Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,691 members, 7,813,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post (77882 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly / List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

Easy now, he's an elected VP who won the mandate of d people and not a commissioner like u keep calling him, every strong politician starting frm d bottom same as Buhari, he has paid his dues, so let leave d commissioner status behind and address him as d VP which he's truly his.

Osinbanjo has no political clout!!1 He s meer a puppet in Tinubu's hand.Untill he becomes a man of his own,he will have no respect

6 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by unclejb2(m): 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
buhari and his northern cabal are yet to unfold their agenda for nigeria. Imagine a VP who will assume office if or when buhari dies is barred from attending national security meetings. I weep for Nigeria
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatatafo(m): 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Maybe sambo was even leaking the info to BH, I won't be surprised.
Reading from the article, I'm seeing Osinbajo as a pastor, teacher, Lawyer, not a soldier. Would he have the belly for such military warfare? Bombing, slaughtering, beheading, digging mass graves, those terrible things soldiers have to get involved in to win a war?

Osinbajo needs STIMULATION! Meaning, watch some William Wallace, Tour of Duty, Idi Amin and Jerry Rawlings documentary to understand the need for some decisions taken without being emotional about it.
You think Osinbajo will not break down in tears if Sambisa forest is blown up with 500 people inside? After all, he is only human!

He will break down. Buhari needs to take him to the bush and let boys beat him to harden him. Take him on helicopter, fly to a height and pretend to push him from the sky to hardened his mind. Rubbish.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Uncletony(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
brize:
He is a kid na

Guy how i go tek get dis reporting photo?!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 2n2k(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
It depends on what the meetings are termed as. If they are there to brief the president, I don't think his presence us required. In the past, we have seen how service chiefs were reported to have gone to the villa to have meeting with GEJ. No mention was made of Sambo being present. There is even one of the gates into the villa called Service Chiefs gate.

But if it is a proper National Defence Council or National Security Council meetings which the Vice President is constitutionally the vice chairman, then there is cause for alarm.

The attendance that I have seen on television do not qualify for any of the two constitutional created councils. The NSA and IGP attended the first meeting but these two are not members of the National Defence Council. While the two are members of the National Security Council, the service chiefs (except the Chief of Defence Staff) that attended the meeting are not members of the security council.

So, the attendance at the meetings so far is amorphous and can qualify as presidential briefings which the Vice-President IS NOT entitled to. There is no office of Deputy Commander-in-Chief. Even if the president cannot function now, the VP must be invested and sworn in as Acting President before he can exercise the powers of C-in-C. It is not automatic.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
PStacks:
Crazy and sickening!

Did Nnamadi Sambo or Goodluck Jonathan have Security experience prior to becoming President and vice?

What's all dis crap talk Osinbajo is a professor of Law?

What's all dis nonsense playing out..
Anyone associated with Tinubu must be weeded out. GEJ is on teleconference and making recommendations. That's what's up.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by unclejb2(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Osinbanjo has no political clout!!1 He s meer a puppet in Tinubu's hand.Untill he becomes a man of his own,he will have no respect
but he was accepted by Apc and voted for alongside Buhari. what nonsense are u talking about.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by atlwireles: 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
babadem2much:
THE VP DOSN'T ATTEND SECURITY MEETINGS UNLESS IF THE C IN C ASK HIM TO DO SO IN HIS ABSENCE.

HAVE YOU SEEN VP SAMBO OR VP ATIKU EX HOLDING SECURITY MEETINGS?
THE ANSWER IS NO
MY OBSERVATIONS:

Atiku I don't know, but Sambo was front and center in Jonathan's meetings. Even when the president was not around he led the meetings.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by zomby(m): 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
This is so simply because Osinbajo is currently seen as Tinubu's boy boy. But I believe with time Osinbajo will discover the best strategy to push Tinubu aside and focus on working with his new boss and getting this country back to where we want to be.

Furthermore, we must not forget that Buhari is not only a clever leader, but also a former military leader who knows 1 or 2 things about the importance of security intelligence. Osinbajo has no choice but to earn Buhari's trust.

