Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results (61264 Views)

Dino Melaye's WASC Results Has Three Credits Only - Sahara Reporters / Katsina College Releases Buhari’s WASC Results / So Gen Buhari Has Just A WASC Certificate For Next Month's Election? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by theoctopus: 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sacluxpaint:
I hope you know that WAEC can only issue certificate ONCE, so enough with the certificate saga abeg. There are bigger issues disturbing Nigeria at the moment!

Another APC lie! Why do you folks lie so much? grin grin grin
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
blackandbold:
[s]
ur reasoning is way off point and unredeemably wrong.chaiiiiiiii.....I see comments like yours and I wonder..is this what our educational system is producing now..even as at that u should still add knowlegde outside the four walls of classroom.to virtue..add knowlegde.[/s]

Fool, address the point I raised and if you cannot return to the gutters and play with rats.
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

YOU CAN CHOSE TO BELEVE ANYTHING YOU WANT BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT BUHARI MUST AUTHENTICATE HIS RESULTS FROM CAMBRIDGE IF HE IS TO EVER STAND ANY CHANNCE OF ASCENDING THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAT
You also can choose to believe in whatever you want but the fact remains that Buhari has produce his results, authenticated by his school, confirmed by news media (Premium Times) and accepted by INEC, thus he only not stand a chance but qualify to ASCEND THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAT.
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by dre11(m): 6:05pm On Jan 28, 2015
fritiyo:
[s]i perceive something fishy going under ground wit Cambridge pple n buhari train of lie founders .

just request for ur esteemed certificate n let evry where turn to cool weather.[/s]

And you think a reputable examination body would stoop so low and do what you just say their

Did you think they are like your school here that is skewed and made u skewed your sense of judgement.

Pls do know more about this people and examination body before you begin to speak low of them and out of context
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Felami(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:
All the same, WHERE IS THE CERTIFICATE

And this is a BIG LIE!... from time immemorial, You as a student must pass mathematics before proceeding to any other level, mathematics makes a student's reasoning ability higher, If Buhari really failed maths, Then his IQ level is definitely below average.

I repeat, This is a lie, A whole CAMBRIDGE will say "...don't worry, you can fail mathematics"...Hehehehehehehehehe, I laugh in Swahili, even the English he passed, How is he using it..."kwaraftion"...."A fee cee".... undecided

You have spoken well and the level of your own thinking faculty too is now clear. You only think in one direction. This whole thing happened in 1961 and if your own IQ is perfect, you would understand that Cambridge meant in their response that Mathematics was not compulsory then and not now. Use your brain, ode.

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
orlaryhincah:
Fellow Compatriots, vote your conscience. Don't be manipulated. If your pastor says don't vote for a Muslim, ask him if Daniel served a saint; whether Modeccai did not serve King Ahaseurus and if Joseph was not a prime Minister under Pharaoh. This election is not about North versus South, nor is it Christian versus Muslim. It is about Nigeria and good governance. Don't allow politicians divide us. When they share money, they don't talk about religion. When they want donations from Aliko Dangote, they don't remember he is a Muslim. When they enter an aircraft, they don't ask the religious faith of the pilot. When their bosses are atheists, they don't resign from the job. When an Alhaji gives them contracts, they don't reject it. They and their wives go to Dubai to spend money. Dubai is in United Arab Emirate but they have no problems buying houses in Dubai. But when it comes to politics back home, they say they want to ISLAMISE you. Yet, some of these people were spiritual consultants to Abacha. Vote your conscience. If you want to vote for Jonathan, vote for him based on your conviction that he has performed in your estimation and not because he is a "Christian". If you want to vote for Buhari, vote for him because you feel disenchanted with Jonathan government, not because he is a Muslim. Say NO to bigotry. God bless Nigeria.
#Word
Can you direct this to the Muslims pls. Those Muslims that don't know anything are the one fighting for Buhari not because of the change they want but because he is a Muslim like them. So Pls go tell the Muslims this and stop ranting here.
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
tit:
if buhari can ask katsina protocol college for his result,
then he can ask Cambridge for his result too.
unless the result get comma.

