Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Rivers Elders Reject Biafra - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Elders Reject Biafra (27469 Views)

Restructuring: Nigeria Must Return To 1963 Constitution – Rivers Elders / Dialogue: Ijaw Elders Reject Clark’s Team / Elders Reject Proposed Nuclear Power Plant In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by ezeagu(m): 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
hydroking23:
Biafra will only be attractive to Igbo Rivers localities such as Omuma, Etche, Oyigbo etc. But when you look closely all of them are not united in this quest. Core Rivers ethnic groups such as the Okrikans, Kalabari, Ogoni, Ikwerre etc have completely distanced themselves from this agitation. Rivers people have a right to choose sides and they are choosing Nigeria. Why condemn them for not fighting for a lost cause. If any ethnic Rivers person speaks to an elder that lived through the Biafran war they will tell you that the Igbo man's quest for self determination will be at the expense of the Rivers man as it was during the war. So please stop packing your buses and entering Rivers state with this Biafra nonsense. We don't want!!!

Igbo groups (including Ikwere) can speak for themselves. Igbo people massacred Rivers people according to you, so why are you concerned about Igbo groups?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by hydroking23(m): 2:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
melzabull:
you are an IDIOTTT. Did you not say Igbo 'are everything wrong with southern Nigeria'? fooool!

and where is the restricted area? I ask you again, are there no indigenous Igbos in river state? you are even more daft than I thought

Omuma, Etche, Oyigbo are igbo indigenous areas. So the protests should be confined to those areas. Not Port Harcourt.
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by hydroking23(m): 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
ezeagu:

Igbo groups (including Ikwere) can speak for themselves. Igbo people massacred Rivers people according to you, so why are you concerned about Igbo groups?

It's not according to me it's according to history. It actually happened my friend. These groups are causing trouble in my state trying to rope Rivers state into their fight when the majority of Rivers indigenes don't want any part of it. Understand now?

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by ezeagu(m): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
hydroking23:

Because they are causing trouble in my state trying to rope Rivers state into their fight when the majority of Rivers indigenes don't want any part of it. Understand now?

No, because that's not what I asked you, these protesters are in Igbo land in River State, why don't you leave the Ikwere communities and other Igbo groups to do the complaining?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Klinee: 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
belabela:

That's interesting.

So who did Biafra soldiers kill in Benin, Ore, etc? You talk about war like a child.

Apart from collateral damage anyone who is not your friend is your enemy during war.

Who is hausa fulani soldier? You speak like one without any understanding of the Nigerian state.

Major General Gowon was from the Northern region - He led the Nigerian war as the head of state he is not a fulani or hausa man but a Plateau man and of the christian religion.

Olusegun Obasanjo who the Biafra army finally surrendered to was a field commander during the war - he is not a fulani/hausa man.

It's a shame that when somebody has a northern/arabic name and is from one of the states of the former northern region people who think like you call them hausa/fulani. It is like calling anyone from the old eastern region Ibo.

There are yorubas, hausas, fulanis, gwaris, nupes, igalas, Tiv, Birom, etc - actually many tribes in the old northern region.
They only attack soldiers but one thing that is certain is that, in a war the possibility to kill innocent one is there but not intentionally. But hausa/fulani soldier kill innocent unarmed civilians, ask asaba people,port harcourt people, ogoni people, calabar people what hausa/fulani did to them when they invade them.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by hydroking23(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
ezeagu:

No, because that's not what I asked you, these protesters are in Igbo land in River State, why don't you leave the Ikwere communities and other Igbo groups to do the complaining?

I live in Eliozu an Iwerre community that you speak of. They are complaining everyday. Are you from Rivers state?
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Jetjacky(m): 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
hope you know the elders do not speak for the youths and ipob has not gone to a state the youths do not want them in. The RELEC or whatever their names are should know this and closed their biased mouth. We all know they have they government reasesons why they're including the will of the youths in their statement... If they're willing to continue as slaves they're always free to join the north.

