Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545724 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2011
Adolite:

@House

here is not for business oooooo, We are all here to learn and do things ourselves, So if you know anything ,share it on here, If you are real why dont you do it for yourself and go to USA, or dont you wish to go America(OBAMA LAND), So Keep off,

@adolite

pls we need to talk,send me an email or call me on 08182862416 or manakkochar@gmail.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
anfanio:

There is no limit on the total amount of money or monetary instruments that may be brought into or taken out of the United States. However, if you transport or cause to be transported, more than $10,000 in monetary instruments on any occasion into or out of the United States, or if you receive more than that amount, on behalf of someone else and then transport it, you must file a Customs Form 4790 with U.S. Customs. Failure to comply can result in civil and criminal penalties, including seizure of the currency or monetary instruments. Monetary instruments include U.S. or foreign coins, currency, traveler`s checks, money orders, and negotiable instruments or investment securities in bearer form are all considered when determining the total $10,000 reporting requirement.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/f4790--2002.pdf

I'm pretty sure when you report you have more than 10k you would have to pay taxes on it and most likely IRS will have their eyes on you from the moment you set your foot on the soil of this country.

Why go through all the stress? I know many people who came in with more than 15k and their money was never seized by any body. I brought in a lot of money too and I didn't tell any body.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
@house! Pls,help! I re-deffered my admission to fall 2012 due to family issues and I'm ok with it;but the problem is that my sevis fee expires on the 8th of March,that is,five months prior to my start date. I was told to apply for a visa three months prior to my start date,but I want to go for my interview before 8th March(5 months before my start date) so that my sevis fee does not expire. Is that gonna cause visa denial for me?@house! Pls,help! I re-deffered my admission to fall 2012 due to family issues and I'm ok with it;but the problem is that my sevis fee expires on the 8th of March,that is,five months prior to my start date. I was told to apply for a visa three months prior to my start date,but I want to go for my interview before 8th March(5 months before my start date) so that my sevis fee does not expire. Is that gonna cause visa denial for me?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2011
@sha_money, here is my email address Adolite1@yahoo.com or you can add me on yahoo IM, am always online,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oloworulz(m): 11:07pm On Sep 05, 2011
Hi guyz, i need help big time. My f1 visa interview is oct 31,and am preparing,but i ve a combined waec and gce certificate,but my gce original certificate is lost due to the renovation at my house in my absence.Am an OND HOLDER with other document intact. Am going for a bsc degree in economics. Plz help me what can i do abt my waec?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by shamoney1: 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
Adolite:

@sha_money, here is my email address Adolite1@yahoo.com or you can add me on yahoo IM, am always online,

A
@adolite

i just added you on my messenger now accept, it statrs with an nj,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 11:40pm On Sep 05, 2011
oloworulz
Insert Quote
Hi guyz, i need help big time. My f1 visa interview is oct 31,and am preparing,but i ve a combined waec and gce certificate,but my gce original certificate is lost due to the renovation at my house in my absence.Am an OND HOLDER with other document intact. Am going for a bsc degree in economics. Plz help me what can i do abt my waec?

@oloworulz,, Go with Scratch card, then you are good to go , but are you going for spring? if yes, when is your school resuming?because oct is too early for spring interview oooo,

@sha Money,

Add me again,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2011
[ @oloworulz,, Go with Scratch card, then you are good to go , but are you going for spring? if yes, when is your school resuming?because oct is too early for spring interview oooo,

quote][quote][/quote]

thats is not true. its is not too early to go for interview by october for spring session because one can apply 2 to 3 months prio to schools's start date and can enter the US up to 1 month before school start date.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 12:46am On Sep 06, 2011
Something just caught my attention so bad that I couldn't just resist the urge to comment here again. I laugh so tey I wan die. Please guys there is no need to be blowing big grammar here kwanu, which one be "wow that's an ASTRONOMICAL INCREASE, these foreign airlines have got extortionist tendencies." Hahahahaha I'm a dead duck!!! NL no go kill me biko. If person no sabi English abeg post using your native language at least someone here would understand not making a fool out of yourself all in the name of claiming to be Encyclopedia Britainnica.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oloworulz(m): 12:49am On Sep 06, 2011
Sha money, are u sure if i can get a scratch card,then am good to go . Am talking of GCE 2004, i was thinking of sueing an avidavit b4. Have u seen som1 wit my situations b4? Plz help me. Am really scared. I dnt want to be bounced back.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 1:04am On Sep 06, 2011
naggy:

