Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Best Governor Of The Year 2009 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor Of The Year 2009 (23326 Views)

Poll: Vote The Best Governor Of this Year

Barr Sullivan Chime (Enugu): 9% (15 votes)
Com. Adams Oshomole (Edo): 6% (11 votes)
Barr Babatunde Fashola (Lagos): 68% (114 votes)
Mr. Peter Obi (Anambra): 4% (7 votes)
Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers): 7% (12 votes)
Mohammed Namadi Sambo (Kaduna): 0% (1 vote)
Gabriel Suswam (Benue): 1% (3 votes)
Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano): 1% (2 votes)
Martin Elechi (Ebonyi): 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 4:01am On Dec 10, 2009
Baba_O:

@ emeka, i am really disappointed at your comments, i have been watching your comments for quite a while, you are a tribalist and i dont think the likes of you will ever grow.
Can you tell us, what kind of revenue Lagos is receiving that is more than other states in the south  eastern region? or if it is by population wise. The federal government of Nigeria declared Kano state to be ahead of Lagos state. i think by your assumption, kano state should be dictating the pace if they have what it takes to govern.
If you dont appreciate good things, you can never be good or may be you dont know the difference because of your poor background.

Why must someone be a tribalist because he disagrees with you guys?. I do not worship people, get it. Fashola is doing well but not as well as he is being promoted here. First and foremost, he generates more internal revenues than others and if you pretend not to understnd that more businesses means more internal revenues for a place, I won't help you there. Secondly, does it not disturb you that Bola Tinubu who finished Lagos after Marwa is his God father?. You think Bola has no control over him and the contracts he is awarding?. You are suffering from half a loaf syndrome. Because Nigeria has gone through ages of decay and dilapidation, anybody who tries a little bit will receive accolades. I do not celebrate mediocrity my friend and am not a crowd follower. I believe that if you look closely, you will see some skeletons. Donald Duke was praised the same way, Orji kalu was praised the same way in Abia until after they left office before their apologists realized what they stole.

I am tired of Nigerians for real, thats why I stopped going to the international section because if you say anything against Obama, you are a traitor or racist. You call me a tribalist whenn you can't even prove my tribe. How do you know the tribe I belong to? yeye.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nchara: 4:06am On Dec 10, 2009
AloyEmeka,

No mind them. Only thoroughly mentally challenged people see tribalism in opposing views. How can any sane mind attempt to compare Fasola with Fasola?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 4:32am On Dec 10, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Why must someone be a tribalist because he disagrees with you guys?.

You leave people no choice but to call you one because you discounted Fashola's efforts and claimed that other governors are doing better, but you failed to support your claims with documented facts.

I do not worship people, get it. Fashola is doing well but not as well as he is being promoted here.

The topic is about the best governor, not a referendum on Fashola. Making it one means you have to justify if with facts which you grossly failed to do.

First and foremost, he generates more internal revenues than others

Obviously one of the reasons many anointed him the best governor. It's one thing to have a good tax base, devising effecting means of tax collection is another. Na good managerial and professional skills.

does it not disturb you that Bola Tinubu who finished Lagos after Marwa is his God father?. You think Bola has no control over him and the contracts he is awarding?.

What's this got to do with Fashola and hen was the last time we here anything about corruption within the LSG? Why not just provide the vaguest evidence to prove your contract award crap? You can no substitute facts with innuendos,

I believe that if you look closely, you will see some skeletons.

Abeg borrow us your special Aloy Emeke skeleton discovery binoculars,  again, you can not substitute facts with innuendos. Talk about what you know, not what you don't,

Donald Duke was praised the same way, Orji kalu was praised the same way in Abia until after they left office before their apologists realized what they stole.

Who cares? we're talking about Fashola, stay focused,

I am tired of Nigerians for real, thats why I stopped going to the international section because if you say anything against Obama, you are a traitor or racist. You call me a tribalist whenn you can't even prove my tribe. How do you know the tribe I belong to? yeye.

We are all free to offer opinions, our opinions just have to be fact based, not what we think or feel, especially when other people's good name is on the line, it's always the sensible and adult thing to do.

