Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Rivers Elders Reject Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Elders Reject Biafra (27471 Views)

Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders / Dialogue: Ijaw Elders Reject Clark’s Team / Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Coolabbie: 11:31am On Nov 13, 2015
rusher14:

Is Akpabio faceless?
Im waiting for them to trace Akpabio roots to yoruba land.
They know our history more than us.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Duru1(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2015
RisingSun1:
Who made these people elders?

I can recall that the first city that started this protest was PH last month.The first PH protest was done by Rivers IPOB no outside help.

It was due to heavy clampdown by security agencies in Rivers not to stage another protest that Rivers IPOB had to call in members from neighbouring states for assistance.

These must be Rivers APC elders,because many rivers indigenes are in detention because of this protest while these socalled elders are here talking rubbish.

If all the people in this pic are from other state,then where are the Rivers indigenes in the streets of Port Hartcourt?

Bros in Nigeria any dumbass could be president talk less of elders. It worries to hear people say why is Nigeria in awkward predicament politically, socially and economically. The fool from Port Harcourt will be one of those empty-headed Nigerians who jump onto wagon in support of Ken Saro-Wiwa. Yet the jackass also will forget the doctrine espoused by Wiwa which he said that "Self-determination is a God-given right which should be exercised by the people should they want it".

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 11:36am On Nov 13, 2015
The headline is mischevious. Rather than use a nebulous term like Rivers Elders, the title should have been 'We Are Not Biafrans, Kalabari Elders". The Nations should stop these attempt at using a single groups voice to generalize on behalf of others.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Klinee: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
belabela:

Sorry there was no biafra land anywhere...There is Nigeria and Mid western state was part of Nigeria.

Where was Biafran map drawn?

Most people of the SS were just caught up in a war and had to choose a side or be killed by both sides. As the goovernor of eastern region Ojukwu had the leverage over SS, which was then part of eastern region. Now that things are clearly defined SE will first have to motivate themselves before involving other regions
Biafra army never kill or attack anybody who are from present day SE/SS, its hausa/fulani soldiers that kill them. Biafra soldiers dont kill or attack innocent civillians whether they eastern,western or northerner. But hausa/fulani soldier want kill any living thing that exist in SE/SS because they are animals. They kill both old and young,men or women and u want us to be togather?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Kirigidi(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
liberty300:
you think it's wise for the south south to be rejecting igbos?

When the south south first fought for 13% derivation on their own, obasanjo sent soldiers to there village and wiped an entire village out..no one asked any question.

The south south then decided to align with the igbos. They got guns from igbos (yes, many igbos deal on guns, ask GEJ) and support from the igbos. What happened? The government listened to them and gave to them what they wanted.

The igbos is currently being castigated for their support for the GEJ, a south southerner. Wch GEJ is currently enjoying even now

Tell me, do you think it's wise for the south southerner to abandon the igbos now?
It is because of all dese ur stupid lies nd senseless chest-beatin dat make we Niger-Deltans keep havin a strong distrust for Igbo pipo nd anytin Biafra. Seriously, why do many Igbos hav dis penchant for tellin lies? Why can't u b truthful at once? Oghene biko o!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
vanunu:

Go and receive sense, if there is no nigeria today, we will still live with the igbos, but the hausafulani will carry their mat and leave.

The oil will soon finish, nothing last forever, don't allow ur hatred for few igbo guys to blind u. Receive sense in jesus name. Say amen.
Olodo, that was a simple harmless question that deserve a straightforward answer and not this your iidiotic ramblings.

I guess you're from Etche nairaland.
May your death wishes come to pass as long as you keep laying claims to what can never be yours in another three centuries to come - go figure.
Bunch of lying barstards.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by kel4soft: 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
Duru1:

Bros in Nigeria any dumbass could be president talk less of elders. It worries to hear people say why is Nigeria in awkward predicament politically, socially and economically. The fool from Port Harcourt will one of those empty-headed Nigerians who jump onto wagon in support of Ken Saro-Wiwa. Yet the jackass also will forget the doctrine espoused by Wiwa which he said that "Self-determination is a God-given right which should be exercised by the people should they want it".

