Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,741 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? (36462 Views)

Why Do Men Always Give Me Dirty Looks In Church? / Stay Away From My Wife-husband Calls Out Man Toasting His Wife On Facebook / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by DaisyII: 9:14am On Feb 01, 2017
The issue of beauty is subjective & relative.However, good look is a major force of attraction.Although personally,i'll choose a man with prospect anytime.What's your take?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Mizzile: 9:26am On Feb 01, 2017
I cannot be with someone I am not physically attracted to so its a criterion I cannot neglect.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Dyt(f): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2017
Physical attraction is always first
Something about you must make me wanna smile with you

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2017
Well we can't deny the fact that looking good is the first thing to notice but it should not be the MAIN reason you wanna date or marry. Looks fade my dear.

Get to notice how this handsome/beautiful person treats a waiter.

Notice how he/she talks to others on phone.

See the way he/she reacts to things and how he/she handles it......
Because he/she will soon do the same thing to you smiley

179 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by pocohantas(f): 11:24am On Feb 01, 2017
Physical appearance is very important to me.
You'll chose a man with prospects? Are there no handsome men with prospects?

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by DaisyII: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2017
pocohantas:
Of course,there are quite a number of them.But 'ditching' a man cos of looks?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by crackhaus: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
It depends on my mood. 0 to 100 or 100 to 0 real quick angry angry

2 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by pocohantas(f): 3:03am On Feb 02, 2017
DaisyII:
Of course,there are quite a number of them.But 'ditching' a man cos of looks?
Ditching?
Who is talking about 'ditching' here. You mentioned force of attraction, I won't even be attracted in the first place.
I don't see prospects at first sight, do you?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Ditching?
Who is talking about 'ditching' here. You mentioned force of attraction, I won't even be attracted in the first place.

Looks are deceptive sha, but it is a force of attraction. I'm usually attracted to pretty faces, I'm not the big booty & ass type. But then i get disappointed after meeting them, cuz they always have one attitude problem or the other. I'm tired mehn.

17 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by pocohantas(f): 4:22am On Feb 02, 2017
truthsayer007:

Looks are deceptive sha, but it is a force of attraction. I'm usually attracted to pretty faces, I'm not the big booty & ass type. But then i get disappointed after meeting them, cuz they always have one attitude problem or the other. I'm tired mehn.
Lol.
Anyone could have an attitude problem. I don't have attitude problems, I am ugly. smiley
Don't be tired yet, the saying that fine girls have bad attitude is a stereotype.

21 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Lol.
Anyone could have an attitude problem. I don't have attitude problems, I am ugly. smiley
Don't be tired yet, the saying that fine girls have bad attitude is a stereotype.

Haha, I won't be surprised if u're actually very pretty lol, I know u're just saying that to make a point.

The stereotype exist and its real, they have a sense of entitlement that you should be happy u are even with them. But then..me too, I don't want to settle for less.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by austinereds(m): 11:33am On Feb 02, 2017
HateU2:
Well we can't deny the fact that looking good is the first thing to notice but it should not be the MAIN reason you wanna date or marry. Looks fade my dear.

God bless you jaree. u talk am finish.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by DaisyII: 9:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Ditching?
oh,i see it.You have a point
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by emmasmith1030: 8:30am On Feb 03, 2017
A healthy marriage takes commitment, time and effort. If you and your spouse are experiencing serious conflicts in your relationship. Marriage and family therapists provides a unique counseling approach to resolve the conflicts.

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by jashar(f): 8:59am On Feb 03, 2017
at least, let him be attractive to me....

2 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2017
pocohantas:

You misunderstood the op.
There are handsome guys with prospect while there are still other handsome ones without prospect but what makes someone want to spend his/her life with you isn't looks...it goes beyond your mere looks.

Looks is minor...fine boy without a penny or future plans isn't worth being with.