Something just caught my attention so bad that I couldn't just resist the urge to comment here again. I laugh so tey I wan die. Please guys there is no need to be blowing big grammar here kwanu, which one be "wow that's an ASTRONOMICAL INCREASE, these foreign airlines have got extortionist tendencies." Hahahahaha I'm a dead duck!!! NL no go kill me biko. If person no sabi English abeg post using your native language at least someone here would understand not making a fool out of yourself all in the name of claiming to be Encyclopedia Britainnica.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 1:07am On Sep 06, 2011
oloworulz:

Sha money, are u sure if i can get a scratch card,then am good to go . Am talking of GCE 2004, i was thinking of sueing an avidavit b4. Have u seen som1 wit my situations b4? Plz help me. Am really scared. I dnt want to be bounced back.

You are good to go with a scratch card.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oloworulz(m): 1:24am On Sep 06, 2011
Can u enlighten me abt my interview?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by tenderheart1: 1:50am On Sep 06, 2011
Hi Everyone, hope U guys are great, pls, I need y'all to help me out, 2nyt's ma 1st tym of checking ds USA thread nd I can't just read thru,
By His grace, I av a very excellent WAEC result @ one sitting, i'm studying a course in a 9ja Uni nd I'ld soon b thru, I av relatives in d US nd now I really wanna go study as an undergraduate again in anoda field in d US, In short I wanna go study Computer Science, my relatives stay in Michigan state, I'ld be living with them, what else do I need to know, after getting my International passport, whatz d next step to take
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wilzz26: 2:33am On Sep 06, 2011
[Hi Everyone, hope U guys are great, pls, I need y'all to help me out, 2nyt's ma 1st tym of checking ds USA thread nd I can't just read thru,
By His grace, I av a very excellent WAEC result @ one sitting, i'm studying a course in a 9ja Uni nd I'ld soon b thru, I av relatives in d US nd now I really wanna go study as an undergraduate again in anoda field in d US, In short I wanna go study Computer Science, my relatives stay in Michigan state, I'ld be living with them, what else do I need to know, after getting my International passport, whatz d next step to takequote][quote][/quote]

my guy you are already proving to be an intending immigrant by studying an undergraduate programme after you have done one in Nigeria plus saying you have relatives in the united states. in my own view i think you should go for another higher degree course rather than undergraduate. saying to the v.o that you have relatives in the united states is a red flag plus in the same state you want to study cos that will spark up issues about their immigration status in the united states and you may never be able to defend that in front of the V.O.
After getting an international passport you will need to apply to schools in the US and send them you transcripts for evaluation and also certificates obtained in Nigeria with financial guarantee for studies. if you have been chosen then you will be sent an I 20 whereby you pay what is called SEVIS fee after which you apply for your f1 Visa and pay a visa fee also.
that's all you need to know.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 5:00am On Sep 06, 2011
@ djunit1 @ Imperioux @ anfanio: If I get you guys right, it means I should not declare 'too much money' on me, right? But at least I should declare 'something'? Abeg am i correct?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 7:53am On Sep 06, 2011
@house! Pls,answer my question on this page o! Abeg o!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2011
@adolite,

Oct is not too early for spring interview. Wilzz26 explained it right.

@wilzz26,

Good explanation for tenderheart too.

@oloworulz,

Flip back through July 1 - Aug 24 pages, you will see what you need concerning your interview.

@usbound,

According to djunit, YES!

@clever,

Fall 2012 is a long way but you have you reason sa. 5 months interview prior resumption, I think that's too long. It should be 3 months. Why not write SEVIS itself to confirm?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oloworulz(m): 8:07am On Sep 06, 2011
Hello, plz i need testimonies, i lost my waec certificate,and my f1 interview at d american embassy is coming soon. How can i go abt it? What should i do. Would they they deny me visa?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 8:20am On Sep 06, 2011
oloworulz:

Hello, plz i need testimonies, i lost my waec certificate,and my f1 interview at d american embassy is coming soon. How can i go abt it? What should i do. Would they they deny me visa?

