Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:56 AM

Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (98256 Views)

Poll: Is pre-marital sex fornication?

Yes: 81% (353 votes)
No: 18% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / 5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by sage(m): 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2007
Ok Nwannem Nwanyi, m ga ahapu aka ka udo di.

Anyways why i pointed that out waz that i had seen you relate experiences which you had and enjoyed in churches under women pastors and the same passages by Paul you are quoting to fault tini girl is the same Paul that wrote out the Bibles standards for authority within the congregation, one which has no place for women ordination whatsoever. i was just saying that if you dont have any problem with what is wrong in the bible, its a bit odd  that you have so much of a problem with the other. By your standards, nothing is wrong in anyway with what Trini girl is saying

but you remain my Sister though grin cheesy. i stay away from the religion thread coz itz so passionate. i think il have to run away again.

I wonder why Trini girl is bothering herself though

This discussion should be moved to the right thread
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Thor(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2007
@Sage

The passion of sex far outshines the passion of Religion :-)

Give me a soft girl any day over a hard seat in a church :-)

Trini Girl may be hard headed, but I am positive she has a soft, silky interior. I love her anyways. She is a big cuddly bottle of firey tabasco sauce and I could cuddle her to death any day of the week :-)
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Gamine(f): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2007
preti xtreme THor, anyhow u put it sha, IT IS FORNICATION, AND IT IS BAD!!!!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by sage(m): 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
Thor:

@Sage

The passion of sex far outshines the passion of Religion :-)

Give me a soft girl any day over a hard seat in a church :-)

Trini Girl may be hard headed, but I am positive she has a soft, silky interior. I love her anyways. She is a big cuddly bottle of firey tabasco sauce and I could cuddle her to death any day of the week :-)

grin cheesy grin cheesy. this guy, u are a case

I guess thats the differnce b/w most men and women

Men dont want any justification 4 anything, they just do what they want to do, women on the other hand have plnty of emotional issues
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Thor(m): 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ Gamine

Fornication is only a word, nothing more and nothing less :-)

You on the other hand are beautiful!

My love is like an ocean
It goes down so deep
My love is like a rose
Whose beauty you want to keep.

My love is like a river
That will never end
My love is like a dove
With a beautiful message to send.

My love is like a song
That goes on and on forever
My love is like a prisoner
It's to you that I surrender.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Thor(m): 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2007
@Sage

That is not religion, that is called hormones :-)
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Gamine(f): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2007
OMG [b]Tho[/b]r thts so sweet, but du u think its goina get u into my ****, eyah
im waitin for the ONE ooh
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2007
Liz:

Hi Trini, I'm awaiting your comment on my reply to this topic. Everyone else is free to comment

Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication
« #114 on: Today at 02:31:12 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 6:18-20 & 1 Corinthians 7:1-2

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband"

It is implied here that two people of the opposite sex should be joined in marriage to prevent fornication. This implies that sexual intercouse before marriage is a sin. Therefore whether or not fornication or premarital sex mean the same thing, the fact still remains that the bible preaches that man and woman should be married to avoid pre marital sex = sin. Even if the bible did not call it "premarital sex" - it is implied.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

I believe I already submitted a response to this passage of scripture.

If you have the patience to read through the thread you should see it.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Thor(m): 9:55pm On Jan 12, 2007
Trini_Girl

Do you still love me?

Somebody asked me to send you this:-

It was not so long ago
when I thought I'd never meet someone like you.
Wrong was I, thinking I'm in control
Believing I'd never fall.

All my life I thought no one would
melt a heart like mine, a heart so cold,
a heart hardened by the past,
protected by shields so vast.

Slowly I was falling
without even knowing.
Only to find out too late
I have no choice but to accept my fate.

I could dream, I suppose
forever, I could hope
there will never be any 'us', that's our destiny
so I wake up to reality.

I lied when I said
I didn't love you,
that my feelings for you
are through.

I lied
not because I wanted to
but because I love you
and I still do.

I wouldn't do a thing to hurt you
but I just have to let go.
I can't hold on much longer
'coz for us there's no forever.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by kimba(m): 9:59pm On Jan 12, 2007
@Trini_girl

not too surprised at you and your stance on the fornication issue - even though you didnt answer my questions in the last post.

