Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? (36538 Views)

Why Do Men Always Give Me Dirty Looks In Church? / Stay Away From My Wife-husband Calls Out Man Toasting His Wife On Facebook / How Much Importance Do You Attach To Your Birthday?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
Character will always be more important to me. It doesn't matter to me how good looking a man is, if he has terrible character or lacks 1, 2 or more non-physical qualities that are important to me, he can take his good looks elsewhere and find a shallow female to impress. In the grand scheme of things I've never been moved by mere looks alone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Missmossy(f): 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
He doesn't need to look like Brad Pitt grin at least he should be presentable. I have a handsome man though, I'm blessed already cheesy who says you can't have it all??
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Toks2008(m): 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2017
JennieCutie4U:
I don't really care much about looks but I look out for a man with vision nd prospect, disciplined nd principled, intelligent and has a good sense of humour, knows how to treat a lady like a queen plus a good dress sense, lover of God... if he has all or atleast most of these attributes then am already falling head over heels in love....forget about looks jare

What if he is so poor yet has all these?

No lie o ..talk true
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by INTERMAN: 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
Azil:
You can be average looking facially,no matter. Just be TALL!
madooo
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Toks2008(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
Missmossy:
He doesn't need to look like Brad Pitt grin at least he should be presentable. I have a handsome man though, I'm blessed already cheesy who says you can't have it all??

No one has it all.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by CSTR2: 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2017
ehix89:
When you see a girl that's ready to settle down you'll always know
Physical beauty used to be the main thing for me maybe 5-10 years ago, but not anymore. Not after my varied experience during the whole dating phase.
The pretty ones just leaves this shallowness after you have truely gotten to the dating part that makes it feel like you can do much better.
It is not just a stereotype anymore. A lot of very pretty girls are dumb, and it is scary to think your kids are going to be inheriting this dumb woman's IQ.
The smartest ladies with great family building prospects are not very stunning facially. Nature has a way of compensating, i guess.
The very pretty brainiacs are as rare as a unicorn.

10 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
Haute:

Are you good-looking yourself?
Yes tongue.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 06, 2017
luminouz:

Wife of Leonidas ko....wife of Matthias ni.....such women only follow warriors like Leonidas... Not indomie slurping e-warriors like u! grin

Shet!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2017
CSTR2:
Physical beauty used to be the main thing for me maybe 5-10 years ago, but not anymore. Not after my varied experience during the whole dating phase.
The pretty ones just leaves this shallowness after you have truely gotten to the dating part that makes it feel like you can do much better.
It is not just a stereotype anymore. A lot of very pretty girls are dumb, and it is scary to think your kids are going to be inheriting this dumb woman's IQ.
The smartest ladies with great family building prospects are not very stunning facially. Nature has a way of compensating, i guess.
The very pretty brainiacs are as rare as a unicorn.
You are yet to meet pretty genius, they are everywhere.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Donjazzy12(m): 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2017
JennieCutie4U:
I don't really care much about looks but I look out for a man with vision nd prospect, disciplined nd principled, intelligent and has a good sense of humour, knows how to treat a lady like a queen plus a good dress sense, lover of God... if he has all or atleast most of these attributes then am already falling head over heels in love....forget about looks jare
And you do you know how to treat a man like a king? Old witch

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Donjazzy12(m): 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
CzarChris:
Bros I said this same thing years ago, but now? I am currently dating a girl that is not even close to someone who will give a negative reading when compared to my exes(like literally) , but I since I've been together with this girl, I have never been this happy and satisfied in my entire life. I am currently in at a crossroad right now.
You are being bleeped Royaly by her, such a pity!
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by fairheven: 10:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
miss Nigeria 1963 undecided

compare then are now, so you know beauty has it "shine" but life has it "shreds"

when you embarking on a long journey, you don't go looking for a fine looking car, but rather you look for the most reliable car to take you to your destination.
marriage is a loooong journey, don't look for beauty, look for durability and reliability

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by vislabraye(m): 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2017
DaisyII:
The issue of beauty is subjective & relative.However, good look is a major force of attraction.Although personally,i'll choose a man with prospect anytime.What's your take?

That's, you would prefer a rich Taribo West to an average wealthy Idris Elber.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by kunlesmiles(m): 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2017
SeniorZato:

I married my wife cox she is beautiful but later realized her attitude is even more beautiful. I give God the glory
bro,i luv and envy ur testimony,i tap into ur annoiting,cos pretty ladies ar drama Queens.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by vislabraye(m): 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2017
fairheven:
miss Nigeria 1963 undecided

compare then are now, so you know beauty has it "shine" but life has it "shreds"

when you embarking on a long journey, you don't go looking for a fine looking car, but rather you look for the most reliable car to take you to your destination.
marriage is a loooong journey, don't look for beauty, look for durability and reliability

So beauty aint important at all ?
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Mightyraw(m): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
Av neva seen an ugly girl with gud attitude

