Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. (48060 Views)

Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. / Nnamdi Kanu: Treasonable Felony Charges 'empty' Says Lawyer / I Met The Treasury Empty And I , Left It Empty Says, Gej. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by chigoizie7(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
samueld0:
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday said that he inherited a “‎virtually empty treasury” with debts running into hundreds of millions of Dollars and appealed to the media to explain the true position to Nigerians so that “they won’t match on us”.

The President who spoke while meeting with members of the State House Press Corps said it was a disgrace that Nigeria is not able to pay workers salaries adding that this was as a result of bad management.

According to him, there was ‎already a lot of pressure on his government due to the huge expectations of Nigerians on what they desire from the administration.

While calling on the media to cooperate with his administration‎, President Buhari said he choose Femi Adesina to be his Adviser because he is ‘one of the best’.

President Muhammadu Buhari attending to some files in his office as he resumed duties at the Presidential Villa, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida

“It is not by accident that I got the best of you to be the special adviser, one of the 15 aides  I had to get clearance from the Senate‎. He is one of the best President of the guild that I can have as special advisers. I brought one of the best of you so that he can consistently defend me against you.

“Whether my job is a difficult one or easy it is up to him, but I’m here to thank you in advance for ‎what good and ill you are going to do to me.

“I have to quickly come and see you and welcome you to this place. I hope ‎what happened of recent between the former president and one of you (the seizure of the accreditation of the Radio Germany reporter) will not happen between me and you.

“I hope we are starting and this culture developed, of 100 days is bringing so much pressure with treasury virtually empty, with debts in millions of dollars, with state workers and even federal workers not paid their salaries. It is such a disgrace for Nigeria. I think Nigeria should be in a position to even pay it’s workers. This bad management that we find ourselves in, we really need your help to protect us from people before they match on us” he said.

For members of the State House Press Corps, it is a first time that they would be meeting the president, starting from President Obasanjo up to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Chairman of the State House Press Corps, Kehinde Amodu who spoke on behalf of members of the Corp pledge to work with the government in the interest of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/nigerias-treasury-is-virtually-empty-buhari/

Mtcheeeeew,

Stupidity raised to the power of negative infinity.

In other words, u are telling the whole world that we are bankrupt?

Which foreign investor will want to invest in such an economy?

There are ways of handling issues so that it will not get out of hand.

Apparently, u ve come out to tell everyone that the treasury was empty b4 u assumed office, just to save ur face(selfish interest) forgetting the negative impact it will deal on the economy on the long run.

This very Govt does not have what it takes to rule dis very geographical terrain called country.

I am sick and tired of reading all these trash.

Obj took over from military govt( that was one of the hardest transition any govt can survive) but he didn't complain, he rather took the bulls by the horn and started work.(There were irregularities, YES)

GEJ took over,meet so many dilapidated projects abandoned by the military which OBJ could not tackle, he also had the bull by the horn and started working.(There were also irregularities. YES)

PMB, took, over, he is already lamenting, stop giving us reasons why we should not hold u accountable when u eventually could not deliver all those ur unattainable bogus campaign promises u made to us, and get to work.
Start work 1st, stop giving us reasons to fail, give us reasons why u must succeed.(Until we see the irregularities)

I am sick and tired of this govt already, always talking talking, too much media publicity.

PMB I wish u best of luck as a president, give us reasons to be strong and not reasons to be weak.

Ee be like say na tanzania sure pass for me sef, were is my passport again?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by NewsHub: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
manny4life:

Until you tell me what happened to the ECA, I have nothing further. Looks like a lot of you seem to be asleep when the Gov forum voted to liquidate the account even when the FG objected.. Yall should continue deceiving yourselves. Like I said before, if Buhari thinks that GEJ did anything wrong, he knows what to do.
Yes the ECA was shared at the instance of the governors but what was their reason The FG was making deductions from the ECA without due consultation with the governors who are part owners of the said ECA. This is an issue Okonjo hasn't been able to deny. Was the FG making withdrawals from the account or not? Both the FG and governors have faults.

You are talking about Buhari probing GEJ's government but if he starts now the same people will come here to make noise.

The fact remains that Jonathan's government was a wasteful and corrupt government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nicepoker(m): 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

Give buhari what that clueless man inherited,
And you see nigeria become the best nation in africa
really. Babaonechance is nothing but a lazy old man.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
bodeloja:
No excuses, GEJ inherited a dilapidated infastructure nationwide, he did not complain but got down to work.

