Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Do Long Distance Relationships Work? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Long Distance Relationships Work? (12931 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2005
That is CHEATING , in MY OPINION.

If they've both got their own partners, Y do they still GET IT ON?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by star(f): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2005
madness
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by pie1ect(m): 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2005
Yeah, of course it's "cheating" and it's not right. I'm just saying it happens.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by gina34(f): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2005
That is the cause of HOT PANTS rolleyes
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by casper(m): 7:13am On Nov 20, 2005
me as a persin, i have a long distance relationship going on now and it is GOOD for me and her.

well last friday made it one year we have being together cool cool and i think it is the best i have had all my life.

because when we were together in 9ja, we never had sex and i told her that if she was looking for someone to have sex with, then i was the

wrong person for her to date and that she should move forward btu she refused and told me she doesnt mind as she was a virgin.,

well i belived her a little at first, because she just came out of a christian sec school and her family did not give her space for friends and all that.

then as we went on i just had to believe her. but as we went on she or should i say we had the temptations but most of the time i had the firm

ground to say NO and most of the time it ended in a little dispute, which she would get over after some talking abt side implications and moral

effects. cry

so after made plans to come to the united states, i called her and told her my plans and she aggreed and i told her that if she CANT wait, we can

as well breakup and she continues with her life and mine {note; it was not that i did not love her , but i did not want to disruot anybodys life with

my life or my problems} but she refused to breakup saying she doenst mind WAITING and that she is too into it that she just doesnt want to loose

me {i too sweet cool grin} and i talked to her about the implications and how she had the greater part to play because she has was the lady and all

that. but she stood on her words that she was going to wait, well i agreed and it has being that way since then and i thank God for our lifes!!

well how do i keep up?

i call her EVERYDAY or rather we talk everyday because sometimes she calls me and all that but mennnnnn i love her too tooo much and i did not

mention she is in babcock university now so well i am not as worried as i would have been if she was in like OSU or UNILAG shocked

and i always pray to God about us although we did fast and pray b4 i did leave the country i still pray to God.

well as for me i dont play "away match" according to pie1ect said and that is my story.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by casper(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2005
me as a persin, i have a long distance relationship going on now and it is GOOD for me and her.

well last friday made it one year we have being together cool cool and i think it is the best i have had all my life.

because when we were together in 9ja, we never had sex and i told her that if she was looking for someone to have sex with, then i was the

wrong person for her to date and that she should move forward btu she refused and told me she doesnt mind as she was a virgin.,

well i belived her a little at first, because she just came out of a christian sec school and her family did not give her space for friends and all that.

then as we went on i just had to believe her. but as we went on she or should i say we had the temptations but most of the time i had the firm

ground to say NO and most of the time it ended in a little dispute, which she would get over after some talking abt side implications and moral

effects. cry

so after made plans to come to the united states, i called her and told her my plans and she aggreed and i told her that if she CANT wait, we can

as well breakup and she continues with her life and mine {note; it was not that i did not love her , but i did not want to disruot anybodys life with

my life or my problems} but she refused to breakup saying she doenst mind WAITING and that she is too into it that she just doesnt want to loose

me {i too sweet cool grin} and i talked to her about the implications and how she had the greater part to play because she has was the lady and all

that. but she stood on her words that she was going to wait, well i agreed and it has being that way since then and i thank God for our lifes!!

well how do i keep up?

i call her EVERYDAY or rather we talk everyday because sometimes she calls me and all that but mennnnnn i love her too tooo much and i did not

mention she is in babcock university now so well i am not as worried as i would have been if she was in like OSU or UNILAG   shocked

and i always pray to God about us although we did fast and pray b4 i did leave the country i still pray to God.

well as for me i dont play "away match" according to pie1ect said and that is my story.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by prettyH(f): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2005
good for you casper. urs just one of those that survive cos of the effort put in. wish u da best.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by casper(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2005
tanks girl
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:26am On Nov 21, 2005
@James, she doesn't talk much except abt flying her to the states, IN MY OPINION, she just wants you to fly her to the states, and thats all she is concerned about, all other things is not her cup of tea, she doesn't care.IN MY OPINION grin
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:29am On Nov 21, 2005
I wish you da best too Casper, da gurl seems nice smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2005
Ermmm.. I Am in one right now..(a LDR).. I wanna see if it'll work, Although i still stand on the fact that it doesn't work.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by snazzydawn(f): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2005
Yea,me too oooo!!!I hope it works too.I will go see him very soon.mmmm.I hope I fall in love with him,e hard ooo!!! cheesy
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by buckeye(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2005
it is possible to work , for as long as there is love.........but i dont know about not meeting each other in 5 years.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by tamia(f): 11:14pm On Nov 21, 2005
my old boy friend started communicatin" with me about 1 week ago. i' discovered dat the feelings i had for him are rushin" back but the problem is this long distance relationship. i'm really scared of the long distance relationship. i dun't think i can handle it but i really want to be able to get into a new relationship with him. and one more thing dat is stoppin" is dat i have a boyfriend here but dats no problem my main problem is the long distance. after readin" wat pple have written here i am really confused.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by IAH(f): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2005
The rate at which people are entering this Long distance thingy is alarming o!
Hot-angel too? Snazzydawn too? undecided
I wish you good luck, girls.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 1:15am On Nov 22, 2005
IAH.. I just wanna try it, I am still against it tho. Just giving it a try, plus i know i like the guy. The main fact i don't see him is actually helping! At least i won't get to see the bad side of him... cheesy j/k... but seriously, it's not like i don't know that it won't last. But God help us. smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by prettyH(f): 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2005
see don't go into it being pessimistic. In contrast to normal relationships, long distance ones require more time and work to make it last. Since u don't like this type of relationships but u r willing to give this a try, then there must be something good u have seen in the guy. So have a positive approach and i'm sure things will work out.

But most of all, u must also be extraordinarily patient wink

Even if it doesnt, at least u gave it ur best shot. smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by IAH(f): 1:15am On Nov 23, 2005
hot-angel:

IAH.. I just want to try it, I am still against it tho. Just giving it a try, plus i know i like the guy. The main fact i don't see him is actually helping! At least i won't get to see the bad side of him... cheesy j/k... but seriously, it's not like i don't know that it won't last. But God help us. smiley

All the same, I still wish you the best. E no easy! wink
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 3:33am On Nov 23, 2005
I must say, thank- you! He's getting on my nerves now. He was talking trash earlier today.. but it's a lil thing tho! smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by amayna(f): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2005
this is just for the guy that said hs girlfriend was in Babcock..
dont let anybody fool you, it is just as bad if not WORSE than Lag or Ibadan or wherever...
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by loveth(f): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2005
Wow. grin
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2005
@ Amayna, I agree with you

@ Loveth,why you grinning? smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by loveth(f): 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2005
is that a question?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by casper(m): 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2005
if una dey go against me, remember no WEAPON fashioned against me shall prosper grin

we prayed and fasted about it so i am no treally afriad because i know God is with me and her
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2005
@ Loveth, OF COURSE, IT IS A QUESTION, what do you think? smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by loveth(f): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2005
The answer is too expensive.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2005
rolleyes, K how much do I pay cheesy
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 8:19am On Dec 06, 2005
IAH it didn't work oo. PM me for story. smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nijaime(m): 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2005
When it's long distance it's all in the mind.... it's all about perception and trust.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by shaddy(f): 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2005
Hello pple,

i have read all wat u pple said about long distance relationship if it will work or not and i quite agree with some pple who said it won't why some pple said it will.Long distance relationship is hard to say the fact but its base on trust, honest ,patient and understanding.Goodluck to the pple dat r having long distance realtionship.am also in a 4yrs long distance relationship.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2005
You, lucky, lucky girl Shaddy, four years, that I say is a long time. Have you seen this guy before? , as in one on one? , or just a picture or something
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by ocho(f): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2005
@shaddy, i was going to ask the same question Z4M4eva just asked. Do you guys ever see yourselves at all? but that should be hard though right? I can imagine!!!
well, personally, i think i might be able to handle a long distance relationship. it'll be hard,most definately! but if I see a future for both of us, the guy and I that is,I should be able to do it.I have a friend who is in one right now and it's amazing how she handles it sooo well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Is He Sexing Her Like This, What Do You Mean?? / Your Faithful Wife Will Fvck Other Men When You Are Broke For A Long Time / Is It Right For A Guy to Wash his Girlfriend's Panties?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.