Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. (48057 Views)

Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. / Nnamdi Kanu: Treasonable Felony Charges 'empty' Says Lawyer / I Met The Treasury Empty And I , Left It Empty Says, Gej. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
themodernman:

Are you just knowing Nairaland is filled with illiterates. I just come here to catch my fun & learn ffom some intellectuals like you. The rest I just laugh at and insult those dat need to be insulted.

By far the most annoying aspect of this nonsense speak by Buhari is that if he were the President of the US and he came out and declared that the US govt is broke, you can expect the stock market and dollar to crash overnight.

Somebody should educate this geriatric fool that as a leader you are supposed to inspire confidence and not preach doom.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by manny4life(m): 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
DropShot:

There are enough evidences and they were provided during the campaign already. Hence the clueless thieving president was thrown out.
Whatever the crude price dropped to since last year, it averaged $100 per barrel in his 5.5 years.

Save us the nonsense you keep writing here as it's evident that Jona was a curse to Nigeria. A prodigal president.

I don't have time for hearsay... Provide the evidence that were provided during campaign.

It averaged about $100/barrel, how much was our crude oil benchmark?

It averaged $100/barrel, was Nigeria meeting her daily production volume?

How did RMFAC allocate oil proceeds upon till the 13% derivative to OP states?

What happened to the ECA, etc?

It's easy to throw stones from a glass house... So until you're ready to engage your mind, please quit it. I refuse to be swayed negatively on something I followed through. GEJ was a curse to you, because light and darkness to you... If Buhari feels that the treasury was emptied, he should prosecute.... No more talking...Shioor cheesy grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
PMB Should Publish The Accounts That Show He Inherited Empty Treasury. If He Cant, Then It Is All About Chip Propaganda And Lies.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by myklangelo(m): 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
DropShot:

Are you ok?

Are you not ok?

Yes Igbo language azonyela okpa na tuwita(tweeter)follow me @OdeniigboBlog for news in Igbo

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Buhari's slaves can't understand basic economics. Don't waste your time.[/size]

Repost

By far the most annoying aspect of this nonsense speak by Buhari is that if he were the President of the US and he came out and declared that the US govt is broke, you can expect the stock market and dollar to crash overnight.

Somebody should educate this geriatric fool that as a leader you are supposed to inspire confidence and not preach doom.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:
At least all of em where better than the first south southerner Buhari will surely do better, Am a million % sure abt that
Looooooooooooooooooooooool
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by xcolanto(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
Dullapo must be high on expired kunu! Was GEJ supposed to leave money for you while there are national issues and transformation agendas to attend too?? This is exactly how cows would think! Mr bubu! No one leaves money in their account just so it's there while they have issues to sort out with the money!

Since you wanted to become president so bad despite all odds against you! Deal with it and stop complaining like a spoilt brat!
Still waiting for 1$ =1n
5,000 for the unemployed
Free food for students in primary schools round the nation
Millions of jobs every year for 4 years etc..

You haven't even done nothing and all we hear are excuses and blame upon blame!
Babaonechance we are not buying these lies! Work work work work!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tsdarkside(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
themodernman:

Are you just knowing Nairaland is filled with illiterates. I just come here to catch my fun & learn ffom some intellectuals like you. The rest I just laugh at and insult those dat need to be insulted.

who you dey call illiterates here...THUNDER FIRE YOU!!!! i can say ABC,,i know 123....sooooooooo,,.GO HUG AN IROKO TREE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by emzila(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
PvtParts:

The FG revenue is 70% dependent on oil proceeds.

Obama blocked the US from importing oil from us, coupled with the oil glut occasioned by Saudi Arabia pumping too much into the market and a significant drop in the price of crude, how in God's name will we not be broke?

Every logical solution that was proposed by Ngozi was vehemently opposed by your governors even the removal of fuel subsidy which you guys are not complaining of any more since your It is your Buhari in office now.

I don't really have the energy for nairaland any more because I feel there is no need arguing with illiterates.

Please try and update yourself of facts rather than regurgitating cheap lies from Liar Mohammed
before d blockage, do u know that Nigeria sold at its first ever high price of crude oil during Jonathan administration? Have u check on d record to update urself with what ws handed over to GEJ, the revenue during his tenure and what he left behind? If u have not, pls do that and tell me if GEJ had really done this country any reasonable good. He is just few months away from that office, can u tell me his achievement without asking for few minutes to think? U are looking for excuses for GEJ when there is non for his inability. Gej spent 6years and as such u cant be raising issue that didn't affect 1/4 of d time he spent as excuse, when did the issue of oil price drop started? Talking about the silent over fuel subsidy, if u have been reading, u should have read that there is a tru leader now in Nigeria who said he doesn't know anything call fuel subsidy and to buttress his statement, one of the refineries will commence operations soon. Which means some marketers waiting will have their ass- kicked at the mention of subsidy before Mr president.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Atlantian: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
And Behold the Dullard who has taken more photographs in his first 3 weeks in office than Jonathan took in 6 years. The rate at which these people take photographs seems to me that they believe they are the luckiest nobodies to be in Aso Rock.