I expected to log in and see his result from Cambridge
I haven't heard anything new yet
That purported result from Cambridge was copied and pasted ,it was very obvious
It had no stamp or signature from Cambridge
Why can't Buhari authorize them to post his result on their website with their seal for all to see
How hard is that

[size=28pt]As at today Jan 28 2015, there is no official result from WAEC or Cambridge on his result
He should contact them to release it
Simple[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by SeverusSnape(m): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
Felami:

You have spoken well and the level of your own thinking faculty too is now clear. You only think in one direction. This whole thing happened in 1961 and if your own IQ is perfect, you would understand that Cambridge meant in their response that Mathematics was not compulsory then and not now. Use your brain, ode.
Use your own brain. Goat

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by HugeMac: 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
Sacluxpaint:
I hope you know that WAEC can only issue certificate ONCE, so enough with the certificate saga abeg. There are bigger issues disturbing Nigeria at the moment!
YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THAT WITHOUT IT , ITS LIKE BUHARI IA WASTING HIS TIME
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Eneze1(f): 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
blackandbold:

its simply because u are ignorant of the fact that certificate is issued just once, not twice....if u request for the release of ur result..u will not be issued another certificate but a statement affirming that u wrote the exam with or withouts the grade been writtem on the paper.a lot of so called literates are not so literate sha.sometimes I wonder the definition of literacy by most people

GBAM, please tell them oo. A lot of them are actually educated illiterates. CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ISSUED TWICE. My cerificates were stolen during a robbery incident, my school authority including NYSC told me point blank "we don't issue certifcates twice" people need to make findings before sounding so ignorant

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
Eneze1:

GBAM, please tell them oo. A lot of them are actually educated illiterates. CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ISSUED TWICE. My cerificates were stolen during a robbery incident, my school authority including NYSC told me point blank "we don't issue certifcates twice" people need to make findings before sounding so ignorant
[size=18pt]
Not so outside of Nigeria
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by ALAYORMII: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:
All the same, WHERE IS THE CERTIFICATE

And this is a BIG LIE!... from time immemorial, You as a student must pass mathematics before proceeding to any other level, mathematics makes a student's reasoning ability higher, If Buhari really failed maths, Then his IQ level is definitely below average.

I repeat, This is a lie, A whole CAMBRIDGE will say "...don't worry, you can fail mathematics"...Hehehehehehehehehe, I laugh in Swahili, even the English he passed, How is he using it..."kwaraftion"...."A fee cee".... undecided

About Him saying kwaraftion and A Fee Cee
its more about his accent than his mastery of English Language. A typical Northerner will pronounce it the same way just like someone from the east will say Lea Madlid instead of Real Madrid
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by mfm04622: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
psucc:
My friend as bat 1961 such gradings did not exist.

What is the big deal there. If Buhari had any result, what stops him from applying for a reissue of the certificate. Why did he applied for the issuance of statement of result from his school and cannot do same to the examiner?

Enough of this hide and seek game. Nigeria is well above 40years and cannot afford to be a fool forever.

You are arguing with those who organised the exams! Wow!!! How can you know more than them?

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by babyfaceafrica: 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
They will say APC hacked into cambridge website again..please let's be serious for once..discuss issues and stop character assasination

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by publicenemy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 28, 2015
dodoniyi:
Let me see what the NAIRALAND MODERATORS will do to this one

they keep deleting topics that are in favour of GEN. BUHARI
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by dre11(m): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
Eluwilussit:
Cambridge Assessment did not state anywhere that Buhari wrote the exam. Neither did they say that Buhari didn't write it. They merely addressed the issue of grading. That on its own, does not absolve Buhari of his responsibilities to the nigerian people.

Buhari should do the honourable thing and clear this issue for good. He appears to be hiding stuff and trying very hard to ride on his popularity in some quarters to scale through this.

