Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (54319 Views)

Jerusalem. Malaysia Army Ready To Play Role / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

This is the story of Nigeria, they relied on foreign support to prosecute the civil war during which they lost more than 400,000 soldiers, more than 4 divisions so devastating was the loss that in a Russian declassified intelligence site the Russians were astounded and bemused on why the nigerian military could not win the war, the nigerian military had to rely on starvation of civilians which they are supposed to be protecting to win the war.

As if biafra didn't have foreign support. Didn't Spain, Germany, Tanzania, Russia, france also support you even though some of them they were doubling with Nigeria? It is that same foreign support you need to warn the avengers about cos Nigeria has allies. Who are the avengers' allies?

As for the starvation policy, remember you were up there a while ago trying to ridicule the intelligence of the yorubas. Remember that when the Hausa-Fulani gra gra couldn't win the war, it was a Yoruba man's brain policies that won it. Awolowo used the age old tool of starvation and change of legal tender to weaken them before Benjamin adekunle, another Yoruba man finish them off. How can you be feeding your enemies in battle? All is fair In war.
Ojukwu was even cornering the food for his soldiers. grin

kettykin:

What stopped the nigerian military from displaying the military hardware to intimidate cameroon during the bakassi peninsula debacle, your guess is as good as mine, they chickened out, more so that was even under obasanjo rule the supposed hero of the civil war, he chickened out with all that weapons and military arsenal.

The same obasanjo you said chickened out was the same man who ceded the region to Cameroon in the biafra war. He only saw no need in going against a gentleman's agreement. Mind you, Nigeria's military is number 4 in Africa. Cameroon is far below.

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by okorune(m): 5:58am On Jun 12, 2016
ashjay001:

I hope u realise; armies are trained to kill? And, should they not have any militant/s in their target, they'll resort to killing d innocents! And, with d recent retrenchment in d army, possible/compromised saboteurs from within are being let go. The typical soldier is trained to die fighting, so, only suicidal individuals/risk takers generally join d army in d 1st place!

You know d drill so well. The army are simply expendable, the individual army knows it as well as his family. Thank u for ur intelligent analysis.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:01am On Jun 12, 2016
Temple deydey submarine for creeks dey flex wella
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:02am On Jun 12, 2016
Aigbofa:

Complete bull crap. Is the Niger delta a foreign country? How are you sure there are no Niger Deltans in the army and in the navy?

Sorry bro the few ones your ago don' retire em all
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:

Did I hear you say the fight for democracy paid off when Obasanjo became president, I beg your pardon what and how did yorubas fight for democracy?
are you a new born baby? Perhaps you don't live in Nigeria.

What does you think happened in June 12 1993, a day which is actually today in history? I'd you are in Nigeria, tune in to your TV or radio as all talks will be mostly centred on the day which was a day the Yorubas protested heavily and violently against the annulment of the election. Their brand of opposition grew stronger then as the international community was eager to listen to them. When abacha died, the north had the opportunity to continue with power through Abdul salam abubakar but couldn't cos they remembered the firm opposition of the Yorubasand their calk for democracy. They had no choice but to allow for democracy. If not that abiola died, he would have been the one to take over. Well, another Yoruba man did- Obasanjo.

stop arguing with me if you don't know your history. Tune in to your radio or TV today for more.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 6:06am On Jun 12, 2016
I really don't have anything issues with the military facing the militants but where I have issues is in the military attacking unarmed civilians and subjecting them to all manner of abuses, what we have as military should go and learn from professional militaries the rule of war and not come and be starving or harrasing the same civilians they were employed to defend.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Caseless: 6:06am On Jun 12, 2016
mamabomboy:
A land army with no amphibian training is sent to combat different guerilla ghostmode sects. The answer is simple, the NA will be decimated and butchered like cattle. I just wish the clowns on NL supporting the army's suicidal mission would be drafted by the army. That would be poetic justice.
shut up! How many soldiers did d militant kill in the last militant struggle?