By the way see the reply from human right coalition to the military concerning Biafra and their earlier threat to the peaceful demonstration
https://www.nairaland.com/2734192/biafra-human-right-coalition-warns#39979365
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Klinee: 2:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
Kirigidi:
Stop tellin lies! I'm Urhobo/Isoko, nd my pipo who witnessd d civil war said there was no time they (my pipo) negotiatd wit d Igbos to b part of dia Biafra. D Igbo Biafrans invaded our lands nd we saw them as enemies durin d civil war. Federal troops did not target non-Igbo Niger-Deltans. My pipo saw d Nigerian troops as liberators who came to rescue them frm d hands of d enemies (i.e. d Biafran invaders). Infact, my pipo said they heaved a sigh of relief nd were ful of joy wen Nigerian forces arrivd, nd they even assistd d military to liberate our lands frm d invadin Biafran aggressors.
When biafra soldier invade u guys did they kill u guys? They only target hausa/fulani nigeria soldier.
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by ezeagu(m): 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
hydroking23:

I live in Eliozu an Iwerre community that you speak of. They are complaining everyday. Are you from Rivers state?

And there are people who were complaining Aba. Complaining about protesters is different from denouncing their cause. Still, why don't you leave the Ikwere leadership or people to come out and denounce the protesters?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by ezeagu(m): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
hydroking23:

Omuma, Etche, Oyigbo are igbo indigenous areas. So the protests should be confined to those areas. Not Port Harcourt.

And who does "Port Harcourt" belong to?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by hydroking23(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
ezeagu:

And there are people who were complaining Aba. Complaining about protesters is different from denouncing their cause. Still, why don't you leave the Ikwere leadership or people to come out and denounce the protesters?

So it's semantics you want to play? Lol you didn't answer my question. Are you from Rivers state or were you bused in like the rest of the biafrans? Port Harcourt belongs to Rivers people not Biafrans.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by ezeagu(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
hydroking23:

So it's semantics you want to play? Lol you didn't answer my question. Are you from Rivers state or were you bused in like the rest of the biafrans? Port Harcourt belongs to Rivers people not Biafrans.

There's nothing like rivers people, unless you are referring to mami wota and other marine spirits. Who does Port Harcourt belong to?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by hydroking23(m): 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
ezeagu:

There's nothing like rivers people, unless you are referring to mami wota and other marine spirits. Who does Port Harcourt belong to?

Only a person who ISN'T from Rivers state would say something like this. Please stay out of the affairs of my State since you don't live here and know nothing about it. kindly enter your bus and go back to Biafra. We don't want.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
Enahi:

You dimwit I have relatives from Rivers State, I have right in this matter than you do.
What useless right. So if for instance, I have relatives who are Edos, does that gives me the right to meddle in their matter, than you who is a bonafide indigene. Think!
We know our differences in this state, despite our unity as one people. But in burning issues that concern Biafra, you must understand that there are some of us who are sympathetic to it. A typical Kalabari man is drawn to a Niger-Delta republic, while a man from Onelga is drawn to Biafra. We are not against their agitation for an ND republic, but what infuriates us is when they try to paint the last protest in P/H, as one carried out by exported SE Igbo. A big lie that is entirely false. It may interest you to know that my grandfathers platoon as well as some folks from Ahoada where among Biafra's last line of defence at Oguta during the civil war. I am a through bred Egbema dude for your information, and if at that time our fathers never compromised, is it we their children that would abandon our kins during this trying period. Try to differentiate between us, (including the Oyigbos and Etches) to the Ikwerres when it comes to the relationship with the SE. We don't have any animosity towards the Igbos.
Apologies for my initial abuses, but the truth remains that the likes of Truckpusher are not really telling you the truth as par the ethnic components of Rivers state. They want you to see the state as an anti-Igbo entity which is false. I'll advice you learn more about us before you make biased comments again. Peace.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Jetjacky(m): 2:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
Eastlink:
What useless right. So if for instance, I have relatives who are Edos, does that gives me the right to meddle in their matter than you who is a bonafide indigene. We know our differences in this state, despite our unity as one people. But in burning issues that concern Biafra, you must understand that there are some of us who are sympathetic to it. A typical Kalabari man is drawn to a Niger-Delta republic, while a man from Onelga may be drawn to the Biafran ideals. We are not against their agitation for an ND republic, but what infuriates us is when they try to paint the last protest in P/H, as one carried out by exported SE Igbo. A big lie that is entirely false. It may interest you to know that my grandfathers platoon as well as some folks from Ahoada where among Biafra's last line of defence at Oguta during the civil war. I am a through bred Egbema dude for your information, and if at that time our fathers never compromised, is it we their children that would abandon our kins during this trying period. Try to differentiate between us, (including the Oyigbos and Etches) to the Ikwerres when it comes to the relationship with the SE. We don't have any animosity towards the Igbos.
Apologies for my initial abuses, but the truth remains that the likes of Truckpusher are not really telling you the truth as par the ethnic components of Rivers state. They want you to see the state as an anti-Igbo entity which is false. I'll advice you learn more about us before you make biased comments again. Peace.
even Opobo people, my people support the movement

