Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) (23880 Views)

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba / Ladies, Ask That Abroad Bobo These Before You Marry Him. / What His Girlfriend Sent When He Asked For Nudes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by chapman11: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2015
My dear, you better sort things out with him before you get married, els he will keep beating you for the rest of your life. No right thinking man would lay a finger on a lady he claims to love.
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by johhnnie(m): 11:08am On Jan 11, 2015
The truth is that reality of marriage life just caught up with guy. you will never know how ready, matured etc a man is until plans for marriage are in view. sincerely, the guy is not ready for this marriage for reasons best known to him. He feels that he is being manipulated into getting married. or may be It's is the op that is forcing this marriage thing on the guy. I believe that the guy in his true mind does not want this marriage at the moment. He fills caged and guilty at thesame time cos of the length of the courtship and doesn't know how to tell u. but bet with me he knows what to tell u but just can't.
See a counsellor

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by classicuju: 11:22am On Jan 11, 2015
They ve manipulated ur lover, he needs prayers n deliverance
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Hazardd(m): 11:27am On Jan 11, 2015
samflexxy:
guy you're elashadie58

Why you come dey use this acct troll nawa o

that account is no more.
This my new account

who is trollingundecided
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by 1destinychild: 11:35am On Jan 11, 2015
Sprintson:
Wat nonesence,tel him 2postpone the wedding for now,most importantly pray coz it mayb induced spiritually.
pray coz it mayb induced spiritually
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Tobiustobius: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2015
Love of my life... Man of my dreams... So caring... Punching bag... Beating me. OK.

I don't know how people stay in such situations. I can understand loving someone through thick and thin, but I draw the line at physical pain. Nothing can make me stay.
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by dinachi(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2015
All these funny people here saying leave him leave him...have you bothered to ask what the problem is...many people are just playing to the gallery! SHE HAS BEEN WITH THIS GUY FOR YEARS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL NOW...What changed? What is she doing wrong to provoke this guy to this extent? Lets be smart about this! Every human being women inclusive have a boiling point that may push even women to violence in a relationship. This lady is the cause of the problem...@ OP say say the truth...What have you done to turn a once loving angel to a hideous devil? You bear part of the blame. What is your part in this wickedness? Are you trying to emasculate him? Speak up lets know how to help! Any one who says once a beater always a beater is like saying once a virgin always a virgin...nothing can be farther from the truth!
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Badgers14: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2015
@Op, your fiance's actions are just an irresponsible way to break up with you. He doesn't want to get married to you but he is not man enough to tell you, its over.

He just want to maltreat you so you could leave on your own and he will cry foul as if he was the victim, oh we were planning our wedding and she left me undecided She's this and that and lo and behold. People will believe him.

You've got choices, stay or leave the relationship. If you chose to stay, watch karate kid, jackie chan movies and Mike Tyson videos on YouTube and fight bk when he hits you or suggest to differ the wedding for few months so you two could see a counsellor because it looks like he is not ready for marriage yet.

5 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by urchbarbie(f): 11:49am On Jan 11, 2015
donnypool:

if your face never be like rihana face in 2009 after chris brown handling, then he never beat you

With this your lying tongue, who nor go beat you?
wat is dis 1 saying. adults are finding solutions and ure saying poo. abeg clear jare undecided

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by tania28(f): 11:54am On Jan 11, 2015
Na ur mama wan follow u stay for the marriage,cos she dry gain for Una relatnship too,so make u no quit abi?if u die put for inside d marriage na she go cry pass.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by temmiebery: 11:55am On Jan 11, 2015
God is good to u ooh. He's already showing u what to expect before u enter his house...u don't need any soothsayer to warn u, run run run...he will continue to beat u and batter u and after he has disfigured u enough, will go for other ladies. It is better to have a broken relationship than broken marriage, or worse death in marriage as a result of physical abuse....Run lady, run...this one no be love matter ooo...infact after he has battered u finish, you sef go hate am....