More facts, less bull,
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 10, 2009
Fhemmmy:

What do u mean by return it . . .?

return mission schools to the missions
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by cardoso1(m): 6:46am On Dec 10, 2009
.Prince Oyinlola.Ask everyone up town
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by funshiba(m): 6:54am On Dec 10, 2009
hey people, Fashola is the best he has done alot. let me give u are street to manage in lagos and see how u will pull that thru effectively, i think the enugu and river's dude aint bad,

the owambe governor is a joke, lol
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Holyguy22(m): 7:37am On Dec 10, 2009
The best Governor shall be the best. The shall receive national recognition. This is the case of Gov. Martin Elechi of Ebonyi state.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by bolanleodu: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2009
@ nchara, you said Lagos collects VAT, i proved you wrong but i never said the money doesn't get shared. I was only alluding to factor that affect the sharing and if you read other post other than yours while also getting the msg you would see someone mentioned population which is just 1factor of other factor affecting reven. allocation and thus Nig's deformed fiscal federalism. Until i notice an ounce of common sense in your post then it is bye bye to you and your foolishness.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Akinma: 8:34am On Dec 10, 2009
D prize goes to Alao-Akala, no thanks to his 13 points agent
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Akinma: 8:38am On Dec 10, 2009
Alao Akala (13 points agenda)
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by okunoba(m): 8:54am On Dec 10, 2009
The hype is too much, Fashola still as a long way to go before we can give him 50% pass rate. He as started well but alot still needs to be done. The fact that we are debating who is the best Governor shows that democray can lead to a healthy and positive competition, to be the best state in the country.  Let Enugu and Lagos plus the other states mentioned compete for the best title, hopefully more states will join the competition.

Difficult to tell who is the best cause it`s too subjective and there are too many factors to consider. But I like the competition to wanner be the best, we can only benefit from it.

I was in Enugu 14 yrs ago and i liked it, very nice place so I reckon it wouldn`t take much to make the place very nice. No applaud just yet, still a long way to go, but we are on the right track. Lets encourage but please no hero worship, yet
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2009
The state government provided a platform for ordinary Nigerians and organizations at home and abroad to make contributions to the State Security Trust Fund by launching the Fund’s website with an e-donation payment engine and the Citizens’ Contributory Security system.

The money for the Helicopters came from the trust fund. It highlights the governors foresight and great sense of administrative and communal skills.

Lagosians don't live or have to live by other states standards because we have different realities and sense of obligation.

If Lagosians wanna hype their Governor, that's their business. Go hype your governor if there's something to hype him for.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by ud4u: 9:31am On Dec 10, 2009
Fash for sure man

Yes we know that Lagos is the highest internally generated revenue state, as it comes he spends it on issues that affect the masses or have we forgoten Tinubu and the rest of them so soon. All the internally generated revenue during their tenure, what did they use for.

So if somebody want to work, you will know. Fashola is the man of the people.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by jimbakey: 9:51am On Dec 10, 2009
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by honeric01(m): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2009
i am just sick of people coming here to say things they don't know shit about. Fashola and Ohakim are both trying, they can't satisfy everyone but that does not mean you should ridicule what they do especially when they are doing good. if you can't appreciate the good things they do, then don't also criticize them.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 10:27am On Dec 10, 2009
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by ayobase(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2009
#Aloy Emeka!

I can see that you are so infuriated by some posts!

I aint concerned about who is awarding contract for who.
Not concerned about who is the godfather.
Dont even want to know how the state generate incomes!

Though what these governors are doing now
are our rights. We are supposed to say that they aint
doing nothing.

Security, health, education, good roads and inter alia
are our rights and not a privilege.

We all know what happened to our RIGHTS long time ago.

Fashola, my best governor, thank you so much for
not forgeting the RIGHTS of you people!

More GRACE!
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by intom: 11:18am On Dec 10, 2009
The best Gov. of  the year is  His Excellency Chief (Dr.) Godswill Obot Akpabio.