^^^ mehn hear yourself. When you know this, why are you putting in your best then? Go to those pages I told you, you see a guy that got his certificate stolen/burnt and with the scratch card as you've told, he got his V.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2011
@imperiouxx-Thanks! Should I write to them telling them about my issue? Is it possible that they could post-pone the expiry date to two months?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cleverdude: 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
Also,if i insist on going for the interview 5 months before resumption and probably tell the vo about the issue of my sevis fee if he/she asks about my early application; is that gonna be enough reason to deny me? @house! Has anyone gone for his/her interview more than 3 months before start date and was successful?Also,if i insist on going for the interview 5 months before resumption and probably tell the vo about the issue of my sevis fee if he/she asks about my early application; is that gonna be enough reason to deny me? @house! Has anyone gone for his/her interview more than 3 months before start date and was successful?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2011
Write sevis to see if they can extend it for that reason you have to deferred.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 5:25pm On Sep 06, 2011
imperiouxx:

Write sevis to see if they can extend it for that reason you have to deferred.

Guy Una funny o o o o .

shey na Jamb abi na Waec You think say he won write to abi?

you better be ready to pay another 200 bucks. The sevis only last for a year. Even Obama no fit change am.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2011
seedord247:

Guy Una funny o o o o .

shey na Jamb abi na Waec You think say he won write to abi?

you better be ready to pay another 200 bucks. The sevis only last for a year. Even Obama no fit change am.

^^^ it's very obvious you are cut off our discussion. He is to write sevp and is there any crime in that? And what makes sevp to be special that he can't write? Websites are furnished with helpdesk and emails for use. You either get Y/N. No comment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yungnick: 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2011
Imperioux got it! That should be a first attempt!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oloworulz(m): 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
I just hope they will accept my waec scratch card,even though my waec is no where to be found. I pray they issue my f1 visa next month.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by elewedu(m): 12:29am On Sep 07, 2011
I just got an admission denial today from New Mexico tech for MSc environmental Chemistry. I had a a score of 1290 and 98 in GRE and TOEFL respectively and their requirement was 1000 and 79 respectively, so am still amiss as to why I was denied. Please can anyone in the house give me advice on safe schools with funding that I can apply to with my profile for fall 2012 admission. I finished with 3.60, and have 2 years experience in a cement manufacturing company as Quality Assurance Officer. Please I need to pursue my masters asap, to further my career and start life early, time don dey go for me ooooo, ma babe one marry.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:16am On Sep 07, 2011
elewedu:

I just got an admission denial today from New Mexico tech  for MSc environmental Chemistry. I had a a score of 1290 and 98 in GRE and TOEFL respectively and their requirement was 1000 and 79 respectively, so am still amiss as to why I was denied. Please can anyone in the house give me advice on safe schools with funding that I can apply to with my profile for fall 2012 admission. I finished with 3.60, and have 2 years experience in a cement manufacturing company as Quality Assurance Officer. Please I need to pursue my masters asap, to further my career and start life early, time don dey go for me ooooo, ma babe one marry.

?! (thats for the third bold)

Second bold: You want safe schools, funding. . . . Then you gotta do alot of searching yourself using www.usnews.com www.gradview.com www.gradschools.com
but the funding aspect may not be visible until you are admitted.

First bold: Check the admission rate of the school that denied you, you'll see is competitive, so the admission goes to the highest bidders. There are many criteria that warrant that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by elewedu(m): 6:30am On Sep 07, 2011
@imperiouxx, I will proceed as adviced. If you have any further information that can help , please do not hesitate. And to the house, I will appreciate information from any one.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 10:58am On Sep 07, 2011
@djunit1@ Imperiouxx :Thanks for the advice. I am grateful.

@HOUSE: I want to thank you all for your support, counsel and support. I'm now in the US with my new friends and room mates who are also classmates. I do not believe I could I have made it without this thread. I am grateful. Now, it's time for business - school- and I'm looking for more nairalanders in my city. May God bless all our efforts with SUCCESS. Thank you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolgb(m): 11:54am On Sep 07, 2011
@ US BOUND

am hapi for you, congrats bro.
GOD go do my own.

@ house,

if anyone is planning / preparing to write the GRE in nigeria
abeg make sure you go to d test centre with a valid international passport
it is d only form of identification accepted. A friend nearly miss the exam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.