Buhari must not disappoint or go back on his words.

We are not afraid to call u a liar and cakll for your impeachment, if you do.

Which school did you go to?
Gej inherited a $60b and $29b as external res and excess crude acct..and trout gej tenor,oil sales had been $100 and above withthe almost zero debt.

PMD inherited $29b as external res which cannot be touched and zero excess crude acct.Oil is now $60 with a heavy foreign debt..,so what GMB said is true.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by olabukola: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ilekeh:
Probe all of them.

Many of you hooligans need to keep quiet. Do you not understand what transparency government or FOI Bill stand for again?

Instead of taking past administration responsible, you're foaming in the mouth. That's why your politicians steal......y'all won't make them take responsibility for their actions.
The way wicked wike is trying to hold Amaechi responsible. Baba probe them all and don't stop with Jonathan, extend your hand of probity to shagari. The rot did not start last 16 yrs.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by porka: 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
PvtParts:

Repost

By far the most annoying aspect of this nonsense speak by Buhari is that if he were the President of the US and he came out and declared that the US govt is broke, you can expect the stock market and dollar to crash overnight.

Somebody should educate this geriatric fool that as a leader you are supposed to inspire confidence and not preach doom.

[size=13pt]As we heard, Fashola teaches him what to say. It's not that he actually knows what he is saying. All he understands is cow language. He does know how to inspire his herds as we saw in those pictures, but it's an intellectual challenge for him to inspire the nation at this time.

As you are aware, these people (Fashola's group) have always been in the opposition; propaganda is their forte, they are finding it very very hard switching to governance mode from opposition. [/size]

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Moheat(m): 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2015
Yksoul:
CAN YOU SEE WHAT A Phd HOLDER COULDNT MANAGEMENT?because OF GREED AND NON-CHALLANT ATTITUDE TO ISSUES OF NATIONAL INTEREST.CLUELESSNESS!!!!!!
You see your miserable life! Just because you were rushing to insult GEJ you ended up killing English! I believe you will agree with me now that getting a PhD is not an easy task.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by dabigwalls: 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
shezinton:
Dis daura brainless shld work..waz almost empty n u went ahead to pledge 100mill dols 4 boko issue...u keep on touring evry wher...is nt new to hear dat...ambode inherited 428billion naira debt n he didn't complain...keep quiet n work Daura President cool shocked angry

Chaii...brov this was just funny. Still laughing...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by mployer(m): 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
freecocoa:
Seriously though, what do you all expect the president to do? I don't know why Nigerians can't set their priorities right, there's no money in the nations's treasury and y'all are shouting "get working".

I like Jonathan as a person but as a president, he was not it at all, his administration and cabinet need probing, i'm not sure of the current president either, till he proves himself, but that doesn't mean I can't use my senses.

Do you need money to appoint ministers?

The elected governors have started work in the midst of debt and empty treasury yet this man is traveling up and down.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by macof(m): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

Is Nigeria not already the best nation in africa?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by NewsHub: 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
manny4life:

Until you tell me what happened to the ECA, I have nothing further. Looks like a lot of you seem to be asleep when the Gov forum voted to liquidate the account even when the FG objected.. Yall should continue deceiving yourselves. Like I said before, if Buhari thinks that GEJ did anything wrong, he knows what to do.
I'll tell you! The ECA was shared at the instance of the governors but ask yourself what prompted that decision. The FG was making withdrawals from the said account without due consultation with the governors who are part owners of the money. It is the case of having a joint savings account with a friend who makes withdrawals without your consent and approval. Won't you close that account Now i am not supporting the decision of the governors. Both the FG and governors are to be blamed.

You are talking about President Buhari probing Jonathan's government, but if he starts now the same people will come here to shout.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:
Give buhari what that clueless man inherited, And you see nigeria become the best nation in africa
(raises eyebrow) i want thrice of whatever ur taking

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by HzRF(m): 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
omenka:
What a shame.

I'm yet to see a single reason why Jonathan should have been retained on that seat. When Bakere said it years ago that Jonathan was on a mission to bankrupt the country, people called the gentleman all manner of unprintable names but it seems he's now being vindicated by providence.

PDP/Jonathan knew what they had done to this nation and that was the reason behind the kind of campaign the marshalled against the President.