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
Jetjacky:
even Opobo people, my people support the movement
Which family are you from in Opobo ?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
Eastlink:
What useless right. So if for instance, I have relatives who are Edos, does that gives me the right to meddle in their matter, than you who is a bonafide indigene. Think!
We know our differences in this state, despite our unity as one people. But in burning issues that concern Biafra, you must understand that there are some of us who are sympathetic to it. A typical Kalabari man is drawn to a Niger-Delta republic, while a man from Onelga is drawn to Biafra. We are not against their agitation for an ND republic, but what infuriates us is when they try to paint the last protest in P/H, as one carried out by exported SE Igbo. A big lie that is entirely false. It may interest you to know that my grandfathers platoon as well as some folks from Ahoada where among Biafra's last line of defence at Oguta during the civil war. I am a through bred Egbema dude for your information, and if at that time our fathers never compromised, is it we their children that would abandon our kins during this trying period. Try to differentiate between us, (including the Oyigbos and Etches) to the Ikwerres when it comes to the relationship with the SE. We don't have any animosity towards the Igbos.
Hallucination 101.
No inch of ONELGA or Ahoada belongs to Biafra or the Igbos and you can pay your transport back to that area and do your own survey and not ranting here with lies and half truth to sound smart even as your comment is filled with monumental olodoism .

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
hydroking23:

Only a person who ISN'T from Rivers state would say something like this. Please stay out of the affairs of my State since you don't live here and know nothing about it. kindly enter your bus and go back to Biafra. We don't want.
Leave them alone .

I prefer to call them NL resident Niger Delta anthropologists with wacko mindset.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Jetjacky(m): 3:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
Which family are you from in Opobo ?
Jaja's family
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Klinee:
They only attack soldiers but one thing that is certain is that, in a war the possibility to kill innocent one is there but not intentionally. But hausa/fulani soldier kill innocent unarmed civilians, ask asaba people,port harcourt people, ogoni people, calabar people what hausa/fulani did to them when they invade them.

Who are the Hausa people? You still don't get it do you?

There were Ibos who fought on the Nigerian side during the war and there were Yorubas who fought on the Biafran side.

Calling all Nigerian troops hausa/fulani people is a sign of lack of understanding of the Nigerian state during the war.

Again you are reporting attrocities on one side of the war while excusing all atoricities committed by the Biafrans. First it was Ojukwu that declared war on Nigeria. He unilaterally declared a new state of Biafra comprising of the eastern region. Before anyone can get sense of what was happening Biafra attacked the mid western region. The Nigerian troops embarked on counter attack to liberate occupied territories.

I just don't get your sturborness and thinking. How was it an hausa/fulani war? Was Gowon Hausa/fulani?

Does it mean if I speak hausa language I am hausa? Most if not all Nigerian soldiers/officers who had passed through Nigerian Defence Academy can speak Hausa. So just because Asaba man heard Obasanjo speaking hausa does not mean he is an hausa man?

Ojukwu speaks yoruba very fluently, but that does not make him a yoruba man.

