very confused or probably impugned by her conscience for trying to dump the guy.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
Dannylux:

The lady seems very confused or probably impugned by her conscience for trying to dump the guy.

Thats true, its a guilty person that would do that, she doesn't need any space she just want out of the relationship n is trying to do it nicely but its insulting giving him a gift on top of break up lol

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by 05984901JE(f): 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
As for me.....breakup gift is trash for sm1 dt truely loves u.....its an insult....its like tryin to bride da hrt nt to hurt...rlatioships r way deper dn friendship..tinz,moments r shared...den u xpect sm1s hurt to b lessend by some silly gift..d gift cannt replace d person or cure d hurt....comin to ur story dear...guys r egoistic givin hm d bah may feel Tryin to burst his buble...I'd rada u pay it into his aCcnt dan give him cash.....dts jst ma opinion tho.....wish ya luck...
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Abraham2013(m): 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:
Well d problem is dat d money is too small. Watever is worth doing, is worth doing well. Make dat money 4million and d guy will not disturb u again, make it 40 million and d guy will even agree to be d best man to whoever u chose to marry in future.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by TDstarr: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:

I love and respect him. I hope to have a future with him one day.
How am I supposed to keep giving him my best when I dont feel good about my life. I know I may lose him. But sometimes I feel like I've already lost myself under the pressure of relationship obligations...my own emotional energy is low. I just ask him for consideration to allow me space and a little time to recharge. I love him no doubt and have told him this much.
pls forget the money dont worsen it, just forget and walk out stop deceiving urself, you dont love him

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Dannylux: 11:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
Lala247:

Thats true, its a guilty person that would do that, she doesn't need any space she just want out of the relationship n is trying to do it nicely but its insulting giving him a gift on top of break up lol

No sane guy would accept such gift. See her funny reason, she wanna focus on something more important.. Cliche.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by TDstarr: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nmeri17:
op PA MEAT me to say you arr genuinely wicked smiley

1. you asked yo boyfriend to free you because you wanno FOCUS on other things ostensibly more important than him

2. he agreed. and you requested to friendzone him

3. you wanno rub his financial INADEQUACIES into his face by offering him money and

4. hoarding the punny even for one last time angry

I suggest the FG execute you in place of the 52 soldiers on death row undecided
av seen these cases a hundred times over she always end up regretting and the guy picks up himself and becomes a better person

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
Dannylux:

No sane guy would accept such gift. See her funny reason, she wanna focus on something more important.. Cliche.

Looool more important= guy with money lol she fed up of poverty .

Mayb shes asses the guy and knows he needs the cash lol but she shouldn't dent his ego any further.
And if he accepts it lol dey wer both deceiving each other

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by ifoundmyperfect: 11:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
My girl tells me shez no longer interested, I'd give her a gift of freedom to leave. If I indeed love her, I'd let her go. If we're meant to be, our paths will cross. OP, you don't need to give him a monetary gift. It'd be demeaning, demoralizing and humiliating. Which bobo go wan collect money from babe wey just shenk am

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by qtx(m): 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
nieema:

I have considered this and that is why I agreed to continue with him as til now. Before we began dating, we were good friends. It was a supportive relationship without any romance, we were there for each other without any dating relationship. I thought that friendship was d foundation of our relationship. I wonder how he can throw all of it away?? just because I am trying to figure out some personal issues...how is that love?
Although it sounds like your heart has already been fixed on what you believe if you dont do, nothing else will work, however, have you raised these issues point-blank with him and he is unable to discuses and advise with better alternatives or options? sometimes my dear one head cannot carry all alone neither can one heart envelope all things at ones part of the reasons you are lovers/friends. In my opinion, lay the issue bare and naked to him and wait to see his suggestions. Because at times in the issues of life, you may just be seeing a solution that in your mind is a thousand times correct and perfect,until just a single word from another person you now begin to see alot of lapses in that your presumed prefect solution. You may be surprise that that young man will just say one single word that will act like a password to that mighty looking challenges you are facing. why not try this first? Give him the details no matter how nasty they may seem and allow him suggest ways out. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by justscorch: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
fuckshit:
I do fücking appluad your courage; it's not that fücking easy to tell someone you've been in a relationship with that your fücking breaking up ‘face to face’.

but as for the ‘breakup gift’ being cash that's a whole new different shït; you know him best & what his fücking going through @ the monent; but i can fücking say this most guys would love a fücking whole day of ‘breakup sex’ grin grin

Truu

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by sleek82(m): 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
Well I'm findin your excuse for breakup really hard to bliv...I guess your real reasons r still best known to you. I bliv if u have somethings to straighten in ur personal life, your partner shuld b one of the persons to help out. Im sori if I sound out of point here but anytime I go into a serious relationship, I see the lady as if she were ma wife and so I alwys find reasons to alwys keep her instead of lose her. I bliv if dis man means 'd world' to u, you wuldnt even give it a thought to lose him irrespective of wat u r goin thru. Wat if u r married to him? Wont you still tackle ur personal probs and still av him beside you as ur husband? I think he might read a negative meanin to ur gift as I would if I were in his shoes.........just ma thoughts sha
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by adbokus(m): 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
Pls go ahead and allow the young man meet someone who truly deserves him. Enjoy your intended rollercoaster while it lasts!...

