Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

My Wife Is Emasculating Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Is Emasculating Me (103288 Views)

I Suspect My Wife Is Having Affair With Her Step Brother / My Wife's Cousin Has Visited & She's Luring Me With Her Thighs-kenyan Man (pics / My Wife Is Going For Service, Should I Impregnate Her Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2019
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 children (2 boys and a girl). I got married to this beatiful lady 13 years ago and everything was bliss until three years ago when my business experienced a serious down turn.

My wife on the other hand witnessed an upturn in fortunes and practically became the bread winner in the home.

Her good financial fortune had me focussed on trying to get myself back on track. I tried getting a job, but it was not forth coming.

My business continued to dwindle and then I resorted to doing small odd jobs just so I could contribute to the family upkeep.

My wife's upturn in fortune however brought out the ugliness in her. She started trying to assume control of the home. She stopped consulting me on decisions concerning our home, rather consulting her parents. She practically turned my kids against me as she painted me as irresponsible.

We initially had assess to each other's account, but now she has accounts hidden from me. I just found out she bought land somewhere, though she doesn't know I have that knowledge.

She has become rude and disrespectful and her parents and siblings have taken over my home. I am so pained because all I ever did was show her love and respect.

She didn't like the fact i tried to have order in my home and that seems to be my sin. I have never hit her or been wicked to her.

Right now, I'm pained and confused. I don't know what to do. Someone please help.

263 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by olumide3367(m): 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
Women sad. I wish I can hate all of you. But I love my mama o grin

523 Likes 28 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by simonlee(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2019
simple trick....

use a strange number to forward a text to your phone that reads "i will give you N20million and an oil company job if you divorce your wife and marry me"...
then see if she wouldn't go back to factory settings! wink

1429 Likes 118 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 children (2 boys and a girl). I got married to this beatiful lady 13 years ago and everything was bliss until three years ago when my business experienced a serious down turn. My wife on the other hand witnessed an upturn in fortunes and practically became the bread winner in the home. Her good financial fortune had me focussed on trying to get myself back on track. I tried getting a job, but it was not forth coming. My business continued to dwindle and then I resorted to doing small odd jobs just so I could contribute to the family upkeep.
My wife's upturn in fortune however brought out the ugliness in her. She started trying to assume control of the home. She stopped consulting me on decisions concerning our home, rather consulting her parents. She practically turned my kids against me as she painted me as irresponsible. We initially had assess to each other's account, but now she has accounts hidden from me. I just found out she bought land somewhere, though she doesn't know I have that knowledge. She has become rude and disrespectful and her parents and siblings have taken over my home. I am so pained because all I ever did was show her love and respect. She didn't like the fact i tried to have order in my home and that seems to be my sin. I have never hit her or been wicked to her. Right now, I'm pained and confused. I don't know what to do. Someone please help.
fact of life, money changes both men and women because it comes with control. It's human nature

Your wife is not emasculating you, you are just losing control of the power and finances in the family. Do you know how much BS women tolerate from men in marriages because he earns more?

Uncle, go and hustle or give your pants over to your wife and stop complaining

247 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Peterosky(m): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
An elder has just arrived. Simply leave the house and marriage for her in peace. Exactly what I will do if I were in your shoes even though I really don't like divorce. But I can not come and kill myself because of marriage and woman wahala.

186 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by phyya(f): 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
simonlee:
simple trick....

use a strange number to forward a text to your phone that reads "i will give you N20million and an oil company job if you divorce your wife and marry me"...
Look who's back!

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
funmisticqueen:
fact of life, money changes both men and women because it comes with control. It's human nature

Your wife is not emasculating you, you are just losing control of the power and finances in the family. Do you know how much BS women tolerate from men in marriages because he earns more?

You are just like my wife. If marriage is about control, why marry? Why not stay on your own? Making money is not about hustling, if it was i'd be earning over three times what my wife earns. Luck, favour also plays a role. Maybe God just wants to show me who I married.

1140 Likes 85 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kobicove(m): 9:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
This is every man's worst nightmare undecided

387 Likes 33 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Kobicove:
This is every man's worst nightmare undecided

It would have been understandable to me if I was a wicked husband or used to bully her.

