Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,536 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) (23888 Views)

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba / Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. / What His Girlfriend Sent When He Asked For Nudes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by DerKaiser: 9:11am On Jan 11, 2015
They ain't even born that man yet, who would put his slimy hands on my sister, married or not, I would use his lips to scrub the concrete on the streets.
That you are dating my sister, niece, cousin or any female member of my family does not give you the audacity to try that. He would stare death in it's face. Unless I am not aware.

Cowardly thugs whose only strength lies in abusing women. That ain't mean you can't stand your ground as a man and treat your wife or girlfriend's fvck up if she gets out of line but you have no right to inflict bodily pain on another human, whoever he or she may be to you.

@OP, abusers get worse overtime and oftentimes, climax to murder or permanent disability of there victims.

Your useless love for him won't save you when the true beast in him takes over.

2 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Richy4(m): 9:11am On Jan 11, 2015
dinachi:
What is the cause of the beating? Tell us first! Is your fiancee a drunk? If not can you tell us why he lifts his hands on one he loves? Don't mind all these lesbians and feminists asking you to leave him...they want you to be lonely so they can start sending messages to you...they are after your puccy....they want you to become an unhappy woman so they will drag you to join their feminist ideologies...Now please tell me the scenarios, that way it will be easier for me to advice you.

Sir, no matter what she did, real men don't raise fingers on whom they claim they love or any other woman for that matter.
If her mouth is running like a tap, there are ways to handle such women. Please do not justify what the guy did. It is not cool
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 11, 2015
dovelike:

Well,for one thing,you kind will go to extinction. And...I don't know what you pple call konji,but konji will happen.
so all those women sending nudr pix and those begging courts not to grant their husbands' divorces as they are most importantly sex starved do not know kongi?
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by ArabianPrince: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2015
Desperado....not uncommon with Nigerian women. Beats my imagination how women Co-habit with a man before marriage in the name of love. You can as well enroll in a boxing class....fit for purpose. Gullible fellow arranging marriage with a beast. Dey there.
Please don't quote me.
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 11, 2015
JAVANESE:
Their write-ups always ends with "i still love him". Ar u serious?
na money they mean...even her mom is seeing d cash.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Curiouscat: 9:20am On Jan 11, 2015
dovelike:

Well,for one thing,you kind will go to extinction. And...I don't know what you pple call konji,but konji will happen.

Have you forgotten guys now find their way around Konji? Or you need to be lectured about that?

@op...me wouldnt know what to say ooh but obviously that beating won't stop after the wedding. So,you either choose to live with that til death do you guys apart(that's if you eventually got married) or you just take a walk away now when you can still do with no much embarrassment. Afterall, its your life and it doesn't matter what your friends think or will be thinking.

https://www.nairaland.com/2086042/cheap-affordable-mtn-data-plan

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by chubbypearl(f): 9:32am On Jan 11, 2015
Richy4:
I have to be blunt.

I can't believe you want your obituary to be announced so soon at a tender age just to please your mum.

Anyways I know what I am saying might not make sense but make sure you tell your mum where you will be buried. What you will wear and how many cups of rice that should be cooked on that day etc.

Tell her she should be the chief mourner. Because you did not disgrace the family. You were obedient unto death.
Gbam!you just read my mind and she should not forget to include the upkeep of the children or child she will bring to this world.That means she has to write her will before she signs her marriage certificate.SMH...Things people do for love

3 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by gymnasium(m): 9:38am On Jan 11, 2015
undecided which kind demon posessed husband to be is that o girl better run for dear life c0s expensive gift cant acquire you an expensive body you knw what i mean but for christ sake why the bleep are you living with a man that has not even come to knock at your fathers door let alone paid your bride price shocked hmmmm gals una they try oooo .........service before payment grin grin grin
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by caesaraba(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2015
gidjah:
Why are you all funny about this matter?you call this one a preview?

It's just a preview of greater beatings to come if she makes the mistake of marrying that guy na. Something fundamental has changed on the guy's side, a sudden realization maybe (make I no go further sha).
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by marylandcakes: 9:53am On Jan 11, 2015
@op so sad to hear about your situation.

The decision to stay or leave lies in your hands because at the end of the day it is your life.

Before you make that important choice here are few things to consider:-

- What is your self worth? If you think you are a door mat, then people will wipe their shit stained shoes on you.
-The best part of a relationship is during the courtship this when both partners involved bring out their best sides. Once married then the not so good sides start to pop out of the box. If you are his punching bag during courtship, I hate to think what kind of married life lies ahead.
- It is not very easy to get out of an abusive relationship, especially in Nigeria, also remember not all women come out alive, so if you want to leave in a bodybag it is your choice.

