Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari (63039 Views)

Be Patient With My Government - Buhari Begs ASUU / Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession / Boko Haram: Buhari Vows To Find Missing Chibok Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
daniel9202:
.He never promised immediate returning of chibok girls during campaign.
buh sir, we hope and pray you rescue them and help Nigeria. this is why we voted out the incumbent government. we Hope you implement the slogan wch we kw your great party with..... #change
the whole chibok story is a lie told to Nigerians... To what end I dont know but think.... their names were never in waec files even though it ws stated that they were registered for the exams..... We were lied to....
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Vickygirk(f): 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
my own na sit down dey mope..o,
they called gej the clueless one, who knows the name befitting for this old general people will call him if he continues with this leg he is about to start. my own no go pass sit down dey look
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Justicealh3(m): 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
U are right mr president elect, only GOD can keep is promise, not a common slave man. SAI GMB.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
First was his subtle attempt to beat down his lofty promise to hike Nigeria to eldorado. Now, he is saying he can not promise to rescue those abducted girls. Suave this man.
He should by all means find and rescue those girls... For one, It falls within the ambit of the 'change mantra' he promised before we gave him a spin in the chariot of government. If Jonathan-led administration which needed to be changed couldn't find them, then the 'change administration' must find and rescue them. It's as simple as that.

His ability or inability to find them would certainly serve as a yardstick to Judge his administration.
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
Chibok kidnap: The greatest scam since the amalgamation of 1914.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by synergycom19: 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Call me heartless but personally i believe this chibok girls is a big scam but since it is one of APC main changing campaign points and promises buhari must produce them within two months after he must have crushed boko haram

NO EXCUSES
people like you never knew anything about the north but will open there mouth out of there ignorance
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Bowaley17(m): 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Baba have faith in God. I believe you can do it.
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by anigold(m): 11:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari says his incoming government cannot promise the return of missing Chibok girls but that they would do everything within their power to secure their return. He said this in a statement he released today April 13th to commemorate one year of the girls' abduction. The statement below...

Today is a time to reflect on the pain and suffering of the victims, their friends and families. Our thoughts and prayers, and that of the whole Nigerian Nation, are with you today. I want to assure all of them, and particularly the parents, that when my new Administration takes office at the end of May, we will do everything we can to defeat Boko Haram. We will act differently from the Government we replace: we hear the anguish of our citizens and intend to respond accordingly.
This new approach must also begin with honesty. We do not know if the Chibok girls can be rescued. Their whereabouts remain unknown. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them. But I say to every parent, family member and friend of the children that my Government will do everything in its power to bring them home. What I can pledge, with absolute certainty, is that starting on the first day of my Administration Boko Haram will know the strength of our collective will and commitment to rid this nation of terror, and bring back peace and normalcy to all the affected areas. Boko Haram” means “Western Education is Sinful”. When they are defeated militarily, as they will be, we will ensure our citizens in the affected areas have improved educational opportunities as a direct counterbalance to Boko Haram’s twisted ideology.

In particular we will educate ever more young girls ensuring they are empowered as citizens of Nigeria. Let us use this anniversary to remind each other that the attack on Chibok was an attack on the dreams and aspirations of our young people. We stand united in our pledge to resist terror in Nigeria– not just through military means but also through the power of opportunity and the hope of a better future for all”.
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/i-cant-promise-my-government-will-find.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+/OqshX+(Welcome+to+Linda+Ikeji%27s+Blog)&m=1

Hmmmm its all about the excuse, atleast GEJ did not blame yaradua when he took over.
seems to me APC new slogan is "DONT WORK BLAME PAST LEADERS"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Scholes007:

This man is a useless old man...he has started failing even without being sworn in...stupid old fool
please easy on the baba abeg cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Scholes007(m): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
anigold:

Hmmmm its all about the excuse, atleast GEJ did not blame yaradua when he took over.
seems to me APC new slogan is "DONT WORK BLAME PAST LEADERS"
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by grandstar(m): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Where does Shettima the "chief security officer" (Buhari's words) of the state come in here..didn't he get his fair share of daily reports??

He probably did. How to act on the reports depends on his capabilities and level of authority.

The army is not directly under him who have the power to quash Boko Haram. Its under the presidency.
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
So what now happens to all those his "He Will......" campaign promises? Huh?

#babnowthatyouarethereplsbringbackourchibokg
irls
how do you propose he rescues girls that were never kidnapped in the first place? A fast one was played on Us joor.... I dont believe the chibok story one bit..... I stopped believing it the moment teachers and parents of the supposed girls refused to turn up when called.... I stopped believin it the moment waec denied having names of girls supposedly registered for waec from that school....

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by anigold(m): 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
francizy:
Excuses has started pouring in.

Before election:

I will destroy earth and bring heaven down on earth for only Nigerians to live in

After election:

I can't fromise I will destroy Nigeria and bring USA to Nigeria. Be fatient with me, ebin ip I pail, flease reelect me in 2019 yo wahhhh! grin

that yo wah got my cracking. lol

1 Like

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by aspirebig: 11:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
The world is watching....

Ultimately God is watching.
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Buhari is realistic unlike Gej that waited 6weeks to election to start. One thing Buhari's govt will assure is transparency and integrity. Which is what previous leaders have lacked in the past.
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by francizy(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
anigold:

that yo wah got my cracking. lol

Lmao.. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by anigold(m): 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
paulolee:
hmmmm,.... I always knew dt it wud b a big miracle if u finally bring bk d chiboke gals n was Neva xpectin dt it wud b dt easy bt criousli I dnT xpectin dis fast b sudden change of tune
tot u n ur aides promised bringing bk dose gals doing ur election campaign n now u av won n u av changed d music... its really d season of change
wud still b expecting u to say u Neva promised or said u wud mk one NaiRa equal to a dollar n dt u Neva said u wud stabilize oil prices....
if it's GEJ dt said wat u just said, d apc goons wud say he is clueless, weak n too fragile n here is d xoo called general accepting defeat abT d missing gals even before getting into d presidential seat..
fingers crossed n hopein deY ain't more CHANGES

dude stop writing in short-hand it took me 30 minutes to understand your article.....

