Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? (48545 Views)

I Just Confirm Polygamy Is Reasonable. / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 24, 2018
Hanseel1:

I didn't read his post carefully before commenting, scroll up and you'll see my reply to someone on this page. That's my answer to his question.

BTW, my mom wasn't a jobless housewife. It's sad that your mom was.

your response shows the quality of your upbringing and those who did that job.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by addictiv(m): 2:01am On Aug 24, 2018
I ain't giving no wifey a dime, the best I can do is to get a well paying job for her and she can use the money from there to take care of the home upkeep, while I focus on capital expenses. I cannot come and kill myself. Imagine paying my wife salary... For what na? I no be bursary or scholarship board. It doesn't mean I can't occasionally buy foodstuffs, give her money or get things for her and family. But it's solely on my discretion and definitely not on a monthly basis.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by akilo1: 2:01am On Aug 24, 2018
#20 brother
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by generationz(f): 2:03am On Aug 24, 2018
cruchenutii:

Ha! 150k wig is on the high side & 60k is too much If a man earns less than 500k to be honest.
Let's note that 60k is not the whole money for the home in a month, It's just the stipend for the Wife alone so It's a lot.

Also the issue is, women can assume a particular class even when they are not. I'm always ask to know a lady's background before I judge.
You can't be earning 150k Net income as a lady & be using 150k Wig, it doesn't work that way.

So anyways, which one are you? - A simple lady or the flamboyant type?
Lemme know now before I propose to you oh, because I'm ready; so no medicine after death cheesy cheesy cheesy
he he he

right now I'm a simple lady working hard to live a luxurious yet simple life.
if you know you know

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 24, 2018
victorian:

He has already settled food and drinks at home.. Their store room is filled with yams, bag of rice, garri and the rest. It's not for food at all. Fridge is filled with all kinds of drinks. This Sallah was eat and drink til u can eat no more cheesy
It was great fun.

He Should be earning much and he's a top official in a federal government office .

My dear, I have a big link am working on with my lawyer which is 100percent concrete and legit . Also with my kind of biz and the kind of links I want is different from what the husband can link me to.
But my lawyer? That man knows people and has worked for a lot of top shots.. So am better off with him, than with my friend husband.

Anyone earning 60k as salary, should please look for other source of income.
Cause for me, am looking at other source of income o

Am not focused on just my company alone.

Madame, It's like you will invite me to meet this your Lawyer oh, You cannot be enjoying the connections alone grin
In terms of the 60k salary & other sources of income.
It's not easy oh. Some fields are just low earners, you need to change your career path totally.
For example, marketers earn as low as they come. These are hard times
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 24, 2018
generationz:

he he he

if you know you know

Hmmm I don't know oh, Please let me know cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 24, 2018
WinningSun:

your response shows the quality of your upbringing and those who did that job.

Shut up if you have nothing to say. She was trying to force her ideology on me, trying to make me look stupid because I don't share her ideology I have no choice but to reply her in such manner.

I don't just know what's wrong with me these days, sleep ain't coming that's why I still hear the sounds of notifications.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by JacksonOyibo: 2:07am On Aug 24, 2018
smiley
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 24, 2018
Hanseel1:

Shut up if you have nothing to say. She was trying to force her ideology on me, trying to make me look stupid because I don't share her ideology I have no choice but to reply her in such manner.

I don't just know what's wrong with me these days, sleep ain't coming that's why I still hear the sounds of notifications.

you are psychologically disturbed. you need counseling.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 24, 2018
WinningSun:

you are psychologically disturbed. you need counseling.

You're right..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Maski87: 2:39am On Aug 24, 2018
2000naira,if she does not always bring show on demand
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by AreaFada2: 2:48am On Aug 24, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, [b]school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) [/b]and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ??

A late relative's three kids, all three were not his. He died soon after finding out. All the pampering, jeeps/SUVs, money and massive house the young lady enjoyed didn't stop her cheating.
So it's not far fetched.

For many couples getting married, discussing finances and contribution formula is still almost a taboo. It is assumed the hubby will foot all the bills. But increasingly it's becoming an illusion. The money needed to live to a decent standard cannot be provided by the hubby alone. A woman now needs or wants everything a man needs in addition to traditional female stuff. She needs a car, nice phone and gadgets too.

Add that to hairdo, clothes, shoes, make up, children's school fees, clothes, family feeding cost, housing/rent, inlaws/elderly parent', commitment, electricity/gen/fuel cost, etc. A man has to have an unusually well-paid job, avenue to siphon money at work, corruption money, or an extremely successful business venture to carry such load alone. Only a few in Nigeria fall into this category.

