Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! (59604 Views)

Should I Stop Her From Visiting Guys? / Simple Tricks We Ladies Use To Attract Men / Correction To : "WE LADIES Should Stop Visiting Guys" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by nicerichard05: 7:13am On Aug 09, 2015
poppop:

That is very very wrong. I see a lot of people that say ''well sha nor be rape as she don do am before'' Its wrong my brother. Someone who has sex regularly can be raped against her will. It is not any easier because she don do before. I also think its sick to say since the girl will be wet during the act of sex, its not really rape. That's a sick thing to say. I don't know if people being violated get wet down there. Perhaps you would know having done it before. You are a sick bro.

You. Mental bro. All of u are pretenders cos at one point in ur tinny life u ave had sex with a gal while she was sayn pls no dnt do it, even though you no she didn't mean it, buh u didn't stop.

See mak una nor dey lie again, 60% of gals will always say stop wen u wanna hav sex with dem for d first time buh the both of u no dat she doesn't really meant the stp.

So my borda rape get level simple, that's my opinion get dat into your head

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by bellood: 7:14am On Aug 09, 2015
Not all men are guilty of this. Looking in perspective, many are simply jst playing while others feel they are trying to put a lady in the mood. Ladies need to practise how to be assertive and put limit on some kinda play. But I dnt rily tink u can jst struggle small and escape a guy who is intent on rape. But some guys sha!!

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by dfrost: 7:15am On Aug 09, 2015
yetseyi:

I agree with you but you should have said a sizeable number of men in your first paragraph not "most men"
even from the comments here on the latest rape case on FP can we safely say most men feel the pain or are not monsters?

I agree with you on that point about a sizeable number. However, did you also notice that some of those that posted on the first page also had reasons too ranging from provocative dressing and sizeable number of women calling them derogatory names. I don't subscribe to retribution because it doesn't give any man the right to abuse a woman because of her attitude which was why I also wrote: let's not feed our demons because they will eventually consume us. Prevention measures are better than curative procedures.

Imagine my neighbour was inside the compound one day and the daughter was outside. She and those inside the compound (including me) overheard when some neighbourhood boys told the girl that they were going to molest her (I really don't know what led to such comment). Joking about it or not, I expected her to rise to the defense of the girl immediately.

You can imagine that the mother laughed over the matter and said "you boys are not serious" and went back in. Imagine a mother could not even protect her own daughter even when it was glaring.

We will surely overcome, honestly. I fear for the girl child (especially the innocent ones) because she's at the receiving end of the stigma (most times) of the whole issue.

PS: I've seen men who can kill anyone who abuses the female folk. Believe me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2015
rezzy:
Some year ago when I was around 19, I was in my mummy's shop packing goods outside. Her shop is in front of our compound, so one brother Joseph opposite my house called me to bring tin tomato. So I took the tin tomato and raced to his room upstairs.

He told me to enter while he gets the money. I was putting on a top and a wrapper, and i was wearing that black underskirt. Before I knew it, the eddiot started dragging my wrapper, I began to drag my wrapper with him. He tried to put his hand inside my top, I used my teeth to block his hand. We kept dragging oo until he raked/cleared my legs from the ground and I fell.

Then it rang in my head that na rape this guy dey o. I started saying "are you trying to rape me"? Immediately, e stood up and started begging me. I just collected my money and left.
grin grin...your. Story just funny die...the guy just been dey mad then...
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2015
wordbank:
Ur conclusion makes no sense in any way. U met d wrong dude so what? So others should be slaves to their own selves?
U r just amusing!

Do the wrong dudes have inscriptions on their faces? Or she should keep visiting until she meets the right dude, by which time she may have been raped countless times? Seriously, would u give such advice to your sister?

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by nicerichard05: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2015
oreos:

You are sick and you need help

Swear dat since you hav been having sex you have never done it wen d lady says stop, even though u no she didn't mean d stop. Saying stop is jst a way of life to some ladies, dey will always say stop., wat are you trying to do buh at d end of the day dey will be d one to moan d most.