They alwais bitter and aggresive

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by CSTR2: 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
ToriBlue:
You are yet to meet pretty genius, they are everywhere.
I can't seem to find them in my clique. And i mean top-level professional organizations.
Most of the ladies there are not very fine facially and they are only ones with the class and the talent to work there. Out of a randomly chosen 100 ladies in a place like KPMG or Shell, only two ladies would be stunners and more often than not are already hitched to one guy somewhere.
So a lot of guys there are settling for just brains. That is our dating pool anyway.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by StupidYorubaFool: 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2017
Mizzile:
I cannot be with someone I am not physically attracted to so its a criterion I cannot neglect.
rubbish, while you must be as ugly as that black panther in your dp.
Nonsense
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
CSTR2:

I can't seem to find them in my clique. And i mean top-level professional organizations.
Most of the ladies there are not very fine facially and they are only ones with the class and the talent to work there. Out of a randomly chosen 100 ladies in a place like KPMG or Shell, only two ladies would be stunners and more often than not are already hitched to one guy somewhere.
So a lot of guys there are settling for just brains. That is our dating pool anyway.

And you will still cheat on them with the pretty ones.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Jarus(m): 10:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
Let me say 50%
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by piagetskinner(m): 10:40pm On Feb 06, 2017
I choose character first...beauty comes second..I've come in contact with ladies who are pretty, but that preetiness just gets into their head, and they just behave anyhow..that is a total turn off for me.

Character stands the test of time, beauty doesn't. But that's not to say I move close to ugly ladies

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by StupidYorubaFool: 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
pocohantas:
Physical appearance is very important to me.
You'll chose a man with prospects? Are there no handsome men with prospects?

rubbish...

Goingape Goingape1 come and see rubbish that a poor ugly naija girl has posted.
Dey there dey big ur head dey look for fine handsome man.
When you reach 40 still single you'd be forced to become a baby mama because of desperation and frustration.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Freemancharles9(m): 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
After all this una opinion, some of u will still kiss the like obj and also give him a head... Abi dat one no be romance to someone u r not physically attracted to?

Ladies and pretence are like Liverpool Manchester United..

Abeg is 10:42pm mk I sleep..
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Doghari: 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2017
Abagworo:
Looks is almost useless when choosing a life partner.

Because we all know what you look like .. A gor....a. grin
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by pocohantas(f): 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2017
StupidYorubaFool:
rubbish...

Goingape Goingape1 come and see rubbish that a poor ugly naija girl has posted.
Dey there dey big ur head dey look for fine handsome man.
When you reach 40 still single you'd be forced to become a baby mama because of desperation and frustration.
Do you have anything else to say?
Stop threatening people with old age...it's actually a good thing to get to 40.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Doghari: 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
Haute:

One thing females fail to realize is: handsome guys with prospects hardly have any time for you. Cos he has options. Lots of options. It'll take a really special lady to hold him down. Don't ask me how I know.

Exactly my thoughts. Sometimes they even get tired and confused and just feel like not picking any girl's call for days.

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by StupidYorubaFool: 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2017
ToriBlue:
Please I don't want ugly looking kids so hell yeah, looks matters then we can move to character.

I'm not attracted to ugly looking guys.
fool
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by CSTR2: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
ToriBlue:
And you will still cheat on them with the pretty ones.
Well maybe. But i am smart enough to know i will never father kids with her. Unless she is the rare type that is pretty and brainy.

1 Like

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by StupidYorubaFool: 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2017
pocohantas:

Do you have anything else to say?
Stop threatening people with old age...it's actually a good thing to get to 40.
and you sef where dey look for handsome man with prospects as the criterion for marriage pls can you upload your pics let's see your looks and by the way what potentials do you have that'll propelled the handsome man to ask for your hand in marriage

3 Likes

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Missmossy(f): 10:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
Toks2008:

No one has it all.
I don't believe that, use to say it before too.
Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
ToriBlue:
Please I don't want ugly looking kids so hell yeah, looks matters then we can move to character.

I'm not attracted to ugly looking guys.

Is there anyone attracted to ugly looking guys? Even ugly girls want fine boys....

But guess what...most ugly guys always end up with beautiful women.

Take it or leave it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Importance Do You Attach To Looks In Choosing A Wife/husband? by pocohantas(f): 10:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
StupidYorubaFool:
and you sef where dey look for handsome man with prospects as the criterion for marriage pls can you upload your pics let's see your looks and by the way what potentials do you have that'll propelled the handsome man to ask for your hand in marriage
I know you guys hate when a lady has a choice.
We're supposed to marry anyone that comes our way whether we are attracted to him or not. That way we won't be 40 and single...I know it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help!!! My Girlfriend Is Very Dull And Uninteresting... / BBNaija's Emmanuel Umoh Involved In Car Accident / How Each Zodiac Sign Cheats In Relationships. What part are you? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.