All will surely come together as soon as Tinubu is completely blocked from the involvements of this administration day to day operation....This has already started and will be completed very soon.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by sukkot: 1:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
[b]one of my prophesies coming to pass. i said buhari was going to win and that he was going to turn against all those who elected him and arrest them all and lock them up for corruption including jagaban. it is coming to past. and all these ndigbo rascals shouting about playing second fiddle to hausa, at least we are playing second fiddle, but you guys are not even in the race. you are non-existent. better to play second fiddle than to be a nonentity. anyway so the reason the VP is not looked favorably upon by buhari is because he is part of what buhari views as a recipient of corruption. he is a jagaban boy. this is not tribal. i am sure he will be happy to have a neutral yoruba man like he did with idiagbon. and i am sure he is yearning for fashola to be his right hand man. so watch buhari turn around and arrest everybody on top. this is why he is colluding with chad niger and the british. those will be his regional and international firepower when he is ready to take down jagaban babangida obasanjo goodluck and all the corrupt kleptocrats we have had who are still alive. in fact i think he is going to put a clamp on all the banks and then change the nigerian money. then anyone who comes in to change over a certain amount to the new currency will be locked up. you guys dont know buhari like i know that nigga. with all these international visits what he is doing is encircling all the prey in nigeria. he is tightening the noose slowly around their necks [/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by brize(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
Uncletony:

Guy how i go tek get dis reporting photo?!
click on it and download it na, or you give me your number, whatsapp tins

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by scachy(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
With d way this have been going since prime time of Buhari's administration,

To the poor masses... Please fasten ur seat belt, nothing ll be a surprise again.

To Osibanjo...I see 2nd coming of OBJ /Atiku Relationship between u n Buhari, pray hard!!

To Tinubu... De said u ll laugh last but I said u ll regret at last

To the Yorubas... A hard lesson(s)awaits

To the Hausas...Enjoy y it lasts

To d Igbos... Undecided

I bring it down with clean mind.
God bless PMB
God bless FR of Nigeria
God bless d poor masses( d suffer don too much.)
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by DropShot: 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
VickyRotex:

Yea I know so.

Of course it can't be ruled out, but my question still stands, why did he allow someone he cant trust, pick a VP to run with him?

It's all good, this doesn't mean I dont trust PMB to fulfil his promises. I trust him!
Buhari didn't have absolute control over who became his VP given how APC was formed. The then ACN represented by Tinubu had to supply the VP slot as it were.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by bayusdipe(m): 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
I for see all this happening, they just don't want all those loyal to tinubu
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

Maybe he is, but this article does not prove anything. It simply wants to create rancor.
On the contary this article proves that osunbade is a wingless commissioner

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by stevecantrell: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Maybe sambo was even leaking the info to BH, I won't be surprised.
Reading from the article, I'm seeing Osinbajo as a pastor, teacher, Lawyer, not a soldier. Would he have the belly for such military warfare? Bombing, slaughtering, beheading, digging mass graves, those terrible things soldiers have to get involved in to win a war?

Osinbajo needs STIMULATION! Meaning, watch some William Wallace, Tour of Duty, Idi Amin and Jerry Rawlings documentary to understand the need for some decisions taken without being emotional about it.
You think Osinbajo will not break down in tears if Sambisa forest is blown up with 500 people inside? After all, he is only human!

Lol ! So how did Jonathan cope ?
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by preetyb(f): 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Is the vp complaining?
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:

Easy now, he's an elected VP who won the mandate of d people and not a commissioner like u keep calling him, every strong politician starting frm d bottom same as Buhari, he has paid his dues, so let leave d commissioner status behind and address him as d VP which he's truly his.
Saraki called him a commissioner and this article proved it

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Forwetinnah: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatatafo:

He will break down. Buhari needs to take him to the bush and let boys beat him to harden him. Take him on helicopter, fly to a height and pretend to push him from the sky to hardened his mind. Rubbish.

gringringringringringrin

Just don't mind these APC people consoling themselves. Telling us a hardened criminal who has been stealing for Tinubu from time immemorial will break down.? In fact let me start breaking down on Osunbade's behalf cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by ideylaff: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Who wrote this rubbish.

What images are they showing that is not online via the web, sure this isn't the reason

He just happens to have never bn invited yet. Simple

I know very well Prof Osinbajo is daily working round the clock with the foundation of the economic, social , health and infrastructural plan the government will rest it's kick off on

I have bn to a few, the man is very busy

He's bn invited but it's more a double sate of labour when he's busy round the clock dissecting most of the Shaby handover notes Jonathan team left behind .

That is more the reaso.

