Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Do Long Distance Relationships Work? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Long Distance Relationships Work? (12883 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / How To Overcome The Pains Of Distance Relationships / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by shaddy(f): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2005
we knew each other before i left naija and we still continue our relationship.its really hard but we call each other everyday, chat and txt.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2005
That's nice smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by casper(m): 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2005
shaddy notin dey happen we dey the same program and i wish us the best ...............ONE LOVE
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by ocho(f): 12:00am On Dec 09, 2005
@shaddy, all the best girl. nothing dey happen cheesy
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Greatpeter(m): 12:10am On Dec 09, 2005
It might work and might not work.
It's fifty - fifty.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by shaddy(f): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2005
Thanks a lot 2 everybody dat wish me well.To g[b]reatpeter[/b], i knw my relationship will surely work and u will surely knw if a relationship will work or not which depends on the type of gurl or guy u dey go out with. if u trust the person and both of u r honest with each other.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by babycute(f): 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2005
it works if u really want it too....but it involves alot of trust.commitment and communication.i was into one and it was good.it works sha
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nicetohave(m): 5:52am On Dec 10, 2005
it works until it breaks down...keep your eyes open.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by christyne(f): 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2005
Let me just say it works for pple who really wants it to work.
The probability that it will work n it will not work is the same,so i'm in - between.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by dollygurl(f): 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2005
wat do u all think...i mean both girl and boy living at far ends (lets say theyve seen each other before and for some reasons felt smthing for each other after one of them travelled)

1) do u think its a good thing
2) if it is would it last
3)wat if they loved each other so much....do u think its real
4) is there any chance of trust
5) do u think mailing and calling is enough

just wanna know...pls answer each ques....thnks
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by dollygurl(f): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2005
it works for those who wants it to...im in a long dis relationship..loves who im with...but the thing is..wow...we are like so busy with school stuff and all,we do chat a lot when we are free though but everyday i wish i was so back in ngja and hope nothing wld get wrong or change things....but now im glad i av peeps in my shoes who i can talk with...tc
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Remedy(m): 9:38pm On Dec 21, 2005
content deleted
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by onyxhawk(m): 4:40am On Dec 22, 2005
IAH it didn't work oo. PM me for story.

hot-angel: how long did it last? And did you try? Just curious.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 4:43am On Dec 22, 2005
Yes i tried it. It was stupid. Infact really stupid. It lasted... not more than 1 month. Infact.. it was stupid. I've said it before and i'll say it again. LDR is B.S

And please don't give me the "because it didn't work for you don't mean it's B.S crap".
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by onyxhawk(m): 4:49am On Dec 22, 2005
hot-angel:

Yes i tried it. It was stupid. Infact really stupid. It lasted... not more than 1 month. Infact.. it was stupid. I've said it before and i'll say it again. LDR is B.S

And please don't give me the "because it didn't work for you don't mean it's B.S crap".

I think that if it didn't work for you.. it didn't work for you.

Like everything else in life.. people are different.. that is what makes the world go round.

'Because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work next time.. or that there isn't a chance it will work for someone else.'

It has worked before for others.. so it isn't impossible. Just has to be the right set of people, in the right situatiion. It isn't for everyone.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by mide2(f): 4:53am On Dec 22, 2005
Short distance r/ship sef, u haven't finished settling, not to talk of long dist one. It doesn't work most of the time jare.......i wish we could ask all that claimed to be in a LDR on this post to keep in touch till abt 10yrs ..then we'll see 1/10 of them would be telling another story even by a yr time.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by onyxhawk(m): 4:59am On Dec 22, 2005
mide2:

Short distance r/ship sef, u haven't finished settling, not to talk of long dist one. It doesn't work most of the time jare.i wish we could ask all that claimed to be in a LDR on this post to keep in touch till about 10yrs ..then we'll see 1/10 of them would be telling another story even by a yr time.

Do SDR have a guarantee attached? If so I missed it..

If you have something going.. and aren't interested.. then don't have a LDR.

If you like the person.. or better like them a lot.. then why not try..

Don't knock it till you try it. I don't think anyone going into a LDR is thinking.. 'Hmm.. I hope this doesn't work out.'

Anyway, can't blame anyone for giving their opinions.. SDR are easier.. but conditions aren't always ideal.. and diamonds are made in the rough.. not in the vast, open beautiful fields.. and they wouldn't be precious if they were formed easily or common.

So I think they LDRs that make it are special.. but they are not easy by any stretch of the imagination. Got to respect 5 years of not seeing each other.. 1 month and I am already getting antsy.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by hotangel2(f): 6:28am On Dec 22, 2005
Ohh you are in one? I wish you luck hun. I really do. smiley
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by IAH(f): 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2005
hot-angel:

IAH it didn't work oo. PM me for story.

Yee! I've missed! Where was I when you posted this? I didn't see it! Ok, I'm off to PM you for story NOW!
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by shaddy(f): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2005
i agree with dollygurl, it surely work for anybody dat want it to work.its works for me and i love my guy and we communicate everynow and then..
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nicetohave(m): 2:44am On Dec 23, 2005
The rule of the game is there is no rule.....you get out of it what you put into it.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by onyxhawk(m): 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2005
nicetohave:

The rule of the game is there is no rule.you get out of it what you put into it.

shaddy:

i agree with dollygurl, it surely work for anybody that want it to work.its works for me and i love my guy and we communicate everynow and then..