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by sleek82(m): 11:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
qtx:

Although it sounds like your heart has already been fixed on what you believe if you dont do, nothing else will work, however, have you raised these issues point-blank with him and he is unable to discuses and advise with better alternatives or options? sometimes my dear one head cannot carry all alone neither can one heart envelope all things at ones part of the reasons you are lovers/friends. In my opinion, lay the issue bare and naked to him and wait to see his suggestions. Because at times in the issues of life, you may just be seeing a solution that in your mind is a thousand times correct and perfect,until just a single word from another person you now begin to see alot of lapses in that your presumed prefect solution. You may be surprise that that young man will just say one single word that will act like a password to that mighty looking challenges you are facing. why not try this first? Give him the details no matter how nasty they may seem and allow him suggest ways out. Good luck.
God bless you for this piece!
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Holuwathosyn(m): 12:01am On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:
I proposed that we go back to being friends but he rejected my offer. Even though we started as friends he said he isnt willing to have a friendship with me if I end the relationship. I don't think it's fair because I've been genuinely good to him. After much consideration and further frustration, I've decided to break it off tonight face to face. At the moment he is having some financial difficulties and I plan to gift him 40k to help ease the sting. I hope he understands
that I sincerely care for him as I refocus on my own life.

Won't collect d money but would respect her decisions and for her being honest. We would go have a valedictory fun with the money.
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by zilon12(m): 12:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Just 40k?

Op you can do better now grin

But to be candid with you, you don't love him anymore

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by zilon12(m): 12:06am On Dec 28, 2014
Abraham2013:

Well d problem is dat d money is too small. Watever is worth doing, is worth doing well. Make dat money 4million and d guy will not disturb u again, make it 40 million and d guy will even agree to be d best man to whoever u chose to marry in future.

I don't think she will need the breakup if she had N4m

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by ashahmali: 12:08am On Dec 28, 2014
Been thr done that.. who is the new guy?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by feelme3(m): 12:09am On Dec 28, 2014
prince3009:
OP, it is one thing to break up with a guy primarily because he has financial problems (i know that is probably why you are breaking up with him) and it is a bigger insult to try to offer him money as a parting gift! Move on to the next guy you have found and leave the guy to nurse his wounds. I ain't buying that your story of needing space cos i know another man is involved and he was the one who gave you the 40k to pay the guy off. WOMEN!!

End of story! The bolded na the koko.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by afbstrategies: 12:09am On Dec 28, 2014
I wouldn't tie money around any break up and I am sure he may be reluctant to take the money from you. I like women that are sincere and straight forward. Just tell the poor guy that you are not longer feeling him romantically. There are also some other questions you are silent on: is there any guy lurking around? It may not be fair to break up with him today and then end up in another guy's arm next month.

Finally, if you love or care about him so much, why can you let him stay and help you tackle this so called problem you are facing?. No one is forcing you to stay if you don't want to but how I wish women will stop all these excuses and break up with men if they want to.

Good Luck

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Mavor: 12:10am On Dec 28, 2014
nieema:

This tale is half untold. Why are you dumping him?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by stint(m): 12:11am On Dec 28, 2014
Even without hearing your bf's side of the story i know he has three problems at least:
1. He is broke
2. His girlfriend think he is incapable of helping him solve her problem. She thinks he is a distraction.
3. This girlfriend whom he loves has been trying to break up with him for some time now. Am sure he has been sensing it before u ever mentioned it.
But that does not matter since your own problems which neither I nor your bf knows about are a lot greater than the ones lifted above. Pls stop trying to be righteous. You want to break up. Its messy, it will be your fault, its grown up stuff, its not easy, its not pretty, but u have to do it. I want you to do it for the guy's sake. Dont offer him money. Try to tell him the REAL reason. I know most girls dont like to do that because they dont want their guys painting them black after thr break up. But dont worry about that. This one loves u. Be honest if u want him to get closure and think good thoughts about u when he finally gets over it.
I

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Darvel(m): 12:12am On Dec 28, 2014
Mhen..... U re really really heartless... Tell me who does dat... BREAK UP GIFT.... The story is clear, u re seeing anoda guy and he is lavishing u with money.... PERIOD.. Go kiss naked wire if u like.... Ur choice tho
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by justscorch: 12:13am On Dec 28, 2014
I know a rich nigggga wants u and u feel there's nothing ur niggga can do for ya,Wallahi bish u ain't loya

3 Likes

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nmeri17: 12:19am On Dec 28, 2014
TDstarr:
av seen these cases a hundred times over she always end up regretting and the guy picks up himself and becomes a better person

does not always work out that way. the guy could be introvert and the girl an outgoing flirty bombshell

in this present situation where the op is not completely over the guy, I think he's more likely to move on than she is sha
Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 28, 2014
Of course, yes. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would You Accept A Break Up Gift? by wunmi590(m): 12:27am On Dec 28, 2014
ireneony:
ok you are welcome too. There was a thread I created yesterday, without hitting FrontPage it got to 0-5 page and nairaland peeps really contributed to it, but it did not smell front page...but the one that is struggling to get comment or contribution will automatically hit FrontPage within 1hour which is not fair

We need to fire dis moderators...
Dey don dey do politics 4 NL nw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies Only 18+: Be Sincere And Tell Us Which Number Are You (pix) / Dear 25+ Ladies: How Market? Especially the Unmarried! / How To Approach A Girl For The First Time And Win Her Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.