I am warning these dullards, more Nigerians voted for Jonathan in 2011, and count down to 2015, more were asking for his head, even when he performed better than any President since 1960. I can assure you, dear dullard, that Nigerians will ask for your head within a year if you dont stop taking pictures but focus on bringing down the price of Ijebu Garri. We know you are a dullard, but please do not confirm you are. Proof us wrong.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.
LIEnus, Obasanjo cleared our external debt and left some money in our coffers when he was leaving in 2007. Jonathan mismanaged it.

God bless the President.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by rusher14: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
PvtParts:

Don't be a lazy Pleb.

FAAC annual distribution tables for each tier of Govt coupled with how much revenue the FG earned during the past 6yrs is in the public domain.

The ECA funds were also distributed to your state governors.

Your aregbesse has since stopped blaming Jonathan and has now started blaming Osun work force and recurrent coupled with the inability of banks to lend him more money as why he can't pay salaries.

For your info, the FG is not owing any of its workers as up to May, 2015 and with this Buhari can not hold Jonathan at fault.

Your Buhari obviously only sees oil in his permutations and doesn't know jacksh1t what to do in the event of lowering prices.

This is the dullard you voted for.

Buhari is a dullard because?

The treasury is empty, that is not in doubt.

Your prerogative if you are bitter about Jonathan's loss but democracy has spoken.

The gist of the dispatched information is for all parties to work together. Salaries are owed. This might be an issue you might want to challenge the president with but the situation cuts across party lines and certainly inherited.There are people being owed unbelievable sums. How they can even muster any morale to go to work beats me.

States have to learn to generate revenue internally and stop waiting for money from the centre.

In the meantime, as much of looted funds that can be recovered should be obtained with alacrity.

It's a dicey nation but not beyond redemption.

The General is just days into office and can only be adjudged at least after one year in office.

A rice meal requires preparation and cooking before it can be presented and eaten, same for economic policies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by sambisa5: 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

Give buhari what that clueless man inherited,
And you see nigeria become the best nation in africa
make i hear word embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by rman: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
So PMB thinks he was voted into power to come and tell us there is serious problem? Rubbish.

The reason you were voted into power is to come and reverse these negative trend not lament about them.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by porka: 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
[size=13pt]Since the dullard is incapable of achieving anything tangible, his chiefs slaves gave him an 'expo' of what to say to exonerate himself in anticipation of the total shredding that Nigerians are preparing for him.

What exactly is hundreds of millions of dollars? It's doubtful if this secondary school dropout can correctly count numbers.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by manny4life(m): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
emzila:

before d blockage do u know that Nigeria sold at its first ever high price of crude oil during Jonathan administration? Have u check on d record to update urself with what ws handed over to GEJ, the revenue during his tenure what he left behind? If u have not, pls do that and tell me if GEJ has really done this country any reasonable good. He is just few months away from that office, can u tell me his achievement without asking for few minutes to think?

I am glad you said "REVENUE" not savings. Revenues are not constant and prices fluctuate. Unlike Buhari, GEJ does not control oil prices.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by wellmax(m): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bobbystanley:
We expected you to Say that.

Baba declare your asset now.
So we would know if u inherited an empty treasury after your tenure.

Dont give us reason to loot our money and get down to work

Mumu detected. The law stipulates that he declares to the code of conduct bureau, he has done that. He went extra mile to promise to make it public after verification by CoCB. But your mumuness will not let you see that. ThisisBuhari not that clueless man who doesn't give a damn.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by neio: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
eh...wahala dey o! :-Xeh...wahala dey o!
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mrrock: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
Salaries could not be paid because money was used to fund election campaigns. Very simple!.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by sambisa5: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
SUBMARINE:
EXCUSES ARE FOR THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO FAIL. grin
God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Moheat(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

Give buhari what that clueless man inherited,
And you see nigeria become the best nation in africa

Buhari has to start working and stop all these lamentations! After all, he is part if the failed generation

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tsdarkside(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Atlantian:
And Behold the Dullard who has taken more photographs in his first 3 weeks in office than Jonathan took in 6 years. The rate at which these people take photographs seems to me that they believe they are the luckiest nobodies to be in Aso Rock.

I am warning these dullards, more Nigerians voted for Jonathan in 2011, and count down to 2015, more were asking for his head, even when he performed better than any President since 1960. I can assure you, dear dullard, that Nigerians will ask for your head within a year if you dont stop taking pictures but focus on bringing down the price of Ijebu Garri. We know you are a dullard, but please do not confirm you are. Proof us wrong.

come and try,the general will not fail us...this i am sure...it will be hard with empty pocket(thanks to your jonathan).......but i think he will make us proud again even with empty pockets(thanks to your jonathan,again)....
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Yksoul(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
CAN YOU SEE WHAT A Phd HOLDER COULDNT MANAGEMENT?because OF GREED AND NON-CHALLANT ATTITUDE TO ISSUES OF NATIONAL INTEREST.CLUELESSNESS!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
gamaliel121:
When wike complained about d same thing with river state, a lot of ppl hear agreed with him...
Buh since its buhari, everyone is saying he should stop complaining..
Most ppl hear r not real, u guys never say truth, you all take sides,
Most ibos hate buhari, other tribes like buhari buh dislike gej.
How can things ever go well with us in this country!!
its soooo bad!! Sincerly we have to change.
Most of us don't even care about this country.