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:07am On Jun 12, 2016
Adminisher:

A few boys are blowing up pipes that the FG and it's partners spent $ billions to build. They have reduced production and are threatening the livelihoods of millions of Niger Delta and Nigerian children. We have heard what they want ; " stop probing Goodluck and his ministers, let them get away with their loot".
God will not let them stand. As you believe in God also accept that his ways are more than our ways. It was God that raised Pharaoh and Nebudcadnezer. Also, the moment God delivered the Israélites they started worshipping idols and been disobedient to Moses.
I put it to you, you don't know God. If you did you won't have posted this

Point of correction not ND ITS CALLED 5% and how can the 5% come from an area where the only source of good life is owned by a northerner? U sure say u well so
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 12, 2016
kettykin:
I really don't have anything issues with the military facing the militants but where I have issues is in the military attacking unarmed civilians and subjecting them to all manner of abuses, what we have as military should go and learn from professional militaries the rule of war and not come and be starving or harrasing the same civilians they were employed to defend.
Tell those civilians to stop egging and hiding the militants lest they end up in IDPs.

All is fair in war. So long their leaders have not come out to denounce this guys, then it means they are support of their call for secession. Blame nobody if their people are given the biafra treatment.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 6:25am On Jun 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 6:30am On Jun 12, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
are you a new born baby? Perhaps you don't live in Nigeria.

What does you think happened in June 12 1993, a day which is actually today in history? I'd you are in Nigeria, tune in to your TV or radio as all talks will be mostly centred on the day which was a day the Yorubas protested heavily and violently against the annulment of the election. Their brand of opposition grew stronger then as the international community was eager to listen to them. When abacha died, the north had the opportunity to continue with power through Abdul salam abubakar but couldn't cos they remembered the firm opposition of the Yorubasand their calk for democracy. They had no choice but to allow for democracy. If not that abiola died, he would have been the one to take over. Well, another Yoruba man did- Obasanjo.

stop arguing with me if you don't know your history. Tune in to your radio or TV today for more.

I now realise why the spirit of hypocrisy is the achilles heels of the south west, let us see how the same yoruba protest will deliver yorubas from another June 12 scenario which is brewing.
If you don't know please go ahead and find out how PDP was formed, how a group of 34 eminent politicians stood up to oppose Abacha when he planned to transform to a civilian president at the time all the yoruba politicians were on self imposed exile outside the country, making noise on the pages of punch, tribune etc a group of politicians stood up to Abacha .

The opposition to Abacha and the fight for democracy was carried out by people from all parts of Nigeria even buhari later opposed abacha

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/abacha_last_days.asp
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kenchizzy(m): 6:33am On Jun 12, 2016
I'm fed up wit NA,they wil beg in private by Email and make mouth in public,hmmn bunch of banana yielding fruit in the absent of monkies.the NDA are waiting for them

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by tohshine(m): 6:35am On Jun 12, 2016
I WISH OUR GALANNT NIGERIAN ARMY MISSION SUCCESS

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 6:39am On Jun 12, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Tell those civilians to stop egging and hiding the militants lest they end up in IDPs.

All is fair in war. So long their leaders have not come out to denounce this guys, then it means they are support of their call for secession. Blame nobody if their people are given the biafra treatment.