My broda rape has levels that's my own opinion, for me if you aren't a V dnt complain that u av been rapped.

As for calling me sick, you are the one who is sick cos you are an hypocrites
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by menxer: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2015
listen to yourself, he touched you and you didn't object, how else do you give your consent?

so now guys should write an application seeking a girl's permission for sex?

do girls really understand nonverbal communication with guys?

I had an experience with a girl that later told me I never loved her enough to have sex with her, just because I played nice guy.

rape is not always black and white, I had an experience with a lady in which fore play bordered on physical combat, and it finally lead to our break up, because I didn't understand her emotional psyche then (that a girl can take pleasure in being sexually coerced).

Rape is not always what it is portrayed to be.
people self-destroy without knowing, and some girls may unconsciously self-destroy by placing themselves in situations that may lead to rap e.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2015
Newcreature07:

For real? You locked someone in a pepper sprayed room for more than 2 mins? You are more evil than the pervert.

The biggest mistake I made was to leave him for ONLY 2 mins or so.I was merciful! I would have sprayed it directly to his eyes, remove his clothes, drag him upstairs to downstairs, take electric wire, flog am like animal wey him be.Do you think i have love for pervs? undecided undecided undecided undecided.

Na those kind dey carry 3 years dey put hand inside their yansh na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by ibietela2(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2015
misspicy:

I support her 100% because I af an experience too n so do most ladies even ur sisters and female family members,buh most ladies are afraid to talk abt it,rape affects ladies psychologically,prevention is better than cure,its better not to visit a guy alone in a private place unless u r willing to accept his advances,n dis applies to all guys,until the tag RAPIST is pasted on the guilty ones faces.

All guys?
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 09, 2015
opeaceo:
Wisdom is key here, but giving a blank statement ( the title of the thread), I don't agree. "good" guys still exist.

How do u know a good guy from a bad one, a human from a monster? U want to keep visiting them to find out?

You must be joking right? I have a sister and I wouldn't want rubbish to happen to her. I won't tell to start visiting guys and looking for the good ones, cos I believe that they re good ones.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by ibietela2(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2015
misspicy:

Yes all guys are guilty until you guys tell us how to identify a rapist...

So how do we identify gold diggers? And fake girls
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by PecE2Make: 7:26am On Aug 09, 2015
If I invite a girl to my house and I am tempted to touch.... if she insist me, I will just conclude "end of discussion"

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Antoinne: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2015
Brugo:

Lol. I will ignore your feeble attempt at goading me. You were begging the question. I only showed you how "simple" your argument was. Why do you bother with clothes? Why the need for any sense of propriety?

Cause and effect applies in the context which I discussed earlier. Forèplay like the term implies is the precursor to a more intimate experience. Why would you dress like a stripper and initiate or engage in heavy petting and stop halfway then claim you were raped afterwards? Had you not expressed consent already?

My dear you had it coming and you must share in the blame. Note the word "share".

Stop this puerile display of wits. pre-intimacy or no pre-intimacy, if she says no, stop that play and let her walk. She could say no and not mean it. It don't matter one bit. As long as she says no, it's no longer your show. Give these girls a break!
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by ibietela2(m): 7:30am On Aug 09, 2015
misspicy:

Reverse psychology does not work on me man,buh I af not seen wer u debunked any fake rape story in ur comment,u only justified rape,if u forgot or u r too lazy to chck ur comment again,u typed dat,girls dat allow intimate touching and reject sex are to blame if raped,or girls that dress in a revealing manner,dats summary tho...please rape is not to be supported at all,weda fake or not until d rapist is proven innocent

This is not 2go please write in full words
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Ilaje44(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2015
Brugo:

Reverse psychology? Lol. I don't want to ridicule you dear so I'll ignore that part.

