Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. (48056 Views)

Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. / Nnamdi Kanu: Treasonable Felony Charges 'empty' Says Lawyer / I Met The Treasury Empty And I , Left It Empty Says, Gej. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Smartlife(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
Yksoul:
CAN YOU SEE WHAT A Phd HOLDER COULDNT MANAGEMENT?because OF GREED AND NON-CHALLANT ATTITUDE TO ISSUES OF NATIONAL INTEREST.CLUELESSNESS!!!!!!

You just murdered English language

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tsdarkside(m): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
chuna1985:

If gej squandered billions of dollars, then he simply did what Yoruba n Hausa people have been doing in Nigeria when they were pregnant.

what the hell are you talking about...didnt obasanjo left the treasury in surplus?? and he is yoruba..sooooo....are you igbo??

if so,i dont understand you people...what the hell is your problem??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Taich(m): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
Does it mean that Nigeria has not been making money since may 29? Please I need answers

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by solja147(m): 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.

Yu are jux being stupid, do yu knw wat GEJ inherited from Yar'Adua? God rest his soul.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Atlantian: 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
tsdarkside:

come and try,the general will not fail us...this i am sure...it will be hard with empty pocket(thanks to your jonathan).......but i think he will make us proud again even with empty pockets(thanks to your jonathan,again)....
You are obviously younger than the age of Buhari's ideas. It is okay to be optimistic, but blind trust in the face of glaring recanting of manifesto is advertisement of tomfoolery. Keep on keeping on.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ThimmyWood(m): 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nawa for some peeps on Nairaland ooooo. Haba!!! no be Naija we dey again wey dem don tell us say Jonathan inherited more than $60bn in treasury but made sure he chop almost everything alongside with his cronies.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tsdarkside(m): 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Taich:
Does it mean that Nigeria has not been making money since may 29? Please I need answers

i dont know about that...it seems to me the ol nigeria is rebooting.....we dont have much time....we must arm our armies,,,quick..

this is only what i know...
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Tbasen: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
manny4life:

I am glad you said "REVENUE" not savings. Revenues are not constant and prices fluctuate. Unlike Buhari, GEJ does not control oil prices.

Sometimes i wonder which part of the world some blind commentators in NL where when just less than 3yrs ago the governors gave a marching orders that the extra crude savings kept for the rainy day(like today) should be shared by the outgoing government even when the coordinating minister of finance refused.Our dear president should stop giving excuses instead should hit the ground running after all he knew what the jobs demanded before applying for it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by cochexky: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
I still the watch from far with one eye
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by 9jatatafo(m): 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
I inherit empty treasury has become a national song by thieving politicians in order to prepare way for looting unlimited. APC Change! We don't want lazy man's excuses please. N5k pay for corpers on monthly basis, N1=$1 and N40/ltr of pms.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by osimataylor(m): 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
Thanks my brother.You re one of the few intelligent fellow that have spoken on this trend.All the others are garbage.They see and reason through their anus.
PvtParts:

O
The FG revenue is 70% dependent on oil proceeds.

Obama blocked the US from importing oil from us, coupled with the oil glut occasioned by Saudi Arabia pumping too much into the market and a significant drop in the price of crude, how in God's name will we not be broke?

Every logical solution that was proposed by Ngozi was vehemently opposed by your governors even the removal of fuel subsidy which you guys are not complaining of any more since your It is your Buhari in office now.

I don't really have the energy for nairaland any more because I feel there is no need arguing with illiterates.

Please try and update yourself of facts rather than regurgitating cheap lies from Liar Mohammed

[size=18pt]all this talk about FG being broke is only to pave way for Buhari taking a juicy IMF loan which will be in dollars and is meant to put us in bondage to JP Morgan and Co for the next 40yrs

The change they promised was to steer us back to the dollar which GEJ was set to dump

This is why Obama wanted him out to the point of loaning Buhari his personal campaign manager and brazenly opposing our fight against the Bokos.