Good point thou..
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by hansad: 11:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
dhaewood:
[size=88pt]LAUGHING IN SWAHILI[/size]

Lol, This is just early mo mo - morning - for people of Sai APC, Sai Buhari. Una never see something yet. Na 73 year old man go rescue Naija from all the accumulated decades of problems, and rescue the Chibok girls. You ignored the Fasholas, Oshiomwholes, Okorochas, kwankwasos

The next excuse shall be Jonathan and his group robbed the treasury dry, stole about 500 trillion Naira, kept Nigeria in debt of about 500 trillion Naira - before they left
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by aspirebig: 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
The world is watching....

Ultimately God is watching.

The change that was promised, we all have details of those campaign promises ...
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by tyrone07(m): 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
#noexcuses
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
Chai! Chai! Chai!
He neva enter o,e don dey complain.
Change indeed!
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Scholes007(m): 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:
please easy on the baba abeg cheesy cheesy
Which kind baba be that? ... make in no carry in clueless go spoil the progress wey GEJ done make grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by babestella: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
Caseless:
Thank you my president! Just say it as it is, we don't want lies. you're not jonathan, the father of liars.

Your case have been referred to yaba left and you are still on NL.
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by vincent72: 11:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
Nigerians will regret ever allowing buhari, to come to power. God is going to disgrace apc
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by XBLadez: 11:20pm On Apr 13, 2015
Buhari, just tell us u cooked up the 'missing girls' scandal to rubbish GEJ's tenure.
Abokki, na God go catch u o

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by irishMO123(m): 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari says his incoming government cannot promise the return of missing Chibok girls but that they would do everything within their power to secure their return. He said this in a statement he released today April 13th to commemorate one year of the girls' abduction. The statement below...

Today is a time to reflect on the pain and suffering of the victims, their friends and families. Our thoughts and prayers, and that of the whole Nigerian Nation, are with you today. I want to assure all of them, and particularly the parents, that when my new Administration takes office at the end of May, we will do everything we can to defeat Boko Haram. We will act differently from the Government we replace: we hear the anguish of our citizens and intend to respond accordingly.
This new approach must also begin with honesty. We do not know if the Chibok girls can be rescued. Their whereabouts remain unknown. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them. But I say to every parent, family member and friend of the children that my Government will do everything in its power to bring them home. What I can pledge, with absolute certainty, is that starting on the first day of my Administration Boko Haram will know the strength of our collective will and commitment to rid this nation of terror, and bring back peace and normalcy to all the affected areas. Boko Haram” means “Western Education is Sinful”. When they are defeated militarily, as they will be, we will ensure our citizens in the affected areas have improved educational opportunities as a direct counterbalance to Boko Haram’s twisted ideology.

In particular we will educate ever more young girls ensuring they are empowered as citizens of Nigeria. Let us use this anniversary to remind each other that the attack on Chibok was an attack on the dreams and aspirations of our young people. We stand united in our pledge to resist terror in Nigeria– not just through military means but also through the power of opportunity and the hope of a better future for all”.
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/i-cant-promise-my-government-will-find.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+/OqshX+(Welcome+to+Linda+Ikeji%27s+Blog)&m=1
shoooo....sai baba,u didn't tell us this when u were campaigning na...u don enter finish now u don dey change mouth abi...No just try am #u must provide those girls oo we dnt knw how ure going to do it,even if na make u carry gun enter sambisa forest,sha go find them #SHIKENA
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
Scholes007:
Which kind baba be that? ... make in no carry in clueless go spoil the progress wey GEJ done make grin grin grin grin
Baba has said his mind. We don enta one chance grin grin grin
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
adamskutty:
shaaaaarap u Biafra beast, there is nothing u and ur kind can do about it if he doesnt bring them back.

Is he the one that sent them there before? Go meet ur snort nosed, flat head ugly ijaw ape called jonadaaaft, fvcktard! grin grin grin
His he the one that sent them there? Look at ur statement! U must be a BIG FOOL!
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ghen ghen jackie chan wan stunt
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by XBLadez: 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
This thing is simple. Pa Lanky Certificateless Buhari can't promise to bring back missing Chibok girls because it's an APC scam, but he believes he can put an end to Boko haram because they're his boys
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by smsdigito: 11:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Blackchampion:

oooo ooo oo, u see i said it, gradually they will begin to deny all the campaign promises they made to be able to win One by One. This is just the begining. havent seen anything yet, bhuahahahahahahahah grin
Re: I Can't Promise My Government Will Find Missing Chibok Girls - Buhari by anigold(m): 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
Blackchampion:

You cant change Nigeria with brooms..

Here are Next line of excuses by GMB;
1)I cant equate dollar=Naira
2)I cant improve power sector
3)I cant provide jobs
4) I cant improve security.
5)The past leaders have destroyed Nigeria beyong repair..
6)I cant incease oil prices am not opec..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Obiageli Mazi: Nigerians To Donate Money To Borno Teacher With Governor Zulum / Gombe Man Donates His House To Peter Obi's Labour Party. / Photos Of President Buhari Performing Umrah In Saudi Arabia Get Many Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.