If you seduce a man by dressing scantily and engaging in fòreplay, it would be very difficult to convince others that he raped you. You are not a stripper and his house is not a strip club with the attendant rules.

What an arrant nonsense: If she says no, you should stop. A girl dressing scantily is not an excuse to rape her. A lot of you blaming the girl for being seductive with her dresses should thank your luck that Nigeria is a lawless society. I can see a lot of you in prison. If any one of you would force your way on my daughter even though she asked you to stop, but you went ahead because according to you she brought a condom along, I will personally make sure you will not live long to do that to someone's daughters if justice didn't take it due course. Anyway, if she asks you to stop, you have to stop.

By the way Seun or whoever care to listen, your word censorship is ridiculous. Using molestation instead of the legally correct term RÄPË is tantamount to trivializing the offence.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by seynAsh(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2015
The summary of this argument is that gals r stupid nd some smart guys take advantage of it
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by mrnuur(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2015
justified19:
lol...girls sef dey rape na.

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Amazo: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2015
misspicy:

Yes all guys are guilty until you guys tell us how to identify a rapist...

There's no fine divide to it and there are too many gray areas. But if I were a girl, I would never for whatever reason put myself in a situation where i'm alone unprotected (as in without a concealed carry) in a lonely secluded place with a man (i'm not dating / don't ever want to date ) who was angry / disappointed / begged me to "come alone" next time, after I showed up with other people the first time he invited me over to his place.

Other possible signs to look out for are:
locked and/or shrouded windows,
loud music / deafening chaotic sounds that drowns your voice from being distinctively heard in the outside environment,
secluded environment,
door is locked and the key (or swipe card) is removed from the locks / no where visible / unreachable,
you're both alone / there's a company of his male "friends"
He's been persistently hitting on you before but you've been turning him down
He's too happy (tensed up, excited, too agreeable) you're around
He can't keep his hands to himself...and so on

When these sort of signs begin to add up, then you are likely with a potential rapïst who would definitely rapë you if the opportunity presented itself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by kolafas1: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2015
[quote author=classicB post=36752207]
Let assume some girls dress scantily to get raped. What about those underage girls?? What about that innocent housemaid that get raped daily by Oga simply.because Madam isn't available, those men that rapes their own daughters nko??[/the bone of contention here is visiting friends ... or have u not heard of girls raping boys??
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by donbrowser(m): 7:39am On Aug 09, 2015
wordbank:

First thing first, let's address the topic 'we ladies should stop visiting guys, rape is real' smh... now u know u fuccked d hell up right thurr.
*Back to quote*
I can't say rape is not real but in most cases that the culprit and victim are adults, it is very easy to spot who paved the way and that been said you know what's what. Child molestation is a crime which I see no relativity between 'visiting the accused and raping the accuser'.

Truth being said, ask her why they give audience when they hate popularity
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by TGM2015: 7:40am On Aug 09, 2015
With many comments coming from both male and female in recent thread on rape and outcry of victims, I can only conclude that, average lady in Nigeria has been raped or escaped attempted rape and average men in Nigeria is a rapist.

ONLY THE LADIES AND GURDIANS CAN STOP THESE IMMORAL ACT TAKING A NORM IN OUR SOCIETY.

1. Guardians should be careful where they sent children, corners, lonely road, night or very early errands, should be avoided even sending they to customers or trusted friends alone to collect/receive /do something.
2. Ladies should according to the OP be mindful of the male friends they keep. Most men have innocent faces but have a criminal /monster heart. Don't trust even your female friends on invitation because sometimes she might set you up for rape.
3. Avoid be non public places most time parties where alcoholic drinks are in abundant and be sure you drink a bottle of drink or water you opened yourself. Be carefully of drinks you left off on the table when you return.
...... ...... .. .. .

