Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? (34924 Views)

Can My Disrespectful, Unsubmissive Boyfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by SpaceAngel: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
If you want to enjoy your remaining days on this planet, run as fast as possible from this kind of person. What you are seeing now is most likely a tip of iceberg of what you'll see if you continue with the relationship and eventually marry her. Forget about her changing for the better after marriage, you'll see coming home as hell once you are married and this will be till the end of your life.

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Skmoda360(m): 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
No she won't and she will never ever change ok.....

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Alxmyr(m): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
I stopped reading after I read about your mom's advise. If you don't take your own mother's advise, how are we sure you will take correction here?

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by onyepapa(m): 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
Make una leave this man! I've been there and don that!! There's one thing his not telling which is the girl can Bleep the living day light out of you!! His not holding unto her but holding unto her good pussy! That's all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nnemuka(f): 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
mumu grin grin
The fact that u think feminists are disrespectful speaks volume of the type of man u are.
You deserve that girl

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by seancombs617: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
This sounds like my ex Kike...same bs

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Alxmyr(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
onyepapa:
Make una leave this man! I've been there and don that!! There's one thing his not telling which is the girl can Bleep the living day light out of you!! His not holding unto her but holding unto her good pussy! That's all

Exactly, he is infatuated by her beautiful body and probably good sex and maybe prospect of her good job. They both deserve one another, two players playing each other to marriage. ..

6 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by frozen70(f): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

Since the colour of the red flag is not bright enough for you to see and believe that the boat you want to sail is having two captains

That means, it will capsize and guess what, you will get drawn and she will move on to the shore.
Either by swimming or by rescue

Pls what's so special about this lady, that you still kept her with you ❓

Character, zero, what again do you think you can use to replace it ❓

No matter how well built she is,
No matter her beauty
No matter her class

When her attitude matures beyond taming, those attractions become useless

You tied up your love to her that's why you don't even know how or where to start from

Guy, am a woman but for a woman to possess all you just mentioned, if your are being sincere

Just walk away pls

4 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by bixton(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

It appears you have not finally made peace with yourself to let her go.

Try this out and let the outcome be the judge....
Bring out all your dirty clothes of one month ago and that of about 3 of your friends. Also add hers to it and tell her to do the washing while you sit down and observe. .......

I'll like to know how it plays
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
This guy is funny...

Your girlfriend is the boss of that relationship. .

She does whatever she want because you lack leadership quality..

Guy, you can't handle that girl..
. She is bigger than you..

Break that relationship if you want to achieve your God given height and authority!!!

You haven't seen anything.. Wait till she has like 3 kids... That is the time you will understand the concept of toxicity called Feminism better!!!
OP is a Nurse in his relationship....

I think he deserves a lady that sync with him and not this Tacha grin

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by naijadrivablog: 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx, RUN! Dont say you were not warned. Let her go slowly.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by naijadrivablog: 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
dominique:
People learn from their past mistakes to better themselves. You should let her go but not without telling her why you're breaking up with her. That way, she can take lessons learnt from her failed relationship to improve herself in.the next one. It's never advisable to marry a person your parents(s) don't approve of

@bolded is not always true. You have to find out why they don't approve before taking the final decision, well as a man.

4 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
dominique:
People learn from their past mistakes to better themselves. You should let her go but not without telling her why you're breaking up with her. That way, she can take lessons learnt from her failed relationship to improve herself in.the next one. It's never advisable to marry a person your parents(s) don't approve of
You are a married woman shocked
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Meomonla: 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
No try am bros....trust me,from experience
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by allcomage: 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
I'm not stupid man! The reason why I have stayed this long with her is that I don't know if the next person I will jump to would be worse, which I doubt
I aligned with the person you replied. Let December 2019 be your walkaway deadline even if you trained her in school, built a house or the sweetest kpekus in the world, set a trap for her and walk away from her for good with out looking back if not calamity will be your second name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
Martinez39:
I have no pity for you. I have no pity for people who stupidly orchestrate their misery. If you don't know what to do, I cannot help you and nobody can. If your girlfriend can be like this and you haven't done the needful or don't know what you should do, then both of you deserve and belong to each other. grin
Stupidity is a curse that makes the stupid man potentially dangerous to himself and those around him. You are afflicted by this curse and the only cure is the singular act of fully using your brain. Start using your brain to think smart like an adult and get some boldness and spine. You are a weak and very stupid person.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Zubi10(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
I have similar experience with this guy. But we tend to fall in love so much to these girls .God help us
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by samguru(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
@op

The best that can happen after marriage is for her to graduate from insults to assaults.

She is a bad market for you, am sure she has tried all her best to conceal her attitudes but seemed concealable.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by jidxin(m): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO capital NO. i am in your shoes but i was wise enough to understand on time that this lady will become nuclear after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by zedman1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
dominique:
Good advice, but most ladies, from experience and research will never ever ever tell you the reason they're breaking up with you but demand a reason if reverse is the case.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
You guys say Feminism and jump to a disrespectful person.