You have no respect for elders. so anyone who disagrees with your ideology will be abused and insulted? Biafra indeed.

Just sharrap if you have nothing to say. So anyone that disagrees with your ideology will be insulted by you lots? And you want Biafra together. Idiots

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by kel4soft: 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
Klinee:
Biafra army never kill or attack anybody who are from present day SE/SS, its hausa/fulani soldiers that kill them. Biafra soldiers dont kill or attack innocent civillians whether they eastern,western or northerner. But hausa/fulani soldier want kill any living thing that exist in SE/SS because they are animals. They kill both old and young,men or women and u want us to be togather?

Rivers said they are not interested biko!

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Armaggedon: 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
Eastlink:
The headline is mischevious. Rather than use a nebulous term like Rivers Elders, the title should have been 'We Are Not Biafrans, Kalabari Elders". The Nations should stop these attempt at using a single groups voice to generalize on behalf of others.
No it should be "we are not Biafrans- G5 elders"
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by robosky02(m): 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
Continue deceiving yourselves, at least this is not coming from those nairalanders you lot love to hate for speaking the truth in it's pure undiluted form.

Winston S. Churchill — 'The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.'

RIVERS IS FOR RIVERS

WE dont belong to BIANKA OR BIAFRA

TELL THEM

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2015
Armaggedon:
No it should be "we are not Biafrans- G5 elders"
Abi o. But are you a Kalabarian.
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
Klinee:

That's interesting.

So who did Biafra soldiers kill in Benin, Ore, etc? You talk about war like a child.

Apart from collateral damage anyone who is not your friend is your enemy during war.

Who is hausa fulani soldier? You speak like one without any understanding of the Nigerian state.

Major General Gowon was from the Northern region - He led the Nigerian war as the head of state he is not a fulani or hausa man but a Plateau man and of the christian religion.

Olusegun Obasanjo who the Biafra army finally surrendered to was a field commander during the war - he is not a fulani/hausa man.

It's a shame that when somebody has a northern/arabic name and is from one of the states of the former northern region people who think like you call them hausa/fulani. It is like calling anyone from the old eastern region Ibo.

There are yorubas, hausas, fulanis, gwaris, nupes, igalas, Tiv, Birom, etc - actually many tribes in the old northern region.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by robosky02(m): 12:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
Eastlink:

Like wise should some misguided people call all into bianka abi biafra

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
robosky02:

Like wise should some misguided people call all into bianka abi biafra
Exactly. Let Biafra be by choice. I respect the decision of others who don't want to be included. The same way I want others to respect my decision if I opt for Biafra. Life is a matter of choice, they shouldn't be any compulsion to accept something you do not want. I accept the decision of the elders as regards their people, however, let them also accept the decision of my own people.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Kirigidi(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
Klinee:
Stop tellin lies! I'm Urhobo/Isoko, nd my pipo who witnessd d civil war said there was no time they (my pipo) negotiatd wit d Igbos to b part of dia Biafra. D Igbo Biafrans invaded our lands nd we saw them as enemies durin d civil war. Federal troops did not target non-Igbo Niger-Deltans. My pipo saw d Nigerian troops as liberators who came to rescue them frm d hands of d enemies (i.e. d Biafran invaders). Infact, my pipo said they heaved a sigh of relief nd were ful of joy wen Nigerian forces arrivd, nd they even assistd d military to liberate our lands frm d invadin Biafran aggressors.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Duru1(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
What part of Etche are you from?