Seun, mod and other concerns Nairalanders should promote this awareness almost every week by creating and pushing educative and rape awareness threads to Frontpage. I would I volunteered but I may failed due to available time.
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Brugo(m): 7:40am On Aug 09, 2015
DeeMain:

You just have head knowledge without wisdom and Emotional Intelligence. Blatantly displaying your ignorance publicly and without compunction is the hallmark of a fool.

There is something called boundary and territory. A woman's (or man's) body belongs to her completely, moreso her privates. She is the owner. Landlady. The moment she says NO, stop!

Lack of self-control or restraint is a punishable weakness.

Many in developed countries are languishing in jail because of the warped intelligence you are unashamedly exhibiting here. Many have died or have been harmed for raping a girl as relatives come for revenge.

Rape is mental and psychological trauma. Rape is evil. Many girls are maimed for life. Many re-experience the torture forever.

Your entire argument on this thread is what we call Beautiful Nonsense. Pray for sense pls.

Let me state it clearly for the benefit of those who (like you) cannot make inferences from a few paragraphs; I don't support rape.

If you actually believe this emotional outburst of yours is logical then I have no business with you. Now go back and read my initial comments with my disclaimer in mind.
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 09, 2015
EggovinMma:

My sister, you get time ooooo.
It's just very few my dear that is "clean".
The Nigerian environment is messed up big time . Even the family too, especially the extended one is totally wacked. If you research well, most Nigerian gurls are first disvirgined by their male cousins cousins-cousin cousins-cousin, relatives.
Look, they can only Come here and pretend, them plenty wey dey do am and still doing it. There is no values anymore In this country, so trust nobody, weda na papa or uncle.

I started carrying pepper spray when I was 19 years for this country. Back I school, I had this neighbour that kept coming into my roo unannounced, or invited, his aim was to catch me naked.He did that again when he knew my friends are in my room, luckily for him, he caught a friend of mine naked . After they left, he came back to beg me to talk to that particular one, so he can date fuccck her. I promised I'd help him.

Few days later, I sprayed all my room with pepper spray, bolted my door and went to his flat to call him. I told him my friend was waiting for him in my room. As he entered, I pushed him further very fast because I was behind him (I don't want him to escape it because of the smell) and closed the door. Fuccking pervert! He screamed for more than 2 minutes like a bit tch! undecided
grin...I don die for laugh...i think girls should move around with pepper spray...girls should have that in their trousers as a defense weapon in the event they are assaulted by a male freind..

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Antoinne: 7:46am On Aug 09, 2015
I read a psychology text the other day and the claim is that some ladies don't enjoy sex when it's not rape. True that!
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by ireneidiva(f): 7:50am On Aug 09, 2015
Mznaett:
Op,God bless you for putting this "devilish act" an average girl faces into writing.

I've been a victim several times and believe me it wasnt not funny.

The latest that just happened to me was when a course mate of mine asked me to come help him prepare something as usual,I went and after eating, I was abt leaving but he got hold of me and threw me on top of his bed. Imagine? This was a guy I took as a friend not knowing he was a monster.
After much struggling though he was stronger I managed to escape
since then,I had to set up my own policy o
So your classmate will ask you to come and cook 4 him because he is crippled and you will go? Smh
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Joy1706(f): 7:51am On Aug 09, 2015
searching4love:

u will be raped before the end of this year in Jesus name. u will never escape rape anymore. useless who.re undecided
Ur a frigging bastard.its ur mum who'll be raped. Son of a who.re

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by yetseyi(f): 7:52am On Aug 09, 2015
dfrost:

I agree with you on that point about a sizeable number. However, did you also notice that some of those that posted on the first page also had reasons too ranging from provocative dressing and sizeable number of women calling them derogatory names. I don't subscribe to retribution because it doesn't give any man the right to abuse a woman because of her attitude which was why I also wrote: let's not feed our demons because they will eventually consume us. Prevention measures are better than curative procedures.

