Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,374 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Do Long Distance Relationships Work? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Long Distance Relationships Work? (12912 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Chxta(m): 1:40am On Jan 03, 2006
Make una give me hope o! I am leaving for the UK soon and my babe go still dey Naija. I love the girl pieces!!!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by mide2(f): 1:45am On Jan 03, 2006
if you love her pieces, don't stay pieces too long or get her to come some enough to keep your pieces together.Things are always better in bunches rather than in pieces...lol
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by rikkyjen(m): 3:01am On Jan 03, 2006
Shaddy...Really made my day and renewed my confidence...I too am in a long distance relationship,i have enjoyed every bit of it since my crossing over to the states here,though i have not spent up to a year here...but i tell you the main koko is trust and constant communication...we chat and both call.Infact BOSS card should name me as their customer of the year grin.folks in USA know what am talkin about.

For the fact that it doesnt work for some does not mean...but my people i must confess that prayer and fasting is needed in this kind of stuff between the partners involved...sounds funny abi?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 3:08am On Jan 03, 2006
I am telling all of you. It doesn't work. cheesy cheesy It's a new year... cancel LDR from ur resolution.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by rikkyjen(m): 3:19am On Jan 03, 2006
Hot angel...Na ur opinion be dat oooooo....Am sure it can work for anyone who wants it to work!!!!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nicetohave(m): 4:25am On Jan 03, 2006
thanks rikkyjen, i am not in a long distance relationship but i know it can work if you want it to, its who we are that determines the success or failure of a relationship not where we are, "short" distance relationship hit the rocks everyday so why all the hype about LDR?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by shaddy(f): 11:55am On Jan 03, 2006
Hello people,
nice hearing differents comments.Some people say it can work and so people say it can't work.Its both of u that will determine if it can work or not.u will surely knws if the  guy wants it 2 work or not.for example, he will b mailing u, fixing a time 2 chat with u and also calling u sometimes.u can't tell me that this  guy  is doing all this for a girl if he doesn't want it 2 work.a guy can't b spending his money just like that if he doesn't want d relationship 2 work and a girl can't b buying calling cards everynow and then if she doesn't want d relationship 2 work, instead she can use d money 2 buy something good 4 herself instead of buying a calling card.And also appreciate each other everynow and then.
To rikkyjen,
i am happy for u and i always tout i was the only only person  buying calling cards everynow and then. smiley.Goodluck in everything.
To hotangel,
its may b becose u don't like it or its has not worked out for you but its between u and your guy.u can't judge everybody.its we that can choose what we wants.if it doesn't work, den its my own probs becose i was d one that choose it.nobody force me 2 do it and am not tied down 2 start it a well.
To pie1ect
Conerning your reply "if others can do it, I can do it as well". is not if others can do that makes you to do it.Abeg na real lie b that.u will surely knw if things r not going on well with LDR and drop it .u can't force it 2 go smoothly becose since others can do it den you to wana prove it can go on well.i don't belief in that.if a guy didn't call  4 a month and we didn't chat 4 2 month.u will surely knw this guy doesn't want it 2 work.just leave d guy and find another but i don't belief that becose some people does it and it work then it  means i should prove 2 dem it can work out 4 me.Never!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by casper(m): 7:19am On Jan 04, 2006
mnine is still off the hizzile and RED pipping hot after 8 months i thank God for our lifes and relationship
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Chxta(m): 7:42am On Jan 04, 2006
Thank you!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by ocho(f): 7:21pm On Jan 04, 2006
@casper: good for you and keep it that way wink
@Chxta :with dedication and focus, you and ur girl will be all right. Let the interesting love stories shared by those in LDR you've read on this thread inspire you. all the best. smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by vokalguy(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2006
[b][/b] Dude.. long distance relationship hardly works... it only leads to heartbreak... especially among girls... a girl needs d dude to hold her, be there 4 her when she is in a bad mood. How can all this happen when the guy is like a million miles away.. lets be realistic here. IT DOES NOT WORK.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Ashbaby(f): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2006
In a very raw answer, long distance relationships work. It's like asking whether we're able to pass in school. Long distance relationships fail because we're too selfish, we seek our own and get involved elsewhere. We fail in school because we won't plan our time well or won't study. Same thing. In not soo many words, our selfishness takes reign here. And if we all know that there's that selfish part of us, why commit to a long distance relationship in the first place?
My question is how far is far to be termed as a long distance relationship?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by ocho(f): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2006
nice and genuine question. really nice one! but i honestly do not have an answer to that
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Chxta(m): 5:54am On Jan 05, 2006
Ashbaby:

