Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (678327 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:18am On Dec 06, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I am faceless nameless and phoneless ........ grin grin grin

Only you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:19am On Dec 06, 2016
Hushee:

Lol. Adonbilivit.

You need to believe it oo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:20am On Dec 06, 2016
OluDare01:

This thread was not created to teach people how to escape VOs. You can create another thread for that, thank you. grin

Lol... Is VO now fence that they want to jump and escape
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:20am On Dec 06, 2016
sirRiddy:
Chiezzh
I am sorry about your visa denial but I think you played a huge
part in the unfavorable outcome. Nothing is guaranteed in life but this is what happens
when one does not prepare for important events. You sound quite
ignorant, clueless and utterly desperate. Even if you just want to
enter the country without actually going to school, you need work hard
and ensure you put up a good fight in front of the VO.

Can you turn this whole thing around? Maybe. I will advise that you
learn from this and not just prepare for your next interview but any
other big event in your life. Do not come here and ask silly
questions about basic things that show you did not do any sort of
research. You have the internet, get to work. If you cannot work hard
with little reward, it might be tougher when you eventually move here.
Anyway, take some rest and do not see this as the worst that can happen to
you. Think of worst things: Cancer, jail, MMM crashing and you have your
life savings staked there. Try to do your homework and see this as a
wake up call. Good luck!

Lol..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:33am On Dec 06, 2016
robedolu:
pls anyone traveling on d 11th of Dec. wit Royal Air Maroc

Yes oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:33am On Dec 06, 2016
okesammie:
No dey joke with MMM crashing abeg

Lol...

MMM blood fighting and speaking...

Love this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iekene(m): 4:33am On Dec 06, 2016
Hello All,

Anyone here applying at the University of Texas ..Subsea Engineering or if you are there already. I need some advise. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:34am On Dec 06, 2016
Jokemb:
Good day everyone
I hope everyone reader gets to see this and finds it useful.
I'm a silent reader here. Today first of December was my interview day for us f1 visa.
Conversation btwn I(young boy) and the VO(Woman)
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
Vo: passport please.
Me: okay I passed it.
Vo: why this Uni?
Me: I wanted to start rapping cos I was ready to offload lol she said hold on
Vo: I know you came prepared but I want to have a conversation with you. Talk to me.
Me: OK
Vo: who's your sponsor?
Me: my dad is my sponsor he's the one funding my edu.
Vo: okay
What does he do?
Me: business man into wine importation and furniture
Vo: okay.
Why do you think you got this amount of scholarship?
Me : they school stated its cause of my excellent academic performance
Vo: okay did you write an essay .
Me: yes I did.
Vo : what's the topic .
Me: blah blah blah ...I told her
Vo: hands me white paper
Lol i kept sampling it till I left the embassy building Lol

I'm so happy . I had my interview in Abuja.
I'm going to Indiana by January. Just in case any one know someone going my way too just holla at me.
I wish everyone searching for visa a good luck.
l I prayed hard he heard me...

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:39am On Dec 06, 2016
GodsLastBorn:
Thanks to everyone and the gurus on this thread. Pls I have a situation, I applied for F1 last year and was delayed and recently I applied again but there happened to be a terrible mistake (an aunt helped me with the scheduling of appointment but its my fault for not discovering this problem), the bar code on my DS160 is not the same with the one on my appointment which was brought to my attention by one of the guys that stays within the embassy so the guy now edited and printed out a new ds160 comfirmation page for me which I went in with to go and explain to the attendants inside the embassy and showed them the two print outs after which they told me (on wednesday)that I have to wait for two working days before I can reschedule and wrote TB on the first DS-160 print out so I went out and met the guy that printed the second one for me and he told me that he will charge me #20,000 to "update" and "move" my previous profile to my current profile before I can reschedule or I might loose my visa fee. After I went through the paper they gave me on the fourth instruction which I will snap and upload here, I decided to go and research about it. I want to reschedule asap, please help with these questions;
1. What does he mean by updating and moving my previous profile to my current profile? (I asked him to elucidate it for me but he wouldn't )

2. Would there be a problem if I edit and get a new ds-160 bar code which I will use to reschedule an appointment?( I want to edit a new one to ensure there is no atom of mistake or incorrect information then use its bar code to reschedule and stick with it).

3. What steps am I to take?

4. Is there anything like having two or more ds-160 profile?

Any steps or any advice that you gurus here will give me will go a very long way, I need clarification and verification. Thanks to you all for the amazing job and help you all have been rendering here, remain blessed.
Cc: walspring, Deetus, bigfrancis, justwise, lagosismyhome, slimmy2005, msnas, dickoflife.

