Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? (34913 Views)

Can My Disrespectful, Unsubmissive Boyfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / An Advice On How To Deal With A Disrespectful Lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by favour32(m): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
Run away don't expect change but next level.
If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by MzTunechi(f): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
Martinez39:
I have no pity for you. I have no pity for people who stupidly orchestrate their misery. If you don't know what to do, I cannot help you and nobody can. If your girlfriend can be like this and you haven't done the needful or don't know what you should do, then both of you deserve and belong to each other. grin
Stupidity is a curse that makes the stupid man potentially dangerous to himself and those around him. You are afflicted by this curse and the only cure is the singular act of fully using your brain. Start using your brain to think smart like an adult and get some boldness and spine. You are a weak and very stupid person.

LMAO grin you go get bad mouth oo
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Billyanger(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
NO bro! For the love of God! Why you doing this to yourself? Your mom is a woman and she is sensitive, believe her and leave the girl...no regret.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
newdawn2017:
U re very fortunate dear op, that she came to u without her mask. U re seei g dis ki d of thing clearly & u re considering marriage with such a toxic b**ch?? shocked. I think u ve low self esteem & no standards at all, hence such consideration in d first place. Good luck to u. undecided
No I don't have a low self esteem. Let me just say I refused to let go probably because of her beauty and the thrill of people being envious of us when we are both walking together. Only if they know the heating I'm facing dating the pretty lady they envy

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
Billyanger:
NO bro! For the love of God! Why you doing this to yourself? Your mom is a woman and she is sensitive, believe her and leave the girl...no regret.
Yes my mom is more sensitive than I am. She can smell an evil person miles away
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Budline1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
No I don't have a low self esteem. Let me just say I refused to let go probably because of her beauty and the thrill of people being envious of us when we are both walking together. Only if they know the heating I'm facing dating the pretty lady they envy

Beauty isn't everything. Beauty will fade.

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Mypeople2(m): 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
I'm not stupid man! The reason why I have stayed this long with her is that I don't know if the next person I will jump to would be worse, which I doubt
Fear of the unknown! My guy dump her fast .As e day hot,dump her .Don't waste time .If you can't do it ,tell me let me help you to break the toxic relax so that she can go and learn manners. But I sure say she fine.The pretty ones these days are rude

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by wamide042(m): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2019
Can a leopard change it’s skin......
Or can a Tiger behave like a sheep...
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by SenecaTheYonger: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
I'm not stupid man! The reason why I have stayed this long with her is that I don't know if the next person I will jump to would be worse, which I doubt

I'm sorry but your thoughts make no sense. You have obviously meet better ladies in the past, why will you not meet a better one if you terminate this one?

Anyways, my advice will be to marry her so that you will learn the gift that is peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sacramento1212: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

Apart from beauty, what other good qualities does she have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by PyriteBoss: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
DONT TRY TO MARRY THAT IDIOT,YOUR DESCRIPTION REMINDS ME OF MY FORMER GIRLFRIEND ,WHO IS THE MOST TOXIC HUMAN BEING FROM IJEBU IGBO....VERY TERRIBLE PERSON...PLEASE RUN AWAY FROM HER LIKE I DID...SHE IS DAMAGED AND WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DONT

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Prognose: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
Lol
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by tboydbrave(m): 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2019
U better run as fast as your legs can carry u oo. Na no go area, but on a more serious case. Only God can change her. Dats d true. If u no u cant cope its better to leave now than cry endlessly in d marriage cos she would rule u. Just wait till she gets pregnant n delivers,Na then u go sabi how far.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by MzTunechi(f): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
Try me! Where do you stay?

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Didi2d(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
Noooooooo ooooooooo
My brother run for your life oooooo

I am in such a mess now, I have said it here on nairaland again and again I knew her bad attitude but I went on with the relationship but now I am suffering for it now.
I pray God help me

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
Kaychiz:
We have a close family friend who is suffering from this problem right now and we pray daily that God will give him a miracle someday! As in, the guy is living with a hell-cat called wife. Funny thing is his father-in-law actually asked him severally before marriage if he was man enough to tame his daughter Becos they all knew the kind of person she was. But he was blinded by love!

Today it's from one problem to the other. The wife is just one devil who is never wrong! She's picked up a knife severally trying to stab him. And at other times she threatens to kill herself if things are not done her way. I've witnessed her drink deadly solutions just because her husband was trying to put his foot down on an issue. She blackmails him emotionally all the time thereby forcing him to do her bidding. The situation is really pathetic and the guy keeps regretting not heeding to the advice of all those who advised him against the marriage.

Pls run for your life while you still have the time to do so now.
The husband is a sissie grin
Believe me, she will succumb when she meet her match.
They always go for whom they can control.
So also some men. They keep on messing up because their women are super gentle.
If they meet their match, las las six feet will settle am for them.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by cue64: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2019
This explains my situation right now, my brother now I’m running very far.... funny enough this kind of people do not even have anything to offer you..

5 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Tvegas(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Is there a drug like amoxil or chloroquine that changes people''s behaviour after marriage? If there is none so why do you think she will change? Infact its likely her attitude becomes worse after marriage. Marriage doesnt change people.

4 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Mypeople2(m): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
I knew it .I did not even read this comment before saying she may be beautiful. I have met many beautiful ones.Most of those ladies I met are beautiful but very very rude and no manners .Leave this babe guy before you gbef

5 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
I have seen many change. With the right partner though.