If you believe all will be fair in war including the militants attacking civilians or encourage soldiers to attack civilians and supporting soldiers to attack the indigenes of niger delta who are indifferent to the war then how are you different from boko haram militia , Jan ja weed militia

Justifying Awolowo using hunger to starve igbo women and children to death is worse than supporting Hitler using the gas chamber to kill 6 million Jews.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by bashydemy1: 6:49am On Jun 12, 2016
mamabomboy:
A land army with no amphibian training is sent to combat different guerilla ghostmode sects. The answer is simple, the NA will be decimated and butchered like cattle. I just wish the clowns on NL supporting the army's suicidal mission would be drafted by the army. That would be poetic justice.
Sorry don't underestimate the power of the Nigeria Army boy, Mind you all this will be supported by Navy and Airforce. By the time Air strike begin hitting the creek, I hope some people will not start shouting genocide.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by LLVelly: 6:49am On Jun 12, 2016
Nice pictures but pictures don't fight wars...RIP in advance to doz who deserve it(patriots) and please remember thier families when the time comes. Success all d way.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by bashydemy1: 6:50am On Jun 12, 2016
IllegalMoney:
[size=13pt] grin grin grin
RIP in advance to the Northern (abo-kis)soldiers who can't swim n lack amphibian training n skills that will be sent on a sucicide mission to the inner most and mysterious creeks of the Niger Delta
[/size]
Are you talking of the same army that wiped out the entire ogoni land? make we dey see ooo.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by sunshine1974(m): 6:51am On Jun 12, 2016
Nigerian army can take mumu pictures ehn........just go and get the job done and stop snapping pictures.......mtchewwwe
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by bashydemy1: 6:54am On Jun 12, 2016
macluvph1:
I laugh in swahili, those angry avenger guys will be smilling to welcome them.

Buratai no come complain to us that ur soldiers are getting drowned every minute.
Some of you just read and jump to comment, There are diffrent in saying the Nigerian Army and the Armed Forces... Armed forces comprises of Army, Navy and Airforce boy... SO mind you Army on ground, Navy on sea and airforce on air. Do you watch those videos? Those in the video are mostly Nigeria Army and Nigeria Airforce they might both be on Camouflager but check better and you will see the diffrent.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by tohshine(m): 6:59am On Jun 12, 2016
sunshine1974:
Nigerian army can take mumu pictures ehn........just go and get the job done and stop snapping pictures.......mtchewwwe
anyways u don't have an idea what it takes to be in military....
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by shellman: 6:59am On Jun 12, 2016
oweniwe:

Right! Is it proper to allow the looters go with their loots? Otherwise Otherwise others would do worse It's better to spend 5billions to recover 1billion as an investment against financial crime in future
So it is okay by you all the states go broke and are unable to pay salaries of millions of workers because the government is bent on jailing a few people?

Is it okay by you for the government to lose $5bn because it want to recover $1bn?

It is like a shop owner who locked shop to go pursue debtors and is complaining that he is not making sales or profit.... Whereas, his shop remain locked. He locked up his shop with goods worth N1bn to go pursue debtors who owed him N100m... He has been unable to pay his workers salaries as a result.

If I were Buhari, I wouldn't make millions of civil servants suffer 7 months unpaid salaries because few people stolen some money... Even if he suceeds in recovering the stolen money, it would still not be enough to pay accumulated workers salaries.

I'll rather forget about the past... ensure loopholes in the government are blocked and face the future, finish...!!!

It is wrong to make millions of civil servants suffer for the sins of few thieves
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by bashydemy1: 7:04am On Jun 12, 2016
oweniwe:

So it is okay by you all the states go broke and are unable to pay salaries of millions of workers because the government is bent on jailing a few people?

Is it okay by you for the government to lose $5bn because it want to recover $1bn?

It is like a shop owner who locked shop to go pursue debtors and is complaining that he is not making sales or profit.... Whereas, his shop remain locked. He locked up his shop with goods worth N1bn to go pursue debtors who owed him N100m... He has been unable to pay his workers salaries as a result.

If I were Buhari, I wouldn't make millions of civil servants suffer 7 months unpaid salaries because few people stolen some money... Even if he suceeds in recovering the stolen money, it would still not be enough to pay accumulated workers salaries.

I'll rather forget about the past... ensure loopholes in the government are blocked and face the future, finish...!!!