Since you already have the ds160 code just follow the advice below

The best and easy solution is to email the US embassy via the feedback option in your appointment page with your new DS160 code and ask them to update it since applicants cant update it themselves anymore but upload your data page, i20, sevis receipt and new ds160 confirmation to them so that they can do it as soon as possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:40am On Dec 06, 2016
walspring, na vigil you dey do?
It's been a while
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:44am On Dec 06, 2016
OluDare01:
walspring, na vigil you dey do?
It's been a while

Nah serious vigil because i need to cover over 30 pages since my last seen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:46am On Dec 06, 2016
Mayflowa:

hahahhahha. Just imagine that fraud. 20k? But do you think this guy filled his DS-160 himself? Do you think he knows his most recent code? The embassy has warned him against creating another DS-160. I just hope he does the right thing which its actually very simple

embassy MMM money... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:55am On Dec 06, 2016
richcasey:
Hello Guys, i'm preparing for the 2017 fall session to the USA, it's a hell of a job cutting down schools to just 4 or thereabout, well i'd like to contribute to this thread in my own small way, the same way i did in the Canadian section last year. i'll help out the newbies with a list of links to frequently asked questions.

stay safe and God bless.

LINK TO SAT & TOEFL REGISTRATION Walspring

CONVERT YOUR CGPA FROM 5.0 TO 4.0 USING WES OluDare01

LINK TO APPROVED AND DELAYED VISAS Walspring

A GOOD REASON TO WRITE TOEFL OluDare01

HND CAN BE USED FOR ENTRY TO PHD LEVEL CLICK TO LEARN MORE LagosismyHome

FORMAT FOR MAILING PROFESSORS FOR ASSISTANTSHIP happyday

HOW TO CHANGE NAIRA TO DOLLAR AT THE CBN RATE WHEN TRAVELLING AJANIEmmanuel78

UNLIMITED MOBILE & LANDLINE CALLS FROM US TO NIGERIA FOR $15 dramaka

KNOW HOW TO BOOK CHEAP FLIGHTS gunther6

LINK TO SEARCH FOR SCHOOLS AND THEIR RATINGS sobastical

US VISA APPLICATION PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH REQUIREMENTS cutemorgan

LIST OF SOME SCHOOLS WITH GRE WAIVER IN SOME DEPARTMENTS mevisbleek

DETAILED GUIDE TO STUDYING IN THE USA LagosismyHome

ADVICE FOR STUDENTS GOING TO THE USA FOR THE FIRST TIME awe2015

THE ULTIMATE GRE THREAD ON NAIRALAND

PLANNING TO TRANSFER SCHOOL AFTER GETTING TO THE USA? KNOW THIS KPhantom

SHORT EXPLANATION ON post study work permit LagosismyHome

ECONOMIC HARDSHIP PROCEDURE ddbluv

FOR HOW TO GET CHEAPER HEALTH INSURANCE IF YOUR SCHOOL PERMITS femi321

LINK TO CHECK THE CURRENT LOCAL CHANGING RATE Priceless200

STUDY THIS TO LOOK FOR SCHOOLS & APPLY FOR GRADUATE STUDIES femi321

GRE & TOEFL STUDY MATERIALS
LINK 1
LINK 2 femi321

I have to go out now, i'll update this list when i get back as i still have a ton of things to post. pls tag me if there are links you'd want on this list.

cheers guys

Nice one big boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:57am On Dec 06, 2016
Lashbeat:
Hi guyz I have been following this thread from the back sit for sometime well this thread has really been of impeccable help I me gaining my visa last monday...like play ...like play I dey go study for jand ....ummm...bad..badoo...badest

kkk lemme just sgare my transcript joor;
My appointment was scheduled for 27th of dec by 9.30am at the american embassy in victoria island lagos omo I stay in dolphin estate si close to the embassy but still my parent made me leave the house has early has 6:00am got to the embassy at 6;38....(omo has I dey come down for maruwa my int' passport fell off and I was walking away like a rat sniffing cheese until on guy called me to see my passport lying on the floor God bless that man for me)..k my first advice don't get to the consular office 3hours prior to your time scheduled... it's so tiring mhen...and have your documents ready expecially your sevis fee receipt else you will spend extra cash 2k to print a new one I fell in that trap and that reminds me don't take your phone oo...those guyz are bastards oo 1k to keep your phone abba' and dress well oo cos it speaks a lot about you oo

okay lemme go staight to my transcripts:

*my head was so good ehn.. cool grin(ori ere ni mo gbe ni ojor yhen) God position one old woman infront of me way no fit speak english rara...I had to interpret what the V.o was saying to her which gave me favour self

alright lemme start

All smiling; grin grin[b][/b]I go kill them today

Me: good morning
V.o: good morning can I have your passport
me : passed it to her
V.o: who is sponsoring you
me: my dad and my uncle(still smiling)
V.o: okay why swosu
me: ( I had practiced what to say at this point but bro I forgot all I had to say in this category..ko funny rara #all them winches got me oo just answered anyhow) I choose swosu cos it met the educational standard and I got to know about the university from my councellor at educational usa(pointing upstairs) at this point the v.o raised her hand and waw using me to talk to one of her colleagues for like 2 min leaving to die in fear...after the whole serere she turned to her computer typed some yama yama and faced me and passed me the almighty white paper at tgis point I was deaf mhen did not listen to all she had to say again was just happy...

so my advice to those going to the usa to study and wanna have visa instantly like I did

1. Pray oo...very hard self..my mama and papa and some of my friends prayed ooo..in my case no long discussion or question just had the vwhite paper sharp sharp..if them deny me ehn...I for go wash my head for elegushi.

