Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,956 members, 7,814,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Men And Their Double Standards. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men And Their Double Standards. (29507 Views)

Deadrat Scam And Double Standards / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. / Double Standards Of Feminism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by smexy(m): 7:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
"man's world" means men have upperhand in most areas of human endeavour,which is true,over the years,women have tried claiming equality with men but that is not possible,it have been so right from the "early man"days.btw,the world is not really that "tough" to women compared to men.

I believe the world will be a more satisfactory place if we admit and accept our place as "men's helpmate" not men equal.
thumbz up for succinctly pointing that out.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by agrovick(m): 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
dare2differ:

Are you sick? Is that what your mother is all good for?
And you had to drag his mother into it. Clap yourself.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
An0nimus:
I'm tempted to ask how old is the OP but that might look like an insult.
If you can reveal why you seek such info its likely be an insult bro and i guess its a rhetorical question, She just wants some explanations.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by smexy(m): 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2016
Stupedinluv:

It isnt a man's fault that he cheats??
It isnt a man's fault that he insults you? Its natural

Some of you women have no brains( i am pissed)

its quite obvious you have 'the brains' for opining such intelligent points on a crucial matter like this.
P. S:its called sarcasm
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
misspicy:

E be like say na only you get "cɧųkųɭɩ" sense for here.

Mimzy smiley here is a better explaination about the order of gender relationship and interaction

Actually I have reasoned this same question and rationalized it,but I have decided to give it time,or I could ask God on judgement day gringrin

Yes hun, he's right. I think he gave the best explanation so far.. Lol, what are those questions you still wanna ask chukwu? grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
agrovick:

And you had to drag his mother into it. Clap yourself.
sometimes you just don't decorate madness with a response at all bro. Just for next time you observe it.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
You have 3 choices, you either choose to be with a man, a woman or be alone. There aint no other alternative.most of your complaints are natural. The way men are wired genetically. So since you cant change that, why not try to understand men and find a way around living with men in peace.....

Women are different from us to and men have generalisations but men honestly study to understand women right from teenage years.... Do d same and have peace....
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by agrovick(m): 7:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
icedbeatz:
sometimes you just don't decorate madness with a response at all bro. Just for next time you observe it.
I read you loud and clear
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
smexy:
[s]its quite obvious you have 'the brains' for opining such intelligent points on a crucial matter like this.
P. S:its called sarcasm [/s]
Begone with your dead brain cells.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by chinonyinye: 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
dis 1 dat most guys re shying away from d question, nawaa...but if its a thread dat indicts women, dey would have run faster than usain bolt to comment and dis thread would have like 10 pages.anyway I'm still waiting for concrete reasons because so far I've not seen much.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by smexy(m): 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Begone with your dead brain cells.
be creative hon..
Dead brain cells
Am sooo busy ryt now,
Get a life...
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Ralphdan(m): 8:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?

Bae first let me complement ur looks,u beautiful.
Secondly pls get feminism of ur mind its western idea nt gud for Nigerian ladies.Ask ur mom she will explain bera.
#winks.
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
Suigeneris93:
still thinking will get back to you
You smoke gbana I swear grin

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by misspicy(f): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:

Yes hun, he's right. I think he gave the best explanation so far.. Lol, what are those questions you still wanna ask chukwu? grin
Why did He watch men misuse the upper hand/brains he gave them?

why did he allow some scumbags move freely?

and many more grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
chinonyinye:
dis 1 dat most guys re shying away from d question, nawaa...but if its a thread dat indicts women, dey would have run faster than usain bolt to comment and dis thread would have like 10 pages.anyway I'm still waiting for concrete reasons because so far I've not seen much.
Dcholeric: 5:10pm
1 : if a woman wants to cheat, she should
go ahead there's no law that states "a man
can cheat but not a woman", if you let the
words of people control you, you shouldn't
blame anyone.
2 : men are not immune to chores, as I see
husbands taking care of domestic chores
daily (even when they are the sole financial
provider in the home), they lift heavy
properties around the house , they take care
plumbing, electrical (...e.t.c ) faults.
the thing is that women are mostly on a low
percentage when it comes to bill and men
are also on a low percentage when it comes
to chores, so it is balance , although the
reverse could be the case in just a few
marriages.
bills most times : men 90%- women10%
chores most times : men 15% - women 85%
my assumption according to daily views .
3 : its same as number one , f*ck and brag,
there's no law that support a man and
restricts a woman on this issue.
4 : It's nairaland as you have typed, so if you
can't beat them , join them
5 : almost everyone is bound to be
sentimental on issues concerning their loved
ones , so it doesn't apply to men alone .
women do say "all men are cheats/same"
but refuse to admit it applies to their fathers
. And some other guys dropped nice comments/explanations.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
Lol. Thanks for d compliment smiley.. I'll be sure to ask her tonight.. Feminism isn't a bad idea, it depends on the context you have in mind