400 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by maak400: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 children (2 boys and a girl). I got married to this beatiful lady 13 years ago and everything was bliss until three years ago when my business experienced a serious down turn. My wife on the other hand witnessed an upturn in fortunes and practically became the bread winner in the home. Her good financial fortune had me focussed on trying to get myself back on track. I tried getting a job, but it was not forth coming. My business continued to dwindle and then I resorted to doing small odd jobs just so I could contribute to the family upkeep.
My wife's upturn in fortune however brought out the ugliness in her. She started trying to assume control of the home. She stopped consulting me on decisions concerning our home, rather consulting her parents. She practically turned my kids against me as she painted me as irresponsible. We initially had assess to each other's account, but now she has accounts hidden from me. I just found out she bought land somewhere, though she doesn't know I have that knowledge. She has become rude and disrespectful and her parents and siblings have taken over my home. I am so pained because all I ever did was show her love and respect. She didn't like the fact i tried to have order in my home and that seems to be my sin. I have never hit her or been wicked to her. Right now, I'm pained and confused. I don't know what to do. Someone please help.
Sorry about your predicament sir, I can only imagine what you’re going through. That’s the nature of women who suddenly become richer than their husband, similar cases like yours abound everywhere. God did not create women to be the provider of the house, so anytime circumstances happen to make a woman the provider, they simply become proud and treat the husband like shit. Just keep praying and hoping that your business bounces back. Also, ensure that you still put your foot down as the head of your home no matter what attitude your wife is displaying.

376 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by mascot87(m): 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
funmisticqueen:

I use you fear woman more o

437 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
maak400:

Sorry about your predicament sir, I can only imagine what you’re going through. That’s the nature of women who suddenly become richer than their husband, similar cases like yours abound everywhere. God did not create women to be the provider of the house, so anytime circumstances happen to make a woman the provider, they simply become proud and treat the husband like shit. Just keep praying and hoping that your business bounces back. Also, ensure that you still put your foot down as the head of your home no matter what attitude your wife is displaying.

Thanks, I really appreciate this.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kendumazy(m): 9:27pm On Dec 31, 2019
I guess you didn't pray about your relationship or you didn't get to do spiritual consultation about the kind of person your wife is. See, when it comes to two people coming together to get married. There are a lot of things involved. A wife star might superceed that of the husband and atimes it could be the other way round. These are parts of what parents sees that make them stand their ground that their son or daughter won't get married to a particular person. Not that the person is bad but it's just that, we all have the star we carry. You don't need to fight your wife. You just need some prayer or spiritual journey to see what could be the cause of your downfall or you can try and leave the home for like a month and watch any changes.

76 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nawa..this one pass me o..but I don't think there's anything you can do right now..focus on getting back on your feet.. that should be your main goal and priority now...just park her fr one side and get back up there

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Lamanii22(f): 9:30pm On Dec 31, 2019
simonlee:
simple trick....

Loool maddo... Too much sense will not kill you lol

153 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Blakjewelry(m): 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:
Clear your head and stay focus. This is the point I was trying to raise when people talk about broke guy issue. So what happened if things go wrong in the future, our parents where true to each other no matter the situation or condition. Just try and dust yourself up, just believe you can do it again, being frustrated will only keep you from achieving your goals, I pray 2020 smile on you

276 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Preshy561(f): 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:

It would have been understandable to me if I was a wicked husband or used to bully her.
This is so sad.
I understand your plight. If there's how you can search for a greener pasture by moving away from her for the main time, please do.
She might think you aren't doing good enough by seeing you home everytime.

Sorry about the situation.

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
Preshy561:

This is so sad.
I understand your plight. If there's how you can search for a greener pasture by moving away from her for the main time, please do.
She might think you aren't doing good enough by seeing you home everytime.

Sorry about the situation.

I'm always out of town looking for one job or business. I've just been unfortunate that all my efforts have yielded little or no fruit. It's almost as if there's a curse working against me.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by internationalman(m): 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
simonlee:
simple trick....

worked like magic when i once used it on my shakara girlfriend....

and i made sure i used a profile picture more beautiful than my girl's own..

i lay the phone where she could have easy access to it and she did and read the chat i orchestrated thinking i didn't know she saw it as she refused to confront me with it..

i made sure to make it look like the girl was begging me to leave my girl to date her...but since i knew my girl was gonna view it, in the chat i reiterated how much i loved my girl and how i could never leave her for anyone...

my guy you need to see the love this girl was showing me afterwards en.

if you want to be successfull with ladies you have to beat them to their manipulative game

588 Likes 44 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:

You are just like my wife. If marriage is about control, why marry? Why not stay on your own? Making money is not about hustling, if it was i'd be earning over three times what my wife earns. Luck, favour also plays a role. Maybe God just wants to show me who I married.

making money is about hustling

Mr, go and hustle

change line of business

ignore your wife and stop giving her attention, but she no try at all

my advice is simple, if you arent making it, find another location, move there alone and hustle hard, send upkeeping for children to your wife

men arent suppose to be complaining all the time, we are problem solvers, lets use our initiative to provide solutions to our problem

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by LordKO(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
If you're a Mech. Engr. with at least 2 years previous work experience in the petroleum industry, send me a PM immediately.