I will suggest you concentrate in knowing Ogba since a loony such as you did not know that 15th brigade of 3MCDO under the command of Yoruba chap who happened to be Major Ola Makanjuola massacred the Ogba people accusing them of aiding Biafra elements of 60th Brigade of "S" Div after the latter had routed them in a battle to recapture PH.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
robosky02:

RIVERS IS FOR RIVERS

WE dont belong to BIANKA OR BIAFRA

TELL THEM
Funny dude , which one be Bianka again? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
Duru1:

I will suggest you concentrate in knowing Ogba since a loony such as you did not know that 15th brigade of 3MCDO under the command of Yoruba chap who happened to be Major Ola Makanjuola massacred the Ogba people accusing them of aiding Biafra elements of 60th Brigade of "S" Div after the latter had routed them in a battle to recapture PH.
Stop talking with the wrong guy. He lacks the traits of an Ogba man, maybe an Izon.
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Duru1(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
kel4soft:

Just sharrap if you have nothing to say. So anyone that disagrees with your ideology will be insulted by you lots? And you want Biafra together. Idiots

You must be an imbecilic goon to think about elders and Nigeria in one silly stream of thought. Does Nigeria look like an entity with elders?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

He's from Etche, Nairaland grin.
I tell you. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Armaggedon: 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Eastlink:
Abi o. But are you a Kalabarian.
no
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by melzabull(f): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
kel4soft:

[s]If you guys don't have respect please keep it to your south east zone. How can you belittle an elder like Chief A.K Horsfall as been paid to issue this statement. You guys are everything wrong with Southern Nigeria[/s].
you and AK horsefall are mad. Who is he to speak for the people of rivers state? do you realise there are indigenous Igbo in rivers? who as a matter of fact a the majority ethicicity in rivers. If chief Horse needed respect, he would have spoken for only his Ijaw tribe. Continue to see Igbos as your problem while your oppressors continue to trample on you unreasonable idiottts. Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Enahi(f): 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
Eastlink:
You shameless Italian. Never ever in your miserable life compare your Edo witch conundrum with us who are genuinely from Rivers. Nonsense. If you no get sense you would have known that those names that spoke out, spoke on behalf of their own people. Except these Ijaw group have you ever seen other Igboid groups speak out against the Biafran agitation. Use your tongue to count your teeth. Rivers state is a conglomerate of many ethnicities. The same way an Itshekiri cannot speak for an Urhobo, is the same way a Kalabari cannot speak for an Ikwerre. Dey use your head.

Who is a shameless Italian? Has too much consumption of Akpu destroyed your brain or are you mistaking me for your useless baby factory prostitutes from the East?

You dimwits should go find something better to do with your miserable lives. You lots ain't from Rivers, the truth stinks to you that's why you can't accept it

The original owners of Rivers State has spoken and there is fucking nothing you leeches can do about.

Besides what's your lord and master saying about this? I know he has heard about this already, he must be hypertensive right now and probably strategizing how to tell another lie.
Anyway say hello to him for me.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Kirigidi(m): 1:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Enahi:

He asked you a simple question but to show how stupid you are you ignored his question.
Don't mind him! Ar u not aware of dia (Igbo Biafra Agitators) well-known usual trick of disguising to b members of anoda tribe wen they ar not? Can't u observ dat he is a core Igbo boy but masqueradin as Etche boy just to deceiv d readin public? Ask him now to mention d names of his clan, village, quarter, lineage or his village head/chief in Etche land, I bet u, he won't b able to tell u because he is a mere impostor. Dat is why he has bin beatin around d bush just to avoid answerin d question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
Enahi:

Who is a shameless Italian? Has too much consumption of Akpu destroyed your brain or are you mistaking me for your useless baby factory prostitutes from the East?

You dimwits should go find something better to do with your miserable lives. You lots ain't from Rivers, the truth stinks to you that's why you can't accept it

The original owners of Rivers State has spoken and there is fucking nothing you leeches can do about.

Besides what's your lord and master saying about this? I know he has heard about this already, he must be hypertensive right now and probably strategizing how to tell another lie.
Anyway say hello to him for me.

You did not see this massive protest coming, you wouldn't have made this lame call as in this post of yours.

Enahi:
This message is for the Igbo people from the land of the rising Sun aka Biafra.

Why have you all chosen to disappoint Nigerians who to an extent thought you guys were serious about Biafra?

Don't tell me all your rantings on Nairaland were mere Chest beating?