Ralphdan:

Bae first let me complement ur looks,u beautiful.
Secondly pls get feminism of ur mind its western idea nt gud for Nigerian ladies.Ask ur mom she will explain bera.
#winks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
mimzy:
Growing up as a Nigerian female, you're told to sit, talk, act and respond to situations in certain ways or you'll be branded as "unladylike". Women are conditioned in a certain way and most of us have adhered to these rules.

Notwithstanding, these questions have always been a puzzle to me, other women and, I suspect, even men:

1. Why do men feel they should be forgiven when they cheat on their women but the rules change when these same women cheat on them, even once or just emotionally?

2. Why do contemporary men insist women share the bills but they think it beneath them to help out in domestic chores?

3. Why should a man be hailed by his friends for bragging about his sexual encounters with women but they slut-shame a woman who's honest about her escapades with a man she's into?

4. Why do Nairaland men insult a woman who's liberal in her views but cheer on a guy who says lewd things about women?

5. Why do men generalize all women as "_bitches" and '_hoes" but take offense when allusions are made to their female relatives being the same?

Even on this thread, some men would prove me right but the question is: WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?
Fantastic write up , guys should do some serious soul searching grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmmm. Much as the emboldened and the rest of your post makes a whole lot of sense. I think u misconstrued my post...I wasn't actually talking bout women asking men for sex... smiley

humilitypays:
@op, God and nature made it that way to keep sanity in the world and to keep the earth's population in check because if women become as sexually liberal as men, believe me, people will be having sex on the street in broad day light.

Many men can never say no to any lady that ask them for sex....but women are not like that and it's not because women have more sense than men but because God made it that way so human being don't end up engaging in sex anyhow and overpopulating the world overnight.

Watch animals too....the male ones have to always chase after the female ones to convince them into having copulation....that should tell u that all these are natural traits but humans want to change things, especially Americans and Europeans and reason the world will be in total mess with time.

So stop bothering about all those things and enjoy your gender because each gender have something to envy about it, hope this helps clears your mind.‎
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by kelot(f): 8:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nairaland is so full of chauvinists its always repugnating reading the derogatory comments made against the female gender. Much more surprising is the number of likes such comments get.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by flokii: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
@OP

why is it so expensive to marry an igbo lady?

I mean.. one has to think twice bfor getting rid of them incase of 'cheating'... after spending millions o

maka WHY?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nobody is saying a lady is forced to forgive, but its not news that ladies are soft hearted hence they tend to forgive and forget more than men. Its easier for a lady to forgive her spouse after cheating on her than vice versa.

Ur second point...common, of course, we all know its a woman's place to do the chores in and around the home but is it a TABOO if u lend her a helping hand Especially when children are already involved. Honestly, u don't wana know how strong a woman is ...

At the emboldened... Who says a man too doesn't have his own bags n baggage filled with sh*ts that the woman has to deal with

Oh, so cos a man has the pen!s, he reserves the exclusive right to shag and brag? Oh pls! Cut me some slack, whatever in the world happened to being a gentleman and allowing whatever happens in Rome stay in Rome?

U say many of them are senseless fucktards... Don't forget that u were born and bred of a woman of dignity and respect...it would be safer to limit your opinion to ur personal experience...

That being said.. Your contribution is appreciated... MERCI

Sagamite:

No one forces you to forgive. It is utterly your choice, just like when they make their choice not to forgive.

So I don't understand what you are complaining about.

This is a personal arrangement thing.

Personally, I would wonder what a women brings to my life if she does not do the domestic chores.

I would gain all that emotional bagage and illogical arguments that come with a woman for what benefits?

This comes back to the famous key and lock analogy.

"A key that opens any lock is a Master Key.

