Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Do Long Distance Relationships Work? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Long Distance Relationships Work? (12924 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by CimonJorr(m): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2005
Do you really want to know?? grin
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2005
o yea
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by gina34(f): 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2005
simon u be mouth maker. tongue

well he was mad like hell. when i called him to appologies.
he refused to pick the phone but when he did.

he told me dat he is not in the mood to talk.

that i made him feel like a fool cos he waited for me sitting there with all the table set

and all dat and people were just staring at him with pity. i felt bad but i can,t help it

[glow=red,2,300]simon close ur eyes don,t u dare read it[/glow]
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by CimonJorr(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2005
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..

what have i done now??
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2005
water an garri. U were making mouth. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by CimonJorr(m): 1:35am On Aug 10, 2005
moi??
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 3:36am On Aug 10, 2005
ohh no...not u my antonio banderas. wink
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by gina34(f): 10:41am On Aug 10, 2005
mu haha muhaha........ i laugh so tey cry cry
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2005
lol
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 5:04am On Aug 11, 2005
haha..gina. grin
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 10:23am On Aug 11, 2005
lolz
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by queen2(f): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2005
buahahaha wink
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2005
lets see anoder 1

zuhahahahaha
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by WesleyanA(f): 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2005
luhahahahahaha
hey nike
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 10:12pm On Aug 24, 2005
wassup Wesley, hey do u remember dat school in nigeria called wesley, anywayz sha

hows u grin
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by WesleyanA(f): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2005
i'm good . cheesy

there's a school in nigeria called wesley? ..... i know there's a school called wesleyan though.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nike4luv(f): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2005
ya, i think sum pple dat lived in naija for very long kno it, anywayz, no worries, it just popped up into my head
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by twinkledew(f): 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2005
funny reading all the comments on here.
Long distance relationship may or may not work it depends on u but if it does work it is difficult to cope with.
anyways me BF said i shld not leave any comment on here.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by gina34(f): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2005
wel........... lipsrsealed
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by twinkledew(f): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2005
wel........... What?
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by gina34(f): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2005
Nothing lipsrsealed
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by twinkledew(f): 1:26pm On Sep 22, 2005
ok angry grin cheesy
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by amayna(f): 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2005
HMMMM.....that would be tooo bad. i think what he means is that he has impregnated some girls and she has been impregnated by some guys... and that put a strain on their relationship...
but in five years how many times can pregnancies happen in 5 years that u guys hav countless?...arent the condoms around there strong enough?!!!
HOLLA
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by prettyH(f): 8:06pm On Nov 14, 2005
Personally long distance relationships don't work. It tales up too much time and tangible energy. At times those involved actually do av side relationships but know the whats up. Never encourage it sha. Too stressful
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by lullaby(f): 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2005
I dont think there is anything wrong with long distance relationship in itself. It totally depends on the 2 people involved. If u're the emotional kind of person that needs to be around your partner every time and day, then obviously it wouldnt work. This of course is my own opinion. It does take 2 matured and dedicated people to be in a long distance relationship. Of course, like every relationship, it has its good and bad aspects. Bad aspect in terms of seeing them just once in a while depending on your locations. Good in terms of talking on the phone and getting to know the other person better. And even when u meet, u appreciate them more.

One of the main reasons people are against long distance is the fear that the other is cheating on them. May I remind u thatpeople living in the same house do cheat also?

So, in conclusion, the chances of a long distance relationship depends on the individuals involved. That said, I'm not dating anyone that lives in Nigeria...the flight dey too long. The farthest I can do (and that's stretching it) is europe (france, england, etc). This of course depends on if the person is trustworthy.

Just my 2 cents...
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by CimonJorr(m): 9:27am On Nov 15, 2005
You're damn right about one thing though..

For any relationship to work, there must be an amount of trust...

Most opponents of long distance relationships, if they reflect deep inside themselves, will admit that this is the main factor which they believe prevents such relationships from being successful..

I'm sure they'll admit that the fear that they have no direct means of "knowing" what the other person's up to (I won't go as far as calling it 'monitoring').. whether the person's cheating on them or not.. whether the person has the integrity to "hold body" or not.. these issues eat one up inside, playing to people's basic insecurities and jealousy..

1 Like

Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2005
Sumtimes it does, Sumtimes it doesn't, MOST times, it doesn't. Distance rele means a lot, i mean when u can't even snog, or hug, or cuddle, or talk face to face, or.....do so many things with ur partner, distance is a really big problem.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by casper(m): 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2005
people i want to know your different experiences and opinions about love over the nations smiley
as in LONG DISTANCES relationship. wink
and what are the factors that determine the success grin or failure undecided

i have my story and i will only give it when i hear different opinions..
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by african(f): 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2005
long distances relastionship dosent always work i can say dat cry
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Fumi(f): 12:40am On Nov 17, 2005
Hello!

i just wanted to tell you a brief story about this topic.

I met my husband via Internet! (2 different countries).

We started mailing, calling, sms and so on. Later we met twice. The first time we spend two weeks togehter, the second time three weeks. At the End we got married.
Its not easy to have a long-distance-relationship, but if you are really! in Love, it works

greetz

Fumi
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by prettyH(f): 12:55am On Nov 17, 2005
Good for u girl. Mine was terrible.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by pie1ect(m): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2005
Long distance relationships. Of course, they do work. But there is no guarantee that any of the partners involved are not going to "catch their fun". I know a few Nigerian girls here who have guys back home. They visit home once in a while and talk to their partners non-stop, but that does not stop them from f--king other guys here. It works the other way round too.
My friend's got this chick called Funke(of course, that's not her real name). She's got a guy at home and they communicate like mad. Funke is actually engaged to her guy(home). My friend also has a babe at home.
Of course, both their separate relationships are going strong, as they visit home regularly but they "play" away, whilst not attaching any strings to it.
It helps, you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Should I Text My Ex And Tell Him I Miss Him – I Need Answers / ~How Many Boyfriends/Galfriends Do You Have?~ / Girls Walking Comfortably With Hairy Body!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.