Imagine my neighbour was inside the compound one day and the daughter was outside. She and those inside the compound (including me) overheard when some neighbourhood boys told the girl that they were going to molest her (I really don't know what led to such comment). Joking about it or not, I expected her to rise to the defense of the girl immediately.

You can imagine that the mother laughed over the matter and said "you boys are not serious" and went back in. Imagine a mother could not even protect her own daughter even when it was glaring.

We will surely overcome, honestly. I fear for the girl child (especially the innocent ones) because she's at the receiving end of the stigma (most times) of the whole issue.

PS: I've seen men who can kill anyone who abuses the female folk. Believe me.

Alright

Chai some mothers can disappoint. I trust mama yetseyi but since you heared you should have roughened up the boys a bit. Why would a mother even ignore that.
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Brugo(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2015
Ilaje44:

What an arrant nonsense: If she says no, you should stop. A girl dressing scantily is not an excuse to rape her. A lot of you blaming the girl for being seductive with her dresses should thank your luck that Nigeria is a lawless society. I can see a lot of you in prison. If any one of you would force your way on my daughter even though she asked you to stop, but you went ahead because according to you she brought a condom along, I will personally make sure you will not live long to do that to someone's daughters if justice didn't take it due course. Anyway, if she asks you to stop, you have to stop.

By the way Seun or whoever care to listen, your word censorship is ridiculous. Using molestation instead of the legally correct term despoil. is tantamount to trivializing the offence.

Don't be so emotional that you end up looking foolìsh. You cannot jump to the middle of a long discussion and make inferences. Would you gladly watch your 17 year old daughter go to her boyfriend's house dressed like a stripper? Why would you stop her? Why would you order her to put on decent clothes? What is the need for propriety? Why can you not trust in the goodwill of her boyfriend?

You are not protecting any girl by waiting for the damage to be done. Whatever can trigger the act should be addressed first and foremost. That is all I am saying. No one is happy that ladies get raped by those they love.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by dinachi(m): 7:55am On Aug 09, 2015
@ Eggovimma you are worse than a rapist! You are a wicked sadist!
And mind you I did not see where you said he is a rapist. That he wanted to date your friend is not a crime, most men are first sexually attracted to a woman before making a move to date her including your boyfriend so in this your story you were the pervert not your innocent neigbhor!
Maybe you get aroused hearing men scream in agony. You are the pervert!

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by ORALL: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2015
cococandy:

You're the only one that knows o. Not we all. undecided
You dey your house know exactly what happened.
SMH
Yeah I know...if you are pained kill yourself

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2015
nicerichard05:

Swear dat since you hav been having sex you have never done it wen d lady says stop, even though u no she didn't mean d stop. Saying stop is jst a way of life to some ladies, dey will always say stop., wat are you trying to do buh at d end of the day dey will be d one to moan d most.

My broda rape has levels that's my own opinion, for me if you aren't a V dnt complain that u av been rapped.

As for calling me sick, you are the one who is sick cos you are an hypocrites

Ode! I am a SHE.

When a woman says no, take it as no. If you are not sure, ASK her. I will gladly support her when after all the moaning she accuses you of rapecheesy

Rape no get level. Rape is rape
Re: My Opinion: We Ladies Should Stop Visiting Guys. RAPE Is Real!!! by Brugo(m): 7:56am On Aug 09, 2015
Antoinne:

Stop this puerile display of wits. pre-intimacy or no pre-intimacy, if she says no, stop that play and let her walk. She could say no and not mean it. It don't matter one bit. As long as she says no, it's no longer your show. Give these girls a break!

Guy, your approach does not protect them. Mine does. So whose wits are puerile now? Which is better; prevention or damage control?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply)

Working At A Lodge Will Make You Fear Dating / Help, My Roommates Hate Me So Much Because Of My Looks. What Can I Do? / 7 Reasons You Should Stay Far Away From Men Who Bet On Football Games (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.