2.dress like a student..not too shabby and not too much
3. Staple all your documents together and print the original documents oo
4.don't ever go white your phone oo for real except to have 1k to spare
5. Smile with the v.o act like you know the v.o and has been living with him/her
6. Find a way to ad eac( education advising center inshort go there one Wednesday before your date it is free 9am -1pm..you will learn a lot about visa issues) if you say eyec they can never deny you because narh them them initiate am narh...they no go ask for your id card at all

so that it sorry for my story oo just thanking God

**please who knows how I can get cheap flight to the will roger airport usa holla me on 09053594389

Kisses y' all...signed sealed and delivered...lashbeat badest

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by godG: 4:59am On Dec 06, 2016
Beautiful People, please, what is the current exchange rate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:59am On Dec 06, 2016
ganiyuadeoye:

nice ditches from you guys since but now let take it easy on him and help him out....Let find the way out. Remember we all work as a team here and his failure is out failure.

Please lets help him out.

Can you explain this please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 5:01am On Dec 06, 2016
gentledoj:
In US at last...... Na long journey oooooooooooo

Thanks to everyone.... @lagosismyhome, oludare01... thanks

To God be the glory, In all let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iekene(m): 5:02am On Dec 06, 2016
Is it a good idea to state that you are sponsoring yourself. I am actually sponsoring myself for my masters in US .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 5:02am On Dec 06, 2016
lionlee216:
REMINDER : A Friend of mine just got denied again and he's so bleeped up right now. I specifically told him to defer admission and he sd an insider(agent) inside the us embassy sd the VO wrote "lack of confidence" shocked shocked shocked I just laughed and sd it is a big lie. Now he has been refused again after too much talk from
agent

pls the deadliest question you can come accross is "what has changed in your application"... please make sure u r able to defend it or your application has really changed.

Success

It is well oooooooooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 5:03am On Dec 06, 2016
And to the only wise God be all glory, honour and power. Today's my happy day! I'm thanking God for making me +1 today!

To every member of the house waiting for their application decisions, you will have to cause to laugh and celebrate before this year runs out. And for all December visa applicants, start picturing that US visa powerfully stamped on your passport, because it's happening to you already. Have faith, not fear.

God bless every member of this wonderful family.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 5:15am On Dec 06, 2016
godG:
Beautiful People, please, what is the current exchange rate?

official is within 320 to 330 but black market is almost 400/420 but not too sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 5:16am On Dec 06, 2016
texrem:
Will be strictly offline this week...Exams and papers on point.....wishing those going for interview success and those travelling next week a safe journey...God be with you all....PEACE!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley

Wishing you success ahead!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 5:16am On Dec 06, 2016
happyday:
And to the only wise God be all glory, honour and power. Today's my happy day! I'm thanking God for making me +1 today!

To every member of the house waiting for their application decisions, you will have to cause to laugh and celebrate before this year runs out. And for all December visa applicants, start picturing that US visa powerfully stamped on your passport, because it's happening to you already. Have faith, not fear.

Happy Birthday...

Wishing you long life and prosperity

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:31am On Dec 06, 2016
Walspring:

official is within 320 to 330 but black market is almost 400/420 but not too sure

420 ke .....which year .lol
someone mentioned 480 range recently ... the naira something else now sad

kenniez26:
Live and direct from muritala Mohammed international airport. Be aware that at this moment travelex is not selling dollars oo.God will help us in this country
@ 490 still negotiate may b to 480 or 485

also this site is always a good guide http://abokifx.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 5:46am On Dec 06, 2016
happyday:

Happy birthday to u dearie, wishing you a fulfilling race of life

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 5:49am On Dec 06, 2016
Walspring:

Can you explain this please?

He was try to say his failure is our failure.....typing error [out failure]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 6:07am On Dec 06, 2016
Walspring:

My guy dey jack to break record
lol, am alive jere..... just in hiding mode cus i don give akata belle, egbami o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 6:19am On Dec 06, 2016
Walspring:

To God be the glory, In all let's give the thanks to God

Yes boss, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 6:23am On Dec 06, 2016
OluDare01:

Safe bro

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by pappyyanky: 6:26am On Dec 06, 2016
HELLO MY PEOPLE, WHICH BANK CAN I GET PTA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 06, 2016
gentledoj:

Thanks
Congrats bro. Good to know you made it... All glory to JAH......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by godG: 6:50am On Dec 06, 2016
Walspring:

Thank you, sir. You good?

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.