CHECK THIS OUT:

BUILDING A DYNAMIC ECONOMY IN THE GULF OF GUINEA

The government of Akwa Ibom State drives a policy of people focused development committed to direct support for integrated multi sectoral economic stimulation to create macroeconomic stability leading to an increase in economic growth.

To leapfrog to a greater Akwa Ibom government is embarking on massive infrastructure development, cutting edge service delivery, sustainable people development strategies, and grassroots oriented interministerial projects distributed across all 31 local government areas of the state.

The government of Akwa Ibom State drives a policy of people focused development committed to direct support for integrated multi sectoral economic stimulation to create macroeconomic stability leading to an increase in economic growth.

Akwa Ibom State Government pursues a policy of diversified investment for a convergence of multi sectored infrastructure development for rapid economic growth. Government is leaving no stone unturned in the provision of physical and organizational structures needed for the operation of a modern Akwa Ibom society and enterprise, as well as the services and facilities necessary for the Akwa Ibom economy to function optimally.

Government is desirous of an increasing proportion of private investment in financing the State's infrastructure development being critical for the state to be part of the Nation's Vision 2020.

Environment here provides potentials for quick returns on investment as opportunities remain largely untapped, and ready for investors with entrepreneurial resources to key in. The State Government guarantees investors security, easy access to land, tax relief, public power supply through Ibom Power Plant and the enabling laws to secure investments.

Government is favourably disposed to top grade service delivery to ensure citizens enjoy the full benefit of the state's resources. By creating distinct service handles government has deployed cutting edge service modules at all service points such as Operation Aduma on security, EARCOM for social reorientation, bureau of cooperative development for cooperative societies among others.
Akwa Ibom State Government practices best in class project management techniques to keep tasks on the critical path to secure graceful deliveries against timelines. Prudent funds management and control has also ensured nothing leaks through the cracks and enjoyment of future benefits of unrealised funds without bank financial leverage. For known issues government has been speedy in deployment of policy framework and resources for favourable resolution.

The Government of Akwa Ibom State believes that human dignity is a true measure of human development and therefore has adopted a multidimensional approach to the development the dignity of the Akwa Ibom citizen. With the governments promotion of gender equality, child rights, free and compulsory education, elevated staff welfare, improved livelihood, decent labour relations, promotion of local culture and inclusive governance the government has attributed greater respect to the dignity of persons placing them at liberty for rapid personal, community and social development.

All Akwa Ibom government institutions have been repositioned to build human capacity as a critical success factor, the level at which participation is invoked has become different to support empowerment of the handicapped, less privileged, and the aged.

Akwa Ibom State mega projects have economic impact rippling beyond the shores of the State up to the nation, the region and the international community as a whole. These are projects that will involve large scale macro economic benefits as they affect more sectors and require a larger population mix to realise.

These projects will involve technical partners who will further invest through the state's Public Private Partnership (PPP) or Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) arrangement.

The state will plan these projects by providing comprehensive feasibility studies and ensuring sustainability, environmental soundness, and social equity by working through appropriate government agencies.
In line with his promise and avowed mission of impacting positively on the lives of the people, His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief (Dr.) Godswill Akpabio had on Saturday, January 10th 2009 flagged-off the inauguration of over 550 life transforming projects across the State.

Specifically, the inauguration exercise began in Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District with the newly- constructed Cardinal Ekanem Road, and other projects, including a 7-classroom block, physiotherapy block, Assembly hall, Parameter fence with Gate house at St. Joseph's Rehabilitation Centre, Ukana Iba in Essien Udim Local Government Area. At Loreta Girls Juniorate, Eriam Afaha Obong in Abak Local Government Area, the Governor inaugurated 20 units of self-contained flats for the Principal and Reverend Sisters; 15 self-contained staff quarters and a 750m parameter fence with gate house

THESE AND MUCH MORE ARE THE REASONS YOU SHOULD VOTE HIM AS THE SILVERBIRD MAN OF THE YEAR  shocked
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by honeric01(m): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2009
ayobase:

#Aloy Emeka!

I can see that you are so infuriated by some posts!