- If you decide to go ahead and marry this person, once there are kids involved then it becomes more complicated. Think of the psychological damage to your future kids, seeing their mum being beaten up by their dad on a regular basis.

- You should count yourself lucky that your future husband to be has shown his violent side before you get married, forget about how long you have been dating, forget about what people will think, forget about starting all over. I get the impression that you are a graduate. What ever choice you make now will decide what kind of future you will have. Don't be afraid to start all over you are still young and alive.

Finally it is you and only you that has to live with it not all these other people including your mum that you are trying to impress or please.

I wish you good luck in what ever you decide.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 11, 2015
I don't know which is better, verbal or physical abuse but you just need to have a quiet time and ask yourself why he beats you often. He's not an animal who just wakes up and starts beating you.try and desist from doing what leads to the abuse and watch him change.
Women get mouth so abeg curtail all you say for peace to reign.
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 11, 2015
Leave the brute before he turns you into a corpse, let alone a punching bag.

Btw, your mum putting his behaviour down to him being a 'man' is absurd.

2 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 11, 2015
3cycle:
I don't know which is better, verbal or physical abuse but you just need to have a quiet time and ask yourself why he beats you often. He's not an animal who just wakes up and starts beating you.try and desist from doing what leads to the abuse and watch him change.
Women get mouth so abeg curtail all you say for peace to reign.
Please also ignore this post and all those alike. Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 11, 2015
Hazardd:
what do you do to him?
Is he a drunker?

If you didnt do anything to him.
Maybe he has became a madman,so run for your life and forget about love
guy you're elashadie58

Why you come dey use this acct troll nawa o
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by MarieSucre(f): 9:58am On Jan 11, 2015
You've been together for seven years and he did not for once exhibit any violence whatsoever. I would not be quick to take the high road here. Communication is key to resolving this. Talk about it with him. Learn to spot the signs of impending violence and learn what triggers them. Read his body language. A person does not change suddenly. There must have been gradual transformation that you were not aware of. Check yourself too. If it still persists... well there are approximately 3 billion men in the world... and you have approximately 1 life.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 11, 2015
1bkaye:

Please also ignore this post and all those alike. Wish you the best.

Are you ok? undecided
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 11, 2015
3cycle:

Are you ok? undecided
Very much so thanks, you?
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by paragwua: 10:10am On Jan 11, 2015
it is always better to support your own.....
lets make the Glo network the best in
Africa... download the Glo unlimited song
by Paul hero.... it is one of the best songs
ever in the history of music making .....A
pure soulful chants and vocals that will
touch your heart... you cant help it but TO
fall in love with the Glo network.make it
viral ... send it to friends. offer links for
downloads ....lets promote our own.... one
Nigeria...it is about oneness .. those in
charge front page Abeg.....YOU can port
right now... Artist
contact..paulheromusic@gmail.com ..Glo
unlimited ....http://
www.datafilehost.com/d/a36dc0f9
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by sonssyo: 10:12am On Jan 11, 2015
frm al indication both of u ar nt xtians, 7yrz for wetin,abeg quit dat so called marriage else u end up in d grave.what a hell,dnt marry out of pity,what people will say

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:19am On Jan 11, 2015
How does love get to that stage when a man turns his lady to a punching bag and she stays on with him hoping he wiLl change? I'm on the side of "slap me, I quite" after giving a mark u will live to remember me by.
Babe, forget about 7yrs with him and think of the rest of ur life as a puching bag and then choose one of them. No noe, not even ur mother can help u if u don't want to use ur head and help urself.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by NobleG1(m): 10:20am On Jan 11, 2015
dabrats:
Hello readers,I recently got engaged to the love of my life. We met in university and have been together for 7 years now. He proposed to me a year ago in September and that was the happiest day of my life. I am finally marrying the man of my dreams. He has been so caring. We have been through so many ups and downs together.Here’s the thing. Our relationship is public. We celebrate each other on Instagram, Facebook and every social network we are on. I have attended so many of my friends weddings and now it is time to celebrate mine. We started planning our 2015 wedding about 3 months ago.In those 3 months, I have fallen down the stairs, hit my head on the wall, slipped on the floor and scratched my body on a rough surface. These are the lies I have been telling to my friends. My whole body has become a punching bag to my fiancé. He has been beating me. These are things I have never experienced before with him. We had gotten into serious arguments in the past but he had never raised his hands against me.My dad is late. I’ve told my mom every time he hit me and she would go over to his house with me and shout at him. He would apologize and do it again. I am tired. My mom keeps advising me not to disgrace the family that he is a man and that’s how men behave. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong that has been ticking him off so much lately.He makes it up to me all the time with expensive gifts but I’m tired.I’m writing this email because he shoved me against the wall last night and the man I was staring at was not the one I have known all these years. He promised me last time that it would never happen again. I was so scared I started crying. He started crying with me and kept apologizing. I love him…

If he beats you continously, then why are you still with him?! He's an abuser!

