Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545749 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ChiDalu1: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2011
@Gbaski2010, i wish u all d the best as you go again. Pray and go with confidence, you will get it. I was rejected on the 4th of august & went back again on the 23rd of August & i got it, it was just God. The 2nd interview was even tougher than the first one but God granted me favour and i got it. I have tried posting my experience several times but the spambot keeps blocking it. Let me try post it again
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
@House, I have decided 2 get another bank statement,but is it still wise to use the same sponsor(cousin) I used in my first interview? I was told that all info I provided the embassy with T the first interview has been recorded in their(embassy) system. I was told by a friend of mine to use an uncle as a sponsor this time,but another friend suggested that it would raise a red flag,as the VO will loke at me as a liar.What do u guys think?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiomaodo: 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Tittolala i want to change cos he withdrew half of the moni before the interview nd i didnt no so i dont want to risk it again.
@Imperiouxx tnx alot i think dats wot i will do.
tnx everbody dat contributed.keep up d gud work!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
@clever,

I won't advice you to change your sponsor all of a sudden. Do as I told chioma. Add a second sponsor will be better.

*cousin + dad -- you will be able to defend this well and it is reasonable.
*cousin + uncle -- would left you with this question: why none of your immediate parents involved but other members of your family who can as well have their own responsibilities.
*uncle alone after using cousin -- to be realistic, sponsor can't suddenly change like that. We are talking of millions of naira here not 100 naira.

All the best sa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by GboyegaD(m): 4:30am On Sep 02, 2011
Imperiouxx, thanks a lot for keeping the thread alive. You are truly a research faculty.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 6:25am On Sep 02, 2011
@ imperious,
Tnx man for keeping d house alive, though i hav been away for a while but i dey feel you whenever i com around. Na all those books you pack for me i dey jack oo,

@ house,
I greet all of una o.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2011
@gboyega and coolgb,

Thanks mehn. Coolgb, good to hear you reading them well.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yungnick: 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
Y do vo picks up interest in knowing if we applied in morethan one skool?
♍ previous interview I applied and was admitted by just one skool and i was advised by the VO to apply also in another skool? Frndz what do Ʊ think?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2011

[/size][size=8pt]Y do vo picks up interest in knowing if we applied in morethan one skool?
♍ previous interview I applied and was admitted by just one skool and i was advised by the VO to apply also in another skool? Frndz what do Ʊ think?

@Yung nick

nothing wrong with that, man, they just want to test your knowledge and know if you  really know what you are doing ,So if you have good reason why you choose one school, then they have nothing against you,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2011
@yung nick,

Logically,

1 school is less than or equal to 1 chance of admission.
2 or more schools is greater than or equal to 1 chance.

You see the difference? The event is based on probability, applying to more than 1 school widens your chance of getting the admission and that shows you are serious about schooling. Even in UTME, you select 2 of each tertiary institution to widen you chance of being admitted in one trial.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2011
@ Imperioux: Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Looking forward to your SUCCESS.

@ Clever dude: Why not do as Imperioux says? As in, add a sponsor rather than change totally.

@ HOUSE: Nobody don get visa? Wetin dey happen?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:16am On Sep 03, 2011
jeffobodo:

@all-thanx 4 your advise. Pls! Who in
d house can den help me with a
substantial acc statii
?

call me on.08029678343@all-thanx 4 your advise. Pls! Who in
d house can den help me with a
substantial acc statii?

call me on.08029678343

You this guy again, you no dey do the runs again? When did this place turn to satii market? Canker is not needed here.

jeffobodo:

if you need admission into a university in united states without s.a.t or toefl,just mail me or call jeffobodo@yahoo.com 08029678343

jeffobodo:

if you need bank statement to apply for visa call me

jeffobodo:

For real,a trial wil convince u

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 1:24pm On Sep 03, 2011
@House

here is not for business oooooo, We are all here to learn and do things ourselves, So if you know anything ,share it on here, If you are real why dont you do it for yourself and go to USA, or dont you wish to go America(OBAMA LAND), So Keep off,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2011
@House

Don't mind this foolish and stupid nonsense Eran 'Goat' if you want to sell your market go to Lagos market and sell your black market. don't ever try to post rubbish here again ok.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
@immperiouxx n others. But, I dont want to change my sponsor. Is that a problem? I mean, I want 2 repeat my cousin as sponsor,but with another bank statement. Can't a cousin sponsor some1?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2011
@clever,

Anyone can sponsor you. It will be good like that since it's still the same cousin and you are not going to meet the former VO that denied you again. Even if you come across him/her, your former bank statement is not on their system but only your info.