I am sure Shehu Garba the Presidents spokesman will speak on this sometime soon to save Professor Osinbajo an embarrassment a paper like this could cause to his office

Most of the people on this thread keep saying Prof is an ordinary commissioner, don't really know what Prof has done and achieved in his lifetime.

Just to let you know the man has bn part of the people that put the legal framework around EFCC, ICPC, Power Regulation and BPE to name a few.

Let's show him some respect please
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Dee60: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
[size=20pt]Silly talk. Why should the President and VP sit in the same meetings. That is waste of resources. The VP should be engaged in real work instead of going around with PMB! [/size]
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by PrinceVictorE(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Stupid lame excuse
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
preetyb:
Is the vp complaining?
How can a slave complain

4 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by ocelot2006(m): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
TOTAL HORSE CRAP!! Who's this so-called security source?! The VP by right is a member of the National Security Council, hence the need for him to be in all these sittings. So shat happens when the president is incapacitated or unavailable? If this is how security issues are going to be run under GMB's watch, then we have a major problem.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Mezuzah(m): 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
'Once have i heard,twice has it been said that POWER belongs to God.'-The Bible.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
obailala:
But what is all these noise about Osinbajo attending security meetings?... The last time i checked, Buhari was the Commander in Chief and not Osinbajo.

Was Namadi Sambo allowed into security meetings?
Was Atiku Abubakar involved in the security meetings organised by OBJ?

Why is this trend suddendly becoming news under this dispensation?

Yes they were allowed into security meetings, as a matter of fact, Sambo once summoned a security meeting in the absence of Jonathan. It is a very terrible thing that a president doesn't trust his vice on vital information at this early stage of their administration

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/92881/1/vp-security-chiefs-in-emergency-meeting.html (Security meeting chaired by Sambo in 2012)

http://www.ntanews24.tv/News/Africa/2014%20folder/APRIL/April17/President%20Jonathan%20Summons%20Security%20Meeting.html (Sambo invited to a security meeting)

What is even more worrisome is that Col. Hamid Ali, neither elected nor appointed, is trusted to be in the security meeting while elected VP is sidelined!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by obinto: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
All the signs of tinubu's bad hand. U picked a vp based on his loyalty to u, what do u expect?. Osinbanjo will be the most ill treated vp in Nigeria’s history. It has started and it gets worse.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by corkpikin(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
2n2k:
It depends on what the meetings are termed as. If they are there to brief the president, I don't think his presence us required. In the past, we have seen how service chiefs were reported to have gone to the villa to have meeting with GEJ. No mention was made of Sambo being present. There is even one of the gates into the villa called Service Chiefs gate.

But if it is a proper National Defence Council or National Security Council meetings which the Vice President is constitutionally the vice chairman, then there is cause for alarm.

The attendance that I have seen on television do not qualify for any of the two constitutional created councils. The NSA and IGP attended the first meeting but these two are not members of the National Defence Council. While the two are members of the National Security Council, the service chiefs (except the Chief of Defence Staff) that attended the meeting are not members of the security council.

So, the attendance at the meetings so far is amorphous and can qualify as presidential briefings which the Vice-President IS NOT entitled to. There is no office of Deputy Commander-in-Chief. Even if the president cannot function now, the VP must be invested and sworn in as Acting President before he can exercise the powers of C-in-C. It is not automatic.

80gram 21k Gold for you cheesy
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
unclejb2:
but he was accepted by Apc and voted for alongside Buhari. what nonsense are u talking about.

they only needed him to get "sophisticated" votes.He has served his purpose,now the abokis have achieved their aim,trhey don't have any use for him anymore.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by PassingShot(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
brownlord1:

I hope Omenka and Passingshot can stfu and stop accusing the news site that broke this news
So, how does the news make your day?

Small mind! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Olagold(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
What nonsense! Did GEJ had a millitary background? So if Osinbajo is the president, they will lock him out of their meeting.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by atlwireles: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
ocelot2006:
TOTAL HORSE CRAP!! Who's this so-called security source?! The VP by right is a member of the National Security Council, hence the need for him to be in all these sittings. So shat happens when the president is incapacitated or unavailable? If this is how security issues are going to be run under GMB's watch, then we have a major issues.

Remember this was the same position Jonathan found himself under Yaradua. The main actor in that drama is currently leading Buhari's National security team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Laetitia Naankang Dagan's Last Moments On Social Media / IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) / Gunshots As Hoodlums Loot Dogara’s House In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.