Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

A Female Friend Told Me This Today - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Female Friend Told Me This Today (55912 Views)

My Crush Told Me This Today / My Boss Did This Today / What My Friend Told My Girlfriend In My Absent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by rapmike(m): 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Quite a number of us ladies are in this situation. That guy comes along, is caring, God fearing, hard-working and all, but we don't get that romantic vibe with the person. I'll say keep him close, not necessarily date him, just keep him close smiley

Y'all are allowed to read whatever meaning u want to this ^^

She can keep him close but should define the relationship as friendship. Make she tell am the simple fact; she is not attracted to him and therefore it can't work, make he shift market go somewhere else.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by dadson2009(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2015
faith551:

Uncle I no be sister, I be brother. One thing that confines us to where we are is because we always believe that something better is not out there, looks can be deceiving, I wonder what it will look like living with a God fearing lady I dnt have any attraction whatsoever for 10years

Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by faith551(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
dadson2009:
Hmmmmmmmmm

undecided
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by kossyablaze(m): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
misspicy:
So i made FP and had nothing to say on this thread Is it that am dumb or am trying to be dumb undecided peeps help me am confused here undecided

Anyway i dedicate this FTC to my homies
1) punkyveer,i know you are at work buh babe come home on time,you missed a lot of drama today

2)My real boo kossyablaze...tribalism will only carry its likes to d grave

3)halfrica,where ever you hide,i miss u on here
I C U bae!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
You know when the entire physical attributes of a person does not appeal to you? That's how she explained it. Even before agreeing to anything with him, she is already having doubts of herself which is not a good thing.
Najyin:
Can the op tell us what physical attraction she was actually referring to. Was the guy ugly, short, smelly, rough or everything joined together. Or what precisely ?
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Najyin(m): 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
LookmanTalk:
You know when the entire physical attributes of a person does not appeal to you? That's how she explained it. Even before agreeing to anything with him, she is already having doubts of herself which is not a good thing.

Hmmmm..... The guy should be close to being a monster then. By the way, is she a Christian or a Muslim cos I can see your monicker carries a Muslim name.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by samopeyemi: 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
This is serious!
She is not attracted to him and won't be proud to show him off......is the guy physically challenged or is it about his look or command of English. Interestingly, she is comfortable enough to keep him as a friend.
I believe attraction can be developed (maybe) but the fact that she is not comfortable to show him off is what i dont get. Does the guy have any disgusting feature or what? Yet she is still friend with him. What type of friendship....to the extent that the guy is talking about marriage with her. What you can't eat, don't smell. It would have been better to have kept him as an acquaintance and not cross the line of friendship if she is not proud of him.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by kechywillz(m): 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2015
Women dont know that men are scarce,utilize this opportunity now,when u clock 30 and above,no be person go tell u say man na man,irrespective of not been romantic
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Nnemuka(f): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
Penboy:
hehe! Seriously? Why dont doctors appeal you?

I hope you dont spoil the mind of my gf to be.
just dont be a boring doctor and nobody will spoil the mind of your gf.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Nnemuka(f): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
samopeyemi:
This is serious!
She is not attracted to him and won't be proud to show him off......is the guy physically challenged or is it about his look or command of English. Interestingly, she is comfortable enough to keep him as a friend.
I believe attraction can be developed (maybe) but the fact that she is not comfortable to show him off is what i dont get. Does the guy have any disgusting feature or what? Yet she is still friend with him. What type of friendship....to the extent that the guy is talking about marriage with her. What you can't eat, don't smell. It would have been better to have kept him as an acquaintance and not cross the line of friendship if she is not proud of him.
may be the guy is a midget, ugly with a bad breath.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by ogaprime(m): 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
LookmanTalk:
They are not dating. They have just been good friends and have been considering and speaking about being in a relationship/settling down for a while.

She should bother to date him then since she's yet to enter into a relationship with him.

And how old is she??
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Missonas(f): 6:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
See as 'keep him close' dey vex guys sha
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by RapLawd(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
Pray
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Missonas(f): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2015
See as 'keep him close' dey vex guys sha.Everybdy leave topic dey quote person that spoke her mind
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by ozodigboo(m): 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2015
Nnemuka:

hmmm ayam ahula ntim undecided
advise coming from someone who also generalized by giving 6 reasons why men shouldnt marry an accountant.
should i take you serious?
You are the stup1d one sad onukwu
Ok. You went around browsing my profile and timeline.
You really get time.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by bronzegoddess(f): 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
malele:

Sorry babe u are a fucking disgrace. Women don't talk the way u do
Only id.iots talk the way u do smiley

Disgrace of a tin smiley
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by bronzegoddess(f): 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2015
Missonas:
See as 'keep him close' dey vex guys sha.Everybdy leave topic dey quote person that spoke her mind

Na nairaland we dey....iz hesperred.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
misspicy:
So i made FP and had nothing to say on this thread Is it that am dumb or am trying to be dumb undecided peeps help me am confused here undecided

Anyway i dedicate this FTC to my homies
1) punkyveer,i know you are at work buh babe come home on time,you missed a lot of drama today

2)My real boo kossyablaze...tribalism will only carry its likes to d grave

3)halfrica,where ever you hide,i miss u on here
Big mama grin
Present ma
Breathing fine ma
On deck ready for action ma grin
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by shiinihost: 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
halfrica:
Big mama grin Present ma Breathing fine ma On deck ready for action ma grin
hal mama, I like your attitude.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by anyaekekehinde(m): 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2015
faith551:
She is not going to marry "God fearing" she's going to marry a man, have kids with him and spend her life with him, physical attraction should be a major player in marriage.
If she's matured, she shouldn't be having problems with such issues