Wait a minute, you mean he has many bank accounts with millions of naira?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2011
Hello house, could anyone help me with the following situation

I am about to apply for an interview date but i have some serious concerns.

Mar 23 is my true dob as shown in my birth certificate and passport.

All my other credentials show mar 24 which is my twin's dob (we are two hours apart) cos my parents induced mar 24 in all my docs till my university.

Does dis inconsistency indicate a potential red flag?

thanks for your contributions.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2011
@square,

I don't see any big deal in this since it's not the year. Your birth cert and pp is Mar 23, then Mar 24 on your waec could be claimed to be error from waec. Fill the ds160 the way it is on your pp. What else carries 24?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2011
@imperiouxx

yes , good question! Toefl result, which is more recent than GRE dat has Mar 23.

P.S my elder sis reg'd toefl for me, it's kinda messy, aint it?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Square65: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2011
imperiouxx:

@square,

I don't see any big deal in this since it's not the year. Your birth cert and pp is Mar 23, then Mar 24 on your waec could be claimed to be error from waec. Fill the ds160 the way it is on your pp. What else carries 24?

Also, my undergraduate transcripts ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 11:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
Square65:

@imperiouxx

yes , good question! Toefl result, which is more recent than GRE dat has Mar 23.

P.S my elder sis reg'd toefl for me, it's kinda messy, aint it?

All the same, just fill the ds160 as your pp carries then you prepare to explain if at all matter arises about other docs that carry 24. You will go along with your birth cert.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yungnick: 6:54am On Sep 04, 2011
@square, imperiouxx just said it all but as far as i know they only ask how old you are which focuses more on your year Ơƒ birth. They asked me how old i A̶̲̥̅♏ and i told them,if you need to use the date Ơƒ birth on your passport, then Ʊ need a declartion Ơƒ birth showing thesame dob on Чuя passport. Hope Чuя 1:20 shows thesame, if not. It might not be all that easy to convince the vo! Then maybe you can tell them every thing that has 24 was filled in by Чuя elder sis! Tnx jane
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by drid: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2011
Pls house what are the ways of certifying my WAEC result.And also can anyone refer me to a good GRE tutorial center in Ibadan.Thank you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gbaski2010: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2011
@drid
ve u checked EAC at housing bstp, google deir add.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 1:34am On Sep 05, 2011
@ Nairalanders in the US: I need advice on carrying cash to the US. Safe or NOT safe?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:59am On Sep 05, 2011
USBound:

@ Nairalanders in the US: I need advice on carrying cash to the US. Safe or NOT safe?

100% safe, Just dont declare the amount you have on you when filling form I-94 on the plane,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 7:39am On Sep 05, 2011
@imperiouxx,God bless u! My sponsor only has 1 bank statement which is the weak 1,but I'm gonna get another statii from a different person.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:44am On Sep 05, 2011
djunit1:

100% safe,  Just dont declare the amount you have on you when filling form I-94 on the plane, 

Do you mean he shouldn't the exact amount he has with him or he shouldn't declare having money with him?

@usbound,

Did you see my mail 3 days ago?

@clever,

I pray you get it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2011
imperiouxx:

Do you mean he shouldn't the exact amount [/b]he has with him or he shouldn't declare having money with him?

@usbound,

Did you see my mail 3 days ago?

@clever,

I pray you get it.

I wrote [b]amount
in my statement for a reason
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
There is no limit on the total amount of money or monetary instruments that may be brought into or taken out of the United States. However, if you transport or cause to be transported, more than $10,000 in monetary instruments on any occasion into or out of the United States, or if you receive more than that amount, on behalf of someone else and then transport it, you must file a Customs Form 4790 with U.S. Customs. Failure to comply can result in civil and criminal penalties, including seizure of the currency or monetary instruments. Monetary instruments include U.S. or foreign coins, currency, traveler`s checks, money orders, and negotiable instruments or investment securities in bearer form are all considered when determining the total $10,000 reporting requirement.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f4790--2002.pdf

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.