Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Men And Their Double Standards. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Their Double Standards. (29496 Views)

Deadrat Scam And Double Standards / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. / Double Standards Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Reads post... Ignores...on to the next post... tongue

An0nimus:
I'm tempted to ask how old is the OP but that might look like an insult.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Dcholeric: 9:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:
U made so much sense with ur post.
But please permit me to disagree on just one point... These days, the financial burden is shared almost on a 60:40 ratio my dear...

I permit you to disagree as much as it seems ok to you dear .

60:40 could be what is expected
, but it ain't what is practiced.
same goes for the domestic chores issue.

unless if you're talking base on some foreign and well developed countries, and yet 60:40 ratio isn't still a norm in countries like that .

to be really honest with you, I am being in accordance to realty and not sentimental only because I perceive a good level of sincerity in your posts.

if not I go don Dey state 1000 reasons and events where and when 60:40 ratio isn't even in connection with today's thought, not to even mention the today's world in realty.

but I must confess, a hand full amount of women are grabbing the importance of the "independent woman ",but even at that, women seems to be naturally dependent on men when it comes to providing and protection and men find it naturally a thing of pride to take hold of such reponsibilties.

in essence it is only natural that men dominates in providing and protecting and women mostly do keeping and helping .

2 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by donephi(m): 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
Double standard you call it.
I guess you want to become a man in your next world if there will be any. smiley

You can only understand the ways of men if you know they way of a serpent on the mountain.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by AdeniyiA(m): 9:50pm On Apr 05, 2016
@mimzy, just a simple question, why has the world not known peace since you were created??
you talked of double standard, can you compare it to the double wahala you brought??
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
Dongata:
[b]1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally? Because we are men. We have balls, you don't angry

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores? Because women are the helper not men angry

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?
Cuz the more you rabazamba, the bigger your puna gets. Who wants to marry a woman with an altantic ocean puna undecided

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women? Because this is nairaland angry

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?
[/b]
Ermmm...you won't want anyone to insult your relatives..would you undecided

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?

Why not?
ITS A WOMANS WORLD......ask samson or Adam.
Women just dont realize the power they have, u can turn a man on and off like a switch if u knw ur God given gift.
The hardest of men is a fool for one woman.

2 Likes

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by KoldKash(m): 10:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Oh Sweet Pea, you are getting it all twisted! And it leaves the feeling you aren't very familiar with your bible (that is if you aren't a Muslim or even a pagan, no offense). You might want to look up 1 Corinthians 11:9.

It is what it is (not that I vote for infidelity any how). A woman's calling is not to rub shoulders with a man and share privileges as a right. Unfortunately, our women are misguided by the illusionary idea of gender equality pushed by the western world whose very hankering for unlimited freedom has subliminally conned them into irrevocable slavery.

And men who generalise women as b*tches can't be further wrong and they know it too. Just that they have to find a way to vent the frustration and/or disappointment meted them by such women.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Sunglow: 10:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
ITS SIMPLE AS ABC. ITS A MAN'S WORLD AND U GOT TO DEAL WITH IT.
No its not.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by bukatyne(f): 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2016
@mimzy:

Make your own rules in your own world.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by AssoJnr: 10:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
onstelly:
My sister oh You just said some real truth
lets relate please
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
ZeeAfrica:

hehehehhe lol, i have noticed dat here in nigeria, homophobia is bread, whereas in other countries, people r free. Does dat mean nigerians are more religious dan other nations? Or does it mean dat nigerians r nt morden?
Nigeria is the most religious country in the world. From my observation.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 05, 2016
onstelly:
Not so true hon I wonder why you guys keep saying that
GOD is a he
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 05, 2016
ZeeAfrica:

hehehehhe lol, i have noticed dat here in nigeria, homophobia is bread, whereas in other countries, people r free. Does dat mean nigerians are more religious dan other nations? Or does it mean dat nigerians r nt morden?
it means we dnt tolerate rubbish
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 11:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
GOD is a he
So
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
onstelly:
So
ITS A HE WORLD.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2016
AssoJnr:

lets relate please
How
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 11:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
ITS A HE WORLD.
Gbam
I know that the next thing you will say and like I assumed didn't fall me
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?

