Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,679 members, 7,813,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post (77880 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly / List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Bluffly: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Ok oh...Prof of Law my foot, if Architect Sambo can be in security meeting presided by GEJ, i wonder why Prof shouldn't be allowed irrespective of who brought him in as VP.

Don't mind them, they think Nigerians are dummies
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Elmasu: 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
They(yORUBAS) know they re always bn USED by my lovely hausa brothers, but stil they always think they re d most academical and intelligent tribe. And right now is also very obvious dat d DUMPING is already on. Lol..
IGBOS stil never get brain too 2 start investing in South east!! Politics isn't dat cool.

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by klax(m): 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
God of heaven this is serious. Honestly my prediction are coming to pass this is one of the things I said will happen I knew Osibanjo or Osibande or Osubandict will ends up be nobody in this set up here we are again because how can you say the VP can't be trusted this is an insult to the VP this simply means he is already a gonner and irrelevant in scheme of things.

Let me shout apc again apc! apc!! apc!!! una see una life A party whose president that has just spend less than 2 weeks in power can not even trust the VP. A party that can not accept Saraki as senate president due to lack of trust. I have said it and will say it over again Nigeria has not seen anything yet. They want change and they have got it, let the game goes on.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by olutunde12(m): 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=dandoki post=34661567]Buhari's body language has been saying a lot of things that would ultimately militate against the success of his administration. First is that in the midst of party politics he is for everyone and for nobody. He is therefore visibly trying to distannce himself from the party that brought him to power. Secondly he would not be involved in determining the who emerges as leaders of the national assembly and in the process of this non partisanship has created a whole load of

You mean he is distancing himself from Tinubu and will run to Tinubu....
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by zizazizu: 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Ok oh...Prof of Law my foot, if Architect Sambo can be in security meeting presided by GEJ, i wonder why Prof shouldn't be allowed irrespective of who brought him in as VP.

Sambo was a governor before being made vp. He has already go through military clearance, unlike Osibanjo, who is more or less a complete civilian.

Military don't trust civilians.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by skyblaise(m): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/11/exclusive-why-osinbajo-cannot-be-part-of-buharis-security-meetings-for-now/

Was jonathan and sambo a military wen dey attend security meetings D fact is dat this APC ppl has a big Skeleton in their curbed
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by olutunde12(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=oboman post=34660609]The excuses given doesn't add up. When Osama bin Laden's compound was raided by the U.S. SEALS, it wasn't just Obama that was present but his Vice and secretary of State( Hilary Clinton) at the situation room. If he can't be trusted with security information, why was he made a Vice President? He looks articulate to me based on what I have seen so far, so operations on Boko Haram shouldn't make him lose his appetite.
I would have preferred Fashola as vice but Nigerians'

There is no question of competence here. Only muslims are competent about. hypocrite!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by major466(m): 2:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

This response answers it.

So if he was not invited, how was he shut out ?
Did he get to the door of a meeting he was not invited to and was bounced expectedly ?

My stance remains, if he is prevented from attending a FEC meeting, do call me until then keep helping these dying news papers to sell the market

Your agument that the vice president have to be invited to security meetings before participating is error. I know there are instances were a vice president may not be privy to every vital security informations in some climes. However, the office of vice president is entitled to attend security council meetings as second in command of the federal republic. That is the privilage attached to that office. Anything contrary only shows that Buhari does'nt trust his vice. There will never be hermonious working relationship bettween them if one party is suspicious of the other.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Kzealz(m): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
No disrespect::: but the west has been fooled for long::: dont underestimate d wisdom of the northerners::: dats y tins doznt really work out with them n easterners:: because thats anoda set of wise ppl::: now d west are crying:: the north used them to achieve presidency::: the north still used east to disorganize the plans of the west to impose powor on NAS living them to fight within themselves
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by klax(m): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Bluffly:

Don't mind them, they think Nigerians are dummies

Is it their fault No just check how the prof came on board don't you know to blend this word and opposite people together will not work VP was single handedly picked by one man and that same man finger all over Senate choice, House of Rep choice Bro Nigeria are not dummies that is it pls sit back and take a good look you will understand their anger.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

His loyalty to his political godfather is his bane, hence the distrust.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by olutunde12(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
skyblaise:

Was jonathan and sambo a military wen dey attend security meetings D fact is dat this APC ppl has a big Skeleton in their curbed

Chai, is this German or English? Well, idea is need.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatriot(m): 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
major466:

Your agument that the vice president have to be invited to security meetings before participating is error. I know there are instances were a vice president may not be privy to every vital security informations in some climes. However, the office of vice president is entitled to attend security council meetings as second in command of the federal republic. That is the privilage attached to that office. Anything contrary only shows that Buhari does'nt trust his vice. There will never be hermonious working relationship bettween them if one party is suspicious of the other.

Suspicion only exist in the minds of mischief makers. No one is suppose to read meanings to his absence at a security meeting if mischief makers did not spin a yarn to it. There is no evidence to show that Atiku, GEJ or Sambo attended all the security meetings held ever held.

That Osinbanjo has not attended any meeting thus far does not mean he will never attend. Moreover he has not complained to you or Tinubu that a lot of people claim to be his oga so why cry wolf?

Look at this issue critically, what use is it if Tinubu gets to hear about security related information that the press will release the info anyway. So why prevent the V.P from attending so that it does not get to Tinubu if the outcome will still come. Tinubu is more concerned with political meetings that PMB attends that have direct influence on his position, so weda VP attends security meeting or not does not add or reduce Tinubu's influence. If Osinbanjo is going to be a spy, it will be on political matters, alliances and contracts not security meeting.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dollyak:
Why make him VP when they couldn't trust him? Sounds too dodgy man. Probabaly making sure he will conform to their corrupt practices before letting him in.