Character/prospect is major...this is golden in choosing a life partner.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by pocohantas(f): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
There are handsome guys with prospect while there are still other handsome ones without prospect but what makes someone want to spend his/her life with you isn't looks...it goes beyond your mere looks.
@ Benita27, Don't try to play 'deep' with me.
The question is simple, how much importance do you attach to physical looks. Not do you take physical looks above prospects.
My answer is simple, very important.

Looks is minor...fine boy without a penny or future plans isn't worth being with.
Character/prospect is major...this is golden in choosing a life partner.
I guess I missed where she said one is major and the other minor
Our definitions of minor and major differ. Yours is character and prospect, some others will chose money and looks.
None of these qualities are independent of the other, there are humans with that balance, that's the kind of man I want.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2017
pocohantas:

@ Benita27, Don't try to play 'deep' with me.
The question is simple, how much importance do you attach to physical looks. Not do you take physical looks above prospects.
My answer is simple, very important.

I guess I missed where she said one is major and the other minor
Our definitions of minor and major differ. Yours is character and prospect, some others will chose money and looks.
None of these qualities are independent of the other, there are humans with that balance, that's the kind of man I want.
The question reads " how much importance do you place on looks while choosing a wife/husband". About playing deep on you...it's in your head, i only submitted an opinion which was contrary to yours...now, on your last paragraph, you made sense.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by pocohantas(f): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
Benita27:
The question reads " how much importance do you place on looks while choosing a wife/husband". About playing deep on you...it's in your head, i only submitted an opinion which was contrary to yours...now, on your last paragraph, you made sense.

This isn't you making a 'submission'. This is you, dismissing my opinion and putting yours forward and atop. I didn't misunderstand her, I understood her perfectly and submitted my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
pocohantas:

This isn't you making a 'submission'. This is you, dismissing my opinion and putting yours forward and atop. I didn't misunderstand her, I understood her perfectly and submitted my opinion.
Of course, i dismissed your initial point of view based on the op's question, that is called an 'opinion' before you sounded like you're having menstrual cramps.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by pocohantas(f): 5:34pm On Feb 03, 2017
Benita27:
Of course, i dismissed your initial point of view based on the op's question, that is called an 'opinion' before you sounded like you're having menstrual cramps.
Alright, your opinion has been duly noted.

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by konkonbilo(m): 4:23am On Feb 04, 2017
HateU2:

Nice tips

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by DaisyII: 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
pocohantas:

Ditching?
That's a point too
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
Please I don't want ugly looking kids so hell yeah, looks matters then we can move to character.

I'm not attracted to ugly looking guys.

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Hannysmilez(f): 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
prospect is important but nothing says he cant be handsome nd have prospect.
I won't begin a romantic relationship with a man i'm nt physically attractd to. He does not have to be in the league of Beckham,just don't be ugly.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 06, 2017
Physical attraction for me takes time. I've never dated based on looks. and luckily for me, I don't meet ugly men.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Theophinio(m): 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2017
HateU2:

That's it

3 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Olasco93: 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2017
Look is temporal, character is permanent.
In 10-20years time, looks won't keep your relationship, but character/behaviour/personality will.
I'll rather marry the physically ugly woman with excellent attributes here on earth and have an amazing union and Make-Heaven easily; instead of shortening my lifespan because of one Physically beautiful but terrible Obiangelli. Because your Union can make or distabilize you.
Looks fades away, but character doesn't.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2017
Very great importance ooooooo.

I cannot come and marry a lady that's as short as Buhari's brain

2 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
Great importance considering how ugly I look. I have to secure my yet unborn children's looks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by varmint: 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
Not very important. I prefer women who can hold intelligent conversations, women with the ability to make decisions on their own, women who don't feel inferior to men.... Women that are leaders.

Good example is the character portrayed in 300 by the wife of Leonidas. I just want to meet a woman of that mould.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Thisis2raw(m): 9:08pm On Feb 06, 2017
I rather marry a ugly woman with good character, than a beautiful woman with Wahala

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

You Know She's From The Ghetto When...? / Was I Too Fast In Defining The Relationship? / Kupe Boy, Jimseuh And Girlfriend Loved Up In New Photos And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.