In a very raw answer, long distance relationships work. It's like asking whether we're able to pass in school. Long distance relationships fail because we're too selfish, we seek our own and get involved elsewhere. We fail in school because we won't plan our time well or won't study. Same thing. In not soo many words, our selfishness takes reign here. And if we all know that there's that selfish part of us, why commit to a long distance relationship in the first place?
My question is how far is far to be termed as a long distance relationship?
Brilliant post!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nikkylolly(f): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2006
To Shaddy

Thanks love, I know when there is love there shouldn't be temptation. But
May I change your view about something please? You said something about having other things to worry about. Of course! I have other things to worry about - as a matter of fact, more than a lot. So, who really cares what he's up to anyway?

Thank your lucky star that out of the 45% good  guys, u met one. Thank goodness it's working for u.

Long distance relationship often depends on how far and how much you love each other.

No matter how much u might have loved each other, when it comes to one of u leaving for another place, believe me, if there should be an instrument to measure how much he use to care (when u're together), there would be a difference in how much he cared when u're away.

There are lots of things to consider in long distance relationship; Love, Trust and understanding. When both party are apart, only the love keep them going, as for understanding and trust - they've got only 50-50 chance.

Anyway, we all have our view about things.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2006
i guess it depends
loyal
faithful
eyes 4 only u
then it might work
might not will
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by disney(f): 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2006
It works but its going to take some sacrifice. l no go lie. It kinda hard but in the long run, its worth it. There will be days when you wanna cry or end the so called relationship cry but it all depends on the two of you. If one is willing and the other is not then its not going to work out.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by AguNwoke(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2006
It's serious hard work o!

The cost of phone calls alone, is enough to kill anybody.
I get two girlfriends for Naija and dem dey almost make me bankrupt with phone bills.

Also, sometimes you have to consider "Out of sight - Out of mind" phenomenom.
if you're not around cheating is a possibility on both sides.

E no easy o!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Ashbaby(f): 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2006
Yeah, that's true. But I always think of the joy that it will be when these two ppl meet and after whatever amount of time, they know that they kept their side of the deal! And it's hard too. The phone bills....then you find out after all that sacrifice that your significant other was cheating on you..... angryit's almost like giving you dust to eat!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by rikkyjen(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2006
@Agunwoke...How wont u be bankrupt?..infact u never bankrupt!!!.WHY SHOULD U KEEP two chics in naija and be calling,ofcourse its gonna be hell expensive..ok at d end, if d two of them wait for you,when u are back,how will u dispose one of them..I bet you dat will be hell trouble,u better burst one and take one unless...............
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Ashbaby(f): 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2006
rikkyjen:

@Agunwoke...How wont u be bankrupt?..infact u never bankrupt!!!.WHY SHOULD U KEEP two chics in Nigeria and be calling,ofcourse its going to be hell expensive..ok at d end, if d two of them wait for you,when u are back,how will u dispose one of them..I bet you that will be hell trouble,u better burst one and take one unless...............
...........you decide to hook up with both of them....on mutual understanding, ofcourse!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by AguNwoke(m): 9:26pm On Jan 17, 2006
rikkyjen:

@Agunwoke...How wont u be bankrupt?..infact u never bankrupt!!!.WHY SHOULD U KEEP two chics in Nigeria and be calling,ofcourse its going to be hell expensive..ok at d end, if d two of them wait for you,when u are back,how will u dispose one of them..I bet you that will be hell trouble,u better burst one and take one unless...............