Come rain, come shine, every right thinking nigerian now knows that the general who goes about pretending to be an anti-corruption crusader, is a fake. His anti-corruption crusade is a farce. Buhari isn't better than the people he is fighting to change. His inordinate desire to rule us one last time, is very selfish and not for the betterment of the nigerian masses.

Am sure you did know salisu buhari very well
About his Toronto result and how he was disgraced

Did he apply for his certificate before the school authority claimed his result was fake
How long did it take his school to disown the said certificate.

So now..... reason with me, if Buhari doesn't have a result with them, don't you think the exam body would have exposed his lie by saying he was never their student just like it was done to Salisu buhari

These are international examination bodies and won't want their imagine of hundreda years to be dented by just one person certificate/result.

And if you aren't satisfied..... Pls do the honourable thing and go seek redress in court

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
d question remains "BUHARI SHOW US YOUR CERTIFICATE"

WE WANT TU SI UR CERTIFICATE
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Enockia(m): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
sundayokpro:
as a GEJ fan....I will say GEJ n his team should forget abt this cert issue and focus n real issues that affect d average Nigerian citizens.

and who said GEJ was bothered about dis......he'll win come feb 14th anyways
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by TheOtherview: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
Has anyone located GEJ's missing thesis yet? cheesy

Exclusive: So we went looking for the thesis and certificates of Pres. Jonathan & Sambo – this is what we found

As the 14 February, 2015 date for the presidential elections draws closer, supporters and critics of the country’s two major parties, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) have been at loggerheads over the candidates of their respective parties.

In December, it crystallized into a debate over the academic credentials of both candidates, especially those of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

The president’s profile on the State House website reads thus: “He graduated with Second Class Upper honours in 1981. In 1985 and 1995 he studied for his Master’s and Ph.D degrees in Hydrobiology and Fisheries Biology, and Zoology respectively, from the same University.”

This gave him the status of being Nigeria’s most educated President ever. This was until the masses inspired by the increasing influence of social media and improved citizens participation in governance, began to ask questions.

Some began to ask, for a president with issues of eloquence and clarity of thought according to his critics, where was the evidence of his doctorate degree? For one whose campaign team has asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to disqualify his main challenger over the same issue of academic qualifications, wasn’t this being a proverbial case of removing the speck in another’s eyes when a log is embedded in the accuser’s?

It caused so much of a storm; we went in search of the president’s thesis.

Mrs. Victoria Boyo was Head of Department (HOD) of Home Economics at the time when Dr. Jonathan was a lecturer at the Rivers State University of Education confirmed that he was a colleague then. “He was one of those very quiet people who couldn’t hurt a fly,” she recalls. “He hardly participated in even campus politics but as far as his qualifications are concerned, I don’t know anything.”

At the departmental library of the Department of Zoology (now Animal & Environmental Biology), a dedicated two-hour search by two volunteers combing through the shelves, yielded nothing.
The resident librarian, who joined the departmental staff in 2006 says she got to the task of arranging the projects, dissertations and theses of past students at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels as soon as she arrived. “I never once came across the president’s doctoral thesis,” she said, on condition of anonymity.

The catalog in the library was no help as it lists only theses submitted from 2007.

The entire department moved to its present location on third floor of the four-storey building that houses the entire College of Sciences in 1993 from the old Choba Park campus that at present still has the Faculty of Education. While it is possible that many copies of such documents were misplaced in the relocation, Jonathan’s could not have been among the affected ones, as he supposedly submitted it two years later, in 1995.

Another member of staff who wouldn’t want her name in print, mentioned that during an accreditation exercise and inspection tour of the school as recently as 2014, officials of the National Universities’ Commission (NUC) asked to be shown the departmental library. While inside, they asked to see the thesis of Jonathan, the department’s most prominent export ever, but it was unavailable. At the time, she says, a new HOD had just been appointed who claimed not to know the status of the missing document, leaving the NUC officials bewildered.

Interestingly, Jonathan’s Master’s dissertation obtained in 1986 in Hydro-Biology and Fisheries Biology specialization in the same course (Zoology), was also nowhere to be found – even though there are some that date back as far as 1981.