You come on Nairaland everyday to inform the world how you plan to achieve your Biafra dream. You even went as far as carving other non Eastern States to your Biafra.
I am begging you all please here is an opportunity for you to actualize your dream of having a Biafran Country, please don't let this opportunity slip away. It will never come back.
No single protest and y'all want Us to take you guys serious?

What happened to y'all has your feet gone cold or has your Chests been over beaten?
Oh poor Biafra, it saddens my heart to find out you are just a toothless dog.

O ye people from the land of the rising Sun arise and fight for what you want.
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
Enahi:
[s]

Anyway say hello to him for me[/s].
Stop drinking panadol for another mans headache. Madam! Face your state and quit meddling in matters that doesn't concern you. Wtf. Who gives a damn what you do with your nemesis the SE. Who even made you our advocate? Sisi busy body. Focus on your witch state and leave Rivers matter for Rivers people to sort out themselves. Abi them swear for you with Rivers matter. Rubbish.
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Enahi(f): 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
Eastlink:
Stop drinking panadol for another mans headache. Madam! Face your state and quit meddling in matters that doesn't concern you. Wtf. Who gives a damn what you do with your nemesis the SE. Who even made you our advocate? Sisi busy body. Focus on your witch state and leave Rivers matter for Rivers people to sort out themselves. Abi them swear for you with Rivers matter. Rubbish.

You dimwit I have relatives from Rivers State, I have right in this matter than you do.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by kel4soft: 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
melzabull:
you and AK horsefall are mad. Who is he to speak for the people of rivers state? do you realise there are indigenous Igbo in rivers? who as a matter of fact a the majority ethicicity in rivers. If chief Horse needed respect, he would have spoken for only his Ijaw tribe. Continue to see Igbos as your problem while your oppressors continue to trample on you unreasonable idiottts. Nonsense!

You are an slowpoke if you think you have made a point. where did I said we have a problem? If you guys are aggrieved, why not do it in your restricted areas? Why PH?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by hydroking23(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
Biafra will only be attractive to Igbo Rivers localities such as Omuma, Etche, Oyigbo etc. But when you look closely all of them are not united in this quest. Core Rivers ethnic groups such as the Okrikans, Kalabari, Ogoni, Ikwerre etc have completely distanced themselves from this agitation. Rivers people have a right to choose sides and they are choosing Nigeria. Why condemn them for not fighting for a lost cause. If any ethnic Rivers person speaks to an elder that lived through the Biafran war they will tell you that the Igbo man's quest for self determination will be at the expense of the Rivers man as it was during the war. So please stop packing your buses and entering Rivers state with this Biafra nonsense. We don't want!!!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by melzabull(f): 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
kel4soft:

You are an slowpoke if you think you have made a point. where did I said we have a problem? If you guys are aggrieved, why not do it in your restricted areas? Why PH?
you are an IDIOTTT. Did you not say Igbo 'are everything wrong with southern Nigeria'? fooool!

and where is the restricted area? I ask you again, are there no indigenous Igbos in river state? you are even more daft than I thought

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by ezeagu(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
realnews:

This ur comment is completely unreasonable. I dont think you are Igbo. I dont expect any igbo man to make dis unwise comments. It is comments like this that makes south south people uncomfortable with Biafra.

Okay so people should not defend their own or should hold their mouth because a certain people have oil?

"According to them, it is wrong to transport Igbo youths in trailers and buses from the five states in the Southeast zone, to protest in Port Harcourt, thereby halting commercial activities, destroy property and cause untold hardship for motorists, commuters and pedestrians."

The writing is on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by hydroking23(m): 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
Even leaders in other South South states like Akpabio and Ibori have spoken and they command a very large following ethnically and Politically. That means no Delta state no Rivers state and no Akwa Ibom state. Soon you'll hear from Cross Rivers and Edo. That means your only hope of South South inclusion will be Bayelsa. Once Goodluck see's his destabilization has run it's course he will dump the Igbos' just as he did when he captured all their votes and did nothing for them once he got elected.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ekiti Executive Council Meets After Four Years / Nigerians Challenge Patience To Debate With Soyinka / Okowa Commissions A Mega Filling Station In Asaba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.