Seems u guys are not right for each other.
When u are right for each other, u help horn the other person's weakness.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
sacramento1212:

What are the good sides of this lady in question? Does it supercede the bad side?
She's intelligent, a motivator and a career driven lady which are good traits almost every man wants in a woman but the fear that she will cause separation between me and my family scares the hell out of me

Mom and younger sister have both observed my girlfriend to the extent that they predicted that my house will be out of bound for them if I eventually marry the lady. The first time they predicted it, I thought maybe it's because they don't like her but her actions and behaviour has been pointing towards their prediction

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by SURElee(f): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
I'm happy you are seeing the signs now. Don't come back here to ask us to advice you later should you go and marry her.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by burggerx: 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
Didi2d:
Noooooooo ooooooooo
My brother run for your life oooooo

I am in such a mess now, I have said it here on nairaland again and again I knew her bad attitude but I went on with the relationship but now I am suffering for it now.
I pray God help me
When I hear all sort of stories like that on Nairaland, I never knew I would be a victim of a toxic partner.. Not even an easy going person like me

4 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Mypeople2(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
favour32:
Run away don't expect change but next level.
If you know you know.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by overboard(m): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2019
Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage?

No

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by sacramento1212: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
She's intelligent, a motivator and a career driven lady which are good traits almost every man wants in a woman but the fear that she will cause separation between me and my family scares the hell out of me

Mom and younger sister have both observed my girlfriend to the extent that they predicted that my house will be out of bound for them if I eventually marry the lady. The first time they predicted it, I thought maybe it's because they don't like her but her actions and behaviour has been pointing towards their prediction

Well, every individual (man or woman) have their good and bad sides. It's only when the bad supercedes the good that it happens to be an issue. I don't know details as per what you have faced over time with this lady but the truth is that some of these negative qualities can be worked on if it's spiritually manipulated except if it's something she grew with due to toxic environment.

I've in the past been in a similar relationship with bad character and disrespect. I also guess your lady has anger issues? Well, if you have checked and you cannot live with such, then the choice would be yours alone.

Compatibility between the both of you should be physical and Spiritual. If not, there would be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by heendrix(m): 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:
One thing that scares the hell out of me about my girlfriend is her attitude. When you talk about a disrespectful and unsubmissive lady, my girlfriend is the headquarters of all the disrespectful and unsubmissive ladies I've ever met. Even if she does something good, I don't tend to notice it because her bad attitude has already overshadowed the good side of her

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

my answer to your question is that ur second guessing your mum which makes you very stupid sad

go ahead and marry the girl na it's gonna be ur home not ours

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by waley007(m): 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Mine is like that but we have a child now , I can't marry her , she's hell

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by yemmie(m): 4:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
Son listen to your mother, follow her advise.

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

Mister man Let her go. She s not for u and u r not her type of man. Love blinds, that where u r now. it takes more than love to maintain a marriage. People divorcing today were once lovers!
Also as someone said, Only a "mad man" can bring a feminist to her female state. If u r not this type of man, u better let her go before she kills u.

3 Likes

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
Mr man you better run for your life.

I said run run run o

Before she accuses you of sexual harrasment or even rape. You are done for if you're in any country other then Nigeria when she files the case.

1 Like

Re: Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? by SarkinYarki: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
burggerx:

Even if she acts respectful to me, it's so obvious she's only forcing it since it's a trait she lacks. Just when a little brawl ensues, curses and abusive words are usually not far-fetched from her mouth. She has even insulted my family before during a heated argument. The only thing my girlfriend is yet to do is to beat me up

I believe they say respect is earned but I've done everything a man should do to earn respect from his lady yet this lady talks to me like a kid. No sign of humility at all

My girlfriend is not only dominating but toxic and does not accept correction. She makes it look like giving authority as a man is slavery and she questions my authority every time. The annoying part is that she argues a lot and always wants to be right at all times. Feminism is written all over her to the extent that even in movies, my girlfriend will have the back of a woman who is unsubmissive and disrespectful to an innocent husband.

Although she acts like a respectful girlfriend in the presence of my family but my mom in question is smart enough to know that she's only faking it despite trying all my best to portray my girlfriend as someone that gives me joy in the face of my mom

Before my mom traveled to the UK in September, she sat me down up to three times and advised me to let go of this girl if I really want to spend the rest of life with peace of mind and that if I insist on marrying her, she doesn't have a choice than to respect my decision but she will remind me of her advice which I didn't yield to if I eventually end up as a frustrated man in the future

I've tried to terminate the relationship but she cries and makes the whole thing look like I don't love her and that if I do, I should be able to cope with her flaws. There was even a time she told me she doesn't have a choice than to respect me if I marry her and I was like WTF!

I have decided to call the relationship a quit once and for all since I'm not in for any future drama. I don't want to end up with a woman that will be rude and disrespect me in the face of my own children.

But there's one question I want to ask is that, can a ride girlfriend ever change after marriage? Is it worth taking the risk that she will change with time?

The bible has addressed this in Proverb 21:9 Better to live on the corner of a roof than to share a house with a nagging wife

Be guided please

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Caught My Friend's Girlfriend With Another Man: To Tell Or Not To Tell / Why Do Girls Change So Drastically When They Gain Admission? (calls For Concern) / Abuja Sex Workers: Why We Prefer Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.