Of course, record-keeping in Nigeria is notoriously poor and many universities are yet to digitize their libraries.

Roseline Konya, professor of pharmacology and toxicology, and one-time Commissioner for Environment under the administration is currently the Dean of Graduate Studies at the university. Back in 1995, she supervised one Asim E. Eno. By virtue of the time of submission, Konya could have also supervised the President if he was a doctorate student then. Attempts to reach her proved abortive as she was “not on seat” when this reporter visited. Mails to her have been unreplied.

“Who you wan put for trouble,” someone in her office said after offering her email address, while refusing to give up her mobile number. “She will never reply you on this matter.”

Below are pictures from the thesis of one Asim E. Eno who also submitted a thesis in 1995, the same year Jonathan supposedly did his too.

The current Head of Department for Animal & Environmental Biology, Professor Florence Nduka, also could not be reached for comments as at the time of publishing this report as she was also “not on seat”.

An official enquiry submitted to the school administration has not been replied.

An extensive search online revealed a conference paper, “Identification of West African Estuarine Shrimp and Crab Larvae” which was co-written by Jonathan, G.E. with Powell, C.B. and Hart, A.I. (1985) on Aquatic Commons, the directory for publications on natural marine, estuarine, brackish and fresh water environments. At this time, the president was still a lowly lecturer in the Department of Biology at the Rivers State College of Education.

In the aforementioned 1985 paper, Jonathan self-references a publication which is in all likelihood, his Master’s dissertation. Titled “Stage 1 larvae of fresh and brackish water decapod crustaceans (excluding Natantlal) of the Niger Delta”, it is however dated 1984, two years earlier than the quoted date which is present in all his official profiles and bios. Further search on Aquatic Commons for the PhD thesis turned up no results whatsoever for the year 1995.

There were a few other conference papers online in the Web of Science journal under the name “G.E. Jonathan”. While it was not possible to determine accurately the identity of the author, they were published in 2003, 2006 and 2010 which would make him (if he were the one) a multitasker and intellectual of the highest order, combining the challenges of governance with the rigours of academic research.

No single academic journal has an online record of his research from 1985 – 1995 when Jonathan should have been very active as an academic scholar, which is why the renewed activity between 2003-2010 when he was in active politics, seems suspect.

“The first person listed is usually the author of the publication and other names are usually those of scholars or senior colleagues in the field, to give the paper weight and attract favourable reviews”, explained the Librarian. ”It is very possible that he did not author those papers.”

Read More
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Jarus(m): 6:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

I wonder how a first class graduate would spend so much energy defending an obvious forgery!!! what on earth is so difficult for Buhari to request from cambridge university the authentications of his results.
ALL THESE BECAUSE OF TRIBAL AND RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS!!! I WEEP FOR NIGERIA.

Because it is not forgery and ignoramuses like you should be enlightened.

And see the Igbo Christian that support their son and brother "Ebele Goodluck" alleging someone of ethnic and religious sentiments.

Is it a coincidence that Igbo people are supporting GEJ, and Ohanaeze officially endorsing him?

Is it a coincidence that pastors have abandoned preaching on Sundays for campaigns against a candidate.

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by mConnekt(m): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
Indeed... this case is becoming more confusing and at the same time more clearer, but my take is..I will urge GMB to formally request for his result from Cambridge and let us clear this mess once and for all.
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by SeverusSnape(m): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2015
ALAYORMII:

About Him saying kwaraftion and A Fee Cee
its more about his accent than his mastery of English Language. A typical Northerner will pronounce it the same way just like someone from the east will say Lea Madlid instead of Real Madrid
THANK YOU SIR...I LIKE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, UNLIKE OTHERS WHO WILL RESORT TO INSULT.

1 Like

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by AlexReports(m): 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2015
BREAKING NEWS: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [Letter Included]
http://www.alexreports.info/2015/01/breaking-news-waec-says-it-has-no.html

Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Jarus:

Because it is not forgery and ignoramuses like you should be enlightened.