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by ollygurl: 11:59am On Jan 11, 2015
My dear I will advise, u suspend your wedding, get out of his house and seek God to change your man.from the way u narrated your story, he started hitting you during the short time u started planning your wedding it might be spiritual so pray for him and he should go for deliverance but still live apart. Am a victim I know what it's like to get hit, mine was 4yrs and I scaled through may God help u in Jesus name .
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Shock(m): 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
RUN for your life my dear. RUN!!!!

Don't try to change him. Don't fast and pray and hope he will change. Don't listen to him if he promises to change. Don't hope, just RUN away from him as far as you can.

Pshycos don't change. They never have, they never will.

3 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Originalsly: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hmmm....interesting. Like someone said earlier....this is just the preview....I say the appetizer...when she marries the main course would be served..spiced with hot pepper. The writing is on the wall...clear as day....but I guess she prefers to accept the present beatings and later batterings rather than to tarnish her facebook, twitter and instagram image. But in the end the very friends would condemn her as a fool."Once bitten twice shy"....how many times was this one bitten?

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by raphroye: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
Sprintson:
Wat nonesence,tel him 2postpone the wedding for now,most importantly pray coz it mayb induced spiritually.
U've said it all bro....they shud pray abt d ish, but I don't tink dey shud postpone the wedding
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
go and watch not man enough, the american movie, thank me later,the woman couldn't take the beating anymore then she enrolled for taekwando lesson.and learnt it for a year,the man came back one evening and started beating her for no reason the woman fought back and beat the man.after that they lived happily ever after
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by pomsky: 12:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
kilokeys:

u are
i can cook for myself
and do d needful myself too..
so tell me where u gurls are indispensable?

.....go spend abt year in a male prison, then you will know how indispensable they are.
I don't know why we humans sometimes think we are wiser than God. He who said, "it's NOT
GOOD that man be alone, I WILL MAKE HIM A WOMAN"! But we now say to hell with them?
I wouldn't want to live in an ego dominated world, women bring a softer side to life!
cool

2 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Bigcake: 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
I can't really tell why he acts that way. Maybe he feels he has gotten your nod to marry him, therefore he can do whatever he likes. However, you both need to be prayerful about your marital plans and your fiance's habit. Nothing should make a man beat his wife or fiancee....

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by pomsky: 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
......personally, i think he is wanting to marry you out of guilt. Don't force him.
His sudden change might just be subconscious reactions to being forced to accept what he doesn't really want.
Free him, don't let it be because of d long courtship that he has to marry you. You'll be happy for it later!
I know logic hardly prevails over emotions in matters of the heart, but try and let him be!
If you go ahead, just know you are already aware of some/all of what the future holds, so don't complain later!
May God give you the strength to decide right!

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Chibest2000(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hmm!
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by ezelous: 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
I am sorry but u v to leave him else u regret it. U r lucky DAT d signs r revealed.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by chenor(f): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
dorlapoh20:

Run For Your Dear Life Miss.
please like she said run for your life. Any man that raises his hand on you jokingly or not. He is not meant for you. my dear it is better to call off the wedding now or end up in divorce. A divorce has a high tendency in ruining ur reputation. call off the wedding cus after apologizing to you, he still beats you. He is not ready to change.
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by pomsky: 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ebig22:
go and watch not man enough, the american movie, thank me later,the woman couldn't take the beating anymore then she enrolled for taekwando lesson.and learnt it for a year,the man came back one evening and started beating her for no reason the woman fought back and beat the man.after that they lived happily ever after

.... if after beating the man, he then went to learn kungfu, with judo and aikido, including wrestling? So, after destroying her with his new "skills", what will she then go and learn for them to live happily never after?....ninja assassin? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Beamborla(f): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
"I got Flowers today"

Got Flowers Today

I got flowers today. It wasn't my birthday or any other special day. We had our first argument last night. He said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me. I know he was sorry and didn't mean the things he said. Because I got flowers today.

I got flowers today. It wasn't our anniversary or any other special day. Last night, he threw me into a wall and started to choke me. It seemed like a nightmare. I couldn't believe it was real. I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over. I know he must be sorry Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today. It wasn't Mother's Day or any other special day. Last night, he beat me up again. And it was much worse than all other times. If I leave him, what will I do? How will I take care of my kids? What about money? I' m afraid of him and scared to leave. But I know he must be sorry Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today. Today was a very special day. It was the day of my funeral. Last night he finally killed me. He beat me to death.

If only I had gathered enough courage and strength to leave him, I would not have gotten flowers today.

This poem is dedicated to all the victims and survivors of Domestic Violence.

You ask, why didn't she leave?

I ask, why did he hit?

(I say She's DEAD)

Authour: unknown

I Hope this helps you. In your case you are not married yet... my dear, borrow legs and run for your life

3 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by adewasco19(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
Madam what have you done too....tell us!
Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Estellar: 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
Dey there dey ''love him'' till he kill you.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Ilekeh(f): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
If in 2015 you need advice for this kind of situation, then you're not ready to see 2016.

2 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Ilekeh(f): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
My dad is late. I’ve told my mom every time he hit me and she would go over to his house with me and shout at him. He would apologize and do it again. I am tired. My mom keeps advising me not to disgrace the family that he is a man and that’s how men behave. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong that has been ticking him off so much lately.

Your mother must not be Yoruba.

Cuz almost all Yoruba parents I know would have dragged your azz out of that house by force by fire.

2 Likes

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by snowdrops(m): 1:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
Badgers14:
@Op, your fiance's actions are just an irresponsible way to break up with you. He doesn't want to get married to you but he is not man enough to tell you, its over.

He just want to maltreat you so you could leave on your own and he will cry foul as if he was the victim, oh we were planning our wedding and she left me undecided She's this and that and lo and behold. People will believe him.

You've got choices, stay or leave the relationship. If you chose to stay, watch karate kid, jackie chan movies and Mike Tyson videos on YouTube and fight bk when he hits you or suggest to differ the wedding for few months so you two could see a counsellor because it looks like he is not ready for marriage yet.

Round of applause. Best comment by a mile.

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by coolfredo(m): 1:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
ur mom says that is hw all men behave... that meanx ur dad has been boxing ur mum since even before u whr born n ur own jux started u r here complaing, my frnd keep calm n enjoy cos itx might genetic

1 Like

Re: 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
It's funny how you seem to confuse so many things for love.... Your mum says he's a man? Ask her if your father ever laid hands on her....
There are better men who respect their women... You're not his property .... And you're not his wife yet and he's already beating u blue black....
Is it till you're dead that you'll understand that it's not worth d stress? Are u willing to spend the rest of ur life in perpetual fear of being treated like a she-goat every night because u failed to do the needful? Forget the fact that you e been with him for so long... Why on earth would any sane man raise his hands against a woman?

Get your mind right woman, he doesn't deserve you... You're not a goat and therefore u don't deserve to be treated as one...
Yes you feel u love him but in actual sense your fear is "where will you start from".... Well... Only the living get second chances... You've been pushed down a flight of stairs and you're still saying you Love... ?
My dear, love isn't blind o! She's just got real dark rayban shades on!!! So get your mind right and lay it straight at him... If he touches you again, you're leaving him...
Dont be fooled by the fact that he begs after he beats... He's gonna keep beating and begging .... If u don't come against it now, you're in for a rough marriage... So sweetly, get it right ... Speak sense into his thick skull and if it bounces off, move on with your life, he ain't worth your love....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Always Have To Beg And Beg. Please Advice! / Igbo Man Showed His Wife Big Breasts & Was Bragging About It(video) / Black Beauties, You Are Beautiful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.