Already Sanusi has been appointed into the board of the US based Financial giant Blackstone who are to invest $5bn in our Energy market [/size]

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by omolami: 8:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
This Buhari one chance president should stop being frivolous. Gej has done well and surpass previous govt, including the govt of Buhari as head of state.It was Gej's time Nigeria' s economy grew the highest with the best GDP in the whole of Africa. This president should rule and stop trying to run past govt down.Dullard of the century.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by sammhi(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
eliment:
Gej inherited billions of dollars in the treasury, got the highest revenue Nigeria has ever gotten since independence but left Nigeria with empty pulse coupled with bogus debt. undecided undecided

If this man no hope jail hen, that means PMB is a very kind hearted man

really? he got the highest revenue ?...hmmmn so that is why you siphoned the money through Boko haram we dey watch
you talk as if Nigeria was at any time debt free....or at any time an Eldorado...complaining after getting a job means you are either incompetent or confused or both
let him do what he can and complain later

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ruffDiamond: 8:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
embarassed cry most of the money gone with the infamous CLUELESS ONE WILD GOOSE CHASE FOR RE ELECTION !CLOSE TO £2TRILLION WASTED ON that futile saTANist attempt sad make PMB just close eye probe. that drunkard ex president abeg
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
rusher14:

Buhari is a dullard because?

The treasury is empty, that is not in doubt.

Your prerogative if you are bitter about Jonathan's loss but democracy has spoken.

The gist of the dispatched information is for all parties to work together. Salaries are owed. This might be an issue you might want to challenge the president with but the situation cuts across party lines and certainly inherited.There are people being owed unbelievable sums. How they can even muster any morale to go to work beats me.

States have to learn to generate revenue internally and stop waiting for money from the centre.

In the meantime, as much of looted funds that can be recovered should be obtained with alacrity.

It's a dicey nation but not beyond redemption.

The General is just days into office and can only be adjudged at least after one year in office.

A rice meal requires preparation and cooking before it can be presented and eaten, same for economic policies.

Buhari will send an IMF loan package proposal to the National assembly before the end of this year and his budget for 2016 will be based on this IMF loan.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tsdarkside(m): 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
Atlantian:
You are obviously younger than the age of Buhari's ideas. It is okay to be optimistic, but blind trust in the face of glaring recanting of manifesto is advertisement of tomfoolery. Keep on keeping on.

you wonder me...what do you want to do without hope?? go kill your self?? look...most nigerian made a choise,we said jonathan is not doing us no good,,,soooo..we voted him out and took buhari....OUR DECISION...if buhari happen to fail us in 4 years,so it shall be...he his nigerian like you and me,,,sooo...whatever... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
what happened to the Economic growth/ GDP increas the GEJ admin was testifying about
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by NewsHub: 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
mrborntodoit:
The treasury was meant to cater for the needs of the nation,it's normal for it to be spent and refilled with the nations income.

When Gej took over,it was almost empty,he worked with the funds left and generated more funds .

If their are any irregularities,then he should probe them.u

The Daura President should stop giving flimsy excuses,he should get to work instead of complaining about virtually everything .
Mr. Smart guy, GEJ didn't inherit an "almost empty" treasury; rather he inherited a full treasury alongside billions in excess crude account. And not forgetting the high price of oil at that time.

Keep sentiments aside and face the fact...Nigeria made lots of money during Jonathan's time but lost it to massive corruption, waste and stealing by the same Jonathan's government.

Also, it's funny when i see childish NLers calling the president a dullard. One question i ask is you are so smart yet a dullard is rulling you? So who is the dullard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Pontaboki: 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
Our Democracy is Maturing!
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
StOla:
Okonjo Iweala should be called for questioning.

[size=18pt]Your father's family should call your mother for questioning regarding your true paternity![/size]

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Btoyob(m): 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
All what we need is change Baba get down to work enough of excuses
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by manny4life(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
NewsHub:

Mr. Smart guy, GEJ didn't inherit an "almost empty" treasury; rather he inherited a full treasury alongside billions in extra crude account. And not forgetting the high price of oil at that time.