Is a natural somtin . Deal with that ma'am!
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by doris4u(f): 11:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
onstelly:
My sister oh
You just said some real truth
Hello dear hw r u doing. Do u Remember me?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 11:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
doris4u:
Hello dear hw r u doing. Do u Remember me?
Wow omg where have you been
It's been a long long time my dear
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
onstelly:
Gbam I know that the next thing you will say and like I assumed didn't fall me
LOL bt are u denying it?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
LOL bt are u denying it?
Not so true
#sadface
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by icybeth(m): 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
Men are not d cause because it's been dat way from d beginning. Found out from Genesis account
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
onstelly:

Not so true
#sadface
hmm cheer up. just that ladies too are standing up 4 themselves but d problem is that the ones standing up 4 themselfs are very few.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by nicolosam(m): 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmmmm! A food for thought. Men's or women's world does not exist in my dictionary! What the op has raised aren't and can't be exhibited by real men! However, it is only a shameless woman who will want to compete and follow the thread of most guys of today! In summary, the society we find ourself isn't an ideal one and highly insane that most sins that guys are acquitted of result to serious condemnation for women. However, the blame may not shift from our women, even if, not soon because they encourage most guys to indulge in such habits. But I repeat, REAL men won't cheat on their women, shares their pain, display high sense of humour with his woman and gives room for genuine mutual respect! I rest my case here. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by onstelly(f): 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
SAINTSAMURAI:
hmm cheer up. just that ladies too are standing up 4 themselves but d problem is that the ones standing up 4 themselfs are very few.
Smiles
Happy am one of them
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
onstelly:
Smiles Happy am one of them
yeah dats cool, i like ladies like u.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by danbrowndmf(m): 11:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
misspicy:

Why did He watch men misuse the upper hand/brains he gave them?

why did he allow some scumbags move freely?

and many more grin
i ask u something u take style unlook am the other day.sad
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by An0nimus: 11:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
icedbeatz:
If you can reveal why you seek such info its likely be an insult bro and i guess its a rhetorical question, She just wants some explanations.

lol I'll bet she's not up to 21. Still not an insult.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by guyXander(m): 1:04am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

What good is a padlock if any key can open it?
Guess who's the key in the analogy?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by guyXander(m): 1:06am On Apr 06, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
Op honey, i love u baby.
This love you guys are sharing.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by guyXander(m): 1:09am On Apr 06, 2016
mimzy:

If I take off my shirt and go topless as a guy, would you as a girl?
I mean, in public.
Equality BS.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by KingRex1(m): 1:27am On Apr 06, 2016
Mimzy. Women always play the victim. You people always wanna be pampered nd cared for bt at same time step on thes guys nd wana be above em(feminism).

Forgettin that guys are egocentric nd wuld take away that care nd respect wen trampled upon.

If you ask me, i feel this world favors nd smiles on the ladies more.. We men kip suffrin nd smiling only to hear the complaints nd nags of females at the end of the.

I am nd will neva be in support of men maltreating ladies, i condemn it.

Also men are easily aroused, some even by breeze. Its natural even in lower animals.Tho this is no excuse for cheatin bt fact is that its EASIER for a man to fall into havin extramarital sex affairs than a woman.. Unfortunately that law ws propounded by mother nature herself. So if at all less pity shld be accorded to any, it shld be to the man.

Ladies should be treated with maximum love, care nd respect but wen thats taken advantage of...? You knw the rest.. Such thread as urs would come up the next day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RCCG Member Proposes To His Girlfriend During Church Service / She Always Felt Guilty After Romance. / Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.