I aint concerned about who is awarding contract for who.
Not concerned about who is the godfather.
Dont even want to know how the state generate incomes!

Though what these governors are doing now
are our rights. We are supposed to say that they aint
doing nothing.

Security, health, education, good roads and inter alia
are our rights and not a privilege.

We all know what happened to our RIGHTS long time ago.

Fashola, my best governor, thank you so much for
not forgeting the RIGHTS of you people!

More GRACE!

Erior nor cool
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by lizfab(f): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2009
[b][/b]BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by glt: 11:48am On Dec 10, 2009
baba ni governor wa Babatunde Fasholaaaaaaaa! kudos wink
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by ohisng(m): 11:52am On Dec 10, 2009
Hi,
what of comrade Oshiomhole?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by otukpo(f): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2009
Fashola - Lagos
Chime - Enugu

Pls nobody shld mention Ohakim - Imo state Gov here
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by olisa07: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2009
What of PETER OBI ?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by paddylo1(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2009
The best Gov. of  the year is  His Excellency Chief (Dr.) Godswill Obot Akpabio.
isnt this the same governor recently implicated in a $3.1million dollar scandal at the lagos airport. . .
abi u think say our memory short like that?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by lanreoj(m): 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
so far fashola has really done well. He deserve d best governor of the decadewww.1projectmanagementool
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by dwonder(m): 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
Today, what makes Governors great is not the loft of their dreams but the depths of their pragmatism

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/press_releases/article/0,8599,1129509,00.html#ixzz0ZHZOrQTY

The best Governor should not be judged by what he his doing but by what the people think he his doing.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by honeric01(m): 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
otukpo:

Pls nobody shld mention Ohakim - Imo state Gov here[/color]

Any reason?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by brooklyn99: 12:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
Jesus!!!I can't begin to imagine how unrepentant of tribalists nchara,mekusxxx and aloy emeka are.readn all of this was so sickening!I thot this was to determine who was the best governor,how did this turn into a referendum on the performance of the lagos state governor?damn, haters!of all the nigerian governors the only one I ever seen on cnn,usa today,wall street journal etc is the lagos state gov.som1 made a moronic comment about the state generating more money internally that's why it has an advantage ova the rest.duh!stupid,that's the point,u try to generate as much funds as possible independent of the feds.the big three tribalists point to his "failures",not once did I read about them say anything abt his achievments which are so glaring for the world to see.I've never been to africa,and got no intentions of ever going there,but its clear that lagos is coming up on big things.the skyline even looks like any city out here.someone pointed to a school as his "failure".u wanna take a quick visit to bedstuy?what about east new york?not everywhere is gonna be great!remember new orleans during katrina?didn't it surprise u that we got places like that out here?does that mean the u.s govt aint doin ish?u'd still give ur right arm and both ur nuts to come to the u.s right,even after all the katrina images?nchara,u r really ignorant.u r despicable.its kinda baffling how u always clearly ignore the truth just to spread tribal hate.u have no qualms ignoring facts and spreading lies.u claimed lagos got the biggest share fro the vat thingy,posted an article purportedly backing up ur claim,yet, the article didn't refer to anythn u claimd.ure a sad,sad man.in real life I can tell u don't have many friends bcus of ur character.u lie a lot and that's a very bad trait.ur a tribalist,u preach hate and divisiveness,that's a big 'wow'. The arguemnt is who is the best gov not is fashula performing well.stick to the topic u bigot.feel free to call me yoruba again,as u always do whn I call u out on ur tribalistic ignornce,u mor.on!!!
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by nethacker(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2009
paddy_lo:

isnt this the same governor recently implicated in a $3.1million dollar scandal at the lagos airport. . .
abi u think say our memory short like that?

Abi ooooo, pls tooooolllllddddd him grin grin
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by jolly87(f): 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
no one compares to my fashola grin cool kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pipeline Explodes In Nsit Ibom, Akwa-Ibom / Governor Amosun Hosts South-West Governors (Photos) / El-rufai Reacts To Burning Of Church And Police Station In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.