A feminist only ask to get the same respect they diss out. Asking to be treated equally as you treat a guy and having the pride not to settle for less is tag disrespectful?

Men!

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
That's exactly my plan bro... Marriage is not a child's play and I don't want to end up as a frustrated man.. The frustration in this country alone is enough to give one concern talk more of adding that of a miserable wife to it

I know there are several other guys in the same dilemma with me and I hope lalasticlala can give this post a wider audience
We don japa tay tay..

This is a straightforward case.. What can make it a dilemma is if she is good in other aspects: "neat, faithful, cook well, romantic when in mood, wants the best for you out of sincere mind.. "etc

But the chief of it all is Character and respect.. If she doesn't have that, those other good qualities should not lure you into marrying her..

By the time she explode in marriage, your house will be hotter than a furnace.. You won't be able to bear it..

Character is everything bro!!!
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sacramento1212: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
jidxin:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO capital NO. i am in your shoes but i was wise enough to understand on time that this lady will become nuclear after marriage.

@ nuclear after marriage

[img]https://media1./images/e82c2cd09db0bf410917cda2ef22ffd4/tenor.gif?itemid=4986298[/img]

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Burggerxbabe: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hey baby you forgot to mention how you keep cheating and beating me each time you go out and get drunk. I’ve lost count really . You are here calling all sorts of names but you are actually the abuser, disrespectful and manipulative boyfriend. Break up with me already if all these things are true. What do you expect me to do when I catch you cheating, smile and hug you? Instead of you to work on yourself, you are here laying blames. Let’s see a relationship expert and work on the relationship but you always say No. How can a lady who you treat as a queen disrespect you? Please answer my question!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
frozen70:

Since the colour of the red flag is not bright enough for you to see and believe that the boat you want to sail is having two captains

That means, it will capsid and guess what, you will get drawn and she will move on to the shore.
Either by swimming or by rescue

Pls what's so special about this lady that you still kept her with you ❓

Character, zero, what again do you think you can use to replace it ❓

No matter how well built she is,
No matter her beauty
No matter her class

When her attitude matures beyond taming, those attractions become useless

You tied up your love to her that's why you don't even know how or where to start from

Guy, am a woman but for a woman to process all you just mentioned if your are being sincere

Just walk away pls
I'm being sincere dear and God knows everything I've written here is nothing but the truth
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by zelaws: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx
You are who you are. Nothing changes.
What you do now is the same thing you have being doing for years in different forms at different places.

Your mum has warned you.
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
hkidola00:
hmmm,after reading everything,well what can i say..
well op im in d same shiitt wit u,dis only happens when d girl is giving u different style in d closet.Your family will be complaining of her attitude,but d 48 styles shes giving u wont let u leave her...
She don Kayamata you.. shocked

Jaruma I hail you o grin
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by yeyeosoronga: 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
No . Leave her alone and marry someone else. You guys are incompatible. She will meet someone wlaw whom she will respect, while you will meet someone who will respect you

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sacramento1212: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
eni4real:
We don japa tay tay..

This is a straightforward case.. What can make it a dilemma is if she is good in other aspects: "neat, faithful, cook well, romantic when in mood, wants the best for you out of sincere mind.. "etc

But the chief of it all is Character and respect.. If she doesn't have that, those other good qualities should not lure you into marrying her..

By the time she explode in marriage, your house will be hotter than a furnace.. You won't be able to bear it..

Character is everything bro!!!

If the character issues is from her growing up as per from a toxic environment, then that's a big issue but if it's a clear issue of Spiritual manipulation, it can be handled and she'll be tamed. Provided she has a lot she's bringing to the table as the good sides that is not easily gotten from another

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
iRepNaija1:
Regardless of the circumstances, you two don't seem compatible for each other. Moreover, I'm always suspect of a person who feels more than comfortable framing their partner as the perpetrator and themselves as the victim. OP, I highly doubt you're 100% blameless in this. Even the terminology you use toward your girlfriend is suspect.
He is frustrated, man undecided
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by biggy26: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
dominique:
Your counsel is good, but has two sides. If hardness is embedded in her, even if you tell her her flaws and leave her, she might become more rebellious towards men and feel they ain't worth it. The best thing is for him to tell someone she respects to talk to her and counsel her after he has left her, then, she might listen and become sober.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
If all you have said is true and u have not embellished the story in any way, then u will cry hot tears if u marry her. You don't even seem to have any positive thing to say about her. Flee my friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Jim Ovia's Nephew Proposes To His Girlfriend At Banking Premises / How A Nairalander Pranked His Ex Girlfriend With The Lyrics Of Adele's Song / What's Your Worst First Date Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.