I just wanted to ask two questions:
1) what church do you attend
2) do the members of your church have the same opinion on this fornication issue as you do? what kind of Bible doctrines does your pastor preach!!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 10:00pm On Jan 12, 2007
I believe the issue at hand is about the meanings of these words.  No more, no less.  trini_girl has made us to realise that she acknowledges the fact that fornication is a sin, but it's not the same thing as premarital sex, which makes premarital sex no sin; so there really isn't any essence of preaching to her now.  Obviously, her problem here is about the interpretation and usage of the words.  It's all about the grammar.  And a good job has been done so far by some contributors here to prove that premarital sex is the same thing as fornication, grammatically.  That being said, if trini_girl still decides to stick to what she read from some website or some book, and pays no attention to these truths that are as clear as the daylight, staring right at her in the face, then all I can say is:  May God help her get out of this illusion.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2007
BTW, who the hell are the 9 people that voted 'NO'? Una no sabi simple English? grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by venusmaze: 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2007
goodguy, not everyone is a christain, you need to appreciate this and not judge anyone
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2007
I know that, and that's why I have not quoted the scriptures so far.  Besides, I am not judging anyone here.

I believe (as I stated above) that the thread starter was only asking for clarification on the meaning of the words that she's taking as antonyms, even though they are clearly synonyms; and anyone with a sound knowledge of the English language will agree with me here.  This is why I am surprised that 8 other people too follow this line of reasoning, because as I stated, this is simple English that I do not even expect us to be arguing about.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by venusmaze: 10:27pm On Jan 12, 2007
ok sry
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 10:33pm On Jan 12, 2007
It's okay.

You're blessed. cool
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2007
Trini girl isn't arguing anymore!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by goodguy(m): 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2007
Now they're 11 people, oh lawd! cheesy
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Thor(m): 11:22pm On Jan 12, 2007
Blessed are the sex makers for they shall inherit the honey pot :-)

Fornication does not exist in my dictionary. I took decisive action and ripped that page out!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2007
goodguy:

I believe the issue at hand is about the meanings of these words.  No more, no less.  trini_girl has made us to realise that she acknowledges the fact that fornication is a sin, but it's not the same thing as premarital sex, which makes premarital sex no sin; so there really isn't any essence of preaching to her now.  Obviously, her problem here is about the interpretation and usage of the words.  It's all about the grammar.  And a good job has been done so far by some contributors here to prove that premarital sex is the same thing as fornication, grammatically.  That being said, if trini_girl still decides to stick to what she read from some website or some book, and pays no attention to these truths that are as clear as the daylight, staring right at her in the face, then all I can say is:  May God help her get out of this illusion.

Good guy thank you! And you are very correct.  Not once have I ever said fornication is not a sin.  And again you are correct that there have been some valid contributions with regard to my initial post.

However, your bias is clear when you say that what they have contributed are truths that "are as clear as the daylight".

I am still doing research on the root meaning of the word.  Unlike some people, I have a life!  grin

Perhaps over the weekend I may be able to dedicate more time to this study.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 12:00am On Jan 13, 2007
goodguy:

Now they're 11 people, oh lawd! cheesy

Lol!! Does this scare you? It means that not all people are blinded by religious philosophy and are brainwashed by what the preacher/teacher/deacon said!

I feel encouraged, there is hope grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 12:02am On Jan 13, 2007
Thor:

Trini_Girl

Do you still love me?

Somebody asked me to send you this:-

It was not so long ago
when I thought I'd never meet someone like you.
Wrong was I, thinking I'm in control
Believing I'd never fall.

All my life I thought no one would
melt a heart like mine, a heart so cold,
a heart hardened by the past,
protected by shields so vast.

Slowly I was falling
without even knowing.
Only to find out too late
I have no choice but to accept my fate.

I could dream, I suppose
forever, I could hope
there will never be any 'us', that's our destiny
so I wake up to reality.

I lied when I said
I didn't love you,
that my feelings for you
are through.

I lied
not because I wanted to
but because I love you
and I still do.

I wouldn't do a thing to hurt you
but I just have to let go.
I can't hold on much longer
'because for us there's no forever.

ummm , and you are??

Are you another one of my online stalkers? lol
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by toksdara(m): 12:03am On Jan 13, 2007
I know that I'm young and all that but this case is a very simple one. Even Jesus said in Matthew 5: 27-28 claims that mere looking at a lady/man lustfully in the heart or mind is already adultery (fornication) in itself. Here, Jesus did not say except the person is a fiance or fiancee. So what are we talking about. It's a very simple and direct topic. Grammatical or no grammatical historical crap, an average person all over the world knows what fornication is and it simply means 'Sex outside the matrimonial boundary' and God doesn't want that. End of subject. 'File', Don't touch it.

Whether or not premarital sex and fornication are different, they are both wrong and unacceptable in God's sight. God has never and will never lower his standards to make man happy.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by TV01(m): 12:04am On Jan 13, 2007
Hi sister trini what's goin on ?

You work all day and post all night! Hopefully that keeps you outta trouble  cheesy.

Are you still insistent that pre-marital sex is not sinful in the sight of God?

God bless & keep you
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 12:31am On Jan 13, 2007
TV01:

Hi sister trini what's goin on ?