@OP, how much you need depends on your family's unique situation. No single fixed amount: First & foremost your income. It determines what you can afford. Whether you shop at Shoprite or local market. Then number of people in your family unit, location, taste/living standard you have both adopted, your plans for the future, etc.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by soundPrince: 2:54am On Aug 24, 2018
Hello people, pls kindly check my new single out here https://soundloopmusicng./2018/08/12/music-legit_soundprince_prod-karmaxbeatz/ thanks
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 24, 2018
victorian:

She buys hajias clothes, shoes and jewelleries, then save some Incase of rainy day. Cause if any of her friends is broke, she has to borrow to friends grin
She is that nice with money. She even bought a Samsung galaxy phone for her dad last week. Everybody around them is happy with them.

She and her husband are very nice. And the husband is making more money. He's not complaining at all. They are truly blessed.
Lmao this sounds like a fairytale Bollywood movie depicting a beautiful end.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by freddaboh(m): 3:00am On Aug 24, 2018
iClef:
Sorry, Sir. The reason you're being attacked is because you're talking like a married man and this post is meant to be posted on family section.

My advice is: use the cummulated money and setup a side business for her. Profit from the business can be used to maintain the home. When you start acting too responsible and bumping a woman money, you're training her for a disaster in the future.

A woman who has seen money will always want to see more money just as woman who has tasted a great bedmatician and has gotten an orgasm from him will always want more. If the bedmatician is not around, she'll look for another one because she needs to taste that thing "orgasm" again.

The day or month you'll not give after a brief quarrel is the month she'll go looking for that "monthly salary" you used to pay her from another man despite her working for her own money.

Na una dey carry una hand spoil una marriages while trying to act like real men who take care of their families.

Before a man should get into marriage, he should study how women work, but most men never do it and we always await their marriage disasters or epistles on front-page.

My wife this, my wife that — I trusted her, I did this for her, I gave her the whole world, I gave her all she wanted, she never lacked, she never this, I treated her like a queen, etc. but she did this to me — blah blah blah.

I don't wish married people bad, but I don't pity married men who think money is all they need to keep a woman or a home and with this, they refuse to learn how women work and focus all their lives on just money.

Money is good, but a millionaire who knows how women work is better than a billionaire who doesn't.

Right on point
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Squooshy: 3:06am On Aug 24, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
But why should a man be giving someone who got complete hands and legs any money whatsoever. It’s nice to go out as couples and pay the bills. It is even bad enough you are the one taking care of the house bills, school fees of 3 children (of which one of the 3 children may not be your own) and you will now be placing her on a Budget.

Budget to do what exactly ??

Stingikoko.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Eponyeeboz: 3:10am On Aug 24, 2018
Squooshy:

Stingikoko.

Lazarus the beggar
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by generationz(f): 3:13am On Aug 24, 2018
cruchenutii:

Hmmm I don't know oh, Please let me know cheesy
he he he
what's there not to understand.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by MARKone(m): 3:36am On Aug 24, 2018
AreaFada2:

A late relative's three kids, all three were not his. He died soon after finding out. All the pampering, jeeps/SUVs, money and massive house the young lady enjoyed didn't stop her cheating.
So it's not far fetched.

All three kids undecided

I feel for him, but appears your Relative must have had some fertility issues not to have sired even a child from the woman. 3? That's crazy man...

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Wilfredpat22(f): 3:47am On Aug 24, 2018
AreaFada2:

So it's not far fetched.

For many couples getting married, discussing finances and contribution formula is still almost a taboo. It is assumed the hubby will foot all the bills. But increasingly it's becoming an illusion. The money needed to live to a decent standard cannot be provided by the hubby alone. A woman now needs or wants everything a man needs in addition to traditional female stuff. She needs a car, nice phone and gadgets too.

Add that to hairdo, clothes, shoes, make up, children's school fees, clothes, family feeding cost, housing/rent, inlaws/elderly parent', commitment, electricity/gen/fuel cost, etc. A man has to have an unusually well-paid job, avenue to siphon money at work, corruption money, or an extremely successful business venture to carry such load alone. Only a few in Nigeria fall into this category.

@OP, how much you need depends on your family's unique situation. No single fixed amount: First & foremost your income. It determines what you can afford. Whether you shop at Shoprite or local market. Then number of people in your family unit, location, taste/living standard you have both adopted, your plans for the future, etc.

You are the first person I will give a mention on nairaland and that is because you deserve it
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by flyingdutchman(m): 3:56am On Aug 24, 2018
MiztaFabulous:
In every reasonable way it is very necessary that a man gives his spouse a certain amount of money every month for the upkeep of the home whether she is working, doing business or not.