This is buhari , his case is different.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jonathan was a curse. Thank goodness he was kicked.
God bless the President.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
DropShot:

Does the nonsense you've written here explain the squandering of the billions of dollars earned in GEJ's almost six years?

If gej squandered billions of dollars, then he simply did what Yoruba n Hausa people have been doing in Nigeria when they were presidents.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Bobbystanley(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
wellmax:

Mumu detected. The law stipulates that he declares to the code of conduct bureau, he has done that. He went extra mile to promise to make it public after verification by CoCB. But your mumuness will not let you see that. ThisisBuhari not that clueless man who doesn't give a damn.

You are a foolish fool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by NewsHub: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.
Did GEJ inherit an empty treasury No he didn't. Rather he inherited billions in excess crude account as addition to billions in the treasury. He also had the advantage of high crude oil price.

GEJ didn't complain about the dilapidated infrastructure because the country had cash. He had the resources to fix them.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by themodernman: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
tsdarkside:

who you dey call illiterates here...THUNDER FIRE YOU!!!! i can say ABC,,i know 123....sooooooooo,,.GO HUG AN IROKO TREE!!!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
emzila:

before d blockage do u know that Nigeria sold at its first ever high price of crude oil during Jonathan administration? Have u check on d record to update urself with what ws handed over to GEJ, the revenue during his tenure what he left behind? If u have not, pls do that and tell me if GEJ has really done this country any reasonable good. He is just few months away from that office, can u tell me his achievement without asking for few minutes to think? U are looking for excuses for GEJ when there is non for his inability. Gej spent 6years and as such u cant be raising issue that didn't affect 1/4 of d time he spent as excuse, when did the issue of oil price drop started? Talking about the silent over fuel subsidy, if u have been reading, u should have read that there is a tru leader now in Nigeria who said he doesn't know anything call fuel subsidy and to buttress his statement, one of the refineries will commence operations soon. Which means some marketers waiting will have their ass- kicked at the mention of subsidy before Mr president.

The highest price of crude oil price came under Yaradua..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Eshinery(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
samueld0:
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday said that he inherited a “‎virtually empty treasury” with debts running into hundreds of millions of Dollars and appealed to the media to explain the true position to Nigerians so that “they won’t match on us”.

The President who spoke while meeting with members of the State House Press Corps said it was a disgrace that Nigeria is not able to pay workers salaries adding that this was as a result of bad management.

According to him, there was ‎already a lot of pressure on his government due to the huge expectations of Nigerians on what they desire from the administration.

While calling on the media to cooperate with his administration‎, President Buhari said he choose Femi Adesina to be his Adviser because he is ‘one of the best’.

President Muhammadu Buhari attending to some files in his office as he resumed duties at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida

“It is not by accident that I got the best of you to be the special adviser, one of the 15 aides  I had to get clearance from the Senate‎. He is one of the best President of the guild that I can have as special advisers. I brought one of the best of you so that he can consistently defend me against you.

“Whether my job is a difficult one or easy it is up to him, but I’m here to thank you in advance for ‎what good and ill you are going to do to me.

“I have to quickly come and see you and welcome you to this place. I hope ‎what happened of recent between the former president and one of you (the seizure of the accreditation of the Radio Germany reporter) will not happen between me and you.

“I hope we are starting and this culture developed, of 100 days is bringing so much pressure with treasury virtually empty, with debts in millions of dollars, with state workers and even federal workers not paid their salaries. It is such a disgrace for Nigeria. I think Nigeria should be in a position to even pay it’s workers. This bad management that we find ourselves in, we really need your help to protect us from people before they match on us” he said.

For members of the State House Press Corps, it is a first time that they would be meeting the president, starting from President Obasanjo up to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Chairman of the State House Press Corps, Kehinde Amodu who spoke on behalf of members of the Corp pledge to work with the government in the interest of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/nigerias-treasury-is-virtually-empty-buhari/
among what is expected of them is diligence,truthfulness and commitment to duty with this the sky is their limit
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Abba999(f): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
gamaliel121:
When wike complained about d same thing with river state, a lot of ppl hear agreed with him...
Buh since its buhari, everyone is saying he should stop complaining..
Most ppl hear r not real, u guys never say truth, you all take sides,
Most ibos hate buhari, other tribes like buhari buh dislike gej.
How can things ever go well with us in this country!!
its soooo bad!! Sincerly we have to change.
Most of us don't even care about this country.

Have u asked why igbo hate buhari? And When others hate on igbo you don't worry, rather happy!
Children of nawa days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC / I Won't Appoint PDP Defectors As Ministers - Buhari / Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.