You work all day and post all night! Hopefully that keeps you out of trouble cheesy.

Are you still insistent that pre-marital sex is not sinful in the sight of God?

God bless & keep you

my brother TV, much love!

yes, I still stand very strongly by this conviction.

My observations of the numerous and unsubstantiated emotional responses that have not only assumed that I am an athiest, but that I must be a fornicator, continue to amuse me.

I am now of the firm opinion that although people know what they believe, they do not know why they believe it.
If their justification is "because the Bible says", most of them have no scriptural basis, and others use scripture incorrectly.

For example they may use scriptures that Paul wrote to avoid fornication, and to marry, when the issue at hand has never been whether fornication is wrong or not, it IS. The issue is pre marital sex not being a sin.

Others have attempted to use frivilous arguments about words and their meanings, stating that one word might have many meanings. But it worked to their disadvantage, since it only solidified my contention, that english words, can and have been manipulated to suit the needs of societal change. Hence the reason to study root meanings.

Some have condemned me to hell for having an opinion , lol

Any yet other self righteous hypocritical bigots, try to enquire about my own sexual behaviour, to use it as their "aha, it is no wonder" justification for attempted insults.

Very few contributions are worthy of my response I'm afraid. sad

However, many were predictable smiley

I'm still waiting for your solid debate to throw me of my feet on this one Mr. Teacher grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 12:45am On Jan 13, 2007
Please note the following extracted posts from this thread:-

How many boyfriends or fiances have you had? 1? 2? 3?,
                                                                                         TayoD

trini_girl,
One question. Are you in any sexual relationship now? I assume you are not married.
                                                                                                                      by Some idiot

youre hell bent anyway so have fun.
                                                       by  Nutsofglory

The only thing have to say to trini is that she should believe in the lord Jesus and be saved.  Only then will she be saved from the lies and deceptions of the devil.  Do so now before its too late.
                                                                                                          by  Another presumptuous idiot

Hey Lady Trini, where did u get your explanation from, it is totally eroneous and from the pit of hell.
hope it is not to justify and then conceal your carnal interset in this deadly act.
                                                                                                   by Guy that joined Nairaland just to respond to this post

Now,

I did all that to say this.  I hope, that you people realize how judgemental, presumptuous and self righteous you sound.
These are but a few. I think if anyone needs prayer and salvation it would be the people who casts stones but live in glass houses.

Notice is hereby given that from henceforth all posts referring to her personal life, inferring or expressing that she is promiscuous or a fornicator, that she is unsaved and on her way to Hades,  that her country has no churches, or that church has anything to do with her relationship with God, by blind self righteous hypocrites, and all other unworthy and unrelated posts, will not even be read by Trini Girl!  grin
[b][/b]
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 13, 2007
you sought attention and you received it,give yourself a hug!!!
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 12:47am On Jan 13, 2007
Donzman:

Trini girl isn't arguing anymore!

As I said before, most of these posts are not worth responding to.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 12:52am On Jan 13, 2007
babyosisi:

you sought attention and you received it,give yourself a hug!!!

I have noticed that people who share this sentiment with you, are projecting your own insecurities on me.

My motive is, has never been and will never be to get what you people consider "attention".

I simply enjoy a good debate.

However, I can clearly see that you're coming from a place of envy and jealousy. Perhaps that's something you should address.

Then come back with a valid post that would challenge my belief that PRE-MARITAL SEX IS NOT FORNICATION

Blessings grin
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 13, 2007
you're looking for company while you do your night shift eh?
well I work during the day and sleep at night.
nobody can convince you,you already know the truth within you.
Hopefully your "fiancee" will get a conviction before you do that sex outside of marriage is fornication.
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 12:59am On Jan 13, 2007
I know that I'm young and all that but this case is a very simple one. Even Jesus said in Matthew 5: 27-28 claims that mere looking at a lady/man lustfully in the heart or mind is already adultery (fornication) in itself. [color=#990000][/color]

toxdara,

My dear brother, I am very glad that you believe in Jesus Christ and are living to please him.

However, the scripture to which you refer was directed at married people who lust after those besides their spouse.
It's interesting though, that you mentioned adultery, and put fornication in brackets.  Are you sure about what you believe fornication means?
Re: Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication by trinigirl1(f): 1:00am On Jan 13, 2007
babyosisi:

you're looking for company while you do your night shift eh?
well I work during the day and sleep at night.
nobody can convince you,you already know the truth within you.
Hopefully your "fiancee" will get a conviction before you do that sex outside of marriage is fornication.

you have digressed.

yet another one grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

This Is Apostle Suleman's Nude Photo - Stephanie Otobo Says / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Bride's Hair Cut Off At Mountain Of Fire Church On Her Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.