I had to painfully quit a relatuonship lately bkos of this issue of physical attraction, I was nice to the babe, caring and all, but i felt since i was not physically attractive to her, no point in staying with her. Though she later started begging and saying sorts, but i have moved on
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
shiinihost:

hal mama, I like your attitude.

grin i like u too cos u like my attitude

Wats good na grin

how is dis weather romancing u tongue
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by shiinihost: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2015
halfrica:

grin i like u too cos u like my attitude

Wats good na grin

how is dis weather romancing u tongue

omoh dey weather hot for my area....my G dey hia dey fast for 'weather for two'....me, i don really give a bleep.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Aitee1: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
Youngpo413:
uyai iban,abadie,afo aya ndo mien?

smiley grin
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2015
Lmao, monster ke! No oo, not like that! she's christian
Najyin:

Hmmmm..... The guy should be close to being a monster then. By the way, is she a Christian or a Muslim cos I can see your monicker carries a Muslim name.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
As a matter of fact, the guy is not in anyway disabled and he has a splendid command of English. Yes, the thought of developing physical attraction for the guy has been the motivating factor for her not being severely blunt with him. Well, they were kind of paired and no he does not have any disgusting feature.. Long and short of it, her main concern is that she is not physically attracted to him at all. she even says she cannot imagine him kissing her in public that she will be soo shy! I too, I am lost for words but this is the situation she has found herself.
samopeyemi:
This is serious!
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:47pm On Oct 12, 2015
And if she takes anyone to marry and the marriage does not even last say 4years due to something she suspected would happen? would that be wise?
kechywillz:
Women dont know that men are scarce,utilize this opportunity now,when u clock 30 and above,no be person go tell u say man na man,irrespective of not been romantic
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
Non of such
Nnemuka:

may be the guy is a midget, ugly with a bad breath.
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2015
30 but looks younger than her age
ogaprime:

She should bother to date him then since she's yet to enter into a relationship with him.

And how old is she??
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2015
Flip the scenario, would you like that?
Missonas:
See as 'keep him close' dey vex guys sha
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
shiinihost:

omoh dey weather hot for my area....my G dey hia dey fast for 'weather for two'....me, i don really give a bleep.

cheesy baddest
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by LookmanTalk: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2015
for?
RapLawd:
Pray
Re: A Female Friend Told Me This Today by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
LookmanTalk:
Lmao, monster ke! No oo, not like that! she's christian

If she is Christian then she should stop talking about being attracted to the guy as a criteria. What does the bible talk about marriage? Did God consult Adam before giving him eve? He just came out of deep sleep and saw the woman.

No, I don't think she is being a true christian to think that way. And I don't think it's rational to think that way either.

It would have two implications:

1) No homely people, no plain people, would get married.
2) Those who get married when they are pretty, and then change when they get old—lose their hair, get wrinkles, and get flabby—would fall out of love and would have no good marriages anymore.

I mean, that's just ridiculous. And yet I suppose the question is asked because there is such an emphasis, I guess, in our culture that if you don't look really attractive you're probably not going to get married. If you don't look really attractive, you're probably going to cause your wife or husband to go looking for somebody else. And there's a lot of books out there, I suppose, that say to a wife or husband that you're going to lose this guy or girl if you don't stay really pretty or handsome.

Well, he or she should try to stay as attractive as they can. But you can't put that on any of them. You can't make his faithfulness the outcome of her looks or vice versa. That's just not the way it works.

We are called as men to be faithful the way Jesus is faithful to his bride. And his bride, frankly, stinks! We are not that attractive! He died to make us attractive, according to Ephesians.

I think when Jesus looks at us, if he doesn't look at us in himself, he's not going to be excited about this marriage feast at the end of the age.

The word "biblical" in this question is perhaps intended to take me to a text. And of course the text that comes to mind is, when it speaks to beauty, 1 Peter 3:3: "Don't let your beauty be the outward beauty of the wearing of gold, and the braiding of hair, and the wearing of clothes."

It doesn't say "fine clothes." It's just "clothes," so you know it's not an absolute, as though not wearing clothes is good thing. It means the jewelry, the hair, and the clothes are not the focus. And our culture needs to hear that unbelievably. Marriages need to hear it, men and women need to hear it. That's not the main focus of beauty. The focus should be the inner spirit.

So women should ask, "What kind of spirit should I cultivate for my man and vice versa?" as well as, "How should I eat and dress and exercise for my man?" And the man should do the same: "What kind of inner spirit makes her flourish?" because there is a kind of spirit in a man that kills a woman or frightens or bores her.

And a man shouldn't mainly be pumping iron. Because, frankly, most women could care very little about what their husbands look like, unless they're just making fools of themselves. They want a spirit, a strength, a humility, a nobility. They want someone to pick them up and sweep them away.

In their worst moments women Mostly read novels about exciting romances, because their husbands are so boring!

And so it cuts both ways. I think we husbands should labor not so much with the outward man, and the women shouldn't labor so much with the outward woman. Rather, we should all cultivate the kind of beauty that we all deeply long for in relationships.

A marriage is a relationship. When you're old, gray, wrinkled, overweight (or underweight), squinty, bent over, and hobbling along, maybe you'll be holding hands at 85 because of the inner beauty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See what A Lover Bought For His Girlfriend As Birthday Gift(pics) / Boyfriend Of Ghanaian ‘Kitchen Stool Sextape’ Girl Speaks / What I Did To A Lady I Was Crushing On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.