Do this politicians think they are talking to fools? What can he see or discuss that the Vp shouldn't hear/see? Most of the rulers from the developed world are from posh family, so i fail to see his points.

The point they raised at the end of the report is the VP's loyalty to his political godfather. They fear that he may divulge sensitive and classified intelligence to his master in the spirit of his known age long loyalty to the man.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by adconline(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=olutunde12 post=34661839][/quote]
Stop insulting our collective intelligence. VP is legally required to be in any security meeting.

Functions of the Vice-President of NigeriaEdit

The executive functions of the Nigerian vice president includes participation in all cabinet meetings and, by statute, membership in the National Security Council, the National Defence Council, Federal Executive Council, and the Chairman of National Economic Council. Although the vice president may take an active role in establishing policy in the Executive Branch by serving on such committees and councils, the relative power of the Nigerian vice president's office depends upon the duties delegated by the president.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_Nigeria#Functions_of_the_Vice-President_of_Nigeria
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Bizibi(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
PointB:

lol,

Commissioner is given, VP is earned! cheesy grin

lwkmd
hahaha...yea
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatriot(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
joeboy03:

The point they raised at the end of the report is the VP's loyalty to his political godfather. They fear that he may divulge sensitive and classified intelligence to his master in the spirit of his known age long loyalty to the man.

What use is a security meeting info to his political god father. If Osinbanjo is going to be a spy, it will be on political matters, alliances and contracts not security meeting.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by adconline(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
Stop insulting our collective intelligence. VP is legally required to be in any security meeting.

Functions of the Vice-President of NigeriaEdit

The executive functions of the Nigerian vice president includes participation in all cabinet meetings and, by statute, membership in the National Security Council, the National Defence Council, Federal Executive Council, and the Chairman of National Economic Council. Although the vice president may take an active role in establishing policy in the Executive Branch by serving on such committees and councils, the relative power of the Nigerian vice president's office depends upon the duties delegated by the president.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_Nigeria#Functions_of_the_Vice-President_of_Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by DropShot: 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
VickyRotex:

Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification.
My pleasure.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by putin3: 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Honorable commissioner of aso rock. This is still stupidity tinubu will be disgrace soon even buhari didn't trust him that's why he don't give vp access shame to APC,
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Winning123: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
pistol:
I have not laughed so hard in my life before.
This Mere commisioner don suffer I swear.
He will have to put him through simulation indeed.
I will advise him to resign now with his head held high.

May God forgive you for calling the man mere commissioner. I hope you know is a chosen and may you not end up with the same way the man who was alleged to have made the statement. Funny enough the man has debunked it
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by eby35(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hey, op u can lie ooooo
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by putin3: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
That's why saraki cal him commissioner
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by kingslly(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
I dey shake ma Head for Naija, its so obvious that the main issue here is trust.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

What use is a security meeting info to his political god father. If Osinbanjo is going to be a spy, it will be on political matters, alliances and contracts not security meeting.

Security info and intelligence is of inestimable importance in any country of the world. Those who must be privy to these information must be adequately vetted and trusted.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by eby35(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Winning123:

May God forgive you for calling the man mere commissioner. I hope you know is a chosen and may you not end up with the same way the man who was alleged to have made the statement. Funny enough the man has debunked it

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by major466(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

Suspicion only exist in the minds of mischief makers. No one is suppose to read meanings to his absence at a security meeting if mischief makers did not spin a yarn to it. There is no evidence to show that Atiku, GEJ or Sambo attended all the security meetings held ever held.

That Osinbanjo has not attended any meeting thus far does not mean he will never attend. Moreover he has not complained to you or Tinubu that a lot of people claim to be his oga so why cry wolf?

Look at this issue critically, what use is it if Tinubu gets to hear about security related information that the press will release the info anyway. So why prevent the V.P from attending so that it does not get to Tinubu if the outcome will still come. Tinubu is more concerned with political meetings that PMB attends that have direct influence on his position, so weda VP attends security meeting or not does not add or reduce Tinubu's influence. If Osinbanjo is going to be a spy, it will be on political matters, alliances and contracts not security meeting.
Time will tell.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatriot(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
joeboy03:

Security info and intelligence is of inestimable importance in any country of the world. Those who must be privy to these information must be adequately vetted and trusted.

I agree with you on this. But it des not tally with part of the explanation from the article that the VP may divulge such info to his political god father.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

According to them, they aren't comfortable with him yet until after stimulation when they deem him trustworthy. Primarily, this is as a result of his known loyalty to Asiwaju
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by dammytosh: 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
olutunde12:
Yes. But you believed and commented on all their fabricated news until buhari took over! Hippoptamus oh sorry, hypocrite!

I believed ALL ?

That says a lot about your capacity to reason. Learn to quote properly next time. Check your original post, it is messed up.

Have a good day.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by pansophist(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
cc:sukkot
We must understand the fact that Osinbajo was a candidate promoted by Bola Tinubu (ex-Lagos Governor), he was not handpicked by Buhari.

If the President had picked a vice, it is likely that such individual may get the access Osinbajo isn’t getting now.

Everyone knows the VP has been loyal to Tinubu for decades and he cannot swear that he would not divulge details of these security meetings to his political godfather

This excerpt sumarized all conundrums.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by nefertitiram: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

So new Governor frm affected Boko Haram states working with this same security chiefs are all stimulated?

I don't think the reason for shorting him out for now is contained in that article up there.

Abi? I am drawing inference from the reasons they gave in the article

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Laetitia Naankang Dagan's Last Moments On Social Media / IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) / Gunshots As Hoodlums Loot Dogara’s House In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.