Keep sentiments aside and face the fact...Nigeria made lots of money during Jonathan's time but lost it to massive corruption, waste and stealing by the same Jonathan's government.

Also, it's funny when i see childish NLers calling the president a dullard. One question i ask is you are so smart yet a dullard is rulling you? So who is the dullard

Until you tell me what happened to the ECA, I have nothing further. Looks like a lot of you seem to be asleep when the Gov forum voted to liquidate the account even when the FG objected.. Yall should continue deceiving yourselves. Like I said before, if Buhari thinks that GEJ did anything wrong, he knows what to do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by moshould(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Prison time !!! All thieves should warm up...oga presido, we don empty 3 prisons as u instruct us earlier...
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by FLYFIRE(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
Exponental:

Rotimi Amaechi's spokeman denied Wike's no money comments. Can u stand in for the ex president to give details of wat he left or betterstill advice him to nominate or speak out by himself.
You must be very sick to refer nairalanders as illiterate.... just call urself one rather than generalising.
You are a BIG F.OOL if you don't know that more than 80% of NLers/apc are ILLITERATES.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tsdarkside(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
NewsHub:

Mr. Smart guy, GEJ didn't inherit an "almost empty" treasury; rather he inherited a full treasury alongside billions in extra crude account. And not forgetting the high price of oil at that time.

hahahaha.....that was a bang!!!! grin grin grin......abeg tell am....goooooood one..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by manny4life(m): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Tbasen:

Sometimes i wonder which part of the world some blind commentators in NL where when just less than 3yrs ago the governors gave a marching orders that the extra crude savings kept for the rainy day(like today) should be shared by the outgoing government even when the coordinating minister of finance refused.Our dear president should stop giving excuses instead should hit the ground running after all he knew what the jobs demanded before applying for it.

Don't mind them, they're just waking up to realize that Nigeria is officially broke after their governors voted to share the money in the account... Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Charly68: 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
God bless you Baba,you have decided to take the battle to the gate of the pen warriors. They can make or mar ones Govt with damaging reports.
You have told them the pitiable situation of things so that all & sundry will understand that our former president handed over to you empty treasury. God will give you the wisdom to reposition the economy of our nation in Jesus name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mavinc4u(f): 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
omenka:
What a shame.

I'm yet to see a single reason why Jonathan should have been retained on that seat. When Bakere said it years ago that Jonathan was on a mission to bankrupt the country, people called the gentleman all manner of unprintable names but it seems he's now being vindicated by providence.

PDP/Jonathan knew what they had done to this nation and that was the reason behind the kind of campaign the marshalled against the President.

I really hope to see a lot of the people who worked under Jonathan account for the state of our treasury, and justify that under the conditions of crude oil sales that prevailed at that time.

That BaBa said it does not mean is true. A cockroach can never be innocent in the gathering of fowls. Complaint is actually a statement from a failure. Success does something out of nothing to achieve a goal, this is the time to bring that change to the drawing board to fix the nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
Charly68:
God bless you Baba,you have decided to take the battle to the gate of the pen warriors. They can make or mar ones Govt with damaging reports.
You have told them the pitiable situation of things so that all & sundry will understand that our former president handed over to you empty treasury. God will give you the wisdom to reposition the economy of our nation in Jesus name.

And so that when he sends a proposal to the Senate to approve an IMF package we should not complain.

This is exactly how you now suddenly accept total removal of fuel subsidy.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by PStacks(m): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'm heart broken..
Is that to say we should forget our 5K?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mkoabiola: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
The sharp obas and emirs av collected their own share b4 dey sent Gej back to otuoke,dat is 1 of d reason y d treasury is empty
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Excuses! Excuses!! Excuses!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ismaila Azeez Ibrahim 'Legacy' Dies. Attacked At APC Rally. Graphic Photos / Desmond Elliot Strikes A Pose With Gbajabiamila's Mother (photos) / I Won't Appoint PDP Defectors As Ministers - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.