Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post (77890 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly / List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by kulrunsman79(m): 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hahahaha, this is just the beginning of more dishonor to come d way of VP.
The reasons are completely unreasonable.
The marriage is obviously without true love.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
NairaQuest:
Once a dictator always a dictator. Buhari lied to Nigerians that he is a reformed democrat but his dictatorial tendencies are showing up. He should realize that the VP is only a heart beat way from being the president and should therefore be in the know of all that needs to be known about Nigeria

Whatever gave you the impression that the North will allow another "doctrine of necessity" in any event lied to you. The latter is why they are strategically positioning themselves for any eventuality. Just know that should anything happen to Buhari, you either renegotiate the structure or this democratic dispensation is done with. Neophytes. grin grin
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Forwetinnah: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
Billyonaire:

Anyone associated with Tinubu must be weeded out. GEJ is on teleconference and making recommendations. That's what's up.

Gbam!!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatriot(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ohammadike:
On the contary this article proves that osunbade is a wingless commissioner

Using fabrications? So Buhari suddenly got drunk and told people those things written in that article. Haba bros, you know in your hearts of hearts that it does not add up, enjoy the fun you derive from it then.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
The excuses given doesn't add up. When Osama bin Laden's compound was raided by the U.S. SEALS, it wasn't just Obama that was present but his Vice and secretary of State( Hilary Clinton) at the situation room. If he can't be trusted with security information, why was he made a Vice President? He looks articulate to me based on what I have seen so far, so operations on Boko Haram shouldn't make him lose his appetite.
I would have preferred Fashola as vice but Nigerians' fear of a Muslim/Muslim ticket takes preference over competence!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by karpentar: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/11/exclusive-why-osinbajo-cannot-be-part-of-buharis-security-meetings-for-now/

Rubbish excuse. What if Buhari dies, won't Osubanjo become president? Then, he won't lose appetite again, after seeing footages?
Tinubu and the rest of south west has been used and dumped. Period!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by nationwide1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Ok oh...Prof of Law my foot, if Architect Sambo can be in security meeting presided by GEJ, i wonder why Prof shouldn't be allowed irrespective of who brought him in as VP.

My brother, this is unbelievable.
Peradventure anything happens to Buhari today ( God forbid), and the Prof acts in capacity of president, will they still keep the information from him?

I'm reading so many meanings into this but let me hold my peace for now.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by nefertitiram: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
stevecantrell:

Lol ! So how did Jonathan cope ?

That is why Jonathan had no progress with BH. Hard military decisions were not taken by him, he didn't even know what to do.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Bants(m): 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
APC is bringing change dont throw stones if u live a glass house
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

Using fabrications? So Buhari suddenly got drunk and told people those things written in that article. Haba bros, you know in your hearts of hearts that it does not add up, enjoy the fun you derive from it then.
Mr man everything there adds perfectly up.They didnt get their words from buhari rather a credible source

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by buchilino(m): 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
brooklyn49:

..to the bottom sir...

those security chiefs can ask buhari to excuse his VP cos he's "a mere commissioner" ...anytin else?

my brother dont mind d buffoon, doubt if he went 2 primary school
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by iykedare(m): 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
bukatyne:
If this is true then there is a huge problem if the VP has to 'prove' himself trustworthy.

How was he selected then

Any house built on lies and falsehood will not stand.

APC has achieved their goal of sweeping PDP out of Aso Rock, they are now confused on what to do with themselves. undecided

Apc has shown that they aren't capable of leading us.

These apc guys are clowns.

Silly news about them every single day.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by VickyRotex(f): 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
DropShot:

Buhari didn't have absolute control over who became his VP given how APC was formed. The then ACN represented by Tinubu had to supply the VP slot as it were.

Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

“Look, I have watched some footages that if the
VP gets to see, he would lose appetite for days.
“Now, we have someone who has been in luxury
virtually all his life, attaining the position of VP
and some people are clamouring for his presence
in highly sensitive talks.
“The truth is that the military hierarchy would not
even feel comfortable saying some things in his
presence.
“I can tell you that they respect Prof Osinbajo as
VP, but they cannot trust him with information
yet.”
“You cannot compare him to Buhari who served
in many military roles, chased away a militia that
was threatening Nigeria security, overthrew a
military government, became Head of State,
fought corruption and went ahead to instill
discipline among a stubborn citizenry

BULL-SHIT! why then was he elected? to give sympathy or for proper and holistic governance?
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by buchilino(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ohammadike:
He is a commissioner naaa

bahahahahaha grin, dis my naija people una wicked no be small
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Adminisher: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
luvinhubby:
wow!
Nigeria is in a deep something!
A VP that cannot be trusted by his principal with vital information because he is concerned about his loyalty & competence speaks volumes about the marriage of strange bedfellows ruling Nigeria.

My sincere prayer is that APC will not plunge Nigeria into the anarchy that GEJ averted for us IJN.