If the people thinking like you are the ones agitating for Biafra, then I do not see any hope of this new Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Jetjacky:
Jaja's family
And Opobo belongs to the Igbos right?
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by kel4soft: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Truckpusher:

These guys should not taken serious.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
Hallucination 101.
No inch of ONELGA or Ahoada belongs to Biafra or the Igbos and you can pay your transport back to that area and do your own survey and not ranting here with lies and half truth to sound smart even as your comment is filled with monumental olodoism .
Look at this liar who may not even be from Ogba as he wants gullible ones to believe. I will take you serious when you are ready to quit your lies.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Jetjacky(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
and what's your motive behind that laughable question, got any problem with me?
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
belabela:

Who are the Hausa people? You still don't get it do you?

There were Ibos who fought on the Nigerian side during the war and there were Yorubas who fought on the Biafran side.

Calling all Nigerian troops hausa/fulani people is a sign of lack of understanding of the Nigerian state during the war.

Again you are reporting attrocities on one side of the war while excusing all atoricities committed by the Biafrans. First it was Ojukwu that declared war on Nigeria. He unilaterally declared a new state of Biafra comprising of the eastern region. Before anyone can get sense of what was happening Biafra attacked the mid western region. The Nigerian troops embarked on counter attack to liberate occupied territories.

I just don't get your sturborness and thinking. How was it an hausa/fulani war? Was Gowon Hausa/fulani?

Does it mean if I speak hausa language I am hausa? Most if not all Nigerian solddiers who had passed through Nigerian Defence Academy can speak Hausa. So just because Asaba man heard Obasanjo speaking hausa does not mean he is an hausa man.

Ojukwu speaks yoruba very fluentl, that does not make him a yoruba man.

If the people thinking like you are the ones agitating for Biafra, then I do not see any hope of this new Biafra.
When you see them twist historical facts to soothe whatever they are selling here it is nothing but years of propaganda and I do not blame them but their parents who lied to their own children about what really transpired prior and during the war.
One even said that the eastern region didn't reject the creation of Rivers State by Gowon that was when I knew that I was talking to some bunch of lunatics or mischievous fellows who still feel that they can use lies and propaganda to achieve a unity of purpose .
These guys are amazes me with their twisted mindset that can only be compared to that of a mad man.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
Jetjacky:
Abeg help me ask that Bayelsa manchy wey dey claim Rivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
Jetjacky:
You said you're from Opobo Jaja family . So why are you finding it difficult to answer that simple question.

The Igbos said that Opobo and Bonny belongs to the Igbos and I want to hear from the horse's mouth because you're from there.
Once again , does Opobo belong to the Igbos ?

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
ezeagu:

You lots are confused lying scumbags my friend.
Hopeathand an Ikwere man on this forum said they are not Igbos which was greeted with insults which is your stock in trade.
You prolly want another Ikwerre wannabe typing from Aba to agree before you'll see the truth.
Continue lying to yourselves , there lies your ultimate downfall.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Truckpusher(m): 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
kel4soft:

These guys should not taken serious.
Who takes them seriously these days.

I'm just here to down their already battered useless ego.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Jetjacky(m): 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
Truckpusher:
You said you're from Opobo Jaja family . So why are you finding it difficult to answer that simple question.

The Igbos said that Opobo and Bonny belongs to the Igbos and I want to hear from the horse's mouth because you're from there.
then my answer would be yes, both our general language tells you that, doesn't it?

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
hydroking23:

what is Rivers state? If there is Rivers state then why do you people make noise of rotation of governorship along ethnic lines, why not rotating it along senatorial zones like is done in other States. why were ijaw and ogoni making noise over governorship? please rep your ethnicity and leave rivers matters alone.
Re: Rivers Elders Reject Biafra by Eastlink(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
Truckpusher:

How can you ask him that question. Opobo is a hybrid community between the Igbos and Ijaws. But unlike Bonny that was founded by an Ijaw, Opobo was founded by an Igbo. Not many people knew that Opobo was once in Cross-Rivers state before it was carved with the Obolos to Rivers. Not many even knew that the Ijaws fought for years to remove the Jajas from the throne. Opobo is a sovereign community just like other ethnicity in Rivers. They do not call themselves Ijaws nor Ibani. They call themselves Opobians. Ijaws should respect their decisions and let them be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election 2017: Ngige Body Language Scatters APC Gladiators / Kaduna APC Picks Hadiza Sabuwa Balarabe As Deputy Guber Candidate / Ekiti Executive Council Meets After Four Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.