It is wrong to make millions of civil servants suffer for the sins of few thieves
I think am missing something, The last time i chekc FG is not owing Civil or are they owing any Federal civil servant?
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by bashydemy1: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2016
Love Machine:
You don't use helicopter to fight militants who lives in the creek.
Why if i may ask? You don't fight them in the creek you bomb the creek and who ever is inside the creek.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by donbrowser(m): 7:19am On Jun 12, 2016
Adminisher:

I am laughing at anybody who says a modern army cannot operate on water. It is an extremely stupid thing to say. The Nigerian Army is at home in all terrain. What do people think Nigeria is?. There are Ijaw who can't swim and there are Hausa who are fishermen. In the North East Boko Haram attacked Niger Army by crossing on water. People should stop deceiving themselves. In any case, the NA now attacks on land sea and air so people should get prepared.
How come some soldiers got drowned recently in the region?
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by donbrowser(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2016
tdayof:

We have got Navy man.
Right there, wanted to ask why the Navy isn't leading the operation instead of the terrestial trained soldiers?
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by emajoe: 7:35am On Jun 12, 2016
...and after all these you will say President Johnathan did not buy military hardware ?
Are they not inferior again?
God bless Johnathan.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by donbrowser(m): 7:40am On Jun 12, 2016
akinola1736:
Nigeria Army will finish the avengers within a month. Those of you instigating those hurriedly trained avengers should stop. If they had not been Nigerians and that the NA are being restrained, the army would have finish them. Never compare avengers issue with that of Book Haram o. Avengers should thread the path of peace laid out for them. For now, Nigeria is indivisible, it may be later.
Within a month abi? I am quoting you for reference purpose.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by thexzy(m): 7:41am On Jun 12, 2016
This swampy fight is Best for the NAVY. The Army excel more on Ground combat.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by donbrowser(m): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2016
EdoBoy90:
I just pity those who said NDA will defeat the Nigerian Army or arm forces. first, the army will defeat NDA by blocking them from access to food. second, by bombarding them using the air force. third, the army are well organized than them. We are agreed ok but you people shouldn't complain when the hit and bombardment start ooo. Army have much weapons than them. Jet fighters and suivellance aircraft are on ground. we shall see who will cry last.
Stop spewing trash!
These guys are not physically bombing pipelines, even the Army witnessed their most recent actions, they carry out their operations from distance.
How can you fight people you don't see??
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by donbrowser(m): 7:46am On Jun 12, 2016
thexzy:
This swampy fight is Best for the NAVY. The Army excel more on Ground combat.
My major concern is how dumb can Buratai be to send his troops down there without first detecting the modus operandi of these guys and giving the navy a proper report.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by comodo: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2016
If there are other ways this issue can be settled, I will solicit for that. This will not pay any party. America ran from Vietnam because all there gadgets were useless in d field. One who shows off all these have never entered d dense creeks of d deltas. Quote me. NA will be sitting ducks. All these gadgets will be useless. Ur gun boats will stop at d periphery with mangroves staring at u left right ,& center. U use smaller boats to navigate. Sometimes u run into floating logs of wood. Sometimes fishing nets. Sometimes, what u don't even know. Just 1m from u is mangrove swamp. God help NA & give succor to d widows.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by bashydemy1: 7:51am On Jun 12, 2016
stonemasonn:
If the C in C and most of the commanding offices were Yorubas like Obj and Awolowo's sort, the war would have been concluded by now. They may not be very brave like the Fulani but they are cunning and intelligent they handle things with sly and guile. They apply every logic like divide and rule approach, carot and stick approach, blockading approach and every other tricks in the book. That's why the British distrust them.....cos they think alike.
I guess you are right here, The guys thatwin the biafra war back then was the yoruba, OBJ and Benjamin Adekunle.. Shoot at any moving thing even if na leaves move they shoot at it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

History Beckons As Buhari Sets To Unseat Jonathan - Leadership Newspaper / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Tinubu Receives Asari Dokubo, Others At State House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.