As for your wife and her recent attitude, it's obvious that you've been living with a frenemy all this while. Only few men are lucky, and can be lucky, to marry virtuous/submissive women. Since she's of the small-minded stock, you've to master the art of treating small-minded people and mete out same to her - if you aren't small-minded like her too.

202 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

making money is about hustling

Mr, go and hustle

change line of business

my advice is simple, if you arent making it, find another location, move there alone and hustle hard, send upkeeping for children to your wife

men arent suppose to be complaining all the time, we are problem solvers, lets use our initiative to provide solutions to our problem

And favour/luck has no part to play? May you not work like an Elephant and eat like an ant.

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:

And favour/luck has no part to play? May you not work like an Elephant and eat like an ant.

we all hustle hard, if something is not working , we use another method, we experiment with different methods with persistence, it will finally work, favour comes with the hustling, if you dont do anything no favour will come your way

go out of your house, find another location, work hard, live below your means ignore her, do your stuff, send money home, if she doesnt appreciate you another woman will

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
Your mistake was permitting her to become the breadwinner. When you experienced a downturn, you should have adjusted your family's standards of living down to comfortable levels accordingly, instead of using her own money to maintain that standard. Because you couldn't relinquish the good life, you have effectively relinquished control over your home. No matter how little you make, adjust your expenses to stay within that income. Do not touch her money under any circumstances.

180 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
lilwetdick:

we all hustle hard, if something is not working , we use another method, we experiment with different methods with persistence, it will finally work

go out of your house

I'm already out of the house and out of town. I'm not lazy. I've put hands in odd jobs, low paying jobs and different types of business. I just need a little favour. I need the touh of God right now.

141 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by ichidodo: 10:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
She is not wife material...As life in general is uncertain it is important to have a partner who has got your back when the chips are down.Unfortunately, you haven't. I hope to learn from your circumstance...

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kevsmart88(m): 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
internationalman:

worked like magic when i once used it on my shakara girlfriend....

and i made sure i used a profile picture more beautiful than my girl's own..

i lay the phone where she could have easy access to it and she did and read the chat i orchestrated thinking i didn't know she saw it as she refused to confront me with it..

i made sure to make it look like the girl was begging me to leave my girl to date her...but since i knew my girl was gonna view it, in the chat i reiterated how much i loved my girl and how i could never leave her for anyone...

my guy you need to see the love this girl was showing me afterwards en.

if you want to be successfull with ladies you have to be manipulative as well
All these for a woman's love? I really don't wanna judge how old you are with this comment but I would advise you put all of those efforts into making more money and being a beta version of urself and see her chase U around...women naturally are endeared to men who can provide security in all ramifications but fail to understand one thing- tables can turn sometimes in life and that's where true love and virtue come into play...To the OP keep striving, someday believe me U would overcome...

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:

I'm already out of the house and out of town. I'm not lazy. I've put hands in odd jobs, low paying jobs and different types of business. I just need a little favour. I need the touh of God right now.

you are getting there, live below your means, be persitence, experiment with different methods of creating sales and stick to one that works.

now you dont need any nagging or trouble, you wanna be in sound health and less thinking, send the little you make home

pls do not start drinking up and down, you need to be in the right frame of mind to make cash

if wife is not supportive, forget about her and focus on making cash, there is nothing bad if you make it and dump her sorry ass

as for the land, there is nothing you can do, it is hers already

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
RisenPhoenix:
Your mistake was permitting her to become the breadwinner. When you experienced a downturn, you should have adjusted your family's standards of living down to comfortable levels accordingly, instead of using her own money to maintain that standard. Because you couldn't relinquish the good life, you have effectively relinquished control over your home. No matter how little you make, adjust your expenses to stay within that income. Do not touch her money under any circumstances.

My wife ouldn't relinquish her standard. That's where the problems started.

15 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:

it means that when you were making it, you guys was living above your means that is the problem

you get broke easily, when you live above your means and also if you dont have savings for raining day

anyway, this is a lesson for you

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
strungup79:

Then you should have let her go not given in to her whims. You are the captain who sets the course for the household. If she cannot stay with you through thick and thin, she should find her own direction in life without you.

As for the land, she has a right to do what she wants with her own money.

It's not too late. Get a divorce, she's now a liability on your back. No man can function after he has been emasculated. Hustle hard, marry a more supportive wife, and try to keep in touch with your kids as much as possible.

The last thing you want to be in when you are in economic downturn is a toxic relationship that drags you further down; mentally and emotionally.

Good luck.

57 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

Daily Hard Truth Guys Don't Know About Girls (thread) / Real Signs A Woman Really Loves You. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.