A lock that can be opened by any key is a Crap Lock."

Look, girl, pack this crap. You are going to get pumped because men do the fcking, not women. So men are the keys, women are the lock.

So their really is nothing to brag about about your sexual encounters of being fcked. Men do the pumping, except you want to claim to be fantastic and mean in bed, which I doubt.

By the way, a girl's friends are free to hail her about her sexual escapade. Are girls' friends all male? If not, why are you blaming men for them not hailing a girl for it?

Many of them are insecure and senseless fcktards!

If they state all women are such, then they have already said their female relatives are.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2016
angrylolz. Its to discourage you from thinking bout divorce.
Smellymouth please do u have a meme for this guy cheesy
flokii:
@OP

why is it so expensive to marry an igbo lady?

I mean.. one has to think twice bfor getting rid of them incase of 'cheating'... after spending millions o

maka WHY?
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
kelot:
Nairaland is so full of chauvinists its always repugnating reading the derogatory comments made against the female gender. Much more surprising is the number of likes such comments get.

I just wonder...its a shame embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
U made so much sense with ur post.
But please permit me to disagree on just one point... These days, the financial burden is shared almost on a 60:40 ratio my dear...

Dcholeric:
1 : if a woman wants to cheat, she should go ahead there's no law that states "a man can cheat but not a woman", if you let the words of people control you, you shouldn't blame anyone.

2 : men are not immune to chores, as I see husbands taking care of domestic chores daily (even when they are the sole financial provider in the home), they lift heavy properties around the house , they take care plumbing, electrical (...e.t.c ) faults.
the thing is that women are mostly on a low percentage when it comes to bill and men are also on a low percentage when it comes to chores, so it is balance , although the reverse could be the case in just a few marriages.
bills most times : men 90%- women10%
chores most times : men 15% - women 85%
my assumption according to daily views .

3 : its same as number one , f*ck and brag, there's no law that support a man and restricts a woman on this issue.

4 : It's nairaland as you have typed, so if you can't beat them , join them grin

5 : almost everyone is bound to be sentimental on issues concerning their loved ones , so it doesn't apply to men alone .
women do say "all men are cheats/same" but refuse to admit it applies to their fathers .

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Oahray: 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
Smh... The average lady... When she isn't complaining about her lot in life, she's busy painting herself the ultimate victim. At times I wonder if it is an inborn trait.

Kudos to the few ladies willing to give as much as they are willing to receive; willing to truly earn what they think they deserve.

1 Like

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by brabusINTL: 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
ok oo

TheSonOfMark:

Religion aside, homosexuality contradicts the natural order. Throughout the mammal world, males have always paired and mated with females and certainly not with males or females
with females.

The female _vaginal orifice is biologically designed to be inserted by a _phallus and not _clitoris against _clitoris.

Homosexuals defy this natural order hence they are regarded as perverts. Nothing supports their delusions.

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Weselion:
You smoke gbana I swear grin

grin grin
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by DedeNkem: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
Because most Nigerian men (including women) have stone age mentality. They're very uncivilized.

Any scientist who wants to study cavemen mentality and behavior, should visit Nigetia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
chinonyinye:

Word... Very few of them have actually been able to make valid points

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hmmmm.. Food for thought...brb on this

gcode123:
You have 3 choices, you either choose to be with a man, a woman or be alone. There aint no other alternative.most of your complaints are natural. The way men are wired genetically. So since you cant change that, why not try to understand men and find a way around living with men in peace.....

Women are different from us to and men have generalisations but men honestly study to understand women right from teenage years.... Do d same and have peace....
Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2016
Word!

TheSonOfMark:

Religion aside, homosexuality contradicts the natural order. Throughout the mammal world, males have always paired and mated with females and certainly not with males or females
with females.

The female _vaginal orifice is biologically designed to be inserted by a _phallus and not _clitoris against _clitoris.

Homosexuals defy this natural order hence they are regarded as perverts. Nothing supports their delusions.

Re: Men And Their Double Standards. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
thats the injustice in the society.
The Guys will tell you that its a Man's World forgetting that they came out from inbetween a woman's legs

I think they need this to be drummed into their ears daily.. I wish they could just imagine a world without women..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man, His Baby Mama & Their 2 Sons Rock In Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos / Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? / Can You Date A Lady Who Cannot Cook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.