He's doing this to you now he's not yet your husband, don't you think it would be worst when you finally marry him?

If you don't dump him now, then you deserve what he's doing to you.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by josite: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2015
what is your own
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 11, 2015
NobleG1:

If he beats you continously, then why are you still with him?! He's an abuser!

He's doing this to you now he's not yet your husband, don't you think it would be worst when you finally marries him?

If you don't dump him now, then you deserve what he's doing to you.
preference to cry on a Mercedes.
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2015
op DAT guy needs 2 delivered oooo cos its normal

And on d oda side its might be intentional cos some of we guys can be stupid at times finkin after engagement n marriage we r free

God bless Nigeria
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 11, 2015
1bkaye:
Leave the brute before he turns you into a corpse, let alone a punching bag.

Btw, your mum putting his behaviour down to him being a 'man' is absurd.
grin
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by delishpot: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2015
That is a thank you gift for staying with him through "thick and thin" last time I checked, boys said a woman that surffers with them is treated like a queen embarassed . Its sad

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Spidermon: 10:51am On Jan 11, 2015
gidjah:
Hahahahahoho!you r a pretty stupid boy walahi!is this a funny matter my friend?:-/

I have learnt not to have the slightest concern for women who enter or choose to stay in abusive relationships. If she wants to with Mr. Floyd Mayweather, goodluck to her.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by ojsmscom(m): 10:52am On Jan 11, 2015
those of you beating our women as if they have no value,remember these women are your saviour whenever konji comes.pls and pls again leave them alone so that together with them you can defeat konji
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Kennywills7(m): 10:53am On Jan 11, 2015
Well something is definitely wrong wit e guy which i think its beyond his control dat explains y he cries wit u
For me i think u guyz should pray about it cos one cannot just change just like dat
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=dabrats post=29684253][/quote] in some relationship when one fall in love everyday the other fall out of love. Maybe that's ur relationship problem or the guy feel he have already got u, so no need to pretend for u again. He's already showing is true colour be dat ooo. U can still work out of the relationship ooo #that Jez ma 2 cent 4 u#pls is just frm my own point of view ooo

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Kennywills7(m): 11:03am On Jan 11, 2015
MarieSucre:
You've been together for seven years and he did not for once exhibit any violence whatsoever. I would not be quick to take the high road here. Communication is key to resolving this. Talk about it with him. Learn to spot the signs of impending violence and learn what triggers them. Read his body language. A person does not change suddenly. There must have been gradual transformation that you were not aware of. Check yourself too. If it still persists... well there are approximately 3 billion men in the world... and you have approximately 1 life.
Thanks dear
u nail it
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Sleekyshuga(f): 11:07am On Jan 11, 2015
And you call that LOVE? A man who shoves you to the wall, runs you down the stairs, and turns your body into his punching bag? The word LOVE has gone to the bin..

"A man who hits a lady once will hit her again, and again"..

He worships you with expensive gifts after hitting you? Hmmmmm... I thought your life was worth more than gifts?

You mum says thats how men behaves shocked shocked? A mum actually said this to her own daughter? Wow!!! Please, that's not how men behaves.. @ least, I have a dad angry angry..

Only BEASTS raise their hands to hit a woman.. He has powers + strength, right? Why don't he exercise it on his fellow man undecided undecided? Nonsense angry angry..

But on a 2nd thought, you said he wasn't like this? That's to say, something triggered the change!! Have you checked yourself? What are you not doing right? Have you tried communicating with him? Still, whatever it is, hitting a lady isn't a yard stick to correction..

It's your CHOICE!!! It's your HAPPINESS... It's your DECISION!!! It's for a LIFETIME... You are quite lucky he showed you his bad sides before walking you down the aisle...

"A broken courtship is more honourable than a broken marriage"...

"A broken 7 years of courtship is more honourable than a marriage/lifetime with a woman beater"..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbo Man Showed His Wife Big Breasts & Was Bragging About It(video) / Black Beauties, You Are Beautiful! / 15 Year Old Boy Broke The Internet By Sharing After Sex Pics With His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.