In your opinion, how much do you think is very reasonable for a man to give his spouse every month that will definitely be okay to maintain a comfortable home?
It is not a question of the amount but, the percentage if your earning. 50% is good enough for a low income earner. The remaining 50%, you should save 10%. 40% is yours for how you are led to utilize it.
However, for high income earners, the Percentage should keep reducing.
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by MissJoy29(f): 4:30am On Aug 24, 2018
generationz:

are you saying a man shouldn't take care of his wife because he is afraid she will cheat on him or leave him? shhh

the first responsibility of a man is to take care of his family whether his wife is working or not .
While the first responsibility of a woman is to take care of her home whether she is working or not

how the both of them then choose to go about it is theirs business.
Everyone of them knows their limit and the nonsense they can take

As for me I would never let a man open a business for me only to push all the family responsibility on my head ... so what is he then contributing...

what happens if the business crashes tommorow? will he take up the family responsibility again?

A woman already goes through a lot with child birth ,home care, taking care of the kids and a 9-5 job or full time business . this your suggestion is the number cause of stress on women then when the woman is looking worn out he will start looking for side chick.

I will have you know sir, that poverty is much more likely to lead a woman to cheat on her husband than abundance. come to slums and see married women who hawk their wears branching into another mans house for a quicky to feed her kids.

Well done ma!
You have said it all. Nothing more to add.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by chiefolododo(m): 4:32am On Aug 24, 2018
15naira
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by allytinted: 4:47am On Aug 24, 2018
Bluezy13:

"And he still takes care of everything in the home and also assist both his family and hers join"

So what exactly does your friend use the 60k for
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by InvertedHammer: 4:59am On Aug 24, 2018
generationz:

he he he

if you know you know
/
Simple and luxury do not go.

Forget luxury. Lead a simple life and you will never run out of money in life. Life is not that complicated.
They claim to be big boys and drive somewhat expensive cars but a life challenge of N5m will be catastrophic. Some people sef!

/

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by dingbang(m): 5:00am On Aug 24, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

You are the first person I will give a mention on nairaland and that is because you deserve it
arrgh babe take sofri sofri dey lie na.. All the mentions you don give others in the past kwanu? Chei cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by dingbang(m): 5:03am On Aug 24, 2018
Hanseel1:

you are right
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 24, 2018
tee59:
Your whole salary now and you be suffering till another month ending .Since ,she is disabled and liability that can't work to make her own money. Be wise in spending.
You might know how to read but u definitely have a big problem comprehending simple English sentences/Write-ups. Sometimes, being in a haste to judge people makes u into a dull head.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 24, 2018
Marriage is about trust and compromise.Give everything you earn to your wife and let her manage the finances.If she is a prudent woman and she is trustworthy,your wealth will grow otherwise get out of the marriage.This means that if you cannot give your wife all you earn,it probably means you don't trust her and if you don't trust her,there is no reason you should be married to her.Yes my wife takes it all and as a matter of fact,i never fancied being asked by my wife for money.I am happy to work for her.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by aliblaginfo: 5:17am On Aug 24, 2018
MiztaFabulous:
In every reasonable way it is very necessary that a man gives his spouse a certain amount of money every month for the upkeep of the home whether she is working, doing business or not.

In your opinion, how much do you think is very reasonable for a man to give his spouse every month that will definitely be okay to maintain a comfortable home?

It all depends on the husband's income and their lifestyle. It varies
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 24, 2018
K
Re: How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? by MrMcJay(m): 5:23am On Aug 24, 2018
orbitalgis:
Marriage is about trust and compromise.[s]Give everything you earn to your wife and let her manage the finances[/s].If she is a prudent woman and she is trustworthy,your wealth will grow otherwise get out of the marriage.This means that [s]if you cannot give your wife all you earn,it probably means you don't trust her [/s] and if you don't trust her, there is no reason you should be married to her.Yes my wife takes it all and as a matter of fact,i never fancied being asked by my wife for money.I am happy to work for her.

Your post simply implies that you lack financial discipline and are incapable of making sound financial decisions. Hence, you delegate financial decision making to your wife. It's not a bad thing to do and as you know your weakness and your wife covers for that.

However, you are very wrong to lump everyone in the same box. Not every woman has financial discipline like your wife and in some instances, some men have more financial discipline than you do. In instances as those, your advice becomes invalid.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ladies If You Are Asked To Pick Just One Of These. / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / Nigerian Man Married His Secondary School Classmate (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.