Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Best Governor Of The Year 2009 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor Of The Year 2009 (23317 Views)

Poll: Vote The Best Governor Of this Year

Barr Sullivan Chime (Enugu): 9% (15 votes)
Com. Adams Oshomole (Edo): 6% (11 votes)
Barr Babatunde Fashola (Lagos): 68% (114 votes)
Mr. Peter Obi (Anambra): 4% (7 votes)
Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers): 7% (12 votes)
Mohammed Namadi Sambo (Kaduna): 0% (1 vote)
Gabriel Suswam (Benue): 1% (3 votes)
Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano): 1% (2 votes)
Martin Elechi (Ebonyi): 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 6:15am On Dec 09, 2009
http://enuguppphousing.com/
Enugu awards contracts for 182 km inter local govt roads

Chime has transformed Enugu into a beautiful city, says Kano Governor

Governor Chime commissions fire fighting vehicles, bulldozers

Enugu seeks ties partnership

Jonathan impressed with Enugu’s readiness for U-17 world cup

Enugu raises bodies on privatization

Youths, a catalyst for national development, says Prof. Asogwa

Enugu launches urban taxi scheme

Enugu spends N160 million on free health care

Enugu Exco approves N91 million for motorized boreholes

NEPZA satisfied with sites for Enugu’s free trade zone

Enugu govt votes N181 million for MDGs projects, approves site for central business district

Enugu poised to host U-17 World Cup

Enugu to assist communities on development projects

Enugu govt. approves N440 million for 200 urban taxis

Yar’Adua seeks private sector partnership in tourism development

Enugu govt. awards contract for 239 housing units
Re
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 6:17am On Dec 09, 2009
babapupa:

Like I told you, instead of running mouth, why don't you do what I'm doing to prove your point, post your own pictures. It's one thing to cry and whyn, it's another to put something where your mouth is,

See, it really doesn't matter what I posted here tonight and[b] even though you have nothing to post to assert your own point with, you'll never be satisfied because you have other considerations like bad bele and regional differences driving your blind and dishonest rants. [/b]

Where are your pictures. I want to see what they are doing in Enugu, you still haven't posted one single picture? You have no mouth to talk myfriend.

Me have bad belle?. You don't even know where I'm from.  I don't have to exchange diatribes for real. Why should I repost it when you participated in the thread earlier?

Again, were you not the person complaining about tribalists in the other thread?. So we are no more allowed to criticize anybody unless we belong to the same tribe?

See some of  the handwork of Chime  here: http://supportsullivanchime.com/sullivan_chimes_achievements.pdf

Free internet service:
http://allafrica.com/stories/200902161157.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/03/enugu-budgets-n67-8bn-for-2010/

pictures:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-363691.0.html
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by FACE(m): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2009
But BP has shown Fashola's achievements. Furthermore, he has not tried to knock Chime's achievements; so why are you guys trying your best to knock Fashola down ?

Areas with large population like Lagos are a lot more difficult to manage than other places in Nigeria. Restoring a semblance of sanity in Lagos deserves an award on its own.

Guys chill, BP is convinced that his man is the best and you feel that your man is better, so why don't you leave at that since both parties no go ever gree.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 6:28am On Dec 09, 2009
ebe ano

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 6:33am On Dec 09, 2009
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 6:33am On Dec 09, 2009
FACE:

But BP has shown Fashola's achievements. Furthermore, he has not tried to knock Chime's achievements; so why are you guys trying your best to knock Fashola down ?

Areas with large population like Lagos are a lot more difficult to manage than other places in Nigeria. Restoring a semblance of sanity in Lagos deserves an award on its own.

Guys chill, BP is convinced that his man is the best and you feel that your man is better, so why don't you leave at that since both parties no go ever gree.
Nobody is knocking Fashola down. After all i posted over 80% of all his achievements on nairaland and not BP. What am saying is that what he is doing is not extraordinary and when measured with some other states on a balanced financial scale, he may not be outperforming them. I don't do hero worship; my own is to praise you if you do good and point out your flaws when necessary. That is the only way we can move ahead.

I hate it when people start playing tribal card in other to prove that the other party is envious. If Fashola builds road in Lagos and I am from Taraba, will I be banned from using the road?. Wouldn't he be saving me money because my car won't be going to the mechanic workshop?. The same is applicable to other states. The moment Africans start thinking outside the box, the sooner our redemption.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by FACE(m): 6:38am On Dec 09, 2009
Nobody is knocking Fashola down. after all i posted over 80% of all his achievements on nairaland and not BP. What am saying is that what he is doing is not extraordinary and when measured with some other states on a balanced financial scale, he may not be outperforming them. I don't do hero worship; my own is to praise you if you good and point out your flaws. That is the only way we can move ahead.

OK
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 6:45am On Dec 09, 2009
Given the amount of money available to Lagos and Enugu, I would say Chime is Best.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 6:47am On Dec 09, 2009
mekusxxx:

Given the amount of money available to Lagos and Enugu, I would say Chime is Best.

You determined that how?. Have you heard of governor Akume?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 7:10am On Dec 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Nobody is knocking Fashola down. After all i posted over 80% of all his achievements on nairaland and not BP.

Again, don't say nothing you can't back up, You're overarching with your 80%, not even 20% if you ask me. You needlessly criticize anything lagos and it's about the only reason we both go back n forth on NL. @ least be honest with yourself.

What am saying is that what he is doing is not extraordinary and when measured with some other states on a balanced financial scale, he may not be outperforming them. I don't do hero worship; my own is to praise you if you do good and point out your flaws when necessary. That is the only way we can move ahead.

You're free to say whatever you want or claim that other governors are better, just be ready to be challenged and willing to come up with documented facts to back it up, something  you still haven't done and till you come up with something, it's nothing but bad bele.

I hate it when people start playing tribal card in other to prove that the other party is envious.

When you talk talk talk and needlessly criticize with no facts, it's bad bele. Abi your favorite pastime is just to open mouth for nothing?

If Fashola builds road in Lagos and I am from Taraba, will I be banned from using the road?. Wouldn't he be saving me money because my car won't be going to the mechanic workshop?. The same is applicable to other states. The moment Africans start thinking outside the box, the sooner our redemption.

In the same breath, the moment some of us stop needlessly winning and complaining unjustly  about good people, the sooner our redemption and prosperity. You do it all the time.

You complained about the hospital before, you complained again today, why? why? why? it pains you so much that Fashola built such a lovely hospital?

And you're saying it's not bad belle? what is it? You just hate new hospitals, especially the one built in lagos state by afashola?

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2009
Its either you are perpetually daft or you are from the most remote village in Ekiti state. I've told you before that I have better hospitals than that in my village and its no biggie. Trust me when I tell you that because I understand the medical equipment business very well; The equipments shown in that picture is not up to $5K[US specification]. If fashola built that hospital in every LG in Lagos, then you can talk but that cheap project is a no brainier. Anyway, I forgot I am discussing with BabaPupa who will pose with a bukateria built by fashola and liken it to a 5 star hotel. If you've seen the advanced world before, you will know that such hospital being advertised in the media for Lagos state is more of a dent on their image than a praiseworthy achievement. There are probably over 100 hospitals in Lagos better than that community infirmary built by Lagos state. I've told you my mind; If you think its bad belle, so be it.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 7:25am On Dec 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Me have bad belle?. You don't even know where I'm from.  I don't have to exchange diatribes for real. Why should I repost it when you participated in the thread earlier?

That was Enugu, I believe we're talking about Cross Rivers now, And I stand by it, na bad bele because you still have not posted a single picture to back up your claim.

Again, were you not the person complaining about tribalists in the other thread?. So we are no more allowed to criticize anybody unless we belong to the same tribe?
We are all allowed to criticize, it's bad bele when we criticize just for the heck of it/for nor reason.

See some of  the handwork of Chime  here: http://supportsullivanchime.com/sullivan_chimes_achievements.pdf

Everything here says Attracting, repositioning, initiating, working on, creating economic council, elders council, promoting workers, paying salaries,

Dude, are your for real or this is a joke?

You wanna take this back and just post pictures like I did?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/03/enugu-budgets-n67-8bn-for-2010/

pictures:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-363691.0.html

What's your point? I'm not from Enugu and I still posted some of the best pictures in that thread? That's the difference between us, I don't do bad belle. I'll show up and support any state in Nigeria as long as they got something good going on.

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Its either you are perpetually daft or you are from the most remote village in Ekiti state. I've told you before that I have better hospitals than that in my village and its no biggie.

And I', still saying you're lying simply because you repeat the same thing all the time, but you're yet to name the hospital and show picture, you must think your word is good enough to take to the back, especial a factually bankrupt person like you,

Trust me when I tell you that because I understand the medical equipment business very well; The equipments shown in that picture is not up to $5K[US specification].

We had this argument before and you couldn't even name any of the equipments,, infact, you mislabeled the only one you attempted to name. abeg stop, you don't know crap about medical equipment, I used to work in a hospital and those are the same diagnostic equipments you see in advanced countries.

Now, see how you just run your mouth just for the heck of it? Stating that the equipments are not up to US specks must mean that you've already traveled to alausa in lagos to check the tags and inspect every inch of the machines right? And you say you no get bad bele, lmao

If fashola built that hospital in every LG in Lagos, then you can talk but that cheap project is a no brainier. Anyway, I forgot I am discussing with BabaPupa who will pose with a bukateria built by fashola and liken it to a 5 star hotel.

lol. Hold yourself and quit the irrational talk, we both know there ain't no half better hospital like that in your village.

If you've seen the advanced world before, you will know that such hospital being advertised in the media for Lagos state is more of a dent on their image than a praiseworthy achievement. There are probably over 100 hospitals in Lagos better than that community infirmary built by Lagos state. I've told you my mind; If you think its bad belle, so be it.

All talk but no action, show me the one wey dey ya village. I know if your village or state get anything close to that hospital your for don rub am for my face taya, who are you kidding, bad bele. biko

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by AloyEmeka6: 7:41am On Dec 09, 2009
Like I said before, I don't engage in juvenile diatribe.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by pacodas: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2009
The Enugu Gov is trying considering the budget he has.

The Lagos guy is trying considering the population and bigger work he has

I don't think any of the Niger delta governor are worth mentioning considering the huge revenue and little to show for it

More Enugu Pics below

[img]http://enugu.files./2009/08/new-haven2.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2009
Mobile Emergency hospital,

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 7:48am On Dec 09, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Like I said before, I don't engage in juvenile diatribe.

Juvenile diatribe is talking nonsense with out facts and documented evidence. People are not stupid and they'll always call you to back up your lies with facts.

Now, who's perpetually daft?  You of course. You must be daft to think people are just gonna sit back while you needlessly criticize and make unsubstantiated wild claims and not get challenged.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 7:52am On Dec 09, 2009
Here is the hospital again, Eat your heart out with your bad bele, lmao.

http://happylagosian..com/2009/07/bola-tinubu-bt-pediatric-complex-and-bt.html
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by mekusxxx: 7:53am On Dec 09, 2009
Tinubu Fights Fashola Over 2011
By Akinwunmi King, Ekene Okoro and Michael Jegede, Lagos

Nigeria Economic Summit Group (NESG) President, Sam Ohuabua (left); NESG Director General, Frank Nweke Jr.; and National Planning Minister, Shamsdeen Usman; during the visit of the NESG to the Villa in Abuja , on Tuesday. Photo: Tunde Olaniyi

Lagos lawmakers have risen quickly to quash the talk about the impeachment of Babatunde Fashola, the popular Governor who has transformed the city and the suburbs in just two years in the saddle, and is applauded by residents, as well as by fellow Governors and federal officials.

Lagosians became more alarmed on Monday when the story intensified of the improbable sack of Fashola, their best Governor since Lateef Jakande, who was at the helm from 1979 unt il the military putsch on December 31, 1983.

Jakande built new schools and housing estates, and introduced free education and healthcare, in line with the vision of Obafemi Awolowo, who brought free education to the Western Region as Premier in 1955.

Fashola has since upgraded social facilities and added new ones, among them a highly popular transport system, known as Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), and an unprecedented beautification of the landscape.

Even a Mayor in Ghana recently visited Lagos with his officials to study and replicate Fashola’s successful waste management scheme, which processes rubbish into manure for sale to farmers.

From nearer home, officials of the Kano State Government also came visiting, taking home the development models of Lagos, the mega city.

Well, Lagos Assembly Majority Leader, Taiwo Kolawole, said on Tuesday that the rumour of impeachment is baseless, because “there is nothing like that, and I can assure you that if such a thing should take place, hold me responsible.

“We don’t need to comment on a report that is based on falsehood. So you don’t expect us to promote something that is not true. I don’t know where the obnoxious story came from.”

In the main, the fracas is between former Governor Bola Tinubu and his protégé, Fashola, who was his Chief of Staff, and whom he hand- picked to succeed him in Lagos House.

But the relationship between the two has deteriorated in recent times as a result of what a source described as the “overbearing attitude of Tinubu.”

Daily Independence reliably gathered that things got so bad that plans have reportedly been concluded by the Action Congress (AC) in Lagos, headed by Tinubu, to field another candidate for the 2011 Governorship election.

Reports had suggested that some state AC leaders endorsed the plot to impeach Fashola for refusing to dance to the tune of Tinubu.

It was said that the lawmakers had collected about 32 signatures to serve Fashola with an impeachment notice over alleged financial misappropriation.

But Information, Security and Strategy Committee Chairman, Ipoola Omisore, insisted that, “There is no plan to impeach him. We have not discussed anything concerning impeachment. Some people are just speculating what is not.”

When asked if he was consulted on the purchase of the two surveillance helicopters launched on Monday, Omisore riposted: “I am not complaining. The Security Trust Fund is not a government institution; it is not an agency under the purview of the state government.

“It is an agency initiated by the government and funded by outsiders. It is not an agency of the government, so I cannot ask them to open their books.”

However, a source said the lawmakers are not happy that Fashola failed to carry them along in the purchase of the helicopters.

Nonetheless, Deputy Senate Minority Leader, Olorunnimbe Mamora, warned the legislators to desist from taking any action that will make them lose the support of voters.

Mamora, former Lagos Assembly Speaker, dismissed the rumour of the impeachment plan.

He said Fashola has impacted greatly on the lives of Lagosians for the lawmakers to think that it is possible for them to get rid of him without opposition from the people.

“Even though I see the story as a mere speculation, I want to state that the Lagos lawmakers should stop beating the drum of war because we don’t know who will be the first man to fall. Speculations about the lawmakers trying to remove (Fashola) is unnecessary distraction,” Mamora cautioned.

“It is a natural thing for differences to exist in any society or organisation. It is only ideal for such differences to be settled in line with the law and the Constitution.

“(Fashola) has been doing his best to improve the standard of living of the people of the state. In fact, he has been a reference point. So, there is no reason whatsoever for anybody to be planning such a move to remove the governor.”

To douse the tension, on Tuesday night Tinubu and Fashola rode in the same car to a meeting at the State House, Marina, which deliberated on the state’s position on the Constitution review.

Also present were Mamora; former Works Minister, Femi Okunnu; Olorunfunmi Bashorun; and Femi Gbajabiamila.

Tinubu, uncharacteristically, left without responding to greetings from well wishers who loitered around.

However, another meeting of Yoruba leaders was held at the instance of some interest groups to resolve the rumpus.

They discussed the implications of the dispute on South West politics prior to the 2011 elections, and resolved to convene an enlarged meeting of AC leaders in Lagos this week, which will involve Alani Akinrinade, and AC National Chairman, Bisi Akande.

The issues discussed at the meeting on Tuesday centered on the need to prevail on Tinubu to remove his stranglehold on the Lagos AC, so as to allow all stakeholders have their say in the running of the party, particularly in choosing its Governorship candidate for 2011.

Fashola himself said: “The report is false. It is all rumour mongering. People are looking for a divide where there is none. There is no reason for us to fight. (Tinubu) is the leader of my party that I love.

“The reason for him coming to my house on the Marina, and the reason for a four-hour closed door meeting was to strategise for the Constitution review, as Lagos is scheduled to host the South West meeting.

“Tinubu’s experience as Governor is worth sharing. Nothing will come between me and him.”
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by snowdrops(m): 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2009
@poster
why dont you open a poll say of the top 10 governors and let the massess decide.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by tanimz(f): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2009
snowdrops:

@poster
why dont you open a poll say of the top 10 governors and let the massess decide.

There is no need for a poll, it is visible- fashola and enugu's governor
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by slap1(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2009
i am from ( imo sate) atta
i live in aba
i nominate Fashola.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by slap1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2009
pacodas:

The Enugu Gov is trying considering the budget he has.

The Lagos guy is trying considering the population and bigger work he has

I don't think any of the Niger delta governor are worth mentioning considering the huge revenue and little to show for it

More Enugu Pics below

[img]http://enugu.files./2009/08/new-haven2.jpg?w=500&h=375[/img]

if the Enugu guy is trying why does it look like his people are deserting the road.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2009
even yar adua and the other 35 states govs knows fashola is the best
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by babapupa: 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2009
Eye on Lagos - 2010 Budget of Consolidation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0w27aS9z-g

I love this video. This is what you call superb and professional administration. These guys are very inspiring.
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2009
Who said, it is CHIEF ADEBAYO ALAO AKALA of OYO STATE
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by paddylo1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 09, 2009

u cant just wait for money from fg. . .u gotta generate local and state revenues through taxes. .

sometimes i think these governors should travel more. . see how things are done elsewhere.  .

u have local and state taxes,everywhere in america. . .

thats what states use primarilly for development,not federal handouts

thats why fashola gets my vote. . .he is growing the pie

eko o ni baje. . .
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by tanimz(f): 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2009
aysometin:

Who said, it is CHIEF ADEBAYO ALAO AKALA of OYO STATE

The person dey kolo
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by snowdrops(m): 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2009
tanimz:

There is no need for a poll, it is visible- fashola and enugu's governor
Says who?
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by Boboedom: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2009
Gov. Fashola without doubts
Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by ogagusps3: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2009
You are all wrong.
Amaechi of Rivers is the best
Ameachi unveils the greater PH plan
http://www.thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=81105

Re: Best Governor Of The Year 2009 by tanimz(f): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2009
snowdrops:

Says who?

Says me!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer / Aisha Alhassan Attends FEC Meeting With President Buhari In Aso Rock / Buhari: President And Assets Declaration Fraud" - By Chinedu Nwobu (Daily Times)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.