I really hope to see a lot of the people who worked under Jonathan account for the state of our treasury, and justify that under the conditions of crude oil sales that prevailed at that time.
Gullible pple everywhere
D so call debt ur model state lagos acct for the biggest share
But Itz GEJ that will answer for it

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by StOla: 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
lawanson44:

[size=18pt]Your father's family should call your mother for questioning regarding your true paternity![/size]

I guess with your mindset when the nations savings is in the red, the sport minister should be the one called for questioning?

You certainly belong to the "our hardworking sister" clan. I'm not disappointed that you lived up to your reputation.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by nedupel(m): 9:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

sometimes I wonder if buhari is God.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Atlantian: 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
tsdarkside:

you wonder me...what do you want to do without hope?? go kill your self?? look...most nigerian made a choise,we said jonathan is not doing us no good,,,soooo..we voted him out and took buhari....OUR DECISION...if buhari happen to fail us in 4 years,so it shall be...he his nigerian like you and me,,,sooo...whatever... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
I hope you are under 20, if you are more, I will be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:
At least all of em where better than the first south southerner Buhari will surely do better, Am a million % sure abt that
(scratches head) dunno but is abacha en ibb south southerners?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
StOla:

I guess with your mindset when the nations savings is in the red, the sport minister should be the one called for questioning?

You certainly belong to the "our hardworking sister" clan. I'm not disappointed that you lived up to your reputation.

Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by nedupel(m): 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
eliment:
Gej inherited billions of dollars in the treasury, got the highest revenue Nigeria has ever gotten since independence but left Nigeria with empty pulse coupled with bogus debt. undecided undecided

If this man no hope jail hen, that means PMB is a very kind hearted man
go not hope
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

What is this one saying
bro abeg ignore the post.it was meant for enlightened intelligent minds-which obviously u dont posses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by ogundeleai(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Jonathan will find it difficult to cordinate nuclear family not to talk about rulling a whole Nation.. Iweala and Dieziani capitalise on his ineptitude to plunge this Nation..
Those who paraded themselves here on daily basis to back the wasteful past government would soon find out that they are making mistake
The best way to summarise his administration is that of prodigal..
May Almigthy God don't let us have such cruel individuals in the life of this Nation in the future..
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by friends4ever(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
The overnight fufu i saw this morning there was no soup even nothing in the soup left for me to eat the left over food wakacome left for me...nonstop
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by obotblitz(m): 9:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nigeria has just evolved from Manor farm to animal farm. The pigs have taken over.
If you don't understand what I mean, go and read animal farm by George Orwell
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by tucky200(m): 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
eduj:

bro abeg ignore the post.it was meant for enlightened intelligent minds-which obviously u dont posses
But I'm still better than ur dad
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by StOla: 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
lawanson44:

Rubbish!

Don't give up yet. I believe you have something intelligent to say as to why a Finance Minister should not be called for questioning on matters bordering on the nation's finance.
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by bejeria101(m): 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
He has entered there*the tresury* na so the place small reach lol
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by youngice(m): 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
SUBMARINE:
EXCUSES ARE FOR THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO FAIL. grin
The only comment I liked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by youngice(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by youngice(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
SUBMARINE:
The only comment I liked
Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
I honestly wish the special adviser to d president were even reading all of ur comments and insults. Not even any of his house girls are even reading to convey the messages to him. Una just dey here to brag, ranting and raining insults with such magnitude ot insolence on both past, present n even future leaders...wasting una time...u guys should better go pray for God to keep u busy making ur own money instead of reading nairaland and commenting nonsense. Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

But I'm still better than ur dad
ur being beta than a near 70 year old man doesn't amount to much en shows how truly pathetic u er.by the rate of ur intellectual decadence ,i wont be surprised if u spent ur octagerian years in a zoo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Treasury ‘virtually Empty’ Says Buhari. by davinchi86(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
tucky200:

At least all of em where better than the first south southerner
Buhari will surely do better,
Am a million % sure abt that
u r a dullard lik ur president there is no day money dnt come into d country so d old fool should stop complainin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Oshiomhole And His Beautiful Wife Iara In Zambia (Photo) / Abandoned N449m: Suspect In EFCC Custody, Threatens To Reveal Owner If… / US Reacts To Plateau Killings, Reveals What They Will Do With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.