I like dem both, but I also get two more ladies here for overseas.
Things hard o!
I don dey tire of all the wahala!

Ashbaby:

...........you decide to hook up with both of them.on mutual understanding, ofcourse!
I hear you - Ashbaby, you're correct! wink

but I think I went too far by trying to have 4 girlfriends.

Anyway, there's a shortage of men in da world.
Gotta spread my love!!!!! cheesy
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by ocho(f): 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2006
@agunwoke lipsrsealed
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Ashbaby(f): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2006
Geez! I thought the era of polygamy ended, but I see that you're out to make it's existence known! I wonder if they will approve, especially if you won't be able to feed them because you became bankrupt calling them...lol! grin Good luck, buddy!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by AguNwoke(m): 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2006
Ashbaby:

Geez! I thought the era of polygamy ended, but I see that you're out to make it's existence known! I wonder if they will approve, especially if you won't be able to feed them because you became bankrupt calling them...cheesy! grin Good luck, buddy!
Thanks I need it!
Polygamy is still alive and kickin' cool

I'll really have to cut down, it's becoming too hard to remember all details/discussions I've had. embarassed
Nearly made a mistake the other day, plus my cash maybe fast running out.

Juggling three mobile phones is now becoming plain crazy cheesy
I need help!!!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by mahi(f): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2006
Good Question...........but hard to answer.......i am in a distance relationship ....i think what it asks for a distance relationship to work is devotion!!!!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Ashbaby(f): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2006
AguNwoke:

I'll really have to cut down, it's becoming too hard to remember all details/discussions I've had. embarassed
Nearly made a mistake the other day, plus my cash maybe fast running out.

Juggling three mobile phones is now becoming plain crazy cheesy
I need help!!!
My goodness! You juggle three mobile phones? Wow! How long have you been doing this....having all these girls...well, there's just two....maybe more! You're a smooth operator, that's all I can say!
mahi:

Good Question...........but hard to answer.i am in a distance relationship ....i think what it asks for a distance relationship to work is devotion!!!!
Good stuff, @ Mahi! How long is the distance and how long has it been for? Yeah, devotion, I totally agree with you! I wish you all the best and I pray that your devotion will be something to sing about soon enough! smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by prettyH(f): 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2006
@ AguNwoke,

Thank you for telling us about all the mobile phones you are juggling and how its running your ass broke but what does that have to do with long distance relationships. rolleyes
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by AguNwoke(m): 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2006
Ashbaby:

My goodness! You juggle three mobile phones? Wow! How long have you been doing this.having all these girls...well, there's just two.maybe more! You're a smooth operator, that's all I can say!

Juggling for a few months now, but I gotta tell ya - It's hell!! shocked
Hope I find da right lady soon.

Gotta get serious I think?
Hey, Ashbaby: Wanna be my lady no5?  wink

(No slap me o! - I'm joking) grin grin grin
(No seriously I dey joke o! - I no fit cope)
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by AguNwoke(m): 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2006
prettyH:

@ AguNwoke,

Thank you for telling us about all the mobile phones you are juggling and how its running your ass broke but what does that have to do with long distance relationships. rolleyes

Just showing some possible pitfalls of a long distance relationship/relationships that's all! cool

Don't hate the playa.......
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by prettyH(f): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2006
AguNwoke:

Just showing some possible pitfalls of a long distance relationship/relationships that's all! cool

Don't hate the playa.......

lol... Playa indeed...better stop deceiving yourself. rolleyes
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by AguNwoke(m): 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2006
kiss kiss kisscool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers / Nigerian States With The Most Beautiful Women / After 15 Years Of Masturbating This Is What I Discovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.