I have rated this post on a BS scale. It ranks 8 out of 10.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by IYANGBALI: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
Honestly I do not see any big deal in this whole thing,some people are only trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. If that is what it will take to win the war against BH so be it jo
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
Adminisher:

I have rated this post on a BS scale. It ranks 8 out of 10.
Shet! punchline of the decade
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by conyema12(m): 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Oshinbade sorry Osibanjo is Asiwajus stooge, he may leak vital information, This I think is what PMB is avoiding. He wants to completely dissociate with him. I think Bola Tinubu has his personal agenda quite different from that of baba.

Baba is only looking over his shoulders.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatriot(m): 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ohammadike:
Mr man everything there adds perfectly up.They didnt get their words from buhari rather a credible source

NO P, enjoy the fun you derive from such fabrications then while the nation moves forward.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Algebra12:
These are really irrelevant excuses.
So if the President were a complete civilian, he wouldn't have been allowed to such meetings?

I believe the reason for his exclusion is not contained in this silly excuse.
But whatever that is, it had better be for the good of the nation.
on a normal day I don't even think that man is qualified to be VP of this strong nation. If not the curruption we have in this country our leaders must undergo millitary trainings and orientation before been qualified to lead.

There are tasks an ordinary man can't do but a millitary mind can do for the purpose of moving a nation. America is a stronng nation because of the daring decisions they have taken.

I don't understand ur reason for ur own comment but u can't compare an [b]ordinary commissioner[b/] with a retired millitary general who understands sensitivity in the security of an agency, not to talk of a nation as a whole.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by TheAdvocate(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Is that why they refused to divulged security information to GEJ?

If its because he may throw up, they should provide a bowl and towel for him. grin
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by dammytosh: 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Keep
IYANGBALI:
Honestly I do not see any big deal in this whole thing,some people are only trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. If that is what it will take to win the war against BH so be it jo

Don't mind the m0r0ns who will rather tribalize everything at the expense of applying common sense.

Must Osinbajo be invited for every meeting Buhari attend ?

So if he was not invited, how was he shut out ?

Did he get to the door of a meeting he was not invited to and was bounced expectedly ?

and when this useless journalist says 'anonymous source' when reporting, don;t trut them. They can cook anything from their room.

Presidency sauce ko, presidency pepper soup ni.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by nationwide1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

Which security meeting did the ghost worker (Sambo) attend?

In this government, there is division of labour, Osinbajo may have been attending to other issues.
Did you read article at all?
If you read you wouldn't have mentioned division of labour here.
Learn to read before commenting .
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
chukwudi44:

Osinbanjo has no political clout!!1 He s meer a puppet in Tinubu's hand.Untill he becomes a man of his own,he will have no respect

This what you all keep saying because he served as a commissioner under tinubu. Dnt forget that even GEJ holds his loyality to Diapreye Alamesiagha even while in office. Prof is a man of his own who has mentored great men and women. Disregard that idea of him being a tool in Tinubu hands, because its not true
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

NO P, enjoy the fun you derive from such fabrications then while the nation moves forward.
lt is not a fabrication.The fact that saraki snubbed him and called him a commissioner on top of the insult is enough proof that osunbade has been sidelined

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by maxtamazin: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hahaha. . ..am laughing my head off. Some of us saw this coming. Idiot Jagaban sold us to the North because of his personal interest and his delusion that he is the "Asiwaju".......lol. Do you think the North will take a mere commissioner serious? Yoruba, we lost big time. ..Thank God for PDP. .at least we still hold on to the Senate president, if Jagaban don't mess that up too.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by pembisco(m): 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2015
Forwetinnah:

The people NEVER LEARN, it keeps happening to them time after time. The Northerners are sly, they'll align with just anyone to get what they want and the West to them is the easiest prey
What a shame aswear, slaves

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by pembisco(m): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ohammadike:
They said GEJ sidlined them now they are been sophiscatedly thrown to the kitchen
and soon to the Toilet
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by baby124: 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
Opioko the natural and fabricator must be on this newspaper's payroll. I suspect he is the insider they found. What a stupid and senseless explanation. Coming from a kindergarten child with limited brain. If he is a military man and he reasons like this. no wonder Boko haram is on a rampage
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by callmenow: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Speculative non news. Surprised it was not Sahara reporters who were making it up. The meetings were not national security council NSC. This council includes governors, etc. Why would Buhari and osibanjo always tag along to meetings? This story does not add up.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by XKZ(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
lalasticlala:

“Everyone knows the VP has been loyal to Tinubu for
decades and he cannot swear that he would not divulge
details of these security meetings to his political
godfather.
“So he has to earn it. Tinubu may have used his
influence to put him in this position but he must draw a
line between blind loyalty and national duty.”

I think this last section contains the real reason Osinbajo doesn't have access.
And their fear might have been validated by the fact that Osinbajo chose to side with Tinubu and interfere in the NASS elections, even when his boss Buhari had stated that his government's stance was one of non-interference in NASS elections.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) / Gunshots As Hoodlums Loot Dogara’s House In Jos / Explosion Rocks Benin, Houses Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.