And see the Igbo Christian that support their son and brother "Ebele Goodluck" alleging someone of ethnic and religious sentiments.

Is it a coincidence that Igbo people are supporting GEJ, and Ohanaeze officially endorsing him?

Is it a coincidence that pastors have abandoned preaching on Sundays for campaigns against a candidate.

Smh.

IF IT S NOT FORGERY WHAT IS STOPPING THE BIGOT FROM WRITING TO CAMBRIDGE TO AUTHENTICATE HIS RESULTS AND THEREBY PUTTING THIS MATTER TO REST
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by dre11(m): 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
GboyegaD:

Oga, as at 1997, some universities e.g. FUTA and LASU accepts a Pass in English Language for Engineering. In the 90s as well, a Pass in Mathematics is accepted to study Law. You referring him to the 80s for me, seems too far as we might not have many people who went to school in that period to come justify the claim here thus, my reason for giving a much later period.

I understand you
Am just trying to give a later date so no one would argue with me.

Even Lautech still allowed for P7 as at 1995
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by tbaba1234: 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
menesheh:

They never said such! Or i may not know, as for what i read here, no mention of such or still post or highlight the place from the thread

You are correct.
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by sanmibukunmi: 6:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
Why is Cambridge giving details on waec result ..... is cambridge also known as Waec? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by deletrue: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
sundayokpro:
as a GEJ fan....I will say GEJ n his team should forget abt this cert issue and focus n real issues that affect d average Nigerian citizens.
How you dey talk sef? Certificate forgery nor be special issue?
He should apply for it if he is sure to convince Nigerians and besides to enable us compare it with the first forged copy. That is all. My happiness is that the case is in court.
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by blackandbold: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
sonnie10:

Your argument starts on a wrong premise; that he once had the certificate. Can you honestly point to any individual, organisation, association or a professional body that have ever seen this alleged certificate? Because Buhari has always preached integrity, I should swallow what ever he says hook, line and sinker. Funny folks!
read this well:
he said and I quote"my academic qualifications and my credentials as filled in my presidential form are with the military..which of course the military concured until they retracted their statement after somedays for whatsoever 'reason'.in 2007 same thing happened and the credentials and academic qualifications were found intact with the military and now suddenly disappeared. a major general that I know categorically said there is no way one will rise to a level of general without a screening amd re screening of the basics.
besides
it takes an unbiased wise mind to do the rest of the extrapolation...nevertheless one only needs to have a brain to accept the fact that buhari has a result...in whatsoever for folowing the Ministry of kastina education release of the result..stamped with the schools ID with obvious affirmation from Cambridge university and even two living witnesses tgat were in same class of 1961....what more ..
i have been in civil service for a year now....which I applied for with my statement of result..today I successfully applied for a national exam with same statement of result without any hitch
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by oluwagbemiga22(m): 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2015
The issue is beyond all what u guys are saying - this issue is before more than one court now. Even if buhari has the certificate the judge will have to decide if eventhough he has the certificates he is eligible to contest because there is a deadline for submission of certificates with inec - which he hasn't submitted up till now, secondly whether it's a. Case of perjury since he swore an affidavit that is certificates are with the military board and it wasn't found there - if the case of perjury is established then it's 14 years in kirikiri
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Omadachi(m): 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
Wow!What a welcome development.That means his result is authentic.I keep liking GMB each passing day.What a man of integrity.Can't wait to have him as the President of Nigeria.
Re: Cambridge University Provides More Details On Buhari’s WASC Results by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2015
theoctopus:

Another APC lie! Why do you folks lie so much? grin grin grin

My lord?? This is common knowledge now, I hope u r not among the students that failed massively in WAEC. When I tried to scan my certificate one time.The scanner mistakenly jarred off the ink, I went to WAEC to reissue me a new one, they told me that I can only get confirmation but no new certificate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prophet, J.K. Hephzibah: “pray For Buhari, Osinbajo Not To Die In Power” / Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Meet Sunday Dare, Buhari’s 53-Year-Old Minister For Youth & Sports (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.