Would have to agree with both of you. There are 'some' times when things don't work out even after you try, but I think for the most part.. it works out as long as you want it to.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by nikkylolly(f): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2005
No it doesn't. Cos there would be lots of temptation; at work, College etc.But if they live around each other, even if they see each other only once a week, it's okay to resist temptations but long distance, they might not cope. Whenever there is temptation, they'll both be thinking "let me go for it, I'm not even sure of what he/she is doing".
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Z4M4eva(f): 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2006
Not always the case...
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by icingbaby(f): 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2006
it work for some people.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Rolly: 2:16am On Jan 02, 2006
well, i must say, it would work for some people, but i didn't work for me. no it didn't undecided

we met thru our mothers he dididn'took for me so he didnt appreciate what he had because he didnt have to win me over in 2004 dec. i was planning to come to the US in april 2005 and i told him and he was like " oh, no problem we'll make it work" and i was like "how?" and he said "we'll call each other everyday and talk" and i said "why dont we use emails" and he said " i dont have time for that" and i said " even if it is just to say hi, how r u doing?" he said, " i wont have time " and i was like " ok, so u'll call and i'll send emails when i get there" and he shshruggedis shoulders.

so when i got here in april 2005, i waited in vain for him to call so i decided to call him and he said " oh, i'm sorry ididnt call" and i said "ok,no problem, have u opened an email box?" he said, " no, i told u i dont have time!" and i said " ok, i wont call until u sendme an email (he had my email addy) and he didnt reply. this was july. and so in august, he called and said " i have done that email issue that u told me to and i've sent u an email" till today, i havent seen that email. and so i called him at the end of septemSeptemberold him the whole thing wasnt going to work and he just said "ok"

And so u see, long didtancedistancenship will not work for me (it was way stupid of me to think it would) but anyways  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by shaddy(f): 9:23am On Jan 02, 2006
Hello rolly,
i have read ur comments and it really shows that the guy doesn't like the idea of long distance relationship but u will surely find someone better that will luv u so much.Just forget about him.
Mine own case is different.I and my guy are moving on very well.We even celebrated our 4 yrs relationship on Xmas day.And i call him everyday, he 2 always call me but not everyday[u knw its not easy 2 b calling from naija everyday but he calls me very well] and we chat everynow and then.
To nikkylolly
And talking about temptation, although temptation will come but if u luv ur guy and u belief dat u trust him and he also trust u, y falling into temptation.there are lots of things 2 b worrying about, studies, work and so on .i trust my guy and i don't worry or bother myself of wat he is doing in naija..Without trust, nothing can work.i belief it has already work out 4 us.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Rolly: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2006
Awwwww! that was sooo nice! cheesy thanks a lot

i'm sooooo happy for u guys and i wish u the very best!!!! kiss kiss
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by pie1ect(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2006
On the issue of long-distance relationships, I think this is a good case study.

Not saying all LDRs end that way, but to be fore-warned is to be fore-armed. If your power no reach am, no decieve yourself. If you decide to do it, because "if others can do it, I can do it as well", God help you.
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Hotstepper(f): 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2006
i like ur respond @shaddy. TRUST is da ultimate key in every relationship whether da guy/gurl in question is ur next door neighbour at home..u can't be with him/her 24/7...if she/he make up his/her mind dat she/he is gonan have an affair, nuthing stops dat. am also in a long distance relationship with ma guy in 9eria..we chat everyday and talk on da phone atleast 4 times a week..he calls and I call....so itz TRUST all da way and lvove has no boundariessssssss..datz how i see mineeee and as 4 temptation, as shaddy also said, u have much 2 worry about like skool and in ma case whereby we ftalk and chat everyday, watz dere 2 worry about..by da way, i just finished chatting with him and waiting 2 call once i gat ma skool things ready kiss happy new year ppl..fellow ur heart diz year
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by Oyinhoney(m): 12:54am On Jan 03, 2006
readin all of dis comments have really made me think bout my relationship with my guy.see the problem is we live like an hour n half away 4 from each otha it may not seem like a big deal but the train ticket is expensive.we hardly talk online n e more,even wen we talk on d fone i know fo sho d convo can only last upto 1-3mins maximum.n besides dat i think his got otha things on his mind.so am kind of scared things wont work out.his already complain bout money n we can only c each otha on weekends now adays unless n e quick holidays pop up....basically wat am tryna say is we have only been datin 4 a couple of weeks but i cant handle it n emore its craziie tongue.i dont c d reason y u sud have a relationship with someone u wont b able 2 c weneva u where eva u want...besides sometimes wen ur apart like dat u find it hard to love d person

i jus hope dat God will help me out on dis one...
Re: Do Long Distance Relationships Work? by mide2(f): 1:03am On Jan 03, 2006
hmmmm.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Spirit Husband! / How Often Do You Masturbate? Please Be Honest. / Palmpay Is Threatening My Life Because Of A Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.