Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? (19678 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single / He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nipeks(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
Are you sure you're telling the truth?
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by lannre(m): 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
It depends on what warrant the spending lot spending could be OK,but the lot look suspicious ,not every human give out without expecting returns (talking about motive) . In this part of the world (Nigeria) ladies who spend a lot on a guy are usually seeing as being cheap(my opinion) . To me its not a bad idea ,buy men could be funny.So spend without counting loss or gain,spend what you can let go and don't attach any thoughts of "with all I am doing for you"
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by jemmyvibe: 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
hmm!
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by pops1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
Not wrong if it's all about reciprocated sincere love.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by SwtzMinx(f): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
*deep in th0ught*
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by uniqued(f): 5:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
There is nothin wrong with that as long as u got d money. I got a frend whu spoils ha bf like mad cos her dad is a politician in 9ja and dey earning big bucks. Nway she buys him stuff like u do laptop nd she evn recently got a range rover 09 from her parents which her bf drives for her. Nways u gt d money spend. D only problem is dat u mit neva knw if he truly loves u or is just intrested in ur money. So if u feel he is not then ur Good. On d opposite if u struggle to buy him stuff then dat is wrong u guys gotta struggle togeda.Although I am a female, I feel dat is what most girls dnt get it is only guys whu dnt have dat complain about girls eatin up their money and dey r right cos u both nid to work togeda when u in dt kinda of situation not just chop d guy finish. Nways made my point. Which is, if u have more spend if not u nid to sit down and talk to him. Good luck.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2010
sagluva shld date me pls grin
What a lucky dude!
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nope. No more than it is to spend on a woman. Period. If the guy is not giving you affection, love and respect he deserves none of the above. If he is the love of your life and will do for you by all means but if he has no ambition and won't do for you? he gets nada.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by HARDDON: 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
luv is all abt gv and nt expctin anifin in return! some of u guys are jst so sick to the brain that u dnt chk up on ur words of advise b4 u spill em,

@ posta, this is not d best place to discuss this!
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by denzel2009: 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2010
Dont worry and keep the receipts, if he messes up just do that beyonce song. . . to the left to the left! cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by r231(m): 6:50pm On Mar 09, 2010
nooooo not at all ;d ;d cool :d
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Armenian: 7:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
I might be old fashioned in thinking it's weird having a girl doing the spending.

Even if she has more money, i just find it normal being the one buying the
gifts for her.

Also considering how hard i think it is being a girl (physically weaker,beautiful on the inside, genetically more caring and emotional, CHILD BIRTH!!),
i just think i'd rather do they lavishing. PERIOD.

When they are in love, they give and give and give and most times are misunderstood.

Maybe im in the wrong century but that's just how i feel.
chikena.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by fifi09(f): 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
Armenian:

I might be old fashioned in thinking it's weird having a girl doing the spending.

Even if she has more money, i just find it normal being the one buying the
gifts for her.

Also considering how hard i think it is being a girl (physically weaker,beautiful on the inside, genetically more caring and emotional, CHILD BIRTH!!),
i just think i'd rather do they lavishing. PERIOD.

When they are in love, they give and give and give and most times are misunderstood.

Maybe im in the wrong century but that's just how i feel.
chikena.

Kai, you're too much!
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by truetalk2: 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2010
yes there is nothing wrong in exchanging gifts and assisting each other, but all these car things, i think you are beginning to do too much, because there are necessities and there are luxuries, assist him for the necessities and let him strive for the luxury as a man,
Hope u wont be shocked one day to meet another chick in that car, stop teaching him to be lazy
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Enockia(m): 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
it's not wrong just don't get carried away
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by kayc33(m): 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
at post,
nothing is wrong with that, just be wise
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Secretz(f): 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nothing wrong with it . . . but there are limits . . . and priorities. grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by obillyj(f): 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
My dear i feel u cos i'd been there. D only tin wrong wit it is dat it's not reciprocated. U've every rit 2 put ur love into action. It's only dat in rturn u get notin bt infidelity, disrespect n neglect. As 4 me i've vowed not 2 spend a dime again on any guy dat's not my husband not even 30sec cal airtime or els sum1's paying 4 it.most guys re out there luking 4 ladies 2 'milk'. witout apologies, my ex is one of dem.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by axeman85(m): 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
guys wetin happen ? the girl dey spend ontop her bobo and una dey talk say it is suspicious and asking if she is telling the truth . haba, if na guy dey spend that much ontop woman now una no go talk so. ooo

o girl if na true sha dey carry go nothing do you as long as say the bobo no dey sniff another woman pahtah and just dey dey your money jolly .
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
Love can do all things. Nothing wrong for a girl to spend for the guy she love,
that is if the guy appreciate it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by whiteroses(f): 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
first of all i think you are very blessed, 600 kini? i cant even afford it in the first place, i like money and gift from a boyfriend it makes me feel all loved up and warm inside  smiley  tongue ahh my ex bf kiss
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
franklampard082:

Not a bad thing to spend so much on your guy but girls that I know like that are either obesse or look kinda like weird mc or just straight out ugly. Now am not saying that you look like a boy or something but some girls do this to feel more secure in a relationship. Please don't kill me for telling you the truth cuz sooner or later, someone else would tell you the same thing.
first of all i'm far from being obese and ugly and second all ur telling me thruth on wut? i'm not doing any of tthese to feel secure in any ways, i did it coz i wanted 2 and plus when we broke up he came back to my house to return all the stuff, i didnt even ask him 2 and we got back together but my point is if he was using me he wouldnt return my stuff and tell me he doesnt want it after we broke upp, i would have been the one to ask for it
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 12:01am On Mar 10, 2010
@ theblessed i should get a life? i have one thank you very much. A very happy blessed one. if u read through this post u would see that i said i am naturally a giver, i give alot to my friends and family. On my friends bday i gave her a tiffany's bracelet and ring so its something i do for everybody that means alot to me. i enjoy seeing the happy faces on people when i give em something, I give to the underpriviliged 2. i have family back home who dont have alot and i make sure i send em stuff.

Funny but if it was a guy who came on here and said he gave his girl all this stuff, none would complain, i always said it should be 50/50 in a relationship. obviously someone can afford more than the other but both should give back. its not the amount that matters but its the thought, i would appreciate a card and a love note on valentines day more than a designer purse so my point is its the thought.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by TOPE20001(f): 12:05am On Mar 10, 2010
sagluva:

@ theblessed   i should get a life? i have one thank you very much. A very happy blessed one. if u read through this post u would see that i said i am naturally a giver,  i give alot to my friends and family. On my friends bday i gave her a tiffany's bracelet and ring so its something i do for everybody that means alot to me. i enjoy seeing the happy faces on people when i give em something,  I give to the underpriviliged 2. i have family back home who dont have alot and i make sure i send em stuff.

Funny but if it was a guy who came on here and said he gave his girl all this stuff,  none would complain,  i always said it should be 50/50 in a relationship. obviously someone can afford more than the other but both should give back. its not the amount that matters but its the thought,  i would appreciate a card and a love note on valentines day more than a designer purse so my point is its the thought.

Yea. . . . . if you going to spend money on ur bf atleast spend with sense.
Why the heck do u have to buy him TV, do u live together?
u bought him Mac and all other rubbish. u r not his mum. i wud even prefer if u help him with his tuition fees.
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by mex004(m): 12:09am On Mar 10, 2010
its not wrong, i depends on d guy appreciating it
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 12:11am On Mar 10, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Yea. . . . . if you going to spend money on your bf atleast spend with sense.
Why the heck do u have to buy him TV, do u live together?
u bought him Mac and all other rubbish.  u r not his mum. i wud even prefer if u help him with his tuition fees.
i would never spend money on a guys tuition, bills, rent or anything of that sorts. the guy can get a job and do that on his own or ask his parents to help him out. Not moi. i give gifts thats all. All these gifts were done on a special occasion. I dont just wake up one morning and decide to spend just for fun, i'll buy little things here and there but not like that.
no we dont live together, i live on campus/home
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by TOPE20001(f): 12:15am On Mar 10, 2010
sagluva:

i would never spend money on a guys tuition, bills, rent or anything of that sorts. the guy can get a job and do that on his own or ask his parents to help him out. Not moi. i give gifts thats all. All these gifts were done on a special occasion. I dont just wake up one morning and decide to spend just for fun,  i'll buy little things here and there but not like that.
no we dont live together,  i live on campus/home

So buying ur bf Flat screen TV, 600dollars giftcard, Mac, playstation n all sorts are all gifts?
How many times does he do bday in a yr? grin cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 12:22am On Mar 10, 2010
TOPE2000!:

So buying your bf Flat screen TV, 600dollars giftcard, Mac, playstation n all sorts are all gifts?
How many times does he do bday in a yr? grin cheesy

haha funny lol, mac and flat screen tv were 6 month/1 year anniversary gifts, 600 gift card was a christmas gift and ps3 was a bday gift, anyways this thread was about if its wrong to give in general smiley
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by TOPE20001(f): 12:24am On Mar 10, 2010
sagluva:

haha funny lol,  mac and flat screen tv were 6 month/1 year anniversary gifts, 600 gift card was a christmas gift and ps3 was a bday gift,  anyways  this thread was about if its wrong to give in general smiley

Biko, i have a brother ooo grin
Honestly there is nothing bad in spending on ur bf, but he must be spending more on me. cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by sagluva(f): 12:45am On Mar 10, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Honestly there is nothing bad in spending on your bf, but he must be spending more on me. cool
is he cute? grin grin grin grin just kidding lol, but yea i get wut u mean and i understand y people think its too much,
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by r231(m): 1:26am On Mar 10, 2010
sagluva:

haha funny lol, mac and flat screen tv were 6 month/1 year anniversary gifts, 600 gift card was a christmas gift and ps3 was a bday gift, anyways this thread was about if its wrong to give in general smiley

listen its not wrong jare infact i gonna need you to teach this person i call my gf how to do it too

shooooo all i get for my birthday is a frigging card and cheese burger from burger king cheesy grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Spend A Lot On A Guy? by na2day2(m): 1:28am On Mar 10, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Honestly there is nothing bad in spending on your bf, but he must be spending more on me. cool

ole! tomorrow u will come back and say r/s is a 50-50 deal lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do African Guys Like Marrying/dating